I hate tag arena

I hate tag arena

Search
Comments
Jan 5, 2022, 20:5601/05/22
Jan 5, 2022, 20:56(edited)
05/26/20
devlin71

I don't know why they won't just embiggen the lower tiers.  B2 is essentially nothing but endgame accounts.  

They need to increase ALL of the tiers. Current limits are ridiculous. 

Either Trips is correct and Plarium wants that to be an intentional paywall, or whoever makes the decisions on those bracket numbers is utterly incapable of comprehending the scale of participation.

Plarium should go back to school and work a little harder on math!

Jan 5, 2022, 23:5001/05/22
12/19/19
devlin71

I don't know why they won't just embiggen the lower tiers.  B2 is essentially nothing but endgame accounts.  

Embiggen? 

Is that an actual word? I like it either way, 

Jan 6, 2022, 03:4301/06/22
01/19/21
Trips

Embiggen? 

Is that an actual word? I like it either way, 

It's a perfectly cromulent word.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 6, 2022, 06:1001/06/22
02/24/19

i

Jan 6, 2022, 08:1901/06/22
04/02/19

Just to get back on track - this is what's happening as teams get stronger with guardians and empowerment, and this was in S3 - looking more and more like my final resting place 🙁

i

Jan 6, 2022, 15:0201/06/22
12/19/19
forrestleigh

Just to get back on track - this is what's happening as teams get stronger with guardians and empowerment, and this was in S3 - looking more and more like my final resting place 🙁

i

Do you get Yoshi and Lady Kimi from the events?

Jan 6, 2022, 16:2301/06/22
05/26/20
forrestleigh

i

That guy is intentionally dropping rank. Expect to see more of that as Plarium's broken tag ranking system matures.

If I can ever get over the ridiculous S4 to G1 hump and complete the silly mission I plan to drop to S1/S2 and live there. As much as I'd like a sacred and lego book every month, the no-fun frustration of tag just isn't worth it. I'd rather live in Silver and re-join the MOTH club.

Jan 6, 2022, 16:5101/06/22
04/02/19
Rauthma

That guy is intentionally dropping rank. Expect to see more of that as Plarium's broken tag ranking system matures.

If I can ever get over the ridiculous S4 to G1 hump and complete the silly mission I plan to drop to S1/S2 and live there. As much as I'd like a sacred and lego book every month, the no-fun frustration of tag just isn't worth it. I'd rather live in Silver and re-join the MOTH club.

Better than me then, I can't break S3 - S4 so I've no chance of G1 if I ever get S4, trouble is I can be green when it's time to sleep and as the feeding frenzy starts while I'm asleep inevitably I start again in S3

Broken as soon as they decided on the ridiculous advancement system, though I guess that was intentional to protect the whales and not give away Ramantu to the unworthy 

Jan 6, 2022, 17:3301/06/22
Jan 6, 2022, 17:34(edited)
05/26/20
forrestleigh

Better than me then, I can't break S3 - S4 so I've no chance of G1 if I ever get S4, trouble is I can be green when it's time to sleep and as the feeding frenzy starts while I'm asleep inevitably I start again in S3

Broken as soon as they decided on the ridiculous advancement system, though I guess that was intentional to protect the whales and not give away Ramantu to the unworthy 

The Trips theory is that the system is an intentional paywall to get people to pull/buy shards out of frustration, which is a pretty crappy way to treat your players.

I don't think Tag rank should be a barometer of "worthiness" to earn a champion. If a player can do every other mission in that chain, they've put in their time and effort. Some of the missions are pure cheese, but others do take some time, luck and effort. The difference is that they CAN be done without having six teams of meta Arena champs. 

The player power creep makes Tag rank a moving goal post that effectively shuts out new entries to the gold ranks. If someone can get into G1 but gets demoted the next reset, odds are pretty good they will either advance again or stay in the S4 slot. For example, I've been in S4 solidly for months because I don't have enough of the meta champs to advance to G1 (I don't care how many times someone says "Git Gud" - if you don't have the same champs you see over and over again you AREN'T making the cut). So I'm effectively holding an S4 slot. If I drop to S3, the odds are good that I will make S4 again the next week. So good luck trying to get into S4, which is 100 times easier than S4 to G1. 

The G1 mission is effectively backlogged. So unless they open those brackets considerably or implement a handicap system, the REAL number of people that can advance is effectively MUCH smaller than the already ridiculously low number of available advancement slots listed.

Some people are even changing their account names to some variation of G1 mission in hopes that people will have mercy on them - which probably does them more harm than good in that effort. 

I expect the player outcry on this to increase as more people get stuck on that mission. Maybe Plarium will do something about it eventually, but they should have already if they actually pay attention.

Jan 7, 2022, 06:3201/07/22
10/30/21

most  people  will  probably  never  get  to  the  TTA  missions  lol.  They  will  realize  what  this  game  really  is  before  then  and  quit  and  go  back  to  games  that  are  p2w  but  also  very  f2p  friendly.

Jan 7, 2022, 08:1101/07/22
04/02/19
Rauthma

The Trips theory is that the system is an intentional paywall to get people to pull/buy shards out of frustration, which is a pretty crappy way to treat your players.

I don't think Tag rank should be a barometer of "worthiness" to earn a champion. If a player can do every other mission in that chain, they've put in their time and effort. Some of the missions are pure cheese, but others do take some time, luck and effort. The difference is that they CAN be done without having six teams of meta Arena champs. 

The player power creep makes Tag rank a moving goal post that effectively shuts out new entries to the gold ranks. If someone can get into G1 but gets demoted the next reset, odds are pretty good they will either advance again or stay in the S4 slot. For example, I've been in S4 solidly for months because I don't have enough of the meta champs to advance to G1 (I don't care how many times someone says "Git Gud" - if you don't have the same champs you see over and over again you AREN'T making the cut). So I'm effectively holding an S4 slot. If I drop to S3, the odds are good that I will make S4 again the next week. So good luck trying to get into S4, which is 100 times easier than S4 to G1. 

The G1 mission is effectively backlogged. So unless they open those brackets considerably or implement a handicap system, the REAL number of people that can advance is effectively MUCH smaller than the already ridiculously low number of available advancement slots listed.

Some people are even changing their account names to some variation of G1 mission in hopes that people will have mercy on them - which probably does them more harm than good in that effort. 

I expect the player outcry on this to increase as more people get stuck on that mission. Maybe Plarium will do something about it eventually, but they should have already if they actually pay attention.

Excellent summary of the situation - it could actually get to the point where no 'new' players can get into S4/G1 and this will creep downwards through the levels

Jan 7, 2022, 14:4001/07/22
12/19/19

I expect royalty fees everytime "The Trips Theory" aka TTT is used.  

And @Rauthma 

GIT GUD already

Jan 7, 2022, 15:2801/07/22
05/26/20
Trips

I expect royalty fees everytime "The Trips Theory" aka TTT is used.  

And @Rauthma 

GIT GUD already

I was going to post some ASCII art for your royalty fee, but the moderators might not appreciate that...

Jan 7, 2022, 15:4001/07/22
12/19/19
Rauthma

I was going to post some ASCII art for your royalty fee, but the moderators might not appreciate that...

You are correct, this forum has taken a prudish turn.  I will just have to guess at what chars would have comprised the middle finger.

Jan 8, 2022, 11:1401/08/22
04/02/19
devlin71

Plarium must know the TAG issues, they created the paywalls so that's probably why they aren't doing anything or even acknowledging there is a problem

Jan 8, 2022, 11:3301/08/22
04/12/21
forrestleigh

Plarium must know the TAG issues, they created the paywalls so that's probably why they aren't doing anything or even acknowledging there is a problem

I do the tag for the gold bars so I can get Drexthar, finally, other than that not much interests me.

Jan 8, 2022, 12:3401/08/22
06/20/19
chris

they really need to move reset time 6 hours each rotation.  3am moves to 9am, then 3pm, then 9pm, etc.. gives everyone around the world a fair shot in a month span.

I disagree entirel! While I understand the reasoning, i.e. it would be fair for all the little boys and girls around the world, the fact is this would entirely f'up any sort of routine whatsoever.  I'd rather have reset the same time every day regardless of what that time is.  Yes, 10:00 would be better for me than 3:00, but having to change every single day would be a clusterF.  At least with consistency, I can plan accordingly.  Why complicate things?  I'd rather prefer simplicfication where possible.  Unfortunantly, given that the Earth is round and rotates on its axix, simplification is not possible.