All Categories

Update 3.10 Highlight

Update 3.10 Highlight

Hey, Raiders!

The Update Highlights this time will be short and sweet. 3.10 is a small release that focuses on Champion AI issues, but we felt it was important to give you a heads-up! Check out the list below to see what changes we have in store.

Champion AI

Zavia

Zavia will no longer use [Deadly Catalyst] against the Clan Boss in Auto Battle. Now you won’t need to worry about losing all your [Poison] debuffs too early.

Karam

For the same reasons, Karam will no longer use [Rot Away] against the Clan Boss in Auto Battle.

Elenaril

The same is true for Elenaril and her [Combust] skill.

Venus

Unlike the previous three, Venus had an issue of not using her [Burning Passion] skill when it was needed. As of Update 3.10, she will do so in Clan Boss Auto Battle unless the Clan Boss already has an active [HP Burn] debuff.

Rhazin Scarhide

Rhazin will no longer use [Bog Down] against the Clan Boss in Auto Battle.

Nethril

Nethril will no longer use [Ghastly Horrors] and [Bat Swarm] against the Clan Boss in Auto Battle. Instead, he will focus on racking up those [Poison] debuffs!

Foli

Foli will no longer use [Sealed Fate] against the Clan Boss in Auto Battle.

Aothar

Aothar will no longer use [Brand] against the Clan Boss in Auto Battle.

Drexthar Bloodtwin

Drexthar Bloodtwin will no longer use [Burning Lash] against the Clan Boss in Auto Battle. As the Clan Boss is immune to [Provoke] debuffs, players should be better off with Drexthar focusing on keeping the [HP Burn] up instead.

Elder Skarg

Elder Skarg will start using his [Hunt the Marked] skill against the Clan Boss in Auto Battle.

Fayne

Fayne will start using her [Flowing Style] skill against the Clan Boss in Auto Battle.

Robar

Robar will start using  his [Merciless Assault] skill in Auto Battle.

Crypt-King Graal

In Auto Battle, Crypt-King Graal will no longer use his [Elemental Unity] skill in on targets that are not under an [HP Burn] debuff.

Royal Huntsman

Royal Huntsman will start using his [Dead Aim] skill in Auto Battle correctly.

Trunda Giltmallet

Trunda will start using her [Cloak of Ages] skill in Auto Battle.

Spider

Spider will be more likely to use his [Glowing Mark] skill in Auto Battle whenever it’s not on cooldown.

Madame Serris

Madame Serris will be more likely to use her [Midnight Ritual] skill in Auto Battle whenever it’s not on cooldown.

Hakkorhn Smashlord

Hakkorhn Smashlord will use his [Blood Offering] skill in Auto Battle correctly.

Coldheart

Coldheart will no longer waste her [Heartseeker] skill on the Fire Knight if he has his shield up. Instead, she will rely on the [Flurry of Arrows] to help her team bring those stacks down fast!

Views
Comments
Dec 29, 2020, 12:1112/29/20
Dec 29, 2020, 15:2412/29/20
12/31/19

if you are making fayne better for the CB why dont change her AI against spider (a3 first), so ppl that dont have draco or venus can use her in auto

Dec 29, 2020, 15:5012/29/20
07/27/19

Instead of putting time into individual AI fixes, I hope you are working on a system to allow us to customize ability usage on auto. 

Dec 29, 2020, 16:0812/29/20
06/19/19

Great Job on most cases, but Aothar's and Foli's damage has got killed in Clan boss, I think I have to build my team from the top. 

Dec 29, 2020, 16:2612/29/20
06/13/20

Great news all round -- esp Aothar and Fayne on CB. 

One champ that really needs fixnig is Abbess.

She uses her A3 (big nuke) before her A2 (dec defence) in arena, even when her A3 has no hope of killing anyone, and refuses to use it at all on dungeon bosses, using her A1 instead, even though her A3 does 3-4x damage.

Dec 29, 2020, 16:3312/29/20
Dec 29, 2020, 16:38(edited)
10/03/19

Coldheart

Coldheart will no longer waste her [Heartseeker] skill on the Fire Knight if he has his shield up. Instead, she will rely on the [Flurry of Arrows] to help her team bring those stacks down fast! 

Is the same true for bog down???

Also Tyrant Ilxlimor doesn't use his Hellfire Torrent on Sorath once the spiders are dead.

Dec 29, 2020, 16:5212/29/20
07/17/19

Great to see Elenaril is finally slightly more useable on CB, but it seems like the primary issue with her AI remains untouched. Any word on whether the Combust AI could be updated to actually check for poisons? There's clearly some kind of logic as not all debuffs will cause her to use it so I imagine it must be possible. As it is now, she will use Combust whenever there is a Def Down on the target, regardless of whether any enemy has any poisons on them, thereby making her impressively useless much of the time.

Dec 29, 2020, 17:0312/29/20
12/01/19

PLEASE fix Rae and Skullcrown!!!!

I've been reporting it for MONTHS.

Rae - will use her A2 against enemies (PvE) that are critically low health, instead of her Default. This leaves her with less DPS going into the next round.

Skullcrown - will use her Default in Arena, while her A2 is on Cooldown, when enemies are low, but now low enough HP.

I have personally LOST Arena matches due to Skullcrown using her A1 in Auto. You have both of these backwards. Rae should be using her Default attack, and Skullcrown should be using her A2!

Dec 29, 2020, 17:1012/29/20
Dec 29, 2020, 17:45(edited)
08/26/19

All the AI changes seem super good. But additionally I want to mention a bug related to Crypt King Graal that I've reported several times in the past. Yet I haven't seen it addressed in any of the patches so far.

Graal's A3 is supposed to increase the present HP Burn duration to 3 turns; but if the CB has full 10 debuffs (including HP Burn), he won't increase the HP Burn count to 3. 

The reason behind this is that his skill doesn't work as intended. His A3 actually first tries to place a new HP Burn debuff for 3 turns & then replace the old HP Burn debuff with it. Since there are already 10 debuffs, the A3 is unable to place new 3 turn debuff & hence the increase never happens.

PS - This was observed & reported when I used to play with Graal. Now I've stopped using him since he's so bad.

It's a pity some champs are so poor & some are so overpowered (like Ma'Shalled. Way too OP. As if 2 turn TF with 2 turn CD was not enough, he is also provided with long heals, extreme damage and speed. I believe you guys do know we're forced to avoid him 98% of the time unless we face a badly built comp). I'm aware this ain't the thread for Champ Balance but just a suggestion for future champ balances in upcoming patch.

Dec 29, 2020, 17:2912/29/20
07/16/20

Love the Coldheart change! But I was also kinda hoping for also... "Coldheart will now use her A3 on the Spider before her A2 no matter HOW MANY spiderlings are up" ;)

Dec 29, 2020, 17:3512/29/20
08/26/19
xandergonefar

PLEASE fix Rae and Skullcrown!!!!

I've been reporting it for MONTHS.

Rae - will use her A2 against enemies (PvE) that are critically low health, instead of her Default. This leaves her with less DPS going into the next round.

Skullcrown - will use her Default in Arena, while her A2 is on Cooldown, when enemies are low, but now low enough HP.

I have personally LOST Arena matches due to Skullcrown using her A1 in Auto. You have both of these backwards. Rae should be using her Default attack, and Skullcrown should be using her A2!

Rae has very weird AI. Sometimes she just waits for -DEF debuff on the enemy & only after that she uses her A2. Other times she just doesn't use it at all regardless of the debuffs on enemy.Rae has very weird AI. Sometimes she just waits for -DEF debuff on the enemy & only after that she uses her A2. Other times she just doesn't use it at all regardless of the debuffs on enemy.

Mountain King too has very weird AI. If the enemy has UK buff & surviving on just 1 HP, Mountain King will use his A2 on that champ & waste it. Ideally he should use it on champion that does not have UK & is 1 shottable. Normally, when an enemy is 1 shottable, he'll use his A2 most of the time. But some other times he won't use his A2 and just use his A1 despite enemy's current HP.

If I'm not wrong, this behaviour of not using A2 is most observed against support champions. And attack champions are always attempted to be 1 shotted with A2.

Dec 29, 2020, 17:5712/29/20
05/09/20

In a future release, can we also stop Athel from dropping her a2 on clan boss? I'm assuming most players are like me and run her for the weaken debuff and 3-hit on her a1, so using her a2 on cb is a worse damage drop than Aothar's a3 which was fixed in this patch. 

I would even recommend preventing Athel's a2 any time there is only one enemy. It's great for waves, not so great on single targets--especially if she has her giant slayer mastery.

Dec 29, 2020, 18:2312/29/20
10/09/19

Great job !

Sad to not see Warlord in the list.

Dec 29, 2020, 18:3312/29/20
Dec 29, 2020, 18:34(edited)
01/04/20

Athel needs to stop clearing all her buffs by using her A3 (then the extra turn) especially if she already has an increase attack 

Dec 29, 2020, 18:3912/29/20
05/30/19
Chris H

THIS. He should have been fixed a year ago. Having to manual keys sucks

+1 

Fix Sir Nic please.Having to manual his abilities makes him worthless on clan boss.

Dec 29, 2020, 19:5812/29/20
11/04/20
Rufus Shinra

Rhazin is a much more common champion being accessible to everyone as an unlimited fusion. Hopefully Warlord will get his turn someday. 

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. I'm too new to have Rhazin but I'm working on it. I'm hopeful that maybe Warlord didn't get his turn this time too because a lot of people seem to think there needs to be some A2/A3 prioritization work done so maybe his fix wasn't as simple.

Dec 29, 2020, 20:2712/29/20
01/19/20

Nice improvement but I don't see a word about "Lanakis the Chosen" ("Lanakis l'Elu" in french), she always use her a2 (focus attack with allies) against enemy with Block Damage (like crimson helm in Dragon dungeon 15) while another enemies still alive ...

Dec 29, 2020, 22:0212/29/20
12/29/20

beleza agora nao parem o bom trabalho

Dec 29, 2020, 22:0812/29/20
05/12/20

Nice Patch, this is one of the things that all we was waiting for.

Nice Job Plarium, everyone talk trash everytime about u.

Also no one said thanks when u make good changes.

Dec 30, 2020, 03:5712/30/20
Dec 30, 2020, 03:59(edited)
12/30/20

This is great news! I don't know how often these AI fixes will come out but keep it up! If we could Get Rhazin Scarhide and var gall to only use their A1 on fire knight till shield drops, I'd be eternally grateful. Rhazin always uses his a2 and a3 when shields up and he just wastes those skills, making run time extend by a few minutes. As for Var gall he has like 5 skills, which all are useless against fire knight except for his a1 and his attack down skill. Id rather he focus on putting the block heals and attack down debuffs on Fire knight when shield is down  and leave the rest of his skills alone. 

EDIT: Nero has a point. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Keep up the great work guys <3

Dec 30, 2020, 03:5812/30/20
05/13/19

Vizier

Should ONLY use his A1 vs CB. His A3 is useless (nobody to spread to), and his A2 is just downright detrimental (gives 2 unwanted buffs, 3 if running unkillable). 

He's equally stupid in all other content. ROUTINELY leads with his A3 against enemies with no debuffs. If his target has no debuffs, then he should lead with his A2 (giving the target debuffs that he can later spread). Plus, he starts with Veil, so why LEAD with the skill that gives him Veil? He's already got it! 

Astralith

Easily the dumbest AI in the game. She'll LEAD with her A3, exchanging her full HP for full HP (putting her best abil on CD while accomplishing nothing). She should lead with her A2 (bombs), unless she has <50% HP.

Serris

Her AI on auto is quite dumb, but DO NOT FIX IT. Instead, NERF HER TO OBLIVION like you should have when you reworked all those heroes. You know, the big re-balancing patch that accomplished NOTHING, and offered insultingly laughable nerfs to the game's most insanely OP heroes. Sit down some time with some of the best theory-crafters in the game and come up with a list of possible counters to the dominant Speed Nuke meta. Then, count how many of those teams get completely and utterly stomped simply by including Serris in the Speed Nuke team. No hero in the game narrows your meta as much as her. PvP should have a rich diversity of viable strategies (rock-paper-scissors as a BARE MINIMUM), but thanks to one HORRIBLY designed hero, RAID has precisely one: "Go first and kill everyone". Virtually EVERY counter to that gets nullified by Serris (and she's not even an extra requirement on the team, since she also fills on the key roles for that strategy: debuffing team DEF). There's far more wrong with your PvP design (and complete and utter lack of options in the dominant Speed meta) than just Serris, but removing her from the game would be a HUGE step forward. 

Sadly, I know that I'm just wasting my time typing this out, just as I have every other time I've tried offering constructive criticism.