All Categories

Update Highlights 4.60

Update Highlights 4.60

Hey, everyone!

A new Raid Update is coming along, and it’s a big one. We have a number of Champions lined up to join the roster - including the winner of the Community Champion Concept Contest! - but that’s just an extra to go with the new Doom Tower Rotation. Two brutal Bosses unlike anything you’ve seen, two awesome Artifact sets, and a whole lot of rebalanced levels await you! On top of all that, we’re going to tweak the recently introduced Clan Quests and Shop. Read on to find out a bit more and prepare.

Doom Tower Rotation 3

We mentioned before that there are 3 Doom Tower rotations we want to add to the game, and this will be the final one for the time being. Like before, the previous rotations are not going to simply disappear - we’ll cycle through them to ensure the Doom Tower offers different challenges and doesn’t become stale. 

You can expect to see some of the old Bosses show up on various Floors, though their Affinity will be different. Many of the normal Floors will be rebalanced and offer a different set of enemies to fight and defeat. Finally, there will be new Secret Room requirements as well.

But the main attraction of this third rotation is the pair of terrifying new Bosses that you must face. Let’s introduce them!

Bommal the Dreadhorn

i

i

Bommal is all about Bombs. He has a ton of them to place on your team and the extra scary Dreadbombs that can’t be stopped in any way. To make matters worse, he can also strip your Champions of all buffs if their Resistance is not high enough, and will retaliate with Bombs if you try to debuff him.

So the things you’ll need most are Resistance, healing, and someone who can reliably freeze the Dreadbombs to ensure they don’t hurt as much upon exploding. Try to limit the debuffs you place on Bommal, though you can use Champions who extend debuff duration if you’re feeling brave and time them well. Finally, you can throw your own Bombs into the mix - they are one of Bommal’s biggest vulnerabilities.

It’s going to be a tough fight either way, but the Dreadhorn Plates you win will allow you to craft the new Fortitude Artifact Set that provides a significant bonus to the wearer’s Resistance (+40) and Defense (+10%). And it’s a 2-piece Set, so they stack quite high!

i

Astranyx the Dark Fae

i

Astranyx is the second Boss you’ll face in the new rotation, and she also has some unique game mechanics to utilize against your team. She starts the battle concealed by a Perfect Veil buff and has the exact copies of your Champions fighting at her side. She will also be able to Banish your Champions. It’s a new status effect that takes the affected Champion out of the fight - they can’t sustain damage, be targeted by debuffs or buffs, and so on. The only way to return them is to destroy their mirror copy, which Astranyx creates. Finally, Astranyx gets different bonuses based on the Affinities present in your team.

Perfecting team composition is key to defeating her. You need to be certain that you can best your own Champions before they blast you with your own tricks - be sure to have plenty of damage, reliable crowd control, and a fine-tuned turn order. You do get the first turn as the attacker (unless Astranyx is faster!), and decreasing the Turn Meter of the “Mirror Team” would give you a massive advantage.

The Fae Spheres you gain by defeating Astranyx will allow you to craft the Lethal Artifact Set. It’s a 4-piece set that lets the wearer ignore 25% of the target’s Defense and grants a 10% C. RATE bonus - awesome for any self-respecting damage-dealer.

i

We’ve also released a dedicated video to showcase all strengths and weaknesses of these two Bosses and provide an in-depth review of their Skills and viable tactics. Don’t miss it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q0sbbB8cd4  

Clan Changes

As always, we’ve monitored player feedback closely after Update 4.50 went live. Our original goal was to provide a new activity that would inspire Clan members to cooperate and develop their Clan together, but we have underestimated a few pitfalls. With your feedback in mind, we are taking steps to rectify these issues and get the new Clan activities back on track with our original vision.

First of all, we never intended for Clanmates to fight one another for Clan Quests and will take steps to ensure that is no longer required:

• All 90 Clan Quests will be available to all Clans, no prerequisites
  • Elite Clan Quests are available to all Clans starting from Level 1 

You still need to cooperate to get the best results, of course, and it's up to Clan leadership to establish the rules surrounding teamwork. Furthermore, we will increase the rewards for Clan Quest completion:

• Basic Clan Quests will grant 100 Clan Gold (up from 50)
  • Expert Clan Quests will grant 200 Clan Gold (up from 150)
  • Elite Clan Quests will grant 350 Clan Gold (up from 300)

So while some Clan Quests will indeed be simpler to complete than others, higher-tier challenges will offer more significant rewards. 

Finally, slots #3 and 5 in the Clan Shop will no longer feature Affinity Potions. We’ve added chests with Revenge Accessories (5% chance to Counterattack when hit) instead.

We hope that these steps will help resolve some of the issues that have arisen with the new Clan activities! But we’ll keep a close eye on it still and you can expect further tweaks in the future - be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments!

New Champions

Next Fusion: Roric Wyrmbane

i

Kalvalax as the Duke of Doom

Those of you who were around for the Community Champion Concept Contest may recognize Kalvalax as the Duke of Doom - the winning artwork by the talented David Fitzsimmons! As promised, our artists adjusted the concept a little, and now Kalvalax is ready to pledge his blade to your service in the world of Raid: Shadow Legends. 

David will naturally receive this Champion for free as part of his reward for winning the contest, but Kalvalax will soon be added to the Summoning pool.

We’ll release a special “Making Of” video about this Champion in the coming weeks to mark the occasion. Stay tuned!

i

Have a good one

Views
Comments
Aug 31, 2021, 14:0208/31/21
Aug 31, 2021, 20:1408/31/21
12/28/19

I don't need a new tower. I need a rebalance of heroes Little Miss Annie, Baron, Belanor, Teela, Warchief. I need dupe system and bring back my chicken.

Aug 31, 2021, 20:3808/31/21
02/22/20

It's getting a little embarrasing. Stop with all the fluff content and get to things people care about. 

1. Time in the game is crazy, fix it. Don't talk about it, don't think about it start implementing things. You are driving people away. 

2. Books - without buying a single champ will take 6 months to book, what good is pulling a lego when it takes that long?

3. Still not enough champ space, or artifact space and artifact sorting can be way better -> go hire HH guy

Look the game is decent, but it was great once and its falling quickly. 

Nobody wants credit card wars, some people might want all the extra champs but some just feel it dilutes the pool and again what good are champs if you cant book them. 

We get it you want our money, some of us might not even mind spending it but the blatant greed has got to step down a few notches. Be greedy, hell be very greedy, but make it less obvious...it's embarrasing. 

Aug 31, 2021, 20:5808/31/21
Aug 31, 2021, 21:01(edited)
10/12/20

Sweet, more champs to pull with no shards to pull them.  Great update Plarium, way to listen to the community but at least you made more quests available for the clan quests system which is already highly underwhelming.

Also, nobody believes the reason to remove the Shard & Chicken & replace it with a mediocre champ.  390+ days isn't a new player, the new content released doesn't require hex so you are implying that some further into the future content will so into the 4-500 day now for a game that through their own stats showed less players commit passed level 60 which is what, at worst day 270?

Aug 31, 2021, 21:5708/31/21
02/12/21

Does anyone know if the new accessories will work with Retaliation gear, or if there will be two chances to retaliate if both are equiped?

Aug 31, 2021, 22:4708/31/21
03/31/19

Ya'll and ya'll updates. This is nothing that helps the users. The new sets are whack for the work it takes to get them. The new champions, whoopie more lego champions as if there weren't enough. You guys need to calm down releasing legos and actually work on things the community has asked for time and time again. The sky palace or whatever its called, why is that there and why haven't you done anything with it? Dupe system promised but not delivered. This is usual with plarium. Login rewards are still terrible. Why can't you actually undo your chicken fiasco... Hopefully the new champion that they are talking about is a login one cause anything else is a slap in the face. Fix your RNG,  all month long blues, not sure what you did in the last update but i would get an epic at least once every two weeks. Also you really need to include void legos and epics in yellows because it is impossible to get a good pull whether in or outside of the scammy chance up u guys push. void shards are hard to get and when you open one and see blue it is infuriating. I had 10 last 10x and u know what I got? 10 rare void chickens in 10 chances you telling me not a single epic? 

Aug 31, 2021, 23:2108/31/21
04/12/20

Tutto bello ma serviva una funzione ai leader clan per resettare la missione clan, impossibile da completare da quel player. Il leader Clan deve avere una gestione più profonda dei propri player 

(All nice but a function was needed for the clan leaders to reset the clan mission, impossible to complete by that player. The clan leader must have a deeper management of their players)

Aug 31, 2021, 23:4708/31/21
05/28/20

A new Doom Tower rotation - why not although this little black duck still hasn't completed this round's Hard, but its not going to happen so something different is fine with me. 

New gear looks interesting but how much silver am I going to spend regearing!?

New champs, maybe great for whales &/or those who just gotta... As for me, Im still flogging myself upgrading, gearing, ascending, mastering the last few champs I got. I suspect your game isn't designed for people like me who don't need a constant influx of new.

The best thing is clan quest changes. However only a mad fool who is not a clan memeber would have ever allowed the original abomination to be released. Time to rethink who works for you, methinks. 

Um but surely the upgrade needs to deliver on a)a dupe system, b) the fact that this game is now a tremendous time sink & c) restoring the 5* chicken & sacred shard to the 271+ days login rewards. My personal view, if you care, about that Q&A with Murder Inc - atrocious, illogical waffle (the urge to caps lock it is overwhelming).   

Sep 1, 2021, 01:0209/01/21
10/09/20

I have stop spending since they removed the 5* chicken and sacred shards from daily login.

Will continue as F2P after this patch until they put them back.

Or eventually I will leave the game first before they fix it.

Sep 1, 2021, 01:3509/01/21
01/04/20
Baabayega

what will not be changing are the 5 main issues with the game the entire Raid community has been screaming about. 1 No dupe system 2. No way to farm books 3. Cost of lvling up/changing armor. 4 The amount of time it takes to do your daily tasks etc.  5. loss of sacred shard & 5 * chicken in daily logins. The excuse offer by Cirilla & Banana Jam about it being there to help early and mid game players is garbage. Taking over a year to get that chicken champ if your players hang around that long  is silly.

Edited by Moderator.

Even substituting emotes for the word, swearing is bad. 

Sep 1, 2021, 03:2909/01/21
10/10/20

Have you guys even thought about Time Zones? I sure feel sorry for the clan leaders to have to stay online 24-7, just to fix your mess with clan quest. Not all of us live in the same part of the world. I sure hope the clan members live in the same time zone as their leader. 🙁

Sep 1, 2021, 04:4009/01/21
05/07/21

Good update but you forgot the 5 star chicken and sacred shard reward. 

Not spending until it's reverted. 

Sep 1, 2021, 07:2109/01/21
04/12/20

A tutta la comunità: dimenticate il pollo e la sacra, ci sono altre cosette che ci servono come un sistema migliore per navigare tra i nostri campioni, esempio: quando scegli il pollo da 1* da farmare ain PVE è una tragegia se hai un bagalio pieno di, ormai, non polli, quindi, serve uno strumento che ci velocizzi la scelta del campione da schierare...

(To the whole community: forget the chicken and the sacred, there are other little things that we need as a better way to navigate among our samples, example: when you choose the 1 * chicken to farm in PVE it is a tragedy if you have a bag full of, now, not chickens, therefore, we need a tool that speeds up the choice of the champion to be deployed...)

good work

Sep 1, 2021, 07:3309/01/21
04/18/19

I  like  the  rotation,   the  new  bosses  and  the  new  chamopions.

I  still  miss  some  stuff  like  the  time-solving  or  dupe  system  solution.

But  overall,  after  other  updates,  I  am  happy,  I  feel  plarium  is  listening  a  little  bit  more

Sep 1, 2021, 09:4309/01/21
Sep 1, 2021, 09:45(edited)
05/28/21

Wait what about the dupe system... You guys are still ignoring it. and on the positive side I really like the art that's the only thing 

Sep 1, 2021, 11:2509/01/21
Sep 1, 2021, 11:26(edited)
05/05/19

We first want the promised one changes. Then we can talk about new mechanics. Only the people who can actually beat hard doom tower can start thinking about this new content. We want the promised changes like dupe system and so many other topics. You are just doing what you want, not what is good also for the player base. Pyxniel rebalance/fix? Take a note one time from the community and try one patch to be only helpfull for the community.

Sep 1, 2021, 14:0909/01/21
04/22/20

che lezzi

Sep 1, 2021, 17:2209/01/21
05/03/21

Thank you for the changes, especially opening up all clan quests! That is a fantastic change. One other suggestion for the clan quests: implement a 12-hour cooldown after picking a quest. Each clan member can pick a quest as soon as they are open, but you have to wait 12-hours before picking your second, and then another 12 hours after that second choice before picking your third and final quest. 

As a clan leader, I haven't been able to come up with a fair way to allocate and administer quest selection (every idea I've had would be a headache to administer and follow, and would just make the game less fun for everyone). But a cool-down between quest selections would go a LONG way to stopping some of the squabbling between clan members about who took what quest.

If the cooldown is not an option, then perhaps give clan leaders the ability to de-select a quest that is taken. I don't like this idea as much, but that would at least give clan leaders the ability to free quests back up that were taken "out of turn".

Sep 2, 2021, 06:5309/02/21
07/08/21

I´m playing this game for a few weeks now but I think i´ve started to late. 

It´s so hard to become some books .. even for rare champions. Chicken ? Well maybe 1 in a month. It´s not fun to play ... sad but true. 

Sep 2, 2021, 07:0809/02/21
07/23/21

COOL UPDATE!