All Categories

Update Highlights 4.60

Update Highlights 4.60

Hey, everyone!

A new Raid Update is coming along, and it’s a big one. We have a number of Champions lined up to join the roster - including the winner of the Community Champion Concept Contest! - but that’s just an extra to go with the new Doom Tower Rotation. Two brutal Bosses unlike anything you’ve seen, two awesome Artifact sets, and a whole lot of rebalanced levels await you! On top of all that, we’re going to tweak the recently introduced Clan Quests and Shop. Read on to find out a bit more and prepare.

Doom Tower Rotation 3

We mentioned before that there are 3 Doom Tower rotations we want to add to the game, and this will be the final one for the time being. Like before, the previous rotations are not going to simply disappear - we’ll cycle through them to ensure the Doom Tower offers different challenges and doesn’t become stale. 

You can expect to see some of the old Bosses show up on various Floors, though their Affinity will be different. Many of the normal Floors will be rebalanced and offer a different set of enemies to fight and defeat. Finally, there will be new Secret Room requirements as well.

But the main attraction of this third rotation is the pair of terrifying new Bosses that you must face. Let’s introduce them!

Bommal the Dreadhorn

i

i

Bommal is all about Bombs. He has a ton of them to place on your team and the extra scary Dreadbombs that can’t be stopped in any way. To make matters worse, he can also strip your Champions of all buffs if their Resistance is not high enough, and will retaliate with Bombs if you try to debuff him.

So the things you’ll need most are Resistance, healing, and someone who can reliably freeze the Dreadbombs to ensure they don’t hurt as much upon exploding. Try to limit the debuffs you place on Bommal, though you can use Champions who extend debuff duration if you’re feeling brave and time them well. Finally, you can throw your own Bombs into the mix - they are one of Bommal’s biggest vulnerabilities.

It’s going to be a tough fight either way, but the Dreadhorn Plates you win will allow you to craft the new Fortitude Artifact Set that provides a significant bonus to the wearer’s Resistance (+40) and Defense (+10%). And it’s a 2-piece Set, so they stack quite high!

i

Astranyx the Dark Fae

i

Astranyx is the second Boss you’ll face in the new rotation, and she also has some unique game mechanics to utilize against your team. She starts the battle concealed by a Perfect Veil buff and has the exact copies of your Champions fighting at her side. She will also be able to Banish your Champions. It’s a new status effect that takes the affected Champion out of the fight - they can’t sustain damage, be targeted by debuffs or buffs, and so on. The only way to return them is to destroy their mirror copy, which Astranyx creates. Finally, Astranyx gets different bonuses based on the Affinities present in your team.

Perfecting team composition is key to defeating her. You need to be certain that you can best your own Champions before they blast you with your own tricks - be sure to have plenty of damage, reliable crowd control, and a fine-tuned turn order. You do get the first turn as the attacker (unless Astranyx is faster!), and decreasing the Turn Meter of the “Mirror Team” would give you a massive advantage.

The Fae Spheres you gain by defeating Astranyx will allow you to craft the Lethal Artifact Set. It’s a 4-piece set that lets the wearer ignore 25% of the target’s Defense and grants a 10% C. RATE bonus - awesome for any self-respecting damage-dealer.

i

We’ve also released a dedicated video to showcase all strengths and weaknesses of these two Bosses and provide an in-depth review of their Skills and viable tactics. Don’t miss it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q0sbbB8cd4  

Clan Changes

As always, we’ve monitored player feedback closely after Update 4.50 went live. Our original goal was to provide a new activity that would inspire Clan members to cooperate and develop their Clan together, but we have underestimated a few pitfalls. With your feedback in mind, we are taking steps to rectify these issues and get the new Clan activities back on track with our original vision.

First of all, we never intended for Clanmates to fight one another for Clan Quests and will take steps to ensure that is no longer required:

• All 90 Clan Quests will be available to all Clans, no prerequisites
  • Elite Clan Quests are available to all Clans starting from Level 1 

You still need to cooperate to get the best results, of course, and it's up to Clan leadership to establish the rules surrounding teamwork. Furthermore, we will increase the rewards for Clan Quest completion:

• Basic Clan Quests will grant 100 Clan Gold (up from 50)
  • Expert Clan Quests will grant 200 Clan Gold (up from 150)
  • Elite Clan Quests will grant 350 Clan Gold (up from 300)

So while some Clan Quests will indeed be simpler to complete than others, higher-tier challenges will offer more significant rewards. 

Finally, slots #3 and 5 in the Clan Shop will no longer feature Affinity Potions. We’ve added chests with Revenge Accessories (5% chance to Counterattack when hit) instead.

We hope that these steps will help resolve some of the issues that have arisen with the new Clan activities! But we’ll keep a close eye on it still and you can expect further tweaks in the future - be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments!

New Champions

Next Fusion: Roric Wyrmbane

i

Kalvalax as the Duke of Doom

Those of you who were around for the Community Champion Concept Contest may recognize Kalvalax as the Duke of Doom - the winning artwork by the talented David Fitzsimmons! As promised, our artists adjusted the concept a little, and now Kalvalax is ready to pledge his blade to your service in the world of Raid: Shadow Legends. 

David will naturally receive this Champion for free as part of his reward for winning the contest, but Kalvalax will soon be added to the Summoning pool.

We’ll release a special “Making Of” video about this Champion in the coming weeks to mark the occasion. Stay tuned!

i

Have a good one

Views
Comments
Aug 31, 2021, 14:0208/31/21
harleQuinnModerator
Aug 31, 2021, 17:5108/31/21
02/24/19

The Lethal set looks awesome, in both form and function. :D

Aug 31, 2021, 17:5308/31/21
01/03/20

Where is the dupe system you promessed again and again for more than a year?!?

Aug 31, 2021, 17:5908/31/21
12/04/19

Now fix the login rewards and this will be a great update.

Aug 31, 2021, 18:0508/31/21
06/03/20

You forgot to add the 5* chicken and sacred shard to the 271+ days login rewards pool

Aug 31, 2021, 18:0608/31/21
06/24/21

No champ rebalance coming yet?

Aug 31, 2021, 18:0708/31/21
Sep 1, 2021, 01:34(edited)
01/27/20

what will not be changing are the 5 main issues with the game the entire Raid community has been screaming about. 1 No dupe system 2. No way to farm books 3. Cost of lvling up/changing armor. 4 The amount of time it takes to do your daily tasks etc.  5. loss of sacred shard & 5 * chicken in daily logins. The excuse offer by Cirilla & Banana Jam about it being there to help early and mid game players is garbage. Taking over a year to get that chicken champ if your players hang around that long  is silly.

Edited by Moderator.

Aug 31, 2021, 18:0808/31/21
01/17/20
Byak

Where is the dupe system you promessed again and again for more than a year?!?

It prolly would be announced like a month before putting it in the game, since it's such a great thing

Aug 31, 2021, 18:1008/31/21
08/26/19

Ok, nice set of changes & additions.

But Kalvalax seems way too OP. His kit literally seems broken. Really think you need to modify/ nerf him a bit before actually releasing him. 

Hope guys will be proactive this time & do consider revamping his kit.

Aug 31, 2021, 18:1808/31/21
05/14/19

With new DT rotations it will take forever to get a 4 piece Lethal Set with good stats and all it's just a Savage Set with 10% crit rate bonus.  Not exactly earth-shattering.

Aug 31, 2021, 18:1808/31/21
08/17/20

No dupe system and still the chicken and sacred are gone from +271 login rewards. I'm not impressed.

Aug 31, 2021, 18:2008/31/21
05/14/19

If Plarium wanted the lethal set to be good, make it a 2 piece set with a 12.5% ignore defense and 5% crit rate bonus.  The same numbers but far more usable as a 2 piece set and when you get 6 good pieces then you'd really feel accomplished.

Aug 31, 2021, 18:2008/31/21
08/14/21

looks good the update

Aug 31, 2021, 18:2108/31/21
01/17/20

It's a shame Astranyx the Dark Fae is a boss instead of a champion. I want a Dark Fae style playable faction! We need some wood elves, dryads, ents, and dark faeries! All the new champs are so ugly these days...

Aug 31, 2021, 18:2608/31/21
07/13/20

please add kalvalax to 271+ login rewards instead of Cleo. 

Aug 31, 2021, 18:3608/31/21
07/21/20

The only one I want is Dark Kael and this one as fast as possible, all the other are not interesting for me. And really I don't want to wait for years and years to get him!!! The champ I can get by logging in every day takes way toooooo long to get one and maybe I really don't need this one! Let us choose wich champ we will get! Why can only the players who have already almost all to play the high ranks get all the funny champs? I guess it would be a great thing  to give middleclass players more chances!

It would be great to give chances to all players to move forward!

I know many will think what a envious person I am! But I'm sure I say laud what many players think! (Maybe except the thing O have with Dark Kael :). )

Aug 31, 2021, 20:0208/31/21
11/13/19

Revenge Accessories sound pretty weak. Only a 5% chance to proc, Reaction and Bloodshield are a thousand times better.

Aug 31, 2021, 20:0208/31/21
Aug 31, 2021, 20:03(edited)
03/29/20

Since I was so loud and long winded when the Clan Quests nightmare came out, I will have to admit that this is a VERY GOOD adjustment.  Well done Plarium.  Thanks for listening to the community outcry and making changes.

Also, thanks for trying to clear up a LOT of questions and game improvement topics that many players have  had for months, if not years, with the video interview that you guys did with that "one streamer guy".  Not everyone is going to be happy with everything that Cirilla and Banana_Jam talked about but it's communication and it felt good.

One point of interest about the Clan Quest changes... 1.)  Allowing all 90 quests to be available to all clans is a good thing, but I would hazard a guess that a lot of your Clan leaders don't want to be in the business of allocating and we're kinda still there.  Have you considered just letting any player pick any 3 Clan Quests that they want/can finish..?

Thanks again Plarium...great move in the right direction..!

ps...remember, some players (see most of the comments here so far) will never be happy and just like to shout at the rain..!

Aug 31, 2021, 20:0308/31/21
07/10/19

Nice!  getting  new  sets  and  mechanics  are  good.  however,  where  is  the  promised  ones.  What  about  the  champion  rebalance,  dupe  system.  Your  tournaments  and  event  rewards  are  getting  from  worse  to  pathetic.  We  are  spending  money  to  get  to  the  top  tier  rewards  in  these  events  and  tournaments  and  now  we  are  no  longer  getting  any void  shards  or  sacred  shards. Do  you  not  want  us  to  participate  in  these  events.  Why  would  we  take  part  in  such  events  if  the  top  reward  is  a  4*  chicken.  improve  the  rewards ,  increase  the  points  required  to  get  them  (we  anyhow  spend  our  money)  but  give  us  access  to  lego  books ,  void  and  sacred  shards.  

Aug 31, 2021, 20:0808/31/21
08/27/20

No interest; start by putting the sacred shard and the R5 chicken back in the daily login reward. 

There will be no forgiveness or money given to Plarium before that.