All Categories

Hi Plarium - Clarity on the new Hydra Advanced Quest?

Search
Jun 8, 2022, 16:2306/08/22
06/25/20

Please explain how an advanced quest which could potentially show up on any day of the week will reconcile with the fact that we have only three keys per week?

i

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Jun 9, 2022, 14:4906/09/22
02/24/19

I have asked for clarity on this, hope to update soon. Cause it reads differently now than the weekly quest that was hinted at.

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 9, 2022, 15:0606/09/22
02/24/19

Okay Krama, got clarification from Plarium. The Hydra advanced quest is just to use a Silver key, and it will only appear to players who still have keys remaining.

Jun 10, 2022, 01:2906/10/22
06/25/20

Thanks for the clarification, Quinn.

Now allow me to voice my *vehement* disagreement with this quest. The 3v3 quest was already a major time sink that I frequently had to rush through at the end of the day, just before the reset, because it was the only existing one that actually required me to specifically play the game, and not just run on auto.

Hydra, though? This is infinitely worse. I'll now need to hope that I just don't get that quest during the week at all, because if I do, there's a good chance I'll simply not have the time to complete it on that day. I usually try to use the weekends to use my Hydra keys, because I need the time to actually play it out properly, and not just run on auto. That often involves restarting a few times until I get the rolls to work out.

I just can't do that during the week, most of the time. I don't have the time, or the energy, or the patience, or some combination of those.

Please Plarium - get rid of the quest. I know you're doing it to try to get people to spend more time in Hydra, but this is simply going to make people even more annoyed with it.

Jun 10, 2022, 01:4006/10/22
04/25/22

As someone who cant and doesnt even do hydra , this quest might be a huge hindrance ... my time in game is precious in my eyes that i shouldnt do content that doesnt help me progress(hydra being for endgame players not 45days in players like myself) 

Havent seen it yet and hope i dont , i like getting that extra energy refill while doing content that helps me out(tag team arena helps me get drexthar, etc) Hydra just do 200k and get my team beaten like the intro on dragon's lair ! :P

Jun 10, 2022, 01:4606/10/22
06/25/20
Lyryal

As someone who cant and doesnt even do hydra , this quest might be a huge hindrance ... my time in game is precious in my eyes that i shouldnt do content that doesnt help me progress(hydra being for endgame players not 45days in players like myself) 

Havent seen it yet and hope i dont , i like getting that extra energy refill while doing content that helps me out(tag team arena helps me get drexthar, etc) Hydra just do 200k and get my team beaten like the intro on dragon's lair ! :P

Honestly for you it should actually just be the exact opposite. If you don't do Hydra, just start it and then end it right away, and you've used your key. I don't think there's a minimum amount of damage necessary.

Jun 10, 2022, 02:1006/10/22
04/25/22

Oh i can do that ? Then it might not be that bad , but still should be change because this isnt only about new players like me ! :)

Jun 10, 2022, 11:2806/10/22
02/13/21
kramaswamy.kr

Now allow me to voice my *vehement* disagreement with this quest. The 3v3 quest was already a major time sink that I frequently had to rush through at the end of the day, just before the reset, because it was the only existing one that actually required me to specifically play the game, and not just run on auto.

Hydra, though? This is infinitely worse. I'll now need to hope that I just don't get that quest during the week at all, because if I do, there's a good chance I'll simply not have the time to complete it on that day. I usually try to use the weekends to use my Hydra keys, because I need the time to actually play it out properly, and not just run on auto. That often involves restarting a few times until I get the rolls to work out.

I just can't do that during the week, most of the time. I don't have the time, or the energy, or the patience, or some combination of those.

Please Plarium - get rid of the quest. I know you're doing it to try to get people to spend more time in Hydra, but this is simply going to make people even more annoyed with it.

I agree, this does sound like an odd quest to add.  The whole point of giving 3 keys and having Hydra reset in a week was to allow for the player to choose when they battle Hydra, not by forcing them to do it by having an advanced quest require it.  It kind of defeats the whole purpose of making Hydra reset each week!

Jun 10, 2022, 12:1706/10/22
04/18/20

Bad idea

Jun 10, 2022, 12:4006/10/22
10/11/20
RoseRoyal

I agree, this does sound like an odd quest to add.  The whole point of giving 3 keys and having Hydra reset in a week was to allow for the player to choose when they battle Hydra, not by forcing them to do it by having an advanced quest require it.  It kind of defeats the whole purpose of making Hydra reset each week!

This. 

If you do Hydra, and have keys left that you would use the day after the quest, then you either have to use it at an inconvenient time or miss out on energy refill. 

Unless... 

they put it on the last day before Hydra reset. Then you wouldn't lose anything. 

Jun 10, 2022, 12:4006/10/22
12/19/19

Rose is spot on. I was all for them doing something to encourage hydra participation, but this is an epic fail.  The prior complaint that hydra was too time consuming wasn't valid, only having to do 3 keys a week at your leisure wasn't bad at all. 

Poorly thought out. Add hydra activity to the new ladder thingy lol.

Jun 10, 2022, 14:1606/10/22
11/16/20

Had this quest last night ... Why is this a advanced quest and not added to the weekly quest pool .... Come on wtf plarium 

dthorne04Moderator
Jun 10, 2022, 17:2506/10/22
Jun 10, 2022, 17:25(edited)
12/30/20

Will be passing along feedback this week, on this one. I've not had it yet but personally I'm not wild about it because I would prefer to do my Hydra keys - which I don't like to punt, and are frequently time consuming - when I want to, not worrying about missing out on full advanced rewards that day. 

Jun 11, 2022, 01:2306/11/22
11/16/20

i

Two nights in a row with this BS. I just did a random auto on normal last night now tonight I'm going to have to actually sit around and waste an hour doing hard.

This is terrible, terrible is actually a understatement, I will hold back from expressing how awful a decision this was from plarium to add this.

Jun 11, 2022, 01:2506/11/22
06/25/20
evilized6666

i

Two nights in a row with this BS. I just did a random auto on normal last night now tonight I'm going to have to actually sit around and waste an hour doing hard.

This is terrible, terrible is actually a understatement, I will hold back from expressing how awful a decision this was from plarium to add this.

Ya I think I am now going to have to prioritize using all my Hydra keys every Wednesday after reset, so I don't get trapped into having to use one when I am not able to.

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 11, 2022, 01:5606/11/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

I do not disagree in the slightest. 

In addition to your points, this quest locks me into completing Hydra, rather than being able to test teams. The whole regroup feature and gameplay loop of Hydra is to test it over and over again until you are happy-ish with your score and want to submit. Even the videos introducing Hydra specifically indicated they wanted this to be the case.

The advanced quest absolutely PUNISHES you for testing teams throughout the week and absolutely against what Hydra is supposed to be for. Either totally remove the RNG crap so I can build a team that autos it, or turn off this kind of quest.

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 11, 2022, 01:5706/11/22
Jun 15, 2022, 15:54(edited)
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Ya I think I am now going to have to prioritize using all my Hydra keys every Wednesday after reset, so I don't get trapped into having to use one when I am not able to.

This seems like the only solution right now. Do ALL your hours of testing the first night. Sigh.

Jun 13, 2022, 01:3206/13/22
11/16/20

i

Just so happy to be blessed 3 times already with this quest. Just wanted to give a shout out and a big thanks for how great of a idea this was. I'm sorry no one likes this content and doesn't do it. 

Jun 13, 2022, 04:1106/13/22
07/08/19
evilized6666

i

Just so happy to be blessed 3 times already with this quest. Just wanted to give a shout out and a big thanks for how great of a idea this was. I'm sorry no one likes this content and doesn't do it. 

does it always replace the cb quest? it did the one time i got stuck with it (had enough free time to burn all my keys, thank god), but i wasn't sure if thats a guaranteed switch or if its randomized and i wasn't gonna risk another batch of silver keys to find out.

Jun 13, 2022, 13:2606/13/22
10/15/20

Seems like an attempt to encourage people to do their hydra keys.

Not something i am personally a fan of, however i am a HUGE fan of the new instant upgrade and i am surprised no thread exists on it.

Jun 13, 2022, 14:2306/13/22
11/16/20
trevor.wilson

Seems like an attempt to encourage people to do their hydra keys.

Not something i am personally a fan of, however i am a HUGE fan of the new instant upgrade and i am surprised no thread exists on it.

Welcome back Trevor?