Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
DariaCommunity Manager
Jul 13, 2023, 12:5207/13/23
10/31/22

Loading Issues

🌟 Plarium Play and Game Loading Issues

This topic is dedicated to game loading issues discussions and offers you the basic troubleshooting steps, as well as links to useful guides and articles. Our moderators and Community Managers can also help you in solving some game loading issues. Besides, please check the solutions posted by other players in this thread. They might be helpful in resolving the issue without waiting for a response from the staff.  

🌟 There are three main reasons why you may experience login issues:

1. The server does not respond. The game/ launcher client is unable to connect to the server. It means the request from your PC is delivered to the game server, but cannot be processed.  
  2. Network problems. The request from the game client cannot be passed to the game server due to Internet connection issues.  
  3. Device-related issues. For example, a player needs to update or reinstall some drivers, components, OS on his/ her PC, etc.

In the first case, the issue must be resolved by the game server/launcher developers.

If the issue is related to some network problems, the developers can rarely affect the resolution from their side. When the request is sent from the game client/ launcher to the server, it goes through a long way before reaching the target. If the connection is lost at some stage, the signal won’t be delivered and will return to the sender (i.e. your game client).

To make the process of solving the issue easier and faster, we have collected all known solutions in one article for you.

🌟 Ultimate Loading Troubleshoot

The game does not load/ Error upon login/ The loading screen got stuck at 99%/ Black or White screen.

1. Clear cache in Plarium Play. To reset the cache, open Plarium Play -> Settings -> System Preferences -> Press the button "Reset cache". Note: After the cache is reset, you will need to log in to Plarium Play, that's why it's always important to remember your credentials before doing this step.                                                                                                                     
  2. Uninstall Plarium Play from your PC/Mac. Note: If you're a macOS user, you'll also need to clean out the "/Users/USERNAME/Public/PlariumPlay"  folder manually. USERNAME refers to your macOS user name.
  3. Download the latest version of Plarium Play here.
  4. Change DNS settings.
  5. For Windows users, please install all the Windows updates that are available in "Windows Update" on your PC. Or upgrade your Windows version to the higher one.
  6. For Windows users, check if the newest version of NET. Framework is installed on your PC. You can find it here.
  7. If you have problems installing the application, please temporarily disable the antivirus protection on your PC.
  8. Sometimes installing and enabling a VPN on your PC may also help to enter the game.
  9. If the issue persists, please find the "pp_log.txt" file and send it to our Support team. You should find that file at this address:

For Microsoft Windows:

C:\Users\~Your username~\AppData\Local\Plarium\PlariumPlay\pp_log.txt

For Mac OS X:

/Users/~Your username~/Documents/PlariumPlay/pp_log.txt

Note: Windows users can also access the folder containing the log file by going to the Plarium Play Settings -> System Preferences section and clicking “Show log file”.

🌟 The game elements are not displayed/ are displayed incorrectly/ longtime response to actions in the game / the game is lagging.  

This issue can be related to the DNS settings or to the restrictions of your regional network provider. Solution:

1. Clear cache in Plarium Play (Settings -> System Preferences ->Reset cache).
  2. Change DNS settings.
  3. Installing and enabling a VPN on your PC may also help.

If the troubleshoots given above dіd not help, please submit a request to our Technical Support Team by using this link.  

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 3, 2023, 12:4908/03/23
08/02/23

Please help me solve the problem! Can't login to Sparta. After loading the screen, a black screen appears with a white rectangle in the lower right corner and the music of the game plays, nothing further loads. Other games don't have this problem. I did all the above steps 100%, but nothing helps. Contacted support, but no response. My request is 5055894

KatiaModerator
Aug 4, 2023, 05:3208/04/23
01/31/18
Alex Kromchenko

Please help me solve the problem! Can't login to Sparta. After loading the screen, a black screen appears with a white rectangle in the lower right corner and the music of the game plays, nothing further loads. Other games don't have this problem. I did all the above steps 100%, but nothing helps. Contacted support, but no response. My request is 5055894

Hello Alex. As a mod, I see a lot of such cases, and all are related to the player's PC.  If the troubleshooting didn't help you maybe you have to check if your PC has spare space to download the changes. If not, you have to delete some unnecessary apps so you will have the required space.  If you have another PC  which can support the Plarium Play system, it is time to test it.  May I ask the date you submitted the ticket? 

Aug 12, 2023, 22:1008/12/23
10/04/14

Same here Alex.

I followed all the trouleshooting steps and have more than enough space. The launcher loads and other games download on it, but Sparta and Stormfall do not. I only play Sparta but i checked the others to see if it was my system...it is not and i have more than the required space. 

Put in a support request last Monday the 7th. Not one word from anyone.

Aug 14, 2023, 17:0308/14/23
09/23/22

I have played Sparta every day for almost a year now. This morning the loading screen gets to 99% and freezes there. I use Windows. I have reset the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher/game. Still freezes at 99%. All my Windows updates are done. The game was fine last night.

Anyone have any ideas?

Aug 14, 2023, 18:3508/14/23
02/01/21

It's server3. 1 and 2 are alive. Unfortunatelly, if you made a mistake of trying to access s3 or was last on s3, you're stuck for half a day now like a lot of people. 

It's really lame you actually can't choose the server from the main app. As it stands I can't get to s2, where my overlord guardian is of the water affinity, so pretty important to set it up on the first day of overlord event.

instead of more and more new unwanted content, how about solving simple technical things like that?

Aug 14, 2023, 19:3008/14/23
09/23/22

Thanks CrazyBird...I guess I will have to wait. At least I am not alone...

Aug 14, 2023, 20:0108/14/23
05/29/22

не могу войти в игру зачем так? что случилось?

Aug 15, 2023, 05:2608/15/23
09/23/22

Still can't get into the game. Still stuck at 99% loaded. Anyone know how much longer it's going to be?

Aug 15, 2023, 06:5408/15/23
01/12/23

Не могу зайти в СПАРТУ не грузится, 99% на этом все.

KatiaModerator
Aug 15, 2023, 11:5708/15/23
01/31/18
Roscanor

Still can't get into the game. Still stuck at 99% loaded. Anyone know how much longer it's going to be?

Hello Archon 

please try again. The Team already fixed it.

KatiaModerator
Aug 15, 2023, 11:5908/15/23
01/31/18
Нурлан

Не могу зайти в СПАРТУ не грузится, 99% на этом все.

Hello Archon. thank you for your post. The team already fixed it, so please try again.

KatiaModerator
Aug 15, 2023, 12:0008/15/23
01/31/18
Тигран

не могу войти в игру зачем так? что случилось?

Hello Archon. There was a loading issue, but the Team already fixed it. Please try again. 

KatiaModerator
Aug 15, 2023, 12:0108/15/23
01/31/18
Tantomont

Same here Alex.

I followed all the trouleshooting steps and have more than enough space. The launcher loads and other games download on it, but Sparta and Stormfall do not. I only play Sparta but i checked the others to see if it was my system...it is not and i have more than the required space. 

Hello Archon. Is the game ok now?

KatiaModerator
Aug 15, 2023, 12:0408/15/23
01/31/18
Tantomont

Same here Alex.

Hello Archon, and sorry for the late reply. Please next time post your ticket number and the date you sent it, so I forward it to the managers. Is your game ok now?

KatiaModerator
Aug 15, 2023, 12:0608/15/23
01/31/18
CrazyBird

It's server3. 1 and 2 are alive. Unfortunatelly, if you made a mistake of trying to access s3 or was last on s3, you're stuck for half a day now like a lot of people. 

It's really lame you actually can't choose the server from the main app. As it stands I can't get to s2, where my overlord guardian is of the water affinity, so pretty important to set it up on the first day of overlord event.

instead of more and more new unwanted content, how about solving simple technical things like that?

Hello Archon. Thank you for your post. The team solved this issue. Is your game ok now?

Aug 15, 2023, 21:2508/15/23
10/04/14

No Katia, i still can not get Sparta to download, all the other games except for stormfall download with no problems, but like i've said i don't play them.

Nazar from support suggested i may have it downloaded into a folder with special characters, in which case i need to delete any space in the name of the folder or the special characters.....but that's not the case either.

there is something going on with Sparta and stormfall not downloading...i'm looking forward for a resolution soon, as i'm really getting tired of trying all these things that are not working. After playing this game since 2014 and all the time and effort and money i put into i would hate to have to just stop and not get back on ever.

KatiaModerator
Aug 19, 2023, 12:4008/19/23
01/31/18
Tantomont

No Katia, i still can not get Sparta to download, all the other games except for stormfall download with no problems, but like i've said i don't play them.

Nazar from support suggested i may have it downloaded into a folder with special characters, in which case i need to delete any space in the name of the folder or the special characters.....but that's not the case either.

there is something going on with Sparta and stormfall not downloading...i'm looking forward for a resolution soon, as i'm really getting tired of trying all these things that are not working. After playing this game since 2014 and all the time and effort and money i put into i would hate to have to just stop and not get back on ever.

Archon, I'm not a programmer, but if I had loading issues , but other players don't and the support ask me to clear my cache or do something else, it means the it connection with my game is ok from their side. If my interenet was ok, and my ping ok, I would check my task manager, and I would delete all the old files and apps from my PC that don't serve me anymore, so I will have enough space for my Sparta game. I would delete all the files and shortcuts that are related to Plarium Game, and I would reinstall it again here   I'm really sorry, but I don't know more than the Suport. I'm just a player like you and I understand you perfectly. 

Aug 19, 2023, 21:2908/19/23
Aug 20, 2023, 12:56(edited)
10/04/14

i've done everything the support response suggested, i did everything you suggested, i did everything in the troubleshooting list. I do not have trouble downloading the launcher, i have a problem with Sparta downloading on the laungher, while other games download just fine......suggesting that there is a problem with those games at the point of the launcher outside of my control....others are having problems, i've had a friend in another state load the laucher and try downloading the game of Sparta ...it doesn't load.

Anyone who already has the launcher and has had it for at least since August 4th  may not have the problem, but my problem started just over the night of August 6th. So if you care to completely delete your launcher platform and the files associated with it and try to down load sparta you will have the same problem i'm sure.

But thank you all for your help, even the suggestion that didn't work, even those showed me what is not the problem...kinda leads to one that is.

oh and i've deleted the launcher and all of the plarium related files. I have more than enough space for every game on the launcher, but i don't play any but Sparta ( i only downloaded the other once to check if i had a problem with them all...turns out only Stormfall and Sparta don't download for me). but no, support sent back suggestion for what might be wrong on my end ( i checked everyone of them), they did not say they checked a stand alone computer and attempted to download the launcher on a fresh desktop like me and then tried to download Sparta....i'm staying hopeful they will. But honestly it's now the 19th and i've only received one letter from support (that suggested the problem was on my end, without mentioning checking from their end...come on!)

KatiaModerator
Aug 20, 2023, 13:3708/20/23
01/31/18
Tantomont

i've done everything the support response suggested, i did everything you suggested, i did everything in the troubleshooting list. I do not have trouble downloading the launcher, i have a problem with Sparta downloading on the laungher, while other games download just fine......suggesting that there is a problem with those games at the point of the launcher outside of my control....others are having problems, i've had a friend in another state load the laucher and try downloading the game of Sparta ...it doesn't load.

Anyone who already has the launcher and has had it for at least since August 4th  may not have the problem, but my problem started just over the night of August 6th. So if you care to completely delete your launcher platform and the files associated with it and try to down load sparta you will have the same problem i'm sure.

But thank you all for your help, even the suggestion that didn't work, even those showed me what is not the problem...kinda leads to one that is.

oh and i've deleted the launcher and all of the plarium related files. I have more than enough space for every game on the launcher, but i don't play any but Sparta ( i only downloaded the other once to check if i had a problem with them all...turns out only Stormfall and Sparta don't download for me). but no, support sent back suggestion for what might be wrong on my end ( i checked everyone of them), they did not say they checked a stand alone computer and attempted to download the launcher on a fresh desktop like me and then tried to download Sparta....i'm staying hopeful they will. But honestly it's now the 19th and i've only received one letter from support (that suggested the problem was on my end, without mentioning checking from their end...come on!)

I'm really sorry for this issue, as I'm playing this game for 9 years and I know how frustrating is, not to be able to log in. Usually, when the support says that it is your end that causes this issue it is because they checked already if there is a game connection issue with your account. A few months ago, a Greek Player who is my friend for years and my ally, told me that he had a  loading issue. I guided him to check his end step by step, and he did, but he couldn't fix the problem. Then, I told him to give me his passwords even if it is forbidden by Plarium's rules to share passwords with another player, because as I said he is my friend for many years. Guess what? I could run his city  super fast. I told him to go to PC service and  ask them to check his PC  After 1 week, he told me that he is in his city and he can play as normal. So, yes, it was his end issue, even though he believed that it was Plarium's issue. That's why I'm asking the players to test if they can log in from another pc. If they can play, it is something wrong on their end, if not be able to play, then they have to contact the Support and insist that is their problem.

Aug 20, 2023, 13:4608/20/23
10/04/14

Already did Katia, but thanks for the suggestion. I had a friend of mine in another state go to plarium.com and download the launcher and try to install Sparta...they had the same problems. So as soon as i'm finished sending out my goodbyes to friends I done with this.

Hope you have a wonderful game experience for as long as possible.

Tant