All Categories

Problems in Arena

Problems in Arena

Search
Mar 2, 2022, 20:1103/02/22
01/25/20

Problems in Arena

@harleQuinn Many complaints about arena have continued to pop up in our clan chats and the forum. I realize that this is not the best time to try anther thread, but, i think it might be beneficial if we discussed the major problems and not the trivial one.

1st the team matching system. the power rating of the teams and what they can do is way out of sync.

2nd how many of the teams that are in arena are supposed to be there. Meaning are they still playing the game at all. 

the main question i have for Plarium is "Can you filter those teams that are not active?"

AND AS THEY KEEP SAYING NO TRASH TALKING, PUTTING DOWN OR BULLYING

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 2, 2022, 20:5103/02/22
06/25/20

1. Power ratings for teams are not meant to be evaluated as a "bigger is better". They are meant to guide you towards what type of team you're facing, and then, from there, attempt to figure out their specific makeup. You can generally assume that teams with powers less than 180K are probably speed nuke teams, and those with powers over 200K are probably go-second teams - but that's just a broad categorization. Experience will let you gauge them more effectively, to determine if you can win or not.

2. Teams are already removed if they are inactive. However, the specific teams being removed will always be fluid - every time they run the algorithm (which I believe happens monthly), there'll be a new set of teams removed, but there'll also constantly be teams joining the fray - either because they are new, or because they were existing accounts that are returning to the game. Especially at the lower ranks, the act of removing inactive teams will sometimes cause counter-intuitive behaviour - teams from Gold 4 being removed due to being inactive, I expect, will rejoin back at the bottom of the ladder, and it'll take quite a long time for them to climb back up.

My expectation is that your true plight has nothing to do with how the arena system works, and is entirely around not having built proper teams with proper gear. Feel free to post your roster, and I'm sure people can recommend improvements.

Mar 10, 2022, 18:4903/10/22
01/25/20

@kramaswamy.kr so essetially what you are saying is if you do not have 300 plus for speed you are not even in the game for arena is this correct? I just grabbed a team with the aura none less than 190 never got a turn. A with what you are telling me that is not good enough. Also let me explain that I am F2P the clan I am with also having issues. 

And as for improvements, F2P, on this end it feels like a Pay Wall. @harleQuinn if you are available feel free to join in the conversation. 

AGAIN the intent of this is not for people to ridicule but to iform and learn something new in a polite and friendly manner. If you cannot do this then please do not comment.

Mar 10, 2022, 18:5503/10/22
06/25/20
catsmeow332000

@kramaswamy.kr so essetially what you are saying is if you do not have 300 plus for speed you are not even in the game for arena is this correct? I just grabbed a team with the aura none less than 190 never got a turn. A with what you are telling me that is not good enough. Also let me explain that I am F2P the clan I am with also having issues. 

And as for improvements, F2P, on this end it feels like a Pay Wall. @harleQuinn if you are available feel free to join in the conversation. 

AGAIN the intent of this is not for people to ridicule but to iform and learn something new in a polite and friendly manner. If you cannot do this then please do not comment.

If you feel my response was ridiculing ... then you might need a bit thicker skin :/

Your response doesn't really address any of what I said, and instead introduces some new conversation points, so ... to respond to your new statements, yes, if you do not have 300+ speed, you do not belong in gold, let alone high enough to reach G4.

But again, since you aren't giving any real context at all into your specific problems, it's hard to answer. If you truly want to try to improve your current situation, then feel free to post your roster and we can try to find you a better team. If you want to just vent, go ahead.

Mar 10, 2022, 22:1103/10/22
03/30/21

When i started playing a year ago, 290 speed got you into gold with a speed nuke team. Now, my arbiter is 339 speed and i win about half my speed races and on reset i have to work hard to stay in gold 4.

The goalposts constantly move which means for new players it is constantly harder to get their arbiter. That doesnt feel like a good system to me. As you play you should progress ranks, not struggle to stay static.

The addition of gold 5 did not fix a thing.  I dont understand how they thought it would to be frank.

I think veterans may be a bit out of touch with just how rough it is for new players, and if things continue then the task facing new players six months from now will be even rougher.

Mar 10, 2022, 22:3303/10/22
06/25/20
BenHuyAmon

When i started playing a year ago, 290 speed got you into gold with a speed nuke team. Now, my arbiter is 339 speed and i win about half my speed races and on reset i have to work hard to stay in gold 4.

The goalposts constantly move which means for new players it is constantly harder to get their arbiter. That doesnt feel like a good system to me. As you play you should progress ranks, not struggle to stay static.

The addition of gold 5 did not fix a thing.  I dont understand how they thought it would to be frank.

I think veterans may be a bit out of touch with just how rough it is for new players, and if things continue then the task facing new players six months from now will be even rougher.

I don't think it's a question of being out of touch or not. All we can do is offer advice based on the reality. We can't change how Plarium decides the brackets or points.

The reason why G5 hasn't really done much, I think, is because it just takes too much effort right now to go from G4 to G5. I occasionally flirt with the 3500 point requirement, but I don't have the patience to force my way into G5, since the rewards aren't any better. There isn't really any incentive for me to try to move up to G5, so I'm content with just staying in G4, where the fights are easier.

The only reason why any of this is even a discussion point, though, is because Arbiter is tied to G4. When they made this game years ago, G4 likely was a lot simpler to reach, and therefore it made sense for that to be the benchmark. That being said, I don't think Plarium has any intention of changing this, so the best that people can hope for is to find workable teams to get around their lack of Arbiter.

Mar 12, 2022, 12:1503/12/22
01/25/20
kramaswamy.kr

If you feel my response was ridiculing ... then you might need a bit thicker skin :/

Your response doesn't really address any of what I said, and instead introduces some new conversation points, so ... to respond to your new statements, yes, if you do not have 300+ speed, you do not belong in gold, let alone high enough to reach G4.

But again, since you aren't giving any real context at all into your specific problems, it's hard to answer. If you truly want to try to improve your current situation, then feel free to post your roster and we can try to find you a better team. If you want to just vent, go ahead.

Vent well maybe... lol. No i did not feel that your response is ridiculing I am just attempting to keep the jerks out of the conversation. I do appologigse if that is what came across.

Venting and voicing my issues is a way of trying to figure out what i can do with what i have on hand. Not trying to be secretive about the tools and teams just want to do this on my own, if you understand. But right now have hit a walll and was needing a knowledgable sounding board to work this out. I do appreciate the advice and have been using it to my advantage. Please feel free to speak freely you are helping  I just can be dense sometimes. Right now i am trying to figure out the synergy for my teams and what i need to do. Dark Fae is a no go for now. right now i need to upgrade my CB team and arena. I guess what I am not understanding is how to make the synergy work.

Please above all else do not forget i am f2p.

Mar 12, 2022, 13:2303/12/22
10/15/20

Dark Fae is pretty easy compared to other DT bosses. You fight vs. your own team, but you go first. The opponents are exact copies of your team, so you can influence their stats. Take a speed nuke arena team with high attack and squishy champs that get one-shotted in round one. Unlike in real arena, you know you are allways faster, because with exact same speed the attacker goes first. As 5th Armiger (or somebody with similar kit) to keep the turnmeter of the Fae herself down after you killed the copies.

Do not use tanky champs with high hp and def. They will survive the big nuke, and as long as copies are alive, the Dark Fae is veiled, so your Armiger can't attack her and reduce her tm, and therefore she will get even more turns. If she gets to many turns, she will use her skill that steals one of your champs into her team, so she stays veiled and you are trapped into a cycle where you can't attack her. The copies of your team have to go down in round 1 of the fight from one big hit, so you can take care of the Fae.

I don't know if you have a Coldheart, that would be another fantastic champ for this fight. Squishy stats, high damage and 100% tm reduce on her A3. 

Mar 12, 2022, 17:5703/12/22
01/25/20

dark fae is a waste of time for me if i dont use tanks i lose all but 2 then Fae attacks first then her copies attack and its over. i take that back i get first hit but the hits are nerfed and no good all dead after that.

Mar 12, 2022, 18:4703/12/22
Mar 12, 2022, 19:02(edited)
10/15/20
catsmeow332000

dark fae is a waste of time for me if i dont use tanks i lose all but 2 then Fae attacks first then her copies attack and its over. i take that back i get first hit but the hits are nerfed and no good all dead after that.

If you want to beat the stage just once, invest some silver and remove eventual tanky gear with hp% or def% from your champs for this fight. After you have beaten the stage, you can equip the artifacts again. Your champs get weaker, but your opponents get weaker as well, they are exact copies.

Or, something that would help everywhere, increase the dam of your damage dealer. If you don't use tanks and still 2 champs survive your attack, there seems to be something wrong with the stats of your damage dealer. Why do non-tanks survive his attack?

Mar 12, 2022, 18:4903/12/22
06/25/20
catsmeow332000

I find her to be one of the easier fights. I just use my normal lineup, and since I always automatically win the speed race, it's effortless to ensure I wipe out the other team. I find it strange that you feel the need to run tanks. Is it possible that your nukers are simply not well-geared enough to take out the team?

Mar 16, 2022, 12:4003/16/22
kramaswamy.kr

1. Power ratings for teams are not meant to be evaluated as a "bigger is better". They are meant to guide you towards what type of team you're facing, and then, from there, attempt to figure out their specific makeup. You can generally assume that teams with powers less than 180K are probably speed nuke teams, and those with powers over 200K are probably go-second teams - but that's just a broad categorization. Experience will let you gauge them more effectively, to determine if you can win or not.

2. Teams are already removed if they are inactive. However, the specific teams being removed will always be fluid - every time they run the algorithm (which I believe happens monthly), there'll be a new set of teams removed, but there'll also constantly be teams joining the fray - either because they are new, or because they were existing accounts that are returning to the game. Especially at the lower ranks, the act of removing inactive teams will sometimes cause counter-intuitive behaviour - teams from Gold 4 being removed due to being inactive, I expect, will rejoin back at the bottom of the ladder, and it'll take quite a long time for them to climb back up.

My expectation is that your true plight has nothing to do with how the arena system works, and is entirely around not having built proper teams with proper gear. Feel free to post your roster, and I'm sure people can recommend improvements.

1st

I think its time to watch Hellhades 5 days old youtube video, its tell everything: "ARENA SUCKS! 2nd SIX STAR MAKING CB GAINS! FTP 2022 Day 32 | Raid: Shadow Legends "

If an old content creator said this, should be listen to problems.

Dont forget , Arena connected for the PVE progression too, if cant upgrade the Great Hall cant get percentage bonuses too, and i didnt talk Arbiter mission.

Ok team power rating is not everything, but player power rate bring more powerful enemies to Arena too. Other thing with the new point system (3-17)  to setback younger players for progression and they just struggling in arena.

Mar 16, 2022, 14:3703/16/22
Mar 16, 2022, 14:39(edited)
06/25/20
Deleted

1st

I think its time to watch Hellhades 5 days old youtube video, its tell everything: "ARENA SUCKS! 2nd SIX STAR MAKING CB GAINS! FTP 2022 Day 32 | Raid: Shadow Legends "

If an old content creator said this, should be listen to problems.

Dont forget , Arena connected for the PVE progression too, if cant upgrade the Great Hall cant get percentage bonuses too, and i didnt talk Arbiter mission.

Ok team power rating is not everything, but player power rate bring more powerful enemies to Arena too. Other thing with the new point system (3-17)  to setback younger players for progression and they just struggling in arena.

... I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are saying. I'm not going to go watch some random video, so if you have something you want to contribute here, say it here.

The fact that arena is connected to missions and great halls is a valid point, but it's not one that I said anything about in my post you are quoting. Not once were either progress missions or great hall bonuses mentioned in this thread until your post (other than a small response I made to another comment).

As for your last comment - half of it is relevant to this thread, the other half is your same complaint you brought up in another hijacked thread. Feel free to discuss that point further in that other thread, but don't drag your issues into random other topics.

So, specifically to respond to the only thing you said relevant to this thread - no, player power does not bring more powerful enemies to arena, with the sole exception of those newer accounts. Once you get out of the "new account" bucket, you're subject to the same rules as everyone else - namely, you get a list of opponents based on your arena rating.

Mar 17, 2022, 05:4103/17/22

Sry if you dont want to listen what say other else, you are not a constructive partner of conversation. You want to hear just your voices.

Second thing "no, player power does not bring more powerful enemies to arena"

You should be know if you something tell it from PvP, what rules belongs to the game.

Yes. the player power bring more stonger enemies for their opponents, Plarium changed this long time ago.

From Oracle CM older message: "Hi, !  Thank you for your interest in the gameplay mechanics and active exploration of the game! Yes, your assumption is correct - Player power
 indeed impacts matchmaking on the Classic Arena, so, all other things
being equal, you are more likely to encounter more opponents with
Player  power relatively close to that of yours. However, there are also
some  other factors that influence what sort of teams you will see
after a  refresh, with the previous performance on the arena being the
most  significant."

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaidShadowLegends/comments/mc69kn/yes_account_power_impacts_arena_matchmaking_and/ 

Mar 18, 2022, 20:1903/18/22
04/19/20

removing speed  will solve arena simple as that

i mean locking speed boost and only make  champion speed

so if champion is speed 103  it will stay 103

of course boost from speed artifect or nukers should stay

i mean focusing on champion ho has higher speed as starter can change arena and tactics

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 18, 2022, 20:3003/18/22
12/30/20
azuredarko

removing speed  will solve arena simple as that

i mean locking speed boost and only make  champion speed

so if champion is speed 103  it will stay 103

of course boost from speed artifect or nukers should stay

i mean focusing on champion ho has higher speed as starter can change arena and tactics

I understand that speed requirements can be frustrating but removing entire stats from the arena equation wouldn't make for a healthy game. This would simply limit the options a player has in building out their comps. 

This specific instance would make the game even more champion dependent, whereas gear grind can mitigate some of the issues with lacking certain champions, and can open up alternate strategies/counters, such as a tanky/high RES go second team. 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 18, 2022, 21:0103/18/22
02/24/19

I notice I was tagged a couple times to join this conversation, but I am afraid you might not appreciate my thoughts, @CatsMeow

First of all, teams are already removed when they are inactive. Plarium automatically refreshes the arena pool, taking away accounts that are not being played. They do not just fall endlessly to Bronze and just sit in Bronze forever as a wall, even though sometimes it may feel that way when you are struggling in Arena.

Second of all, I am F2P and struggled my way up into Silver, then Gold, and now sit in Gold 5. I share this so you know that I understand how tough it is to improve in Arena. Videos like the one below helped me finally progress:

How to build a great speed/nuke team to climb to Silver and Gold Arena: https://youtu.be/rfTNsJSPLOM 

Thirdly, team power does not mean anything for your potential to beat a team. Instead, it is about using the opposing team's power as a guide to tell you what team you want to bring in to oppose the enemy team. I am going to drop some screens below to show that I change my champs and attacking squad to match the opposing champs and opposing team power. This is where the steep learning curve of Arena comes in. Learning the matchups and learning what "style" of teams you can easily defeat and where you might struggle. Let me show you a little bit of what I mean below, using all the champs I have done fusions for, earned with missions, or been lucky enough to pull since 2019. You may notice every one of these teams has a higher team power than me:

i

A match against a very high team power, beating me by about 150k. But Hege decreases Siphi's orTM with his A1, ensuring my Arbiter goes first. Then I lock in the enemy squad with Maulie's provoke, they all get to go and smack her, getting rid of Swift Parry buffs, then my Big'Un goes and cleans up.

i

Another matchup similar to the last.

i

And this is the setup I use when faced with Cardinal revive teams. Deny TM, smack, block revive with Lydia.

i

Are we going to need to buff strip a slow team? Deny their TM and hit them with a very, very accurate Serris.

i

Somebody has a poorly built a defense team based around Tormin? Clear those freezes with Hakkorhn or Maus Mage and smack with Seer. 

i

And here is me just getting SMACKED, even with a Hegemon and even with a crazily well built Dark Elhain to counter Tormin. (Not included were the two Hakkorhn attempts where I also got quickly smacked down.) This one is included to show that sometimes someone else's gear and team build just can beat you, and beat you handily, even over multiple attempts with multiple teams.

The best thing I can do to beat GremlinBoi, my fellow mod, is to farm more gear. Becuase right now, his superior gear is overcoming any advantages I have in champ selection, or from being the attacker. His resistances and speeds beat my account's speeds and accuracy.

In summary, if you want to make gold, we are here to help. But it will take time to farm gear, and lots of time building champs and learning the meta. I was struggling way back when to push Silver 1, doing it with combinations of High Khatun, Spirithost, Dhukk, Athel and Rowan, eventually with Dark Elhain and Klodd too. Eventually you get better and better champs from top chesting NM and UNM clan boss and getting shards, and even later, pull a Tormin or a Hege or Siphi and Rotos, or Trunda or Foli.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 18, 2022, 21:0803/18/22
02/24/19

And I know the champs above are daunting, so here is some stuff from a second account I was playing on for a bit, totally F2P. Team Power doesn't mean you will win or lose:

i

i

i

And before I get complaints, Madame Serris was a guaranteed champ in an event a while back, so was obtainable if you had saved I think 20 Voids, and since this account was hitting NM and UNM CB, they were available. I am sure I will get complaints anyways, but you can replace Serris with Dhukk, Uugo, or Stagt Knight and achieve similar, although not identical results. The trick was farming enough Campaign Rare Speed gear and Dragon to get my High Khatun to 295+ speed.

i

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 18, 2022, 21:1503/18/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

I both know the second point works as you state Krama, and have experienced it. As someone who took a break on her account for a decent while, I can tell you that when I picked up Arena again, that I was placed back into Bronze 1 when rejoining. 

So there was a day there where new players could POTENTIALLY be facing me. However, this wasn't the case since Player Power is one of the compenents used to match people in Bronze and Silver, so I was matched only against teams with 1.5mil plus player power, teams falling from inactivity, or rejoining the game like I did.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 18, 2022, 21:1903/18/22
02/24/19
catsmeow332000

Vent well maybe... lol. No i did not feel that your response is ridiculing I am just attempting to keep the jerks out of the conversation. I do appologigse if that is what came across.

Venting and voicing my issues is a way of trying to figure out what i can do with what i have on hand. Not trying to be secretive about the tools and teams just want to do this on my own, if you understand. But right now have hit a walll and was needing a knowledgable sounding board to work this out. I do appreciate the advice and have been using it to my advantage. Please feel free to speak freely you are helping  I just can be dense sometimes. Right now i am trying to figure out the synergy for my teams and what i need to do. Dark Fae is a no go for now. right now i need to upgrade my CB team and arena. I guess what I am not understanding is how to make the synergy work.

Please above all else do not forget i am f2p.

Although it no longer looks it, I know the F2P struggle. Please post your roster in a new thread, or even here, and we will help you with a team, strategy and potential next steps to growing your account, using the experience we have from doing it ourselves. Would love to help you get to Gold 4. Not a quick journey, but can be qutie rewarding. I was SO PUMPED to hit Silver for the first time, and then Gold, then Gold 4, and finally Plat. Still, that first time I peeked into Silver and completed that mission was the best one and most exciting. :D

Mar 18, 2022, 21:2603/18/22
06/25/20

Do you find that Dark Elhain actually works to counter Tormin? I've considered building her, because I am just so fed up with that champ. Nothing I have truly counters him. My best bet is to run my Mortu team and hope that I get a Peril proc that isn't locked out by his freeze.