All Categories

Patch Notes (03.04.23) Update 7.00

Patch Notes (03.04.23) Update 7.00

We are testing our brand new Live Arena PvP mode, as well as implementing Champion balance changes and some other updates and fixes. Let’s dive into everything coming to Raid with version 7.00.0:

Live Arena Beta Test

Live Arena is a PvP mode that unlocks at Level 50 and allows players to fight against each other in real-time, 4v4 Champion battles.

Here are some reasons why you’ll want to test your mettle in Live Arena:

- To prove your superior skills and strategies against other players, in real-time.

- To win Live Arena Crests so you can unlock powerful Area Bonuses at the Great Hall.

- To earn Live Arena Chests that feature valuable rewards.

Before rolling out Live Arena to everyone, we’ll be checking the server load via a beta test with a select number of players, picked from those who are most active in Classic Arena. Once this beta test is finished, the doors of Live Arena will be thrown open to everyone. For those who took part in the beta test, your progress will be reset when the feature goes live for everyone, but you’ll keep the rewards you earned so far.

Live Arena will open several times a day on a set schedule. During the beta test, the schedule will be the following:

Monday, April 3:

10:00 UTC - 12:00 UTC

14:00 UTC - 16:00 UTC

Tuesday, April 4:

07:00 UTC - 09:00 UTC

10:00 UTC - 12:00 UTC

20:00 UTC - 22:00 UTC

Wednesday, April 5:

00:00 UTC - 02:00 UTC

06:00 UTC - 08:00 UTC

Thursday, April 6:

Friday, April 7:

We’ll have a dedicated News post to inform everyone when Live Arena becomes available for all players, so keep an eye out for that!

New Champion

Among the Live Arena Rewards, there will be Fragments of a new Legendary Void Champion - Quintus the Triumphant.

Quintus the Triumphant

Rarity: Legendary

Type: ATK

Affinity: Void

Faction: Banner Lords

Please note that this Champion will be excluded from all Shards and only available from Live Arena.

Great Hall Expansion

The Great Hall is now divided into two tabs - Affinity Bonuses and Area Bonuses. The Affinity Bonuses tab is where you can see all the bonuses you may have previously unlocked with Arena Medals. The Area Bonuses tab will contain new bonuses for Champions when fighting in specific locations, and are unlocked using Live Arena Crests. This new expansion to the Great Hall will be available when Live Arena is open to all players.

New loading screen

To commemorate the arrival of Live Arena in RAID, we’ve updated the loading screen to be Live Arena-themed. Can you recognize all the Champions in this titanic clash?

New Champion Tags

We have added two new Champion Tags - Arena Build I and Arena Build II, so it’s easier for you to find the Champions you need for Arena battles.

New Filter in the Team Selection Interface

Now you can filter Champions by Tags in the Team Selection interface in all locations except Faction Crypts and Doom Tower Secret Rooms. If this filter is active, the Champions who have any Tags applied will be displayed at the beginning of the Champion list. If there are no Champions with Tags, the filter will be disabled.

Champion Rebalance

Suzerain Katonn

[Skill 2 – Hex of Years]

- Skill changed.

Old version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 50% chance of placing a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns. Places a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff for 2 turns if a [Weaken] debuff is not placed.

New version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 70% chance of placing a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns. Also has a 45% chance of placing a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff for 2 turns.

- Damage multiplier increased.

[Skill 3 – Banish From Time]

[Ascended skill 3 - Banish From Time]

Elegaius

[Skill 2 – Dead Stop]

- Skill changed.

Old version: Attacks 1 enemy. Puts the target's skills on cooldown.

If the enemy team has any duplicates of the target Champion, will also put all their skills on cooldown.

New version: Attacks 1 enemy. Puts the target's skills on cooldown. Also places a [Block Buffs] debuff for 2 turns.

If the enemy team has any duplicates of the target Champion, will also put all their skills on cooldown and place a [Block Buffs] debuff on them for 2 turns.

[Skill 3 – Ghost Rage]

- Skill changed.

Old version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of removing 2 random buffs. Has a 75% chance of decreasing all enemies' Turn Meters by 20%. Decreases enemy Turn Meters by a further 0.2% for every 1% of HP this Champion loses.

New version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of removing 2 random buffs. Also has a 75% chance of decreasing all enemies' Turn Meters by 20%. Decreases enemy Turn Meters by a further 10% for each removed buff.

[Skill 4 - Spurned by Death [P]]

- Skill changed: Now heals this Champion by 30% of their MAX HP instead of 10%. Also, now fills this Champion’s Turn Meter by 30% instead of 20%.

- Aura added: Now Increases Ally ACC in all Battles by 60.

Ailil

[Skill 2 – Pierce the Carapace]

- Skill changed

Old version: Attacks 1 enemy. Will ignore [Strengthen], [Increase DEF], and [Ally Protection] buffs, as well as damage reduction granted by [Stone Skin] buffs.

If this attack kills an enemy, fully heals this Champion and places a [Stone Skin] buff on them for 1 turn.

New version: Attacks 1 enemy. Will ignore [Strengthen], [Stone Skin], [Increase DEF], and [Ally Protection] buffs.

If this attack kills an enemy, fully heals this Champion and places a [Stone Skin] buff on them for 1 turn.

Other improvements and battle fixes

1. The number of your available Arena Tokens and Keys is now displayed in the Bastion, Game Modes window, Shop, and Inbox.
  2. Fixed game freezing and crashes caused by certain visual effects in the Sand Devil’s Necropolis.
  3. Fixed an error that occurred when Michinaki’s Courser of Curses skill caused him to join in with an attack from Akemtum.
  4. Fixed a bug that caused the Hydra’s Almighty Decay skill not to destroy enemies’ MAX HP up to 75%.
  5. Fixed a bug where excessive RAM usage caused game crashes in both Multi-Battle mode and in battles with Bosses.
  6. Fixed a bug that caused the Close Window buttons to not work on Plarium Play.
  7. Fixed a bug that caused players to be unable to claim Souls from the Inbox if they had maxed out their Soul Collection capacity.
  8. Fixed a visual bug that caused the list of places where Soul Coins and Soul Essence can be acquired to not be displayed.
  9. Fixed a visual bug that caused the list of places where Ancient Shards can be acquired to not be displayed.

That’s everything we’ve got for you!

Views
Comments
Apr 3, 2023, 10:4504/03/23
Apr 3, 2023, 19:3204/03/23
01/02/20
Trips

Did hydra get intentionally fubar'd with the patch.... hope this is not 

Yup, looks like "intentional" is the right word. 

One of their Improvements and Battle Fixes (#4 Fixed a bug that caused the Hydra’s Almighty Decay skill not to destroy enemies’ MAX HP up to 75%.) took away Nekmo, RG, Husk, etc as usable champs.

This video from HH Gaming explains it. Hope they fix their fix.

REVERT THIS "BUGFIX" IMMEDIATELY PLARIUM!! | Raid: Shadow Legends - YouTube 

Apr 3, 2023, 19:4304/03/23
03/19/21

Once again, you overshadow strong new content, with a horrible change. Hydra change has taken over excitement for live arena. You roll the patch out on the day before hydra resets so people don't even have time to consider changes!?!? You adjust difficulty of hydra to make more manageable but then come back now and give hydra a strong buff that makes certain champs useless with no heads up?? You buff a champion like Teela but then buff Decay (any bug fix this late after launch is a buff) to make her useless? Watch the HH Gaming video others referenced if you don't understand the extent of the problem you created. Anyone in our clan who hadn't used all their keys are furious today. 

Apr 3, 2023, 20:5004/03/23
06/08/22

This live arena "stuff" should be completely separate. I have no interest in that "mode" and to the extent the rewards to live area "players" make me uncompetitive - I would need to rage quit and spend my $$ and time elsewhere.

I await your thoughts but am concerned the meta is now leaving me.

Apr 3, 2023, 20:5204/03/23
06/08/22
DNF the Animal

This live arena "stuff" should be completely separate. I have no interest in that "mode" and to the extent the rewards to live area "players" make me uncompetitive - I would need to rage quit and spend my $$ and time elsewhere.

I await your thoughts but am concerned the meta is now leaving me.

AND PS whoever decided i would be a good beta test pilot just doesnt care to understand

Apr 3, 2023, 21:4304/03/23
07/21/21

So the pay-to-play-to-win game just turned into the pay-to-play beta-test game. Got it.

Apr 3, 2023, 23:0004/03/23
02/22/23

Looking good. Keep it up. 

Apr 3, 2023, 23:0204/03/23
12/20/22

Hello 

Apr 3, 2023, 23:3204/03/23
12/17/21

I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on this game in the last year and a half, and I'm furious about the hydra "bug fix". You had the audacity to put a summon rush out for a god tier hydra champ knowing you were going to make the part of the game he excels at unplayable minutes after his summon event ended? Disgusting. This is worse than the variety pack scam you pulled three days ago, and that was the worst I'd seen to date. You've lost my spending until it's fixed!

Apr 4, 2023, 00:1604/04/23
Apr 4, 2023, 00:18(edited)
03/29/20

4. Fixed a bug that caused the Hydra’s Almighty Decay skill not to destroy enemies’ MAX HP up to 75%. 

How can you justify this FIX?

This "so called bug" has been this way since the RELEASE of HYDRA..!

Hydra was a VERY difficult part of the game to begin with, then you nerfed some aspects and put it in the "hard", but attainable category.

With this change, you have essensialy "nerfed" MANY champions, some of which I have ONLY built because they worked well in Hydra. (for 18 months)

Some champions that you recently buffed (Teela Goremane) sure seemed like you buffed her to make her usable in Hydra? Now the change you made to HYDRA make her almost useless.

Please explain how this is GOOD change for your game?

Apr 4, 2023, 00:2804/04/23
03/29/20
specialk666

I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on this game in the last year and a half, and I'm furious about the hydra "bug fix". You had the audacity to put a summon rush out for a god tier hydra champ knowing you were going to make the part of the game he excels at unplayable minutes after his summon event ended? Disgusting. This is worse than the variety pack scam you pulled three days ago, and that was the worst I'd seen to date. You've lost my spending until it's fixed!

WOW...I didn't even see the "tie-in" with the Michinaki guaranteed Summon Event.  I went for it as well, and now, they have buffed Hydra.  And, YES, as @Cortavius said earlier, and so called bug fix after this long is NOT A FIX, it is a BUFF.

I see my days as a Raid player getting shorter and shorter and it sucks because I do love this game.  Please Plarium, tell me this is NOT just a MONEY GRAB for Blessings...another part of the game that you have totally dropped the ball on.

Apr 4, 2023, 05:1904/04/23
09/24/22

You knew about the bug for about 1 year and 4 months, then strung players and offered champions to beat the content, build them, spend resources on them, and then hit them with a "bug" fix. 

Sadly, we probably have not seen the ceiling regarding your despicable, deplorable, and predatory behavior. 

Apr 4, 2023, 07:3404/04/23
12/07/16

"Fixed a bug that caused the Hydra’s Almighty Decay skill not to destroy enemies’ MAX HP up to 75%. "

Roll this BS back. You done gone and broke all of our hydra teams that we paid real money on. 

Apr 4, 2023, 07:5904/04/23
04/02/23

Nice

Apr 4, 2023, 08:0104/04/23
01/11/20

Wow have you guys screwed up good this time.

1: Hydra 'bug fix' - yeah, others already pointed out the issue, as have CC's, to say nothing of the even more massive PR issue that is recent events for hydra champs right before pulling this. 

2: 'Live' Arena times - I'm on the US East Coast, and keep in mind the only reason I'm awake at the moment is I'm sick and just had a violent coughing spell that woke me up. Todays start times for US East are 3am, 6am, 10am, and 4pm - most people are respectively asleep, just getting up for work/school, at work/school, and are at school activites/work and through the end of that time, likely on thier way home and making/eating dinner. And none of the other times are exactly better, nor are any mainland US timezones any better (maybe Alaska and Hawaii have half a shot). So uh - I guess thanks for the giant middle finger to everyone in the America's on that timing?

3: Great hall, Content, Arena - Straight up, Arena is some of the worst, most frustrating, and frankly boring content in the game because either you have idiotic high speeds and stats, or ridiculous comps that can make a DEF strategy work - or you lose. I started playing right before the pandemic started so like what 4 years now? My great hall is still not done, because I've had to play through several arena breaks, because even if I get through 25 per day when I manage to hold Gold IV/V without gettign randomly kicked down a tier or two and have to fight back up - I only win so many because even with a 300 speed Arbiter, before speed lead, I end up smoked in fights by teams that somehow leave me in the dust with no speed lead, sometimes not even a booster, that go first with speed levels I didn't know even existed. And now, you clearly wanna balance content off the newest addition to the great hall. Where hey - the times are screwed for a lot of people so they can't really even try and participate to earn toward it. Look, you wanna add lets say fragments for past fragment fusions, the various chest drops that exist, whatever as a means to entice players to actually play PvP  - go ahead. Seperate the Great Hall entirely from it and sure as hell don't make content designed aound people having anything in the great hall. If people want to do PvP fine - but stop trying to force it on people by making PvE content dependent on it, especially cause of it's tendency to break or become a problem. And frankly - your PvE content is better and more interesting when you don't screw things up or overthink them.

Between this, the change to event scoring with the addition of Mythical artifacts (unless I missed that being rectified to the old scores and Mythical is now more points than Legendary was before their addition), and really a lot of within teh time frame of, and related to, teh whole 4th anniversary thing - this has been pretty damn bad. The last couple months has felt like the game is being run by and/or designed by greedy amateurs. And you've shown in the past your better than that nonsense. Now, you wanna keep this current track - go ahead, your gonna run the game in to the ground like I've seen others do, some to actual graves, some still barely sucking in breath (usually supported by a companies other projects). Otherwise - pull your head out, listen to the community (and maybe start rolling out some easy events to get champions - and I mena a noob with almost no resources and money can do them easy or straight up 7 day login ones to try and buyback some goodwill), and stop with this stupid amateur hour crap. 

Apr 4, 2023, 08:4604/04/23
12/24/20

It is bad as it is, that only a selected few can access the live arena. My secondary account which I hardly play has access and my main not. 

That about the people who play a lot in the Arena gets access. 

But the Hydra "bugfix" is absolut nonsens. Once again it was not properly tested. Liki most of the Times Plarium implements something. 

Miracle heal cannot help you there. 

Hydra is difficult as it is.

Teela Goremane just got a nerf to be a good Hydra Champ - now useless

Nekmo Thar was even a guaranteed Champ - now useless

I could go on and on.

Plaesa whatch the videos from Nub Raids and HH Gaming on this Topic. They explain it in torough detail.

Apr 4, 2023, 10:5604/04/23
12/24/20

Just read it on Discord (Farbstoff)

Plarium News

Hi everyone! We would like to address the recent Hydra changes.
The fix in the 7.0.0 update corrected a long-standing bug, in which "Almighty Decay [P]" destroyed the incorrect % of HP. The formula was fixed and now the Passive works as initially intended.
However, seeing how this change has negatively impacted the already established team compositions and Hydra-dedicated healing Сhampions, we made a decision to roll back this fix and update the description of "Almighty Decay [P]" so it can accurately represent a Passive's mechanic.
These changes will be implemented in the nearest future, and we will notify you once we have more details. 

Apr 4, 2023, 15:2204/04/23
07/26/20

Привет д дру.

Apr 4, 2023, 23:2604/04/23
06/07/22

Why i dont have live arena? And i cant download 7.0.0 

i

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 5, 2023, 03:2304/05/23
12/30/20
~ AxeLorD ~

Why i dont have live arena? And i cant download 7.0.0 

i

Beta right now, so limited invites. 

As for why you can't download the game: it could be a myriad of issues, including updating your NET framework to 6.0.14, which others in this thread: https://plarium.com/forum/en/comment/topic_1639800/ ran into as a problem. 

Apr 7, 2023, 06:4304/07/23
12/07/16

thanks for fixing the hydra issue. :)