All Categories

Arena

Arena

Search
Sep 30, 2021, 17:5909/30/21
09/02/21

Arena

To win you get 8 points up if you lose you go back 13 points so it is nearly impossible to tier up whales are in silver and gold is far worse 4ook players in gold one against those just over 100k there has to be away to pair it so its more fair to everyone even if they change it to 13 win and 8 loss would be some help but I think they need to make it so huge players can go platium easier so the rest can at least try to play 

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Oct 2, 2021, 02:5710/02/21
02/24/19

Post your arena team and builds if you'd like, and we can see about giving you a hand. :) Some of the folks on here have really solid advice.

Oct 2, 2021, 12:3910/02/21
10/29/20

I agree, the matching needs work. I tier up to silver 1 and get knocked down when I go offline. Then I have to pick my way back up again, bypassing players with higher power levels.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 2, 2021, 14:5810/02/21
02/24/19

Power levels mean very little, at least once you get a team put together. It took my a long, long time to climb out of Bronze, and then I stabilzed in Silver for a bit, then finally stabilized in Gold. I have been in gold for a very long time now.

Hellhades helped me out a lot. Perhaps take a look at this account takeover and build? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfTNsJSPLOM

Oct 2, 2021, 23:0410/02/21
04/19/20

arena is back to be very hard 

Oct 4, 2021, 17:1510/04/21
02/24/20

I held my own in Gold 4 for quite a while. The bot pages in G4 helped me start to improve my great hall.  Three and a half months ago, I dropped out of gold 4 and then every reset after I slipped further and further down the ladder.  This morning I woke up in Gold 1.  Then 75 rubies later I finally was able to beat only one team for a few points.  

The bot pages really helped while in gold 4, but those bot pages are non-existent in Gold 3, 2 and 1. A couple of my friends have already slipped back into silver.  Something needs to be done to insure a more fair match up of teams.  Or the arena should be taken out of any missions that require it to progress in the game.

Oct 4, 2021, 20:0710/04/21
10/19/19

Did Plarium make changes to Arena matching again?????

Oct 4, 2021, 20:2110/04/21
10/19/19
harleQuinn

Power levels mean very little, at least once you get a team put together. It took my a long, long time to climb out of Bronze, and then I stabilzed in Silver for a bit, then finally stabilized in Gold. I have been in gold for a very long time now.

Hellhades helped me out a lot. Perhaps take a look at this account takeover and build? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfTNsJSPLOM

So....if power levels mean very little....how does Plarium justify the matchups we have to deal with in the Arena level we are in? I find myself dropping to Gold 2, after being in Gold 4 for the last 5-6 weeks and have an Arena team that has a team power of 156 (Skullcrown lead, Miscreated 2nd, Skullcrusher 3rd, and Scyl 4th. Pretty solid. I'm getting 1 shot in Gold 2 by teams with a team power of 97. Please justify this.

Oct 4, 2021, 20:4010/04/21
04/14/20
Werst

So....if power levels mean very little....how does Plarium justify the matchups we have to deal with in the Arena level we are in? I find myself dropping to Gold 2, after being in Gold 4 for the last 5-6 weeks and have an Arena team that has a team power of 156 (Skullcrown lead, Miscreated 2nd, Skullcrusher 3rd, and Scyl 4th. Pretty solid. I'm getting 1 shot in Gold 2 by teams with a team power of 97. Please justify this.

Not to be negative, but that's not a very good team you have - it won't quickly take out opponents unless they're badly built, what with lacking a decrease defense, while also not being sufficiently tanky to survive against decent speed nukes, either. Not surprising that you'd lose to 97k teams in gold 2 if those are in fact well-built speed nukes (which usually have a lower power than you'd expect, because speed plays basically no role in the power calculation). 

But yeah, Plarium after all this time still hasn't managed a reasonably balanced arena. You managed to get up to gold IV with a team that isn't good enough and in principle should never have gotten that high, because for a long time arena has been far too easy; but every once in a while, the cycle goes from too easy to too hard, with lots of people dropping down like stones. 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 5, 2021, 07:2610/05/21
02/24/19
Werst

Looks like you're facing tougher teams. Frankly, without any speed booster at all, or any decrease defense, you're going to have a very hard time progressing in Arena. You will likely have a hard time remaining in gold. 

As you've now seen in this thread, power levels mean very little. They are heavily weighted towards resistance and critical stats. A speed nuke team might have lower power than your team, but they may be fast enough to go twice before you even get a turn.

Tale a look at that video, it could help you build a team that can be effective in Gold Arena. You have a great nuker in Skullcrown, and I'm sure you have at least High Khatun for speed and some AoE Dec Def champ like Uugo, Dhukk, Tayrel, etc...

Oct 5, 2021, 11:5810/05/21
04/18/20

"less cry and more work"

Oct 5, 2021, 12:2510/05/21
05/03/20
SirMedin

"less cry and more work"

Less rude and more help.

Oct 5, 2021, 12:4710/05/21
11/16/20
Werst

No speed boost.
No defense down.
Scyl useless in arena
Not solid.

Oct 5, 2021, 14:0110/05/21
02/14/21

Have to agree that your team needs alot of work.

From looking at it that is a good PVE team not so much for PVP.

As others have said no turn boost, no def down, no really stong nuker, no CC

Oct 5, 2021, 20:3510/05/21
02/24/20

What is the reason for dropping 300 to 400 points every week when the arena resets, please?

Oct 5, 2021, 21:3110/05/21
06/25/20
evilized6666

No speed boost.
No defense down.
Scyl useless in arena
Not solid.

I'll have to strongly disagree on point #3. Scyl is very much not useless in arena. She's a key element of my RES/DEF lineup, alongside MM, Brago, and Rhaz lead.

For that team, though, yes - I agree she is misplaced.

Oct 6, 2021, 01:0610/06/21
11/16/20
kramaswamy.kr

I'll have to strongly disagree on point #3. Scyl is very much not useless in arena. She's a key element of my RES/DEF lineup, alongside MM, Brago, and Rhaz lead.

For that team, though, yes - I agree she is misplaced.

It's very rare to see scyl used decently in arena comps. Like what you listed in a very high def/res team she can work, it requires a very well geared team to work as well.

Most of the time you scyl in arena it's just lol yellow champ is best. If I see scyl on a arena team it is almost always a free win team.

But my post had to do with the quoted team anyways, and you could drop in rares into the scyl slot and do better.

Oct 6, 2021, 08:1210/06/21
Oct 6, 2021, 08:14(edited)
01/15/21
evilized6666

No speed boost.
No defense down.
Scyl useless in arena
Not solid.

Not sure on that? i sometimes use her in my third tag team (tanky with high res) and i get a higher win rate than my second tag team which is a speed nuke.

As for the op's team, its one i would make a point of attacking to be honest and it seems kind of random but i have seen worse teams, skullcrown alone can be a nuisance for newer players if she is well built.

Oct 7, 2021, 17:4810/07/21
05/13/19
Werst

Despite what  others  have  said  on  this  thread.

I  agree  with  you.

I  believe your  Arena  set  up  is  Deceptively Solid.

The  problem is  I  can't see  your  hero  builds.

I  see  a  Potentially Dangerious  team  from  the  heroes you  chose.

The  problem is  I  don't know if  you  have  the  correct  Hero  Builds  to  pull  it  off.

You  would  need  a  0  Speed  +  High  Resist SkullCrown.

You  would  need  a  300  Speed  Skullcrusher.

You  would  need  a  Shield  Miscreated  Monster.

You  would  need  a  Fenzy  Scyl.

I  believe with  such  a  set  up  I  could  reach  Gold  4.

The  set  up  would  have:

-  No  Turn  Meter  Filler

-  No  Defense  Down

Yet,  I  think  it  would  produce wins.

Oct 7, 2021, 18:2110/07/21
12/19/19

Lol. I like the team. Unfortunately, I don't think the OP has any of the champs geared that way nor the capability.  Would be a nice trap defense though.

Oct 8, 2021, 00:2110/08/21
10/19/19
harleQuinn

Looks like you're facing tougher teams. Frankly, without any speed booster at all, or any decrease defense, you're going to have a very hard time progressing in Arena. You will likely have a hard time remaining in gold. 

As you've now seen in this thread, power levels mean very little. They are heavily weighted towards resistance and critical stats. A speed nuke team might have lower power than your team, but they may be fast enough to go twice before you even get a turn.

Tale a look at that video, it could help you build a team that can be effective in Gold Arena. You have a great nuker in Skullcrown, and I'm sure you have at least High Khatun for speed and some AoE Dec Def champ like Uugo, Dhukk, Tayrel, etc...

Looking at 1 video from HH won't fix the problems inherent in the setup of the Arena System. What it comes down to is the fact that F2P players have no chance to progress in a Pay to Win game. Epic and Legendary books are only available at the very highest level rewards for Tournaments and Events and a F2P player will never have enough Resources to to get to the end of an Event Reward Tree or even think about winning a Tounament against Pay to Win players. I have 8 F2P Legos and only 2 are fully booked, in 2 1/2 years.

Speaking of watching videos, have you ever noticed that the videos they all post show their own team Powers are generally double the Team powers they are picking to fight against? Hmmmmm.....seems like it's the content creators that are contributing to the number of teams comprised of 4 fully booked and ascended Legendary Champions with a Team power of 254 that you find in all levels of Gold Arena......it's laughable how you try to defend this.

Anyway....after almost 2 1/2 years of playing this game....I'm out. You all have fun Paying to Win. Game Uninstalled.