Packs to expensive

Packs to expensive

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Comments
Sep 4, 2017, 11:1309/04/17
02/29/16

Badlag247 said:

There seems to be some confusion between "random" and "randomized" in this discussion.

Random would be if you could get anything, at any price, without correlation between packages and costs, and where past performance has no influence on future results. Just because you can't predict the next offer based upon the past offers does not mean past offers do not influence the future ones.

As noted: Past purchases do affect the price of future offers. For example: in 1 of their games, after 2 weeks without coining, offers start showing up with 95% discount. ($100 offers for $5). If this were truly random, it would not have been predictable, but it was predicted, and happened just when I was told that it would. It also was a pre-set package, not randomized content.

Another thing that might be of some confusion is the RNG. (Random Number Generator.)

There are basically 2 systems employed by RNGs, and any given RNG will use 1 or the other:

1) Number lists

2) Calculated random number

If the first case, which was the original way to do RNGs, there is a list of numbers. Each number in the list is accessed once, then the pointer is moved to the next number in the list. The list is very long, but if you reach the end of it, you restart at the beginning, and run through the list again. Thus "random" events can happen again and again in the same manner. Randomized, but not random.

In case 2, some system is used to seed the calculation, often this is pulled from checking time, then dropping anything larger than a second and using the fractional second of the time to multiply by a variable. Thus the fractional second will be a value between 0 and 1, but never 1. If you want to generate a number between 1 and 100, you multiply this fractional second by 100, then add 1.

Due to the reality of computing, this system isn't entirely random either. For example: in 1 game I was able to repeatedly get an unusual event to occur by timing 2 keyboard entries. While the event was supposed to happen less than 1% of the time, I could get it to happen over 25%. Thus one key element to this randomization being effective is that the user not know when the randomization is occurring so that they can not influence the results.

Rule of thumb then is as follows: If it is happening on a computer, it is randomized, but not random.

As to the OP: the issue was not the content of the package, but the price of the package, and the developers have already stated in several places that they do track your usage and make offers based upon your usage. This is the opposite of random: it is catering to the user. (Or as some have suggested: targeting them with tailored marketing.)

The solution would be for the company to consistently offer packages of the same size as the customer typically buys, and offer a slightly better deal if they choose to upgrade. The work around for the customer currently is to wait until the prices fall back to "acceptable" levels. I put that in quotes because acceptable is a subjective thing which varies by user.

There is also the option to forgo the packs and simply buy diamonds at the price you choose, but you will likely get a lot less "bang for the buck" by going that route.

Basic price depends on the basic amount of Diamonds. Bonuses added are random (well, not completely random, but random within a certain range). So basically you buy the 99$ regular offer (16500+4200) and get some extra bonuses for your purchase. Sometimes you receive more, sometimes less.

It's an absolutely fair system as for me.

Sep 4, 2017, 15:2709/04/17

The company provides products that you are free to choose if you buy them or not. 

This is absolutely a fair system.

Sep 11, 2017, 23:5909/11/17
03/25/15
myself said:

Ah! i see. Smart people do not fight for fair.

Sorry Commander...Could you please clarify your statement for me..I do not understand what you are trying to say Sir
Nov 30, 2017, 08:3511/30/17
05/20/17
It is true the packs are more expensive as you level up higher. Last two weeks I only see packs offered at EUR 45 or 99. What happened to.the lower cost packs? Please give active players more choices of price range.
Dec 1, 2017, 00:3112/01/17
03/25/15
mikemaniac said:

It is true the packs are more expensive as you level up higher. Last two weeks I only see packs offered at EUR 45 or 99. What happened to.the lower cost packs? Please give active players more choices of price range.
Commander..That is not true..I am a level 87 and occassnoally get package deals for 9.99..Deals are generated at random..but I have seen that if you do not buy for a whiile a great deal will pop up 
Dec 6, 2017, 02:4812/06/17
05/20/17
To keep ahead in game, we buy packs often. I have not seen a low cost pack in awhile since I started buying EUR 99.00 packs. Now only on offer are all expensive packs, how this be random???
Dec 6, 2017, 13:0912/06/17
02/29/16

mikemaniac said:

To keep ahead in game, we buy packs often. I have not seen a low cost pack in awhile since I started buying EUR 99.00 packs. Now only on offer are all expensive packs, how this be random???

Hello, Sir! 

AS Alyona said before, Special Offers appear according to a set algorithm which is constantly evolving. Unfortunately, we cannot predict which offers you'll have in the future, but, still, if you feel that your current offers aren't so good as you wish, then just wait a bit and you'll have a better one very soon.

Dec 15, 2017, 17:4212/15/17
01/28/17

Dec 15, 2017, 17:4412/15/17
Dec 15, 2017, 17:56(edited)
01/28/17

I recently had my computer crash on me, I took it to the repair shop to have windows 10 put back into it. That took a week to do so. I do not play much of this game once in the mornings and maybe 2 or three times in the evening. Just build my base up and my troops up . Like they suggest you to  do. I make sure that all of my acquired arms are bunkered, I do not want to shell out more monies to replace them. When I received my computer back from the shop I went online and found that all of my F-32's were destroyed , replacement of those alone are 15000 diamonds. I informed Plarium of this , and they told me to go and pound sand up my but . That is not the bad part though , get this and this is a true statement believe me. I joined a large combine,before my computer problems. I was on line with the ceo of that combine in my mail, I asked him what I was suppose to send to the HQ, and the MC's, he sent me a link  to see what to send there. Well that link was not compatible with windows 10 and that is why my computer crashed in the first place. It ended up costing me $150.00, Plus my computer is my lively hood, it was down for a week , had to cost me over a thousand dollars because this is the only computer I have. They have since repaired it to accept windows 10, I believe because now I can copy the links. I do not know why I still play this game . I feel that Plarium brought down my bunker , maybe because they wanted another large base to farm ,and for someone to get a large amount of PVP's  unhappy in the USA  : game-discussion/?post=57525

Dec 17, 2017, 16:1812/17/17
05/01/14
I have an issue I would like to voice about. I have 4 engineer's, and 10 tactical missiles. I recently spent $60 on 3 $20 packages that included 4 missiles each, but because I had 10 already I did not receive those extra 12 missiles, because the game only allows 10, just like the packages that include an engineer, we dont receive those items because we already have 4 and cant have any more. WHY, are those items not replaced with diamonds? If I buy something, I want what I pay for. if a missile costs 500 diamonds, and the 4th engineer costs 4,000 diamonds, why are we not receiving the amount of diamonds that those items cost? according to my calculations I should have received 6,000 extra diamonds because I did NOT get those missiles because I already have 10. Why are we getting jipped on items we pay for, and not getting them, and they're not being replaced with the diamonds they cost? Its bad enough that $20 packages dont come around very often, yet when we get one, we dont get all the items, or diamonds that we should get if we spend money on this game?
Dec 18, 2017, 00:4012/18/17
03/25/15
Commander..There are certain items that you can only possess a set number of and some are offered as part of "package deals"..However a good practice would be to check your Black Market for these limited item before you purchase ..There are so many different Reward packages that are offered at random..Its designed tp appeal to as many players as possible..So if you are offered items that are "limited"and you hace those in your Black Market.. it may be better to let that deal pass