People that are Banned from the Forum

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Feb 11, 2022, 06:2102/11/22
12/02/16

Hi Katia,

You seam to have interest in answering and commenting to players requests, good. On this specific topic I still didn't got an answer although there are 6 replies of moderators, but most of the information in the replies are not related to the original request, so i will adjust a little the request and if you can answer it please.

1) In sparta server 1, active players(connected last 30 days), which were not banned because of sales or non proper language, what are the names of the players that adress these conditions? check with plarium itself to get the answer, It is not to question moderators actions or motives, the reason for the ban is not relevant, only the question of the list of players that are baned.

2) As a response to point 1, plarium might say that the names are confidential, but check with them first please. Only if they will say that post here just the counting number of the players, not their names, so at least we will know how many players there are.

Thanks.

KatiaModerator
Feb 11, 2022, 15:5002/11/22
01/31/18
Lior

Hi Katia,

You seam to have interest in answering and commenting to players requests, good. On this specific topic I still didn't got an answer although there are 6 replies of moderators, but most of the information in the replies are not related to the original request, so i will adjust a little the request and if you can answer it please.

1) In sparta server 1, active players(connected last 30 days), which were not banned because of sales or non proper language, what are the names of the players that adress these conditions? check with plarium itself to get the answer, It is not to question moderators actions or motives, the reason for the ban is not relevant, only the question of the list of players that are baned.

2) As a response to point 1, plarium might say that the names are confidential, but check with them first please. Only if they will say that post here just the counting number of the players, not their names, so at least we will know how many players there are.

Thanks.

Hello Lior. All  I can, is to forward your request to the managers.🙂

Ana de TinkyCommunity Manager
Feb 11, 2022, 16:0502/11/22
04/05/21
Lior

Hi Katia,

Thanks.

Hello Lior! I do not understand your point. Could you please explain?

What banned players are you referring to? The players that were banned in the game or on the Forum?

Feb 12, 2022, 12:2402/12/22
12/02/16

Hi Anastasia,

The Forum, As i said in my original request:

"1 - Post as a response to this conversation a full list of people that are banned from posting in this forum"

Feb 14, 2022, 12:5602/14/22
11/05/15
morteeee

Hi Lior

as an ex mod I can tell you the following

most of the bans issued on the forums were due to spammers (as in muscle food, crypto currencies etc)  and those will never be lifted (and to be fair who would want them to be?)

a list of names and dates would not be possible to be posted, the ban database is for ALL forums not just sparta and due to the sheer number of spam bans on it quite frankly means such a list would be too large to post 

the posting of such a list would risk being in direct contravention of GDPR as some use their real names or derivatives of them and therefore would be identifiable 

when I was a moderator I offered to investigate any suspected unfair bans, I got not ONE request to investigate that gave the information I needed to look into them 

also this post is in contravention of forum rule 3.15 which states the following 

"Create posts discussing forum moderation decisions, such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts/ threads, etc. This also includes publicly sharing any private messages from Community Administrators or Moderators regarding disciplinary actions taken towards you. The discussion of forum/group moderation actions generally leads to inflaming the community and trolling Community Administrators and Moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. "

(forgive me the last part, it would appear that old habits are hard to shake off lol) 

Lior I refer you to my original response 

Feb 15, 2022, 22:4802/15/22
Feb 15, 2022, 22:50(edited)
08/09/15

I appreciate you bringing this post up again Morteee.   

Yes these are the rules, however the only way these people can appeal bans is to message the old community manager - who told us very directly that they did not have time to read personal messages.

The people in question were massive contributors to the forums, and their unfair removal caused many people to boycot these forums.  We need these people back.  When one is open to returning we bring this issue up because we need their ban removed.

How do we stay inside the rules and not discuss previous issued bans - as per the rules - when support tell us to message the community manager that issued the bans wrongly in the first place, and will not read personal messages?

Not to be a pain, but you stepped down as a moderator and erased your posts about appeals for bans.  So what do you suggest here?  We just ignore the players that were banned wrongly because they shared computers with family or co workers/ students? 

We try to deal with moderators that deny this happened and tell us they do not know anything about the issue?

Give up on trying to return the ones that were kicked because they stood up for the people that were force migrated to a server that did not work and were asked to play a war game against others that were still in a working server?

Telling us to not break rules and just leave things be the way they are is not helping us restore the forums or restore faith in a game that has angered the player base with broken promises, out of control bugs, removed tourney rewards and updates that are not fair to the game community. 

Feb 16, 2022, 20:1602/16/22
11/05/15
Fortress DBD

I appreciate you bringing this post up again Morteee.   

Yes these are the rules, however the only way these people can appeal bans is to message the old community manager - who told us very directly that they did not have time to read personal messages.

The people in question were massive contributors to the forums, and their unfair removal caused many people to boycot these forums.  We need these people back.  When one is open to returning we bring this issue up because we need their ban removed.

How do we stay inside the rules and not discuss previous issued bans - as per the rules - when support tell us to message the community manager that issued the bans wrongly in the first place, and will not read personal messages?

Not to be a pain, but you stepped down as a moderator and erased your posts about appeals for bans.  So what do you suggest here?  We just ignore the players that were banned wrongly because they shared computers with family or co workers/ students? 

We try to deal with moderators that deny this happened and tell us they do not know anything about the issue?

Give up on trying to return the ones that were kicked because they stood up for the people that were force migrated to a server that did not work and were asked to play a war game against others that were still in a working server?

Telling us to not break rules and just leave things be the way they are is not helping us restore the forums or restore faith in a game that has angered the player base with broken promises, out of control bugs, removed tourney rewards and updates that are not fair to the game community. 

I would suggest you forward the forum names of those banned accounts to one of the active forum moderators so they can raise the ban with the CM who can then lift the ban if necessary 

Feb 17, 2022, 05:3702/17/22
02/14/18
morteeee

Hi Lior

as an ex mod I can tell you the following

most of the bans issued on the forums were due to spammers (as in muscle food, crypto currencies etc)  and those will never be lifted (and to be fair who would want them to be?)

a list of names and dates would not be possible to be posted, the ban database is for ALL forums not just sparta and due to the sheer number of spam bans on it quite frankly means such a list would be too large to post 

the posting of such a list would risk being in direct contravention of GDPR as some use their real names or derivatives of them and therefore would be identifiable 

when I was a moderator I offered to investigate any suspected unfair bans, I got not ONE request to investigate that gave the information I needed to look into them 

also this post is in contravention of forum rule 3.15 which states the following 

"Create posts discussing forum moderation decisions, such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts/ threads, etc. This also includes publicly sharing any private messages from Community Administrators or Moderators regarding disciplinary actions taken towards you. The discussion of forum/group moderation actions generally leads to inflaming the community and trolling Community Administrators and Moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. "

(forgive me the last part, it would appear that old habits are hard to shake off lol) 

Thank you for your collaboration in this thread. As the longest-serving former moderator on the forum, you can reply far more accurately than the rest of us. It would be great if you could come back as a mod, the players trust your judgment as much as the rest of the mod team. 

Feb 20, 2022, 18:5802/20/22
11/05/15

not going to happen, not coming back