system lag is cheating people out of drachma

system lag is cheating people out of drachma

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Dec 21, 2017, 22:0312/21/17
12/21/15

The time lag in this game has caused me to lose drachmas in other ways. Whenever there is just a couple of minutes left till the end of a Persian positions tournament and I am selecting troops to play one last position the game magically slows right down at that point so that there is less than one minute to go and so causes me to have to boost the troops' speed and due to there being less than half a minute left I have had to use a 50% boost because I didn't have enough time left to click several 25% boosts. In my haste to click a 50% boost which is rarer than the 25% boosts I didn't see that I had none left and I was tricked into clicking to spend 700 drachmas to play one position - which, by the way, still didn't get my troops there in time because the game slowed to a halt. So not only was I tricked into spending 700 drachmas for a boost because there was no warning to confirm I wish to spend drachmas, but the boost failed to work due to the game slowing down and more than cancelling out any time gained from the boost.

The positioning of buttons and the lack of a confirmation dialogue box is also definitely a problem in causing unwanted purchases with drachmas. Several of my coalition members have at different times been manoeuvred into upgrading pantheons with a lot of drachmas by the placement and design of buttons being coloured green and causing people to be subconsciously drawn into clicking that button rather than the other one to upgrade with normal resources. Although some members have eventually managed to get their drachmas back after several weeks of negotiation with Plarium support they have all been initially refused and given a lot of stress for weeks not knowing if they would be reimbursed their drachmas which has permanently tainted their enjoyment of the game causing some members to no longer participate as actively or as cheerfully as before in coalition life, which of course has a knock-on effect on other coalition members who may drop out of the game due to less activity in the chat room or a less fun atmosphere. And we don't know about any member who may have quit the game because they lost drachmas who has not discussed the problem in the chat room. All this could be resolved with a simple confirmation button before drachmas can be used.

The time-lag problem and button-positioning problem also happens in other areas e.g. when fighting the challenger. The button to collect the award for defeating the challenger doesn't disappear right away when you click it, making you think that you haven't clicked it properly so you click it again and end up unkowingly clicking a button to regenerate the phylarch's energy instantly with drachmas which you only find out when you see that after the maximum number of 4 blows exchanged which should normally deplete his energy he is ready to fight again with full energy.

All of those problems whether caused by positioning of buttons alone or both button position and time lag could be prevented with a confirmation dialogue before proceeding to use drachmas for anything.

MariusAdmin
Dec 22, 2017, 11:3012/22/17
09/04/17
Our dev team made adjustments and included them in the latest update. This should help with the issue of Instant Upgrade button not working properly when there are server- or connection-caused performance issues with the game.
Dec 22, 2017, 11:4012/22/17
Dec 22, 2017, 12:17(edited)
02/26/16

It does not matter which browser I use today, not one invites the plaruim page correctly. The pop up or the other stuff is not displayed correctly

second screenshoot is from google chrom

http://prntscr.com/hqyeq9

http://prntscr.com/hqyuz6