All Categories

I hate tag arena

I hate tag arena

Search
Dec 29, 2021, 02:5012/29/21
01/12/20

I hate tag arena

Since im at the bottom of the heap as it were, im throwing my teams against any team near my power.  Since no bonus to stats is involved, im simply farming for gold bars, win or lose. 

Its amazing, im doing better than i thought i would. At this rate I'll have drexthar in no time. I still hate tag arena though.  

For players stuck in bronze 1 or 2, dont worry about winning, just focus on the bars since you still get bars for winning only one out of three. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 29, 2021, 04:3912/29/21
11/29/20

Everyone does.  Massive time sink.

Just wait until your missions start involving reaching high levels of tag, then you'll really hate it.  Everyone has a stall defense, so even if you have 3 good speed teams you still end up a few minutes each matchup, and you can do 60 in a day.

Dec 29, 2021, 15:0412/29/21
04/02/19
chris

Everyone does.  Massive time sink.

Just wait until your missions start involving reaching high levels of tag, then you'll really hate it.  Everyone has a stall defense, so even if you have 3 good speed teams you still end up a few minutes each matchup, and you can do 60 in a day.

I'm not sure I agree with the 60 a day - I need to get to S4 to complete my next mission and while I'm comfortable staying in S3 to get into S4 is just about unachievable, I have good teams, good defence and you're right about the speed teams, folk put up a speed team and two heavy defence teams, a solid defence can take out a speed team so it's hugely difficult, especially as they don't have to do anything, just defend

This is an increasing problem as more and more players will get to this mission, and as spaces are so limited, and unlike classic you can't move up when you get to a certain points level it will only get worse

I know it will never happen but I would like to see the metrics around how many new players (not those who have already been there) move up from S3 to S4 and how many new players move up from S4 to G1 each week - I'd put money it's not many and decreasing each week

Dec 29, 2021, 15:2912/29/21
12/19/19
forrestleigh

I'm not sure I agree with the 60 a day - I need to get to S4 to complete my next mission and while I'm comfortable staying in S3 to get into S4 is just about unachievable, I have good teams, good defence and you're right about the speed teams, folk put up a speed team and two heavy defence teams, a solid defence can take out a speed team so it's hugely difficult, especially as they don't have to do anything, just defend

This is an increasing problem as more and more players will get to this mission, and as spaces are so limited, and unlike classic you can't move up when you get to a certain points level it will only get worse

I know it will never happen but I would like to see the metrics around how many new players (not those who have already been there) move up from S3 to S4 and how many new players move up from S4 to G1 each week - I'd put money it's not many and decreasing each week

Not to put more piss in your cheerios, but S4>G1 is 1000x times more difficult than S3>S4...

By definition that number has to decrease each week, unless people that complete G1 mission say eff tag and decide to sit in silver 1 or lower and just do 5 a day.

Dec 29, 2021, 23:0612/29/21
05/26/20
Trips

Not to put more piss in your cheerios, but S4>G1 is 1000x times more difficult than S3>S4...

By definition that number has to decrease each week, unless people that complete G1 mission say eff tag and decide to sit in silver 1 or lower and just do 5 a day.

S4 to G1 is ridiculous. There is a HUGE backlog of abnormally powerful accounts (hrmmm...whales) that are stuck in S4 and can't move up because Plarium somehow decided that the entire Gold tier bracket should only be open to less than 1% of the player base with that ridiculously low static number. 

I've been stuck in S4 for months and I can't get over the hump for G1. I have some, but not enough, of the arena meta champs and primo gear to pull it off. Even if I'm safely in green on Sunday afternoon, you can bet I'll get beat down hard in the final hours before reset. It also doesn't help when the game freezes on loading into a match and you get an automatic loss. How hard would it be to change the code so that it only counts a loss if a champion takes a turn first? That is beyond frustrating. People aren't killing the game on loading screen to get out of matches. I don't see how that could be exploited. Just make it so if no one takes a turn, the match never happened.

Of course this backlog rolls downhill, which is why newer accounts complain that they can't even move up in Bronze due to the strength of teams even at the bottom. 

They don't have to ruin the competitive structure of TTA with wonky shenanigans like they did to Classic. They can just boost the brackets up by a healthy margin (preferably as a percentage of active participants) and the problem will be solved. People will have places to advance to and the whales will still be able to dominate, just in a higher tier.

Dec 29, 2021, 23:1912/29/21
11/29/20
Rauthma

S4 to G1 is ridiculous. There is a HUGE backlog of abnormally powerful accounts (hrmmm...whales) that are stuck in S4 and can't move up because Plarium somehow decided that the entire Gold tier bracket should only be open to less than 1% of the player base with that ridiculously low static number. 

I've been stuck in S4 for months and I can't get over the hump for G1. I have some, but not enough, of the arena meta champs and primo gear to pull it off. Even if I'm safely in green on Sunday afternoon, you can bet I'll get beat down hard in the final hours before reset. It also doesn't help when the game freezes on loading into a match and you get an automatic loss. How hard would it be to change the code so that it only counts a loss if a champion takes a turn first? That is beyond frustrating. People aren't killing the game on loading screen to get out of matches. I don't see how that could be exploited. Just make it so if no one takes a turn, the match never happened.

Of course this backlog rolls downhill, which is why newer accounts complain that they can't even move up in Bronze due to the strength of teams even at the bottom. 

They don't have to ruin the competitive structure of TTA with wonky shenanigans like they did to Classic. They can just boost the brackets up by a healthy margin (preferably as a percentage of active participants) and the problem will be solved. People will have places to advance to and the whales will still be able to dominate, just in a higher tier.

Or just remove tag from the mission objectives.  They should remove classic from them too in my opinion.

Dec 29, 2021, 23:4612/29/21
05/26/20
chris

Or just remove tag from the mission objectives.  They should remove classic from them too in my opinion.

I understand that the missions are meant to reach certain milestones in different areas of the game. I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with their math though.

In classic there are no limits to the tiers, outside of Platinum. You will get there eventually.

Tag is a different story though. It's backed up like an old man with a dietary fiber deficiency, while Plarium plays the part of the neglectful nurse feeding him nothing but summer sausage and Panda Express...

Dec 30, 2021, 00:3012/30/21
01/04/20
Rauthma

I understand that the missions are meant to reach certain milestones in different areas of the game. I don't have a problem with that. I do have a problem with their math though.

In classic there are no limits to the tiers, outside of Platinum. You will get there eventually.

Tag is a different story though. It's backed up like an old man with a dietary fiber deficiency, while Plarium plays the part of the neglectful nurse feeding him nothing but summer sausage and Panda Express...

I don't know specifics, but Plarium has a lot planned for pvp in 2022. We'll see what happens. 

Dec 30, 2021, 00:5212/30/21
05/26/20
Harbby

I don't know specifics, but Plarium has a lot planned for pvp in 2022. We'll see what happens. 

Well I hope they take a look at TTA before adding anything else. Most players weren't thrilled about it to begin with and it hasn't aged well. Both the daily advanced quest and the roadblock for missions didn't make players like it any more, even if the sense is that it can't just be outright ignored any more if you want that daily energy refill and/or eventually want to get Ramantu completed.

Dec 30, 2021, 00:5512/30/21
01/12/20
Harbby

Whats planned? Making it harder? Making it take more time to do pvp?  Increasing the points you lose with each defeat? Reducing the points you get with each victory?

At this point I've had my fill of plarium and their pvp. Out of all the games ive played, this version of pvp is utter trash. For every loss you have to win two more to make up for the loss and to get more points.  Plarium wants everyone doing pvp but they insist on punishing you which discourages players from even wanting to do pvp.  Limiting the number of players in each tier only makes it hard for non whales to move up in bronze from one to two and stay in bronze two.

And the fact the whales are being showered in gold bars while other players get barely a pittance is making tag even more unbalanced.  

Dec 30, 2021, 00:5712/30/21
01/04/20
FrederickPabst

Whats planned? Making it harder? Making it take more time to do pvp?  Increasing the points you lose with each defeat? Reducing the points you get with each victory?

At this point I've had my fill of plarium and their pvp. Out of all the games ive played, this version of pvp is utter trash. For every loss you have to win two more to make up for the loss and to get more points.  Plarium wants everyone doing pvp but they insist on punishing you which discourages players from even wanting to do pvp.  Limiting the number of players in each tier only makes it hard for non whales to move up in bronze from one to two and stay in bronze two.

And the fact the whales are being showered in gold bars while other players get barely a pittance is making tag even more unbalanced.  

Out of all the games ive played, this version of pvp is utter trash.

That would probably be why they're going to focus on pvp this coming year. 

Dec 30, 2021, 10:4712/30/21
04/02/19
Trips

True - and as you say it will get harder - I saw my first million power tag team (3 teams overall power obviously) but there will be more because whales will fill guardian slots, empower champs and fill their defence.  I can be in green but in the last few hours always get knocked out as the whales cement their place

FGS Plarium give us a point target to aim for like classic, and make more spaces in the top tiers

Dec 30, 2021, 14:3712/30/21
12/19/19
forrestleigh

True - and as you say it will get harder - I saw my first million power tag team (3 teams overall power obviously) but there will be more because whales will fill guardian slots, empower champs and fill their defence.  I can be in green but in the last few hours always get knocked out as the whales cement their place

FGS Plarium give us a point target to aim for like classic, and make more spaces in the top tiers

My main account was able to sneak back into G1 once a month so I could buy lego book.  It's been 2 months I think since I've been able to do that.  But to be fair its 2/3 (or entirely) my fault.  I get into green all week as well, but play less on weekend sometimes just get 5 in for daily, whereas many play more on weekends especially in tag.  I go to sleep well before reset, be nice to be able to "bubble up" and not be able to be attacked for 3 hours lol.  But my biggest problem is I haven't built any new champs specific to arena.  Everyone else getting better and I am standing still.  I just put gear on Kimi (how long ago was that event?) , I have a naked Riho! My arbiter is same speed (less than 340) for 3+ months... Gold tag is true end game, but if we put 90% of our efforts into other areas of game (building pointless 1 key UNM team, hydra, 30 second dungeon teams instead of 1 minute, ...) while others get better in tag.

All that said, I agree they could increase the number allowed in Gold... but that paywall is by design so not gonna happen.

Jan 2, 2022, 16:0701/02/22
12/19/19

i

Lol, seeing lots of names like this.

And Sunday morning is a bloodbath in tag...

Jan 2, 2022, 19:4001/02/22
10/30/21

Why  is  reset  at  3am  anyway?  I  mean  most  people  work  monday  morning  so....  tf.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 2, 2022, 20:0001/02/22
12/30/20
Yolo Han Solo

Why  is  reset  at  3am  anyway?  I  mean  most  people  work  monday  morning  so....  tf.

because it is a game played around the world?

Jan 2, 2022, 22:0901/02/22
11/29/20

they really need to move reset time 6 hours each rotation.  3am moves to 9am, then 3pm, then 9pm, etc.. gives everyone around the world a fair shot in a month span.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 2, 2022, 22:1801/02/22
Jan 2, 2022, 22:19(edited)
02/24/19
chris

they really need to move reset time 6 hours each rotation.  3am moves to 9am, then 3pm, then 9pm, etc.. gives everyone around the world a fair shot in a month span.

I like this idea a great deal! :)

Jan 3, 2022, 17:5701/03/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

I like this idea a great deal! :)

+1

Being asleep at reset is one of the biggest hurdles for me in Tag.

The other is the frequency of "freezes" loading battle.  PLEASE ask them to consider not counting the battle until it fully loads.  Take my token, but call it a no contest and not a 30ish point loss...

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 3, 2022, 17:5801/03/22
02/24/19
Trips

+1

Being asleep at reset is one of the biggest hurdles for me in Tag.

The other is the frequency of "freezes" loading battle.  PLEASE ask them to consider not counting the battle until it fully loads.  Take my token, but call it a no contest and not a 30ish point loss...

Yeah. I don't know why it does that? Are they trying to prevent people from seeing the defense, or perhaps noticing they are losing, and then quitting out and not losing points?

Jan 3, 2022, 18:4901/03/22
08/01/21

I don't know why they won't just embiggen the lower tiers.  B2 is essentially nothing but endgame accounts.