All Categories

Patch Notes (07.07.22) Update 5.70

Patch Notes (07.07.22) Update 5.70

Vault overhaul, new Hex debuff mechanics, and more!

This update brings new ways to store your Champions, a new Champion Skin, changes to the [Hex] debuff, some Champion balance changes, bug fixes, and more.

Master Vault & Reserve Vault

We’ve added more space to store your Champions and have divided the Vault into two distinct sections.

The Master Vault is where you keep Champions that you use often, but that you don't need to keep right there in your Collection. Champions in the Master Vault get to keep their Gear equipped, so they're ready to head into battle at any time.

The Reserve Vault is where you can keep Champions that you don’t actively use in Battle, and therefore don’t need to stay fully equipped. To put a Champion in the Reserve Vault, you’ll need to remove all their Artifacts and Accessories.

[Hex] debuff update

Combined with the skills of some of Raid’s best Champions, the [Hex] was already good - but it’s now even better. Instead of being a simple marker or catalyst for other effects, without its own inherent effect, it now has exactly that. 

From now on, Champions under [Hex] debuffs take damage whenever their allies do. They’ll take 2% of all AoE damage inflicted on their allies, and 10% of single-target damage inflicted on their allies. This damage ignores defense, so it can make a big difference. The original targets all take full damage, so no reductions or benefits on their side.

Champions under [Hex] debuffs only take extra damage from direct attacks on their allies, not from other effects or sources of damage (like buffs or debuffs). For example, Champions under [Hex] debuffs won’t take extra damage when their allies take damage from [Poison], [HP Burn], [Bomb] debuffs, [Reflect Damage] buffs, etc.

And before you panic, we know - this [Hex] change would make the Minotaur and Kuldath the Magma Dragon much stronger, maybe too strong - but don't worry, we've changed their damage multipliers accordingly to balance it out.

New Champion Skin

We’re bringing out a new Skin that will transform the appearance of another of Raid’s most historic Champions - Kael.

Iconic Skin - Scarlet Masquerade.

The Skin will be available in-game in the near future - so keep an eye out for Events, Tournaments, and Special Offers.

But, if you want to see what the Skin looks like right now, just head to the Champion Index, find Kael, and take a look!

Advanced Quest reward change

We have changed the reward for the “Use 1 Hydra Key” Quest – now it’s 5 Silver Keys for the Doom Tower instead of 10 Gems.

Champion rebalance

Lord Shazar

[Skill 3 – Cruel Fate]

- Bomb damage multiplier increased.

Venus

[Skill 3 – Burning Passion]

- Effect changed: The chance of placing a [HP Burn] debuff has been increased from 50% to 75%.

Lugan the Steadfast

[Skill 2 – Bodyguard]

- Cooldown decreased from 4 to 3 turns. 

[Skill 3 – Mark of Silence]

- Effect changed: The damage is now based on HP (was on ATK). 

Konstantin

[Skill 4 – Exalted [P]]

- Skill changed.

New version: Enemies from the Undead Horde, Demonspawn, and Knights Revenant Factions killed by this Champion cannot be revived.

[All enemies killed by this Champion cannot be revived when Vlad the Nightborn is on the same team.]

Old version: Enemies from the Undead Horde, Demonspawn, and Knights Revenant Factions killed by this Champion cannot be revived.

[Only available when Vlad the Nightborn is on the same team.]

Cupidus

[Skill 2 – Flames of Passion]

- Skill changed. New version: Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of placing a [HP Burn] debuff for 2 turns.

Old version: Attacks 3 times at random. Each hit has a 50% chance of placing a [HP Burn] debuff for 2 turns.

- Damage multiplier increased.

[Skill 5 – Punishing Partner [P]]

- Skill changed.

New version: Attacks inflict 25% more damage.

Always counterattacks when attacked.

[Only available when Venus is on the same team.]

Old version: Attacks inflict 25% more damage to targets under debuffs.

[Only available when Venus is on the same team.]

Jingwon

[Skill 1 – Doom Exchange]

- Skill changed.

New version: Attacks 1 enemy. Transfers all debuffs from this Champion to the target.

Old version: Attacks 1 enemy. Transfers a random debuff from this Champion to the target.

[Skill 2 – Compound Calamity]

- Skill changed.

New version: Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 75% chance of increasing the duration of all debuffs on the target by 1 turn. Also places a [Block Active Skills] debuff for 3 turns if the target is under a [Decrease ACC] debuff or [Decrease C. DMG] debuff.

Old version: Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 75% chance of increasing the duration of 2 random debuffs on the target by 1 turn. Also places a [Block Active skills] debuff for 1 turn if the target is under a [Decrease ACC] debuff or [Decrease C. DMG] debuff.

[Skill 4 – Unchained [P]]

- Skill changed.

New version: [Passive Effect]

This Champion is immune to [Fear], [True Fear], [Freeze], [Provoke], [Sleep], [Stun], and [Petrification] debuffs.

[Active Effect]

At the end of each enemy or ally turn, removes all [Fear], [True Fear], [Freeze], [Provoke], [Sleep], [Stun], and [Petrification] debuffs from all allies and places a [Block Debuffs] buff for 1 turn on allies who have debuffs removed.

Old version: Immune to [Fear], [True Fear], [Freeze], [Provoke], [Sleep], [Stun], and [Petrification] debuffs.

Whenever a [Fear], [True Fear], [Freeze], [Provoke], [Sleep], [Stun], or [Petrification] debuff is placed on an ally, removes it and places a [Block Debuffs] buff on that ally for 2 turns.

Other fixes

1. Hound-Spawn’s Shattering Strike skill now ignores [Block Damage] buffs as intended if the target is under a [Freeze] debuff and Hellfang is on the same team.
  2. Fixed a bug that caused results in the Battle Log to be displayed incorrectly in Tag Arena.
  3. Fixed a bug that caused the damage inflicted by buffs or debuffs to be affected by damage increases from skill upgrades of the skills that placed the debuffs. 
  4. Fixed an error that showed when claiming rewards for the CvC Tournament.
  5. Fixed a bug that caused the progress in Clan Achievements not to count if the “Earn Champion XP” Achievement was at the maximum level.
  6. Fixed a bug that caused the text in the “Artifacts Crafted” window in the Forge to be displayed incorrectly in German and Spanish.
  7. A “Champion not included” disclaimer has been added to offers containing Champion Skins.

That’s everything we’ve got for you! Don’t forget to let us know what you think of these changes in the comments section below.

Views
Comments
Jul 7, 2022, 11:3607/07/22
Jul 7, 2022, 11:4507/07/22
01/01/20

The new vault space is amazing, thank you!

If I can drop a suggestion on other QoL improvements, make it so in the Sparring Pit, champions that are max level don't show up.

Jul 7, 2022, 11:5207/07/22
10/13/19

@VioletMoonAva That is an excellent idea! I would love it if max champions did not appear when selecting champions to go into the sparring pit. 

Overall, I am crazy happy about the new vault. I needed the space.

Jul 7, 2022, 12:0207/07/22
09/14/19

The second Faction Guardians became a thing, a separate and distinct vault was needed. So, glad this has happened. Still angry about all the dupes exchanged for skills across the previous 2.5yrs though. ;) Could've had several Legendaries fully upgraded &/or boosting stats as guardians, all gone for books...

Jul 7, 2022, 12:1707/07/22
02/27/22

@VioletMoonAva Speaking of the sparring pit, it would be nice if you could upgrade them past level 3 to earn a substantial amount of xp, or remove the need to click level up each time so you can run it overnight. 

Jul 7, 2022, 12:5407/07/22
09/08/21

Voids legos rebalanced please, got crutraxa and she has been almost the worse for now, the worse lego in her faction now, and even some non void epics are better then her, even marquess rare deals more damage in an whole team then she does to a single 1 or 2 champs.

My sugestion, had another debuff to the A2, like hp burn after all she's from inferno, or defense down or remove bufs with high chance steal all buff, and at least in 1 or 2x aoe, a1 7,5% turn meter redu, an epic does better in 3 random at 25% and also has 2x aoe and is not void. 

Saito A3 redu turn metter 25% the first hit than reduces 25% less the aoe hits or the A1 7.5% each hit

Jul 7, 2022, 13:0707/07/22
Jul 7, 2022, 13:17(edited)
10/01/19

Great, so now I will have to pay to strip my champions to put them into the reserve vault.  Another way to get us to spend I guess.

Jul 7, 2022, 13:1707/07/22
09/15/19

Champions in the Master Vault can be equiped with gear? or you must put them in collection in order to change their gear?

It would be great if you can do the same things for Master Vault as for Collection :equip/remove gear/upgrade gear direct from Master Vault.

Jul 7, 2022, 13:2107/07/22
09/15/19

the game doesnt start,i get Launch error

Jul 7, 2022, 13:2107/07/22
01/04/20
[777] Darknor

the game doesnt start,i get Launch error

What are you trying to play on? Device make and model, operating system etc. 

Jul 7, 2022, 13:2707/07/22
Jul 7, 2022, 13:30(edited)
09/15/19

Raid on pc windows 10

i

Jul 7, 2022, 13:3107/07/22
09/15/19

i dont have venus but i have cupidus and i want to see his new kit soooo badly :)

Jul 7, 2022, 13:4307/07/22
Jul 7, 2022, 13:46(edited)
01/04/20
[777] Darknor

Raid on pc windows 10

i

Thanks, I'll pass it on. In the mean time, can you try these trouble shooting steps as well? 

- Go to Settings > Update > and select Reset Cache
- Uninstall the Plarium Play application, manually delete the remaining folders if they exist, then restart the PC and re-install
Folders to delete:
  C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Plarium
  and
  C:\Users\user\AppData\LocalLow\Plarium
- Look into your Running Processes in the Task Manager and see if there are any duplicate processes of Plarium Play running. If they are, kill all of them and try to re-launch the application
- Make sure you have the following version of Visual C++ installed: https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date by checking at the official website of your graphics card manufacturer
- Switch from Unlimited FPS to 30/60FPS

If you're having an issue please grab the log files you can find here BEFORE RESTARTING as this will nullify the log:
PlariumPlay\StandAloneApps\raid\log.txt
And submit a support ticket with those logs.

Jul 7, 2022, 14:1307/07/22
10/13/20

The game would not launch after updating and signing back in.

Jul 7, 2022, 14:1407/07/22
11/16/19

What's happened to champions in the old vault?

Jul 7, 2022, 14:1507/07/22
01/04/20
Luckwolf

The game would not launch after updating and signing back in.

What device are you trying to play on? 

Jul 7, 2022, 14:1607/07/22
01/04/20
George

What's happened to champions in the old vault?

Mine are all in the master vault. 

Jul 7, 2022, 14:2007/07/22
09/15/19

now the game works many thanks Harbby

i installed c++ version 14.29 i had 14.28something,installed the last graphic card driver and deleted and reinstalled the game and now all good.

Thank you again!

Jul 7, 2022, 14:2307/07/22
01/04/20
[777] Darknor

now the game works many thanks Harbby

i installed c++ version 14.29 i had 14.28something,installed the last graphic card driver and deleted and reinstalled the game and now all good.

Thank you again!

Awesome, glad it worked! 

Jul 7, 2022, 14:2407/07/22
09/15/19

i made a support ticket ,now how i tell them that the problem its solved?

Jul 7, 2022, 17:0607/07/22
12/04/21

Love the new vault space!  Two more requests:

1) Increase Artifact storage space, too.  The number of champions has probably doubled since you set the storage limit to 1,600.  Please double storage limit.

2) For PC users, please add an option to enlarge the print on Tournament and Event pages.  I'm using a 32-inch, 4K monitor, and can still barely see the print.