All Categories

Patch Notes (05.02.21) Update 3.21

Patch Notes (05.02.21) Update 3.21

Since the release of the Doom Tower, we've been looking for ways we need to improve or tweak it. While we're still working on the next full rotation, we have made a few changes to the current Doom Tower Bosses to help make them a little less easy to beat with gimmicks and a little more strategy-oriented.

Here's what you need to know:

- The Nether Spider will now always attack with her second skill, Brood Feast, at the beginning of the round.

- Three of the current Doom Tower Bosses – the Frost Spider, the Nether Spider, and the Magma Dragon – now all have a new passive skill. That skill is:

Almighty Strength: damage from skills that scale based on enemy MAX HP (including poison detonation abilities) cannot exceed 10% of the Boss' MAX HP when attacking the Boss.

- Two of the current Doom Tower Bosses – the Frost Spider and the Nether Spider – also have another new passive skill. Here's the skill:

Almighty Persistence: all Turn Meter reduction effects are decreased by 50% when used against the Boss.

That's everything! Go ahead and try out these changes for yourself in the new rotation of the Doom Tower. As always, please let us know what you think of these changes on our official forums or over on our Discord.

Good luck, and happy raiding!

Views
Comments
Feb 5, 2021, 12:3202/05/21
Feb 6, 2021, 16:0402/06/21
04/11/20

This  is  really  bad  in  devaluing  what  many  players  invested  in  the  last  2  months.  They  should  at  least  communicate  these  changes  well  in  advance,  and  they  should  have  left  the  normal  dt  alone.  I  changed  my  5  star  reviews  to  1  star,  maybe  if  enough  people  does  that  they  will  get  the  idea.

Feb 6, 2021, 17:2502/06/21
05/25/20

Those YT videos with:

WOW  600-700 k dmg on that champ or this champ!!!  

Easy DT  with cheap  champs!!!! 

Are responsible   for this move 

Next will be al dungeon boses, and so on  

Feb 6, 2021, 18:5902/06/21
09/10/20

Thank you for making the game worse and worse.

Now progression in doom tower is nearly impposible for most of the players.

The community is telling you for month that we need: possibility to farm books, we have an issue with silver, only a few "champions" in the game are good and they are nearly impossible to get.... It seems that you are really listeing to the community but doing the opposite of what they are asking for.

Also the "Arenas" (Classic as well a Tag Team) are broken for neary a year now - the only comment on bad revies is "we are looking into this topic"

Feb 6, 2021, 19:3502/06/21
08/03/17

So I waited a bit to post.  I have a couple thoughts and Im not sure if the Devs or decision makers will reply or not.

1.  Communication. If DT is meant to be end game content and is meant to be hard to completed by design be very clear about that. Say that the dev goals are that only x% of players will be able to complete. Say x% of players are doing this and our goals are to have x% reach this stage and x% that stage. It makes it more of a challenge than what is percieved as a swipe at players.

2. Changing bosses to make them harder but using phrases that minimize the thought and work (gimmicks specifically) put into the design of a team is a direct  insult to the players who have worked and theory crafted to make a working team. This IS strategy. It may not be the intended stragety of the devs, but it is strategy. Belitting the players you want to play your game is not helpful to the player base.

3. If you do have a strategy in mind that the player base is missing, give us a hint. Have a dev stream every week ot two. Hire a community manager that is incharge of interface betweein the Devs and the players who will help the player base see where the Devs are trying to lead us.

4. Money.  The goal of raid is to provide and interesting enough gmae that the company can afford staff and devs to further the game. This is good and needs to happen because if you dont make money we dont have a game to play. In the end having a good evaluation of the income model of several thousand $10 a month spendres versus a couple hundered $1000 a month spenders might be a good tool to shape direction.  after that see number one.

Feb 6, 2021, 22:1802/06/21
01/17/20

I am glad you made this change Plarium.  This greedy move will cost you. Mark my words!!  All the budget players who maybe spend like $50 a month...I bet they get smart real quick!  You moved the goal post twice now with DT to score some money...we see through you now!!  I'm never spending again

Feb 6, 2021, 23:5802/06/21
08/30/18

Looks like you have pissed off a lot of players and I for one applaud them. We spent a lot of time and money building Champs to beat shit and all you do is move the "Goal Post" on us. NOT COOL

Feb 7, 2021, 04:5802/07/21
Feb 7, 2021, 04:59(edited)
09/04/20

Sorry Plarium for only using 5-10$ pr month on this game, you have now blocked me in doom tower from 2nd boss and onwards where i could be fore go to 5th one before.

i

Feb 7, 2021, 07:0302/07/21
Feb 7, 2021, 07:22(edited)
06/23/20

I think it is incredible boring with all the turn meter manipulation. If you have lyssandra and alure, you win all boss figts as they never take a turn. Boooring. (And yes i'm envious as I dont have them) So one one hand I welcome the turn meter manipulation change. But why the other changes?

I'm 220 days in this game, and I managed to get to Normal 120 and Hard level 40. Which seems fair considering my roster and playtime. However I used Poisen bomber strategy to get by Nether boss, armiger and coldhearts to get by Magma and Duches and Vergis combo to slowgrind the pesky scarab king.

Now you taken those options away from 3 of the bosses, I struggled even on level 20 Normal!?

If the changes was acompanied with reduced difficulty of bosses I understand and aggree with the changes, but not as they are now. You simply removed my ability to climb the normal tower.

If you want to cater for the Youtuber whales by making it more difficult you should have ramped the difficulty of hard level 80-120. Like hockey stick ramping!

330 resist and 250 acc on bosses on final level of Hard!?!?! It should be in the 500-600 range!

So why hinder all normal ppl to progress because you yet again didnt balance the endgame difficulty correctly?????

I want my poisen bombers back, I want my Vergis hacking at the nasty scarab king for 40 minutes. Removing turn meter manipulation is fine If you lower the difficulty so its possible to complete with clenser and healers. But I got this feeling I'm gonna get stuck at normal level 40.

Going from level 120N+40H to level 40N is going to upset me and others. Do you understand we have invested time and resources to climb this tower, and with a tiny release note its all wasted and we have to start ower?

Do you understand why we are upset?  

Feb 7, 2021, 11:0902/07/21
02/07/21

a) Poorly-implemented changes with no prior warning / consultation with player base.

b) Lies in patch notes: "we have made a few changes to the current Doom Tower Bosses to help make them a little less easy to beat with gimmicks and a little more strategy-oriented."

c) Ultimate motive - spend more on sacred shards - completely obvious.

I'm no whale, I did contribute though. Not any more!

Feb 7, 2021, 14:5202/07/21
Feb 7, 2021, 15:00(edited)
09/01/20

Yall need to start writing negative reviews about Aristocat Leisure, the company that owns plarium and is publicly traded. Shit would get fixed real fast...but yall don't feel like you deserve better. So here we are. #closeyourwallet

Feb 8, 2021, 00:0602/08/21
01/03/21

I have tried again all weekend to progerss up DT and no matter what combination i use i cannot get past the 2nd secret room or the second boss so unless you make it easier to get the legendary characters to do this i feel you are going to loose a lot off players, here is an idea for you to concider what should you should of done was to have levels like you have in campain and clan boss and have champions as rewards which would allow you to progress on to the next level this would give incentives for players, to want to get better at the game and have a far better enjoyment i will not pay anymore money to play this game unless you sort out this problem

Feb 8, 2021, 13:5502/08/21
03/01/19

Ваше обновление роковой башни полное говно!!!!-теперь люди проходившие до 80 этажа обычку не могут 20 паука пройти!!!! гавнюки вы!!!! удачи вам!

GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Feb 9, 2021, 15:1002/09/21
04/06/20

Hi!

I am here to address the most talked about issues with the change. 

Great job, you made DT bosses a lot harder for those without the most hard to get legos by completely nullifying cheap heroes like alure and armiger.
Meanwhile you provided nothing else to replace them.

We are still working on the Doom Tower balance, catching bugs and potential problems. Right now, turn meter manipulation allowed to avoid the challenge of those bosses entirely while other tactics were disregarded as less officiant. We don’t want to prevent this mechanic altogether, like in the Dragons Lair, but having one particular champion on the team should not prevent bosses from taking any actions during the battle.

“We will change Doomtower, making the pool of viable Champions more varied.” 
Instead, you narrowed the range of champions that can be used, and as a result we have fewer viable champs to solve the task. 

This limitation lessens the impact of some champions on the bosses. As turn manipulation become, less viable option, the need for a more strategic approach to the boss will let more varied combinations shine. 

We understand the confusion behind that sentence and will do our best to be more specific in our statements.

Great change with scaling enemy hp based dmg skills. However other changes might be problematic :)

Glad that you liked the enemy hp based dmg skills change. We will keep monitoring changes, the balance of the Doom Tower and make appropriate changes. 

The only annoying thing about it all is that Plarium acts like they do us a favor with this...and fanbois like Jimbyy just act like we should all be greatful or leave.  While I agree that DT is kinda meant for the end game community...could have thrown the rest of us a bone and left Normal stage alone or something.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will forward it to the development team. It is a balance change to renew the intended challenge of the Doom Tower bosses. We are sorry if there were any confusion in the news.

Are we saying that now it basically caps poisons at 2  debuffs on the boss, or does it only limit the damage when you blow them up?
Zavia's Deadly Catalyst skill doesn't scale off enemy Max HP - so what's the deal?

Some ability's while not directly connected with enemy Max HP are interacting with mechanics that do. In this case, the skill's max damage is calculated from poison stacks, which scale off enemy Max HP. The Klan Boss has a similar passive skill for precisely the same reason.

Thank you for your immediate feedback. We will keep working on the balance of the Doom Tower. While the Tower is an end-game feature with a high difficulty, we will do our best to make the challenge fair and rewarding.

Have a good one

Feb 9, 2021, 15:4002/09/21
11/02/19

Update 3.21 😠👎

Feb 18, 2021, 17:4202/18/21
Feb 18, 2021, 17:43(edited)
02/24/19

Not more fun now, just frustrating...

Tried everything and every champ in the pool but no luck.

Revert the change and it will be more fun.

Youtubers have been very quiet, lately, no update on sucsess...

Feb 28, 2021, 20:0802/28/21
09/15/20

I thought a recent barbarian hero would help get me past level 20, but no, the game took away her tower power with their rewrite of the Tower. Now, she's essentially worthless. Good job. At least, I didn't spend anything building her.

Mar 31, 2021, 16:3903/31/21
02/24/19

Total disaster! Not possible to beat floor 90 hard. If you have beat it please let us know and also what composition.

May 12, 2021, 18:3305/12/21
05/05/21

as  a new player   thats not very encouraging im willing to throw  the dog a bone  every now an then ,but im not willing to play the slots at vegas  for the end game ,cutting people like me of at the knees is not a sound buisness decision imo.