Plarium is once again price gouging.

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Feb 14, 2019, 10:1502/14/19
10/08/16

As everyone knows there exists a certain percentage of players who win by way of buying their edge, some of whom spend hundreds of dollars every month. But, (in my opinion) some players who purchase packages do so sparingly and only when there is a particularly good offer. I know this to be true not only because I am one of those but also several of my friends do this too. 

About two weeks ago a friend who owed me money pay me back by way of paypal. I left the money there for the purpose of having it the next time there was an offer that had what I happened to need the most at the time. However, over the last 14 days I've noticed something... they have simply stopped making offers below $20. Can anyone tell me for sure if my conclusion (that there will hence forth there will simply not be any that are below $20) is correct or that it is just a coincidence?

XP

P.S. - For anyone who reads this & has an opinion but no answers, please speak up! I am really interested in what everyone else thinks.
Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 14, 2019, 13:3802/14/19
Feb 14, 2019, 13:40(edited)
03/10/15

the only way to get low offers is to stop buying the 50% off def and the helios city, i just don't understand why they consider them as the packages so if you get any of this, you dont get low offers... just high and higher, what they are doing to me, instead of making me buy more, is that i buy less and less but its their company and they can run it the way they want, if they don't see people leaving game and spending less ... we can't do anything

there are low offers, for those that buy nothing, to get them in the system. it remind me the internet companies, great offers to get you as client, once you are in, they forget about you ;-)
Feb 15, 2019, 04:4302/15/19
09/23/15

It is a strategy game after all and most of players choose wisely the way they play the game.

As a player you can choose to spend a lot or a little this is always a choice and not necessary as many players still active players and never spend on the game.

The strategies used are up to the player and most of the time in strategy games is not the coin that get you far is the strategy you use and team work.

Many keep talking about an unbalanced game because some can afford to spend and some may not.

There are players which are very good and very successful on the game and they could never afford to buy any offers, but are very active and work well in  a team and they do get plenty of excellent rewards from being a part of a coalition which have other members which achieve the coalition goals and spend on the game and they do choose most of the time the offers which will give a coalition chest which randomly give nice rewards to all coalition members.

Acropolis is one of the advantages anyone can have by upgrading to a maximum level you can protect all the army which players put to be trained  and the resources can be used and the city would not be attractive for raids because no player wants to loose a raid on a city that would give nothing while has been raided.

For the second city .... this has to be again a decision made solely by the players and is not a must.

Second cities may or may not be something that players wish to have at the moment as no much information is available to know exact what to expect from it but in most cases  are fun to have and from previous experience I have from playing strategy games with up to 10 cities , I can assure you they are bunch of fun and most of the time they the one that bring the game alive and give players opportunities to interact more on the battle field.

Now talking about the balance on the battle field between coiners and non- coiners is all about working together, being active and be part of an active team which will help when needed and together they can bring down any player coiner or non-coiner.

The offers are randomly and as I believe they are been looked into to be made more attractive and easy accessible to all players.

Over the years as a player I buy when I like the offer or when I need one and most of the time when I know my team will also benefit from a nice coalition chest which prove to help so many receive nice gifts.

Most of the players are playing for fun and they enjoying the game while they become good friends and being a coiner or non- coiner will never affect this. 

So maybe we need to give a chance to see the second city first , see what we can do and how much fun we can have and as always all the comments are  taken into consideration and all are brought to the attention of the developers and technical team as we all collectively wish that all players to have a nice experience during the game play.

Before  being  moderators  we are players which we have one aim to help everyone understand the game, help answer the questions and try to share our experience and help all players achieve their best. 

Feb 15, 2019, 11:3402/15/19
03/10/15

red, not sure if you know, this is a good tip.. it is proven by studies that people lose interest and stop reading before the 20th line, its better short and concise messages to get to people to read them and understand them.

1.- about the second city, do you play stormfall? i do, so when i same it unbalance game :) its my opinion based in experience

2.- there is no random in packages lol  its my opinion based in experience of 4 years and comparing offers daily with different kind of players. 

3.- about unbalanced, ok its your opinion, but i am sure you don't play active in our server lol

Feb 19, 2019, 16:3002/19/19
09/23/15

hijadelafortuna T.I.A. said:

red, not sure if you know, this is a good tip.. it is proven by studies that people lose interest and stop reading before the 20th line, its better short and concise messages to get to people to read them and understand them.

1.- about the second city, do you play stormfall? i do, so when i same it unbalance game :) its my opinion based in experience

2.- there is no random in packages lol  its my opinion based in experience of 4 years and comparing offers daily with different kind of players. 

3.- about unbalanced, ok its your opinion, but i am sure you don't play active in our server lol

Depends on the information given and after 20th line you almost finish reading lol so i guess you survived and proved that the studies are not always 100%accurate.

1.You talking experience from Stormfall  for Sparta War of Empires, seems you still playing Stormfall so you must find the game pretty balanced :)

2.You are right,it is all based on your experience so after all you not the only player to play this game for 4 years and we all compare the offers with other players.

3.That's for me to know and you to wonder lol

Feb 21, 2019, 22:5302/21/19
Feb 21, 2019, 22:55(edited)
03/10/15

1 totally unbalanced and a way to get our money (said today by most people in sparta)

2. please read my lines, they were only a few, so you should not have any problem. Also and more important do NOT misinterpret in your convenience/interes my words. I am responsible of what i write, not what you understand. read again i said compare with more players for over 4 years...  but i better shut up in case you threat again to ban me 

the study is absolutely proven. Anyway if it makes you feel good to belive it, feel free, the advice was for free, you can take or not, its your decision. 

Feb 23, 2019, 01:4502/23/19
08/21/14

XPusher32 said:

As everyone knows there exists a certain percentage of players who win by way of buying their edge, some of whom spend hundreds of dollars every month. But, (in my opinion) some players who purchase packages do so sparingly and only when there is a particularly good offer. I know this to be true not only because I am one of those but also several of my friends do this too. 

About two weeks ago a friend who owed me money pay me back by way of paypal. I left the money there for the purpose of having it the next time there was an offer that had what I happened to need the most at the time. However, over the last 14 days I've noticed something... they have simply stopped making offers below $20. Can anyone tell me for sure if my conclusion (that there will hence forth there will simply not be any that are below $20) is correct or that it is just a coincidence?

XP

P.S. - For anyone who reads this & has an opinion but no answers, please speak up! I am really interested in what everyone else thinks.

there are no coincidence plarium related.

Tonaya
Feb 27, 2019, 20:4902/27/19
09/30/15
Greed will be Plariums downfall. They can't encourage a player to pay to play due to gambling regs but they can dangle the bait until a player bites. After a few buys the player gets in to the habit of buying bonuses to give them the edge. Gradually Plarium ups the ante to get players to spend more. There are clearly some big buck players on here add the sneaky Plarium player (allegedly for legal purposes) targeting the egotist knowing that they will pay more rather than be humiliated in defeat. Sadly, the number of abandoned cities speaks voumes. Anyone suddenly notice how a large number of cities have been reactivated at the same time? Don't tell me that its a coincidence. Is it Plarium trying to hide the fact that so many players have left? Take a look around and see for yourself.
Feb 28, 2019, 09:1602/28/19
Feb 28, 2019, 09:19(edited)
03/10/15

Active players, the ones that we have been in this forum for years, we know the downfall of the game at least in plarium.com, i have said goodbye to friends and enemies more than i want to recognise, but plarium dont see.... and we have been saying in this forum (at least i have been saying in this forum) for a couple of years now....

also they dont see that players do nto trust anymore in plarium and support, so they gave up. A player that gives up especially on support (that is key department in this business and here is treated like a joke, who deal private problems in public, do you imagine telling all your private info to sortt a matter than your enemies can use against you? common is not serious!) is a player half gone...

Mar 3, 2019, 20:0003/03/19
Mar 3, 2019, 20:01(edited)
08/08/15

Money has & will continue to make a difference.  While all have the choices available it is those with money that can & do pounce on the offers allowing them to progress faster & become stronger than those unwilling to spend at their level.  You may state it is a player's choice but in game reality it's either keep up or fall behind & be at a growing disadvantage.

In the past several players could unite to overcome players that used money to grow but now upgrades with spending money provides coiners greater boosts of growth & power.  A number of coiners unite in a coalition making it difficult if not impossible for regular players to oppose them.

How many individuals or coalitions do you think will come together & agree on everything it takes to oppose coiners?  I've tried but I think Plarium ignores a basic fact of human nature.  If I can buy & revive my losses however severe it will not cripple me.  On the other hand a average player that spends time slowly growing their army without investing lots of cash & with limited revival ability is highly unlikely to flush all of it when the opponent can be back in strength in a few days while it may take a year for the average player to rebuild.  That's reality & it has nothing to do with experience, strategy or development choices.....the difference is money.  Players will not make difficult sacrifices if their sacrifice really makes no difference except to cripple themselves.  

Plarium upgrades introduce new ways to add power that's especially helpful to those who have already maxed out existing upgrades.  Who maxes out the fastest?  Those who buy their way.  You are killing the fun for most average players & driving more away with every upgrade that can be bought with money rather than serious game play.

Mar 3, 2019, 22:1503/03/19
08/23/15
Dogma WOR said:

Money has & will continue to make a difference.  While all have the choices available it is those with money that can & do pounce on the offers allowing them to progress faster & become stronger than those unwilling to spend at their level.  You may state it is a player's choice but in game reality it's either keep up or fall behind & be at a growing disadvantage.

In the past several players could unite to overcome players that used money to grow but now upgrades with spending money provides coiners greater boosts of growth & power.  A number of coiners unite in a coalition making it difficult if not impossible for regular players to oppose them.

How many individuals or coalitions do you think will come together & agree on everything it takes to oppose coiners?  I've tried but I think Plarium ignores a basic fact of human nature.  If I can buy & revive my losses however severe it will not cripple me.  On the other hand a average player that spends time slowly growing their army without investing lots of cash & with limited revival ability is highly unlikely to flush all of it when the opponent can be back in strength in a few days while it may take a year for the average player to rebuild.  That's reality & it has nothing to do with experience, strategy or development choices.....the difference is money.  Players will not make difficult sacrifices if their sacrifice really makes no difference except to cripple themselves.  

Plarium upgrades introduce new ways to add power that's especially helpful to those who have already maxed out existing upgrades.  Who maxes out the fastest?  Those who buy their way.  You are killing the fun for most average players & driving more away with every upgrade that can be bought with money rather than serious game play.

Mar 5, 2019, 11:3903/05/19
11/05/15

firstly, if you hold off buying anything for a month, the price drops back down again 

secondly without coiners there would be no game, at the end of the day companies need to make money to survive, this maybe an unpopular fact for some but it is true 
Mar 5, 2019, 12:0403/05/19
08/23/15

morteeee said:

firstly, if you hold off buying anything for a month, the price drops back down again 

secondly without coiners there would be no game, at the end of the day companies need to make money to survive, this maybe an unpopular fact for some but it is true 

Oh, c'mon morteeee ... Do you really think that the problem is the shopping within the game? All online games (browser games, mmoprg, etc ...) have their own paid features. But this does not justify the recent policy of Plarium, which makes it almost mandatory to spend money, otherwise you can not compete with those who do (unless, of course, other users do not spend their money, and then the game would be balanced ). In these years I have been one of the average financiers of this game; average, because I spent a lot of money, but never at the levels of some, which are very likely to be disgustingly rich. SWOE has changed a lot from what it used to be. Before the news had been about the Phylarc, and other functions that did not necessarily require money to be developed. But now it is not so ... Example: I have bought so many assassins, which have now become almost useless because of the introduction of new city schemes that include protection from the latter (a function that can only be purchased for a fee). To make money, the choices made previously were disavowed. The old city still has building spaces: why not introduce new buildings? The paid features can also include advantages: aesthetic or even aimed at conferring temporary bonuses (VIP status, etc ...). But they do not have to be mandatory. If I want to develop the new city, I have to pay. This is the relationship! Please be honest with yourself ...

Mar 5, 2019, 12:4103/05/19
11/05/15
my opinion doesn't really matter here however the 2 facts I posted are correct 
Mar 5, 2019, 13:1103/05/19
08/23/15

morteeee said:

As a moderator, you limited yourself to saying what is there for everyone. What you said is not correct, but simply real. I'm not asking for your opinion (I know you could not provide it), but my comment related to the second point of your speech. Yes, producers must introduce a shopping section in order to survive and guarantee the development of a game. But what is at the height of all the discussions of these days is how this sector was ultimately understood by Plarium: indispensable. Many other games do not adopt the same purchasing policy: yet they still enjoy good health. So we can not say that Plarium does it to survive: he does it only to get rich and induce players to spend more and more ...

Mar 5, 2019, 14:1003/05/19
08/08/15

morteeee said:

I believe we all recognize that money makes the world go round & that companies need to make money.  The question is how many of the companies do so by providing services & such vs. preying on their customers.  From what I observe Plarium caters to the coiners with the rest of us being the fatted cows led to slaughter for their enjoyment though it takes time for the cows to realize this.  The choice is to become an eater or be eaten depending on investment level.

And no, the game would not cease to exist if Plarium didn't milk coiners & instead actually balanced out the game in a more reasonable fashion.  The bottom line profit may be reduced some but overall player satisfaction would increase.  Sadly our satisfaction is more of a superficial head pat as Plarium continues to develop ideas to extract more cash with each upgrade.  

There really is no point to this discussion as everything will continue as it has.  Slowly we fatted cows will waddle away to other games that are more balanced & I can't help but wonder what will happen when your coiner cow eaters are left with only tofu.

Mar 5, 2019, 15:0603/05/19
03/10/15
morteeee said:

but packages and buying the 50% should not be related
Mar 6, 2019, 00:0503/06/19
08/08/15
hijadelafortuna T.I.A. said:

but packages and buying the 50% should not be related
You are absolutely correct H but their answer is just another spin that misses the point regardless of how low the price goes..
Mar 6, 2019, 04:2403/06/19
10/08/16

Thank you all! I was very pleased to c multiple response most of which made sense. I will hold off for a while buying any, even though typically I spend $10 per month...maybe just need to stretched it out an extra week or two.

XP
Mar 28, 2019, 17:4003/28/19
09/04/16

morteeee said:

Facts

• Even if the price drops back down the price of packages are very high
  • Plarium need Coiners, Coiners need Time Players. Without Time Players no Coiners no Profit for Plarium.
  • Unhappy Players don’t spent money to the game.
  • The game become very unbalance. It is like a Road Race: Time Players go on foot and Coiners use cars, airplanes, jets etc
Mar 28, 2019, 19:1003/28/19
11/29/14

Test made to top 15 coa leaders / + 3-4  poles 

check by yourself after 3h .  A game full of bugs with that kind of fame from top players...