All Categories

Question to Plarium about Bommal (not a complaint thread!)

Search
Sep 10, 2021, 18:1709/10/21
06/25/20

Hey Plarium,

Would love to get some sort of response as to whether you are planning on making any changes to this boss. I ask because I do know there are some rather hacky ways to beat it, but before I go and level another useless rare champ to 60 just for a DT boss, I'd like to make sure I won't be wasting my time.

I'm specifically asking for DT hard, though I suppose it's applicable for normal as well. Nobody in my clan has cleared DT hard floor 10 yet, despite us all being pretty late-game players.

Again - this is not intended to be a complaint thread. I'm just asking for some clarity.

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 10, 2021, 18:4509/10/21
08/01/21

They tend to play their cards pretty close to their chest on stuff like this.  So don't hold your breath.

That said, as Hell Hades mentioned the other day, they should at least make it so the bomb accomplices don't do the same amount of damage on every iteration of the boss.  That should scale with Tower level.

Sep 11, 2021, 11:2809/11/21
11/10/20

Plarium has already put out a Solution to BOMMEL 

Buy Shards and hope for one of the Heros that are on the +10 list

the off side to that would be to look up the skills of the heros plarium is offering on this +10 and build up some redundant heros that you will only use for one boss every 5 or 6 months

Someone someplace suggested a hero that could be used on BOMMEL, unfortunately it is listed as an F hero on AYUMILOVE.NET and I myself have used everyone of those said heros as food

That being said , someone posted an F2P free Hero team that they used to beat BOMMEL, 

all lvl 60, except one, I just have to wonder what gear they used on those heros, how built is the Great Hall and were all the armors +16 , what level Arena bonus are they at

also what speed was the team running as I know my team with lvl 60 all in a mix of 4 star,5star mostly +12 to +16 but only at between 160 and 210 speed and Arena Silver 1 Pulled 6 Big Booms in Less then 1 minute and was dead in 1:30

So there is a trick to it, or a speed/DPS combo smack that will do it, Im just not there yet as I am only pulling 5 star gear out of lvl 14 dungeons and keeps so far, so I am gussing I am not beating BOMMEL lvl 10 easy this time around at all as my regular teams I use anywhere else just fail miserably 

Sep 13, 2021, 01:4709/13/21
Sep 13, 2021, 01:47(edited)
01/04/20
BULL

Plarium has already put out a Solution to BOMMEL 

Buy Shards and hope for one of the Heros that are on the +10 list

the off side to that would be to look up the skills of the heros plarium is offering on this +10 and build up some redundant heros that you will only use for one boss every 5 or 6 months

Someone someplace suggested a hero that could be used on BOMMEL, unfortunately it is listed as an F hero on AYUMILOVE.NET and I myself have used everyone of those said heros as food

That being said , someone posted an F2P free Hero team that they used to beat BOMMEL, 

all lvl 60, except one, I just have to wonder what gear they used on those heros, how built is the Great Hall and were all the armors +16 , what level Arena bonus are they at

also what speed was the team running as I know my team with lvl 60 all in a mix of 4 star,5star mostly +12 to +16 but only at between 160 and 210 speed and Arena Silver 1 Pulled 6 Big Booms in Less then 1 minute and was dead in 1:30

So there is a trick to it, or a speed/DPS combo smack that will do it, Im just not there yet as I am only pulling 5 star gear out of lvl 14 dungeons and keeps so far, so I am gussing I am not beating BOMMEL lvl 10 easy this time around at all as my regular teams I use anywhere else just fail miserably 

I believe the someone you're referring to is my fellow Moderator, Quinn. You can find her post pinned here in Game Discussion or from this link https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/595735_beating-bommal---dark-fae-with-f2p-teams/

She also lists the gear she used before the picture of her team and you can find the speeds as well as a second F2P friendly team in the comments. 

Sep 13, 2021, 02:2909/13/21
11/16/20
Harbby

I believe the someone you're referring to is my fellow Moderator, Quinn. You can find her post pinned here in Game Discussion or from this link https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/595735_beating-bommal---dark-fae-with-f2p-teams/

She also lists the gear she used before the picture of her team and you can find the speeds as well as a second F2P friendly team in the comments. 

Your civility is amazing with this one.

Sep 13, 2021, 07:5609/13/21
01/15/21

I think this rotation is hard, but doable- and i kind of enjoy puzzling out how to do each boss (but didnt enjoy how long the last one took)

But they probably should have put griffin or something as the first boss so that mid/early game players can use their silver keys each day

I still think the best way to do level 10 is to ignore tactics and just nuke before it can do anything. 

Sep 13, 2021, 13:2609/13/21
06/25/20
Trevor Wilson

I think this rotation is hard, but doable- and i kind of enjoy puzzling out how to do each boss (but didnt enjoy how long the last one took)

But they probably should have put griffin or something as the first boss so that mid/early game players can use their silver keys each day

I still think the best way to do level 10 is to ignore tactics and just nuke before it can do anything. 

Bear in mind my topic was primarily oriented towards DT hard. You can't burn hard down before it can nuke. That being said - the lack of response in this thread has essentially confirmed for me that there won't be changes, so I'm building out the hacky team to beat it.

Sep 13, 2021, 14:2109/13/21
01/27/21
Trevor Wilson

That's true, but I tried about 15 different team compositions just to see what would happen on auto and I actually failed on one of them.  On 10 normal.  With my account, I didn't think it was possible to fail on stage 10 normal on auto with decent characters that I actually use.  This boss is way overtuned.  Most endgame players could throw together a team of rares to beat it but that isn't really the point.  The point is that the boss is significantly out of tune with the rest of the game.

Sep 13, 2021, 17:2809/13/21
01/15/21
kramaswamy.kr

Bear in mind my topic was primarily oriented towards DT hard. You can't burn hard down before it can nuke. That being said - the lack of response in this thread has essentially confirmed for me that there won't be changes, so I'm building out the hacky team to beat it.

yeh sorry i missed that among all the million and one threads about normal.

I dont even look at hard till i have done normal, and usually only reach 60 or so anyway.

Sep 13, 2021, 17:3209/13/21
Sep 13, 2021, 17:34(edited)
01/04/20
kramaswamy.kr

As  far  as  changes  are  concerned,  all  I  can say  is  that  the moderator team has  pointed  out  how  it's  nearly  impossible  to  auto  the  new  bosses  and  that  Bommal and Fae could  be  reworked  -somehow-  to make it easier for people to complete the content in a timely manner.

Sep 14, 2021, 11:0209/14/21
02/01/20

For me it would be fine if they atleast reduce his ressistence or accuracy or bomb Res/acc :D Or at least get rid of that extra turn -_- it mess things up when doing it even manual .

OracleCommunity Manager
Sep 14, 2021, 13:3809/14/21
03/02/21

Hi! We're in the process of collecting both players' feedback and game analytics, so yes - we're investigating the current situation with new bosses and what kind of problems users experience when they face Bommal. I can't say for sure whether there will be any changes regarding the boss at the moment being, but there might be if the situation calls for them.

I appreciate you asking and all the extensive feedback that players provide us with. All the threads on this Forum are read either by CMs or moderators to ensure that no opinion is lost.

Also, if you want to suggest some nerf for Bommal, what would that be and on which floors?

Sep 14, 2021, 14:2409/14/21
06/25/20

Personally, the one thing that would make this fight much more manageable is to change the spawning of dreadbombs when TM is reduced.

I get why that function is there - if it weren't, the boss would be no problem at all with TM control. But the fact that Evil Eye causes it to spawn dreadbombs makes it way more difficult to come up with teams. 3/4 of my champs run Evil Eye, so it becomes a question of either building an entire team specifically for this boss, resetting masteries for this boss, or manually running the fight to target the dreadbombs with the champs that have Evil Eye, none of which are fun.

I would suggest either changing it so Evil Eye specifically doesn't cause dreadbombs to spawn, or, if that's not easy to do, then make it so that dreadbombs only spawn if TM is reduced by more than 10% (which is the amount that Evil Eye reduces it by, after the 50% reduction from the boss ability).

Sep 14, 2021, 14:5409/14/21
04/08/20
Oracle

Hi! We're in the process of collecting both players' feedback and game analytics, so yes - we're investigating the current situation with new bosses and what kind of problems users experience when they face Bommal. I can't say for sure whether there will be any changes regarding the boss at the moment being, but there might be if the situation calls for them.

I appreciate you asking and all the extensive feedback that players provide us with. All the threads on this Forum are read either by CMs or moderators to ensure that no opinion is lost.

Also, if you want to suggest some nerf for Bommal, what would that be and on which floors?

I believe Bommal is way overpowered and therefore there are a few tweaks I would like to see, potentially all of the following but not necessarily:

• Reduce the baseline accuracy
  • Remove the 50% aoe stun when a bomb goes off. This passive in my opinion is the worst mechanic this boss has: combined with the unblockable unremovable bombs and the really high baseline accuracy you simply get locked out of the fight.
  • Remove the extra turn from his ability. Extra turns are extremely hard to manage since they make debuffs drop off quickly compared to champs' skills cooldown (ie. Accuracy down)
  • Lower bombs damage and/or remove shield avoidance

Personally I wouldnt touch the turn meter interaction since it makes the boss unique.

Sep 15, 2021, 12:2809/15/21
07/23/20

I just want to add one thing, otherwise I agree with raugh2623.

Its that remove the possibility for your champs to get a turn in between 2 bombs going off. Make sure that the bombs that has been spawned at the same time, also goes off consecutively without any champs getting a turn in between.

Sep 15, 2021, 12:5309/15/21
01/15/21
Oracle

Good to hear you are listening to feedback

From a personal point of view, im not sure id like normal to be easier (sorry to those who feel differently), i have enjoyed finishing normal this week- it has been just the right level of challenge, and clan mates are getting it done too now.

But level 10 should be one anyone can farm-- anyone should be able to use their silver keys.

No idea on hard, i rarely get past 50 or 60 anyway!

Sep 22, 2021, 15:5909/22/21
11/10/20
Oracle

My Solution as an F2P player ,,, I am just NOT doing DT this round ...

I either dont have the Heros listed to be able to beat Bommel

or the time and Resourses to bother to level up ONE HIT WONDER HEROs just to do Bommel

P.S. I am talking about level 10 EASY by the way

Maybe it is the fact i am only farming lvls 13 to 15 Dungeons , Keeps and FWs and I am only at Silver Arena 1 and 2 and bounce in and out of Gold Arena 1 off and on but I guess that I just really am not high enough towards mid game , BUT, I really dont think lvl 10 EASY DT should shaft me the way it has