All Categories

What's next in Raid (Awakening, New Dungeon, etc...)

What's next in Raid (Awakening, New Dungeon, etc...)

Search
Comments
Aug 12, 2022, 18:4308/12/22
kramaswamy.kr

I'm not suggesting I enjoy this. I'm just saying the reality is, anything that results in players spending less time in the game, will result in players spending less money. That's pretty undeniable.

Yes, but some content get too mutch time to complete aka. CB,Hydra

When you do this contents, can do nothing else. NO one see the advertisement windows on Main screen within CB, so theyy wont buy nothing there!!! No matter Plarium how say it, more time in the game , more players will buy. But not there. Other thing, if someone want to buy someting, he will going to buy. No matter he will stay in the game 3 hours or 18 hours. I think need to decreasing the boring hours, when the players cant do anything else just waiting when finishing the CB. Thats not enjoyable. What need a game ? Fewer unenjoyable/boring times. If we could do, other thing during CB, but thats impossible. So need to wait when CB finished. Just try it to do, 4 times the CB with Brogni infinite shield team, and you can see what i'm talk about it.

Aug 12, 2022, 20:4608/12/22
Aug 12, 2022, 20:54(edited)
02/11/22

From other games i have played, i think for at least some of the content, they should just give us automatic wins, as long as you click for them. Maybe you have a counter on each level of the dungeons, once you reach like 50, you now have the option to auto-complete the map on that level. Using this feature will not give points towards tournaments, but for DD, it woud be ok. (there's no competition in Dungeon Divers)

@ krama, imho, i think you may be wrong there. There's also the flip side to that coin of yours. Say you speed up EVERYTHING, i know that's insane, but think about it. You get your 1000 energy, you can spend it in 1 minute. What do you do now? close the game? Or buy more energy, because you now have tons of time to use more and more and more? 

This is how Hero Wars is set up. You actually play with your toons on about 5% of the stuff you do, the rest is all auto-complete LOL. And people just buy more diamonds and more and more cuz otherwise the game lasts 10min per day. That's actually why i left that game, and got into this one. It was just so boring, everything you did in the game was just collecting stuff, no playing, just click, collect, exit, click collect, exit. Every day. And they have as many whales over there as there is here, in % terms.

Just saying, a healthy middle between that insanity and the one we are living here, and everyone is happy.....ish :P

Aug 12, 2022, 21:5008/12/22
02/13/21
kramaswamy.kr

From Plarium:

"Let us remove a painful bandage immediately – there will be no x3 speed in this update or in the near future. We know that time consumption is a concern for a lot of players, so we are focusing on gameplay solutions such as superraids or recently implemented instant gear upgrades to improve this aspect of the game. In the video, you can see footage from the test server with no other players. While some red flags with performance and visual issues are nearly unnoticed there, they would be a much larger problem in the actual play server should this speed be introduced at this stage."

That is disappointing.  I was getting more excited for the x3 feature than the new content!

I'm actually more disappointed that the x3 even made the video to be honest.  It could have been avoided so easily, in that the button could say "x2" but act like x3 for dev purposes.  Hell, someone in design had to build that image to begin with!  Why put effort into a feature that no-one will ever use?

I know I mentioned this already in the summer trials thing, but it just goes to show a very low level of care factor around development processes and engagement with the community.  They must have known that this would have caused some discussion, but just didn't care enough to curate the promotional content and make sure things like this don't get through.  I'm sure this video would have had to have been signed off by so many people, and yet no-one noticed, or cared

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 14, 2022, 09:5908/14/22
02/24/19
RoseRoyal

That is disappointing.  I was getting more excited for the x3 feature than the new content!

I'm actually more disappointed that the x3 even made the video to be honest.  It could have been avoided so easily, in that the button could say "x2" but act like x3 for dev purposes.  Hell, someone in design had to build that image to begin with!  Why put effort into a feature that no-one will ever use?

I know I mentioned this already in the summer trials thing, but it just goes to show a very low level of care factor around development processes and engagement with the community.  They must have known that this would have caused some discussion, but just didn't care enough to curate the promotional content and make sure things like this don't get through.  I'm sure this video would have had to have been signed off by so many people, and yet no-one noticed, or cared

I'm not an expert by any stretch, but here's what I was told....

There is definitely an effort by the devs to come out with more consistent and always-on time saving measures, but I was told to expect more things like Instant Artifact Upgrade and Instant Leveling in the Tavern.

X3, from what I understand, caused server issues even in just the very limited development server population, and that expanding it beyond that test would be very bad on the games performance. So they are looking to do more of the QoL changes that will improve the gameplay and time that WON'T cause the game to turn into sludge.

They are working on some of these time saving things now, just like the Tavern improvements and super raids in FW. Personally, I'm really hoping to see MORE before the new Awakening system for certain.

Aug 14, 2022, 10:5408/14/22

" X3, from what I understand, caused server issues  " What server problems ? Just try it, turn off your net connection when start a battles, no matter 1x/2x fastening there, the battle will finish without any connection to server. After finish trying the client to reach the server again. I bet, the battle results is calculated before battles. Thats why 1x/2x/3x no matter in a battle.

One thing can stress the server, if the faster battles finished faster, the servers needs more rapid responses to clients, more data calculations needs because those players finishing fasters aka they can do more battles. I dont know x2 to x3 how many percentage plus stress to servers, but thats sure, thats will inceasing the loads of the servers. But a big company easily can fix a server bottleneck problem with a server update, if they want. Every company can choose, they want lift game experiences of playerbase or not or just thinking a software solution for this.

Second thing. Everyone see which is shortening the battle times, the "Screen Refresh/FPS".

I f u using 30fps in options, battles needs more times. 60Fps better results. Unlimited FPS give the best results. Unlimited FPS sortening a 50 turn Clan boss battle almost 5 minutes. 

Aug 14, 2022, 12:1308/14/22
02/13/21
harleQuinn

I'm not an expert by any stretch, but here's what I was told....

There is definitely an effort by the devs to come out with more consistent and always-on time saving measures, but I was told to expect more things like Instant Artifact Upgrade and Instant Leveling in the Tavern.

X3, from what I understand, caused server issues even in just the very limited development server population, and that expanding it beyond that test would be very bad on the games performance. So they are looking to do more of the QoL changes that will improve the gameplay and time that WON'T cause the game to turn into sludge.

They are working on some of these time saving things now, just like the Tavern improvements and super raids in FW. Personally, I'm really hoping to see MORE before the new Awakening system for certain.

I understand, and I know the difficulties of having to manage server load and the amount of players on the game.  I have also accepted that the x3 likely isnt going to happen.

What I am actually struggling with is that even known that it would never be a possibility, Plarium still chose to show a video with the x3 button in it to the hundred of thousands of players out there, when it could so simply be avoided.  Like, just don't.  Don't design up a visual x3 button.  Don't code that design into the test server.  Don't let it pass QA on the video.  The same with not noticing the server load issues during the Trials for 2 weeks.  Do they care about what they put out, or just half arse it and go to the pub?

These events are supposed to be building up hype for the community, but just end up leaving a bad taste sometimes

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 16, 2022, 00:4808/16/22
02/24/19
RoseRoyal

I understand, and I know the difficulties of having to manage server load and the amount of players on the game.  I have also accepted that the x3 likely isnt going to happen.

What I am actually struggling with is that even known that it would never be a possibility, Plarium still chose to show a video with the x3 button in it to the hundred of thousands of players out there, when it could so simply be avoided.  Like, just don't.  Don't design up a visual x3 button.  Don't code that design into the test server.  Don't let it pass QA on the video.  The same with not noticing the server load issues during the Trials for 2 weeks.  Do they care about what they put out, or just half arse it and go to the pub?

These events are supposed to be building up hype for the community, but just end up leaving a bad taste sometimes

Showing the testing for the 3x speeds was problematic, can't argue with you there. I don't know how that got all the way out of the video. I too was excited about the possibility of 3x, and had my hopes dashed.

I am not unhappy they had it into the server and were testing it at least. I'm glad they are testing any and all time saving measures. As far as coding it into the test server, how else are you going to test it? And I don't know if it was only 5 minutes or something for the art people to get an image in there so it didn't break or crash when looking for a picture when switching speeds....IDK how that all works at all. :D

As far as Telerian Trials, the progress changing midway through is a tough sell, and I'm not here arguing with the way anyone feels about it. I can understand how it's hard to be hyped or care when the progress is totally unreliable. Frankly, I'm not sure if having that out there made anyone run 1,000 more 25s or anything.... it didn't change the way I played at all.

Aug 16, 2022, 01:1408/16/22
04/24/22

I think they should use the feedback of 3X to rework multi battle to be instant results , all while monetizing it(sry but im impartial i think player and company wise) .

Also if they ever use this idea , i do own it ;P  so send freebies :o

Aug 16, 2022, 01:1808/16/22
06/25/20
Lyryal

I think they should use the feedback of 3X to rework multi battle to be instant results , all while monetizing it(sry but im impartial i think player and company wise) .

Also if they ever use this idea , i do own it ;P  so send freebies :o

If you think that 3x speed would put too much of a strain on the server due to increased network traffic - good luck with instant results.

Aug 16, 2022, 02:2508/16/22
04/24/22
kramaswamy.kr

If you think that 3x speed would put too much of a strain on the server due to increased network traffic - good luck with instant results.

Hey my domain is houses, demo and renovation :P instant has nographics so in my head means less stress but like i said pc and games arent my domain so figure it would be less stress than 3x

Aug 16, 2022, 23:0108/16/22
02/11/22

I'm not a PC genius, but, here's a thought... wouldn't instant results actually save the server some work? I mean, no more processing of all the videos for each battle. Does that make sense? Or maybe it's all noobish rubbish on my part LOL

Aug 17, 2022, 00:0108/17/22
12/19/19
Swiftblade

I'm not a PC genius, but, here's a thought... wouldn't instant results actually save the server some work? I mean, no more processing of all the videos for each battle. Does that make sense? Or maybe it's all noobish rubbish on my part LOL

No all the graphics are client side (your device) that has no impact.   The instant battles would lead to increased rapid fire client-server interaction.... so that could be a problem. 

Aug 17, 2022, 03:0808/17/22
06/25/20

Correct. The only time the server is involved is in processing the results of the battle. This likely is a simple array of data sent to the server when the battle is complete. It won't represent a very large amount of data - but when you consider there are many, many concurrent players, if you were to add 3x, you'd essentially be increasing the amount of data being sent by 50%. If you made it instantaneous, you'd be increasing the data being sent by like, 5000%.

Aug 17, 2022, 06:1908/17/22
Trips

No all the graphics are client side (your device) that has no impact.   The instant battles would lead to increased rapid fire client-server interaction.... so that could be a problem. 

Thats why should use insta complete at just two sections. CB and Hydra, not all content. Those two the longest boring content in the game.  Other thing many gotcha game using insta complete stages if someone did before those stages to 3 stars. 

In other games this is not problem just here ? I bet thats should be avalaible in the Raid too. But Plarium dont want that, because they think about it, less game time, less money. But if anyone dont want to buy anything in the game, he wont. And vica versa, if someone want to buy by any means, he will buy. No matter if he playing 3hours or 18hours. 

OracleCommunity Manager
Aug 17, 2022, 10:0208/17/22
03/02/21

Hi, folks! As for the matter of time spent in the game, harleQuinn has pointed out our current position. 

But here is some clarification, just in case.

Yes, we did consider adding 3x speed at some point and even did some testing. However, the results of those tests proved this idea to be a rather poor and rough solution, as it caused more technical issues and glitches than the expected comfort promised by speeding up the game.

That's why we've decided to focus more on the solutions that don't create too much additional server and client load.

As for the instant battles, such change is not planned for the nearest future. In the current gameplay philosophy, the time optimization of teams is considered to be one of the core parts of the account development and of the gameplay overall. As instant battles might largely eliminate this part of the gameplay, for now, we're not going to implement this feature, I'm afraid.

In any event, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. 

Aug 17, 2022, 13:3408/17/22
12/19/19
Oracle

Hi, folks! As for the matter of time spent in the game, harleQuinn has pointed out our current position. 

But here is some clarification, just in case.

Yes, we did consider adding 3x speed at some point and even did some testing. However, the results of those tests proved this idea to be a rather poor and rough solution, as it caused more technical issues and glitches than the expected comfort promised by speeding up the game.

That's why we've decided to focus more on the solutions that don't create too much additional server and client load.

As for the instant battles, such change is not planned for the nearest future. In the current gameplay philosophy, the time optimization of teams is considered to be one of the core parts of the account development and of the gameplay overall. As instant battles might largely eliminate this part of the gameplay, for now, we're not going to implement this feature, I'm afraid.

In any event, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. 

Why not expand super raids...

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 17, 2022, 13:5708/17/22
02/24/19
Trips

Why not expand super raids...

From what I've heard after asking about the possibility of expanding them, there's a good shot. XD

Aug 19, 2022, 03:2808/19/22
08/19/22

When will this new content be implemented?

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 19, 2022, 03:3108/19/22
02/24/19
Loc

When will this new content be implemented?

No release date yet! More updates soon though. :)