All Categories

Introduction Thread

Introduction Thread

Search
MariusAdmin
Jun 20, 2018, 12:0806/20/18
09/04/17

Introduction Thread

On behalf of the Plarium Team, I would like to welcome you to the forums of Raid: Shadow Legends. This is a sticky thread for newcomers. And here is some information you may find useful!

You are more than welcome to introduce yourselves and tell us a bit about what brought you here. Have you found your favourite Champion yet, or perhaps even an entire faction that you hope to collect? In general, we are too curious for our own good so feel free to rant away. 

And if you have not started the game yet? Well, then the excerpt below is for you.

Welcome to Teleria! A land consumed by madness and war, a land where Shadow spreads and forces of evil grow ever stronger. Minions of Siroth spill forth from an ancient portal to their demonic realm and few dare to stand in their way. You are among the few who resist, a chosen of the Arbiter, granted the power to command Shards and summon Champions of days long gone. It is up to you to create your Company and turn the tide of darkness before it overwhelms the mortal realms.

Yet this is not a task that can be done alone. Some challenges will require you to join with others and form powerful Clans. At other times, all it takes to overcome a particularly difficult hurdle is finding the right advice or guidance. Fortunately, this is precisely what this Community exists for - to help you connect with others, find clanmates, and share your knowledge.

Views
Comments
Comments
MariusAdmin
Jul 31, 2018, 12:2707/31/18
Jul 31, 2018, 12:29(edited)
09/04/17

Since we have quite a few players frequenting the forum now and plenty of threads springing up in the Game Discussion section of the forum, I've decided to move Introductions to the Tavern. And as I'm already posting, I may as well talk a bit about myself.

My real name is Dimitri and, chances are, I have already interacted with many of you as the Community Manager of Raid: Shadow Legends. I am a huge video game (RPG in particular) and tabletop game nerd, so it's no surprise the role fell to me in the end. As far as Raid itself goes, I also play it in my free time as a free-to-play, with the same username as on the forum. You may have seen me in the general chat a few times! 

So far I have been particularly fond of the Sacred Order in terms of design and still stick to dragging Athel around as my go-to Champion. Looking forward to seeing some of the Champion concepts brought to life in the game, so that I can (hopefully if RNG Gods are with me) crusade to my heart's content. 

What about the rest of you? Plenty of regular names I've seen helping other players out with advice and tips. It would be interesting to hear what brought you guys to this game in particular.
NEUKModerator
Jul 31, 2018, 12:5007/31/18
10/17/14

Я есть NEUK!

MariusAdmin
Aug 2, 2018, 09:5208/02/18
09/04/17
You know, I ought to show that image to the Art Team and have them make it into a playable Champion. Those bunny ears are a killer :D
Mar 1, 2019, 14:2303/01/19
02/25/19

Hey guys. I'm fairly new to the game and just thought I'd introduce myself to the community.

So I started playing this game about a little over 4 days ago and have enjoyed it so far. Absolutely love the artwork and animation in the game and enjoying the little of the story I've unlocked so far. I love the fact that grinding dungeons has enough reward mechanic built in that you feel some sense of progress even at stages 1-6. I also got into the arena a few days ago and am enjoying how that's been set up.

So far I'm a little biased towards The Sacred Order, but I suspect that has something to do with the fact that my only Epic (pulled on day 2!) is from that faction (Tallia).

A little bit about me - I've been a video/computer gamer since the late 80s. My first RPG was Ultima 7: The Black Gate back in '92. Since then, RPGs have been a staple of my gaming diet, whether they be on PC, Console or Smartphone/tablet. Favourite game has to be KOTOR (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic), even with how dated the graphics are ... there's just something about the game that's timeless for me.

Anyway, I don't use in-game chat too much, but I do check out the Tavern and Game Discussions sections on this site so hopefully I get to interact with some of you going forward. Happy gaming, all!

MariusAdmin
Mar 2, 2019, 11:0203/02/19
09/04/17

Talmagdon said:

So far I'm a little biased towards The Sacred Order, but I suspect that has something to do with the fact that my only Epic (pulled on day 2!) is from that faction (Tallia).

Welcome to the community! And hey, a fellow KOTOR fan :D Old classics never fade.
Mar 3, 2019, 05:3803/03/19
02/25/19

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Truth be told, I've never been drawn to ideology much .... I need to argue things before accepting them as codified law. But the armour sets, the combat animations and that touch of (medieval) military perfection ... very inspiring.

MariusAdmin
Mar 4, 2019, 09:2603/04/19
09/04/17
Definitely, it is the same for me. I am not a religious person in real life, nor particularly set on any ideology, but I somehow end up sticking to factions with Crusader/Inquisition/What have you inspirations :D Must be the cool armour and bling indeed!
Mar 18, 2019, 05:3903/18/19
03/18/19

The game Eternium brought me here actually. This game was an ad that popped up, looked pretty cool. So far I can say that this game has been closest to having realistic gameplay ads. Thanks for that! 

Apr 30, 2019, 13:2304/30/19
04/06/19

Hey everybody, what’s up!

I’ve been playing for a few weeks now, being initially drawn to this game because of The Ladies; all those beautiful female Champions clad in bikini/fetish armor & thongs.  Hey, what can I say?  I’m a man with a taste for the finer (baser?) things in life 😏

I’m posting this to say hello and to laugh at myself a bit; I’m level 38 and yet only about an hour ago did I bother to pay attention to the whole elemental thing (Force, Magic, Spirit & Void).  I remember something being mentioned about it during the tutorial (as I rolled my eyes and blithely skipped through it at the time), but I’ve been unknowingly playing all this time through direct (and often inefficient) brute force.  Having noticed this facet has changed the game for me and I’m delighted that there is more to it than I first thought.

But anyway, hello everyone.  Here’s to good times and good gaming!

May 9, 2019, 15:2605/09/19
04/01/19

Hello, one and hello all!

I have been playing Raid for a bit over a month now, and have decided to get involved on the website as well given how much I love this game! I have 35 and have little time to game on computers anymore with two little ones of my own. However, This game is perfect for me as I can play a bit at a time! I do hope I can start getting heroes that are not just magic soon. I have a fantastic line up for them but little in force or spirit. Anywho I just wanted to hi on here as I start to post more on the forums. 
May 18, 2019, 08:5805/18/19
05/18/19

My name is Stinga Vicentiu-Alexandru, I am 15 years old, I am a 7-year-old boy, I am a strong one and do not give up easily. I know how to work very well in the team, I am a sincere, honest and sociable person. I like the people with whom I can talk calmly. I do not like the lie, the stupidity, and the people who are more important than the rest of the world. I usually accommodate myself quickly in a new group. I like to be punctual and fair with everyone around, I put my soul in everything I do. Usually, when given the chances I do not give it to the bar.

May 31, 2019, 12:3805/31/19
04/12/19

So I thought this thread needed a little bump, so here I go with my own introduction.

My name is Niels, I am 27 years old and I hail from Denmark (Scandinavia).

I am a relatively new addition to the moderators, and while I have spent most of my time on discord I will force myself into a better rhythm of checking the forum.

My gaming history is broad, going back to the original doom which my farther deemed okay for me to play when I was around 6 years old. Other then that, I am normally a pretty friendly feller so if you have an issue I don't mind trying to tackle it.

With that said, I hope we can keep improving the forum (and discord chat) and have a nice civil discourse about the game.

Have a great day everyone.

Thorrium~

Jun 3, 2019, 08:1906/03/19
03/23/19

Greetings!

Im a part-time human, who looks to retire to a farm once he has completed this game...

I’m relatively new to game but doing not too bad, my own playstyle is very erratic as im still trying to find a style that suits me.

Having mixed luck but really enjoying game, and now i can access forums the help i am getting is great.

Feel free to add me, I’m a friendly person

Jun 18, 2019, 13:5406/18/19
06/16/19

Hey guys! Glad to be here, call me Vulag (Yes, it is a name that my father created, and yes it is unique to me, that I know of!) and I'm pretty new to the game in general, but am familiar with other games of it's ilk, Summoners Wars, Heir of Light, Onmiyoji, etc. etc. etc, and while I find them.. Interesting, this game seems to outshine them all. There is a fairly active community (something that Onmiyoji lacks - Being wished a Happy 2018 on the official guide website is somewhat sad, and Summoners Wars have toxic moderators, so not my cuppa!)

Russian guy here, Military, so I rarely have time to game as avidly as I could in the past, but I also enjoyed KOTOR I and II, plus the restored content, I am also avid in SWG: Legends, as well as the Indie game scene, Penumbra, Midnight Nowhere, certain visual novels, usually PC games that I don't have to invest so much time in, due to my Military deployment to the Baltics. 

Free time, I usually hang with my troop, go running with my dogs, mountain climbing, working out, martial arts, etc. I'm huge into Psychology and soul pathworking, mostly due to my Shaman ancestors, old traditions are very important to me, so traveling to my family yurt in Yakutsk, and looking for wolves are things that are both sacred and important to me. 

Not much else to say on a gaming forum, but send me a note if you've any questions! Good to be here.

Best,

Vulag Tismaneanu

Aug 8, 2019, 05:4108/08/19
08/06/19
Hi everyone. I don't have much to say. I love raid so far. Started 3 days ago. I'm on level 18 now I like RPG games and I'm a huge Skyrim fan as well as RPGs in general like Baldurs Gate
Aug 18, 2019, 19:3308/18/19
05/09/19

I have been playing for a while but I just saw this intro post on the forum. My name is silver dragon spelled backwards. It was supposed to be silver tail dragon but it had too many characters. The game reminds me of final fantasy tactics (without the movement) for some reason Well that's it. I am not a robot.

Aug 27, 2019, 21:1008/27/19
06/09/19

Howdy ya'all

Depression40 in the game here!

24yr old newbie

Yes, my name sounds peculiar, and you may wonder why that name? because i'm very prone to depression and anxiety for some unknown reasons.

I do love kinky and gorish things :P I love dark humour and memes! I also browse Reddit ALL THE TIME lol...

I love Sushi, Ramen, Chicken wings, Cheese burgers, and ALL types of vegetables.

I hate Pizza YUCKY x_x

I also love MCU and a huge Black Panther fan! I love all types of MMO, and FPS games.

It is what it is ya'all.

Thanks for reading my boring introduction!

Oct 16, 2019, 15:5410/16/19
08/11/19

CubeX., playing RSL since 3 months.

Currently joined the RSL team.

Hope to be useful!
Jan 16, 2020, 00:0601/16/20
04/03/19

Hey All, Started playing about 5 months ago, love the game just a couple questions:  

1. Any way for the leader of a clan do disable certain CB's that are not on the clan menu for the day?  If not there should be

2. Any way for clan members to share artifacts?  If not there should be

3. Why oh Why would there be any legendary 3 star gear anywhere in this game?  

4. Someone mentioned in another post that purchasing a set of artifacts and the stats being random, Why?  I mean if someone is spending cash for a set of armor, shouldn't he get what he pays for?

5. Some players have many green shards saved up like thousands, any way they can redeem them at the market for either silver or better artifacts?

6. I love the snow, I love Christmas and the whole Christmas season but enough with the Yule Tree, time to put that sucker in the shed till December 20th.
Jan 21, 2020, 12:0101/21/20
12/27/19
selam