All Categories

Player J's Guide on Great Hall

Search
Jun 2, 2021, 14:3106/02/21
04/12/21

I think this is worthy of a separate thread.  I am sure some will drag arena and arbiter into it but be that as it may.

J, I am taking time to inspect your guide more closely and as the game situation is evolving, circumstances may evoke different plans of attack, but I am addressing things as I see them now.

I picked up certain things from your guide, just scratching the surface. Understand that I am not in position to judge the relative value of the numeric values of the stats, ie which is better 100 attack or 50 defense or 25 ACC, etc?  

My own observation is that 5 points of RES is worth more in power than 5 points of anytrhing else.

When I first started the arena made it very difficult to get medals but with the bots running wild now I feel like I have more options. 

1) First priorities should be ACC and RESIST.

I recognized that myself cuz the way that champs come out of the box is that ACC is usually ZERO and it needs the most help.

I find that RES produces the biggest increase in power, point for point. Although some downplay the power aspect.

I recognize that whatever upgrade path you plan for, things like missions may point you toward a particular affinity or stat, but I think you are saying to just do that one mission and do not get carried away on another path. Sounds good.

I can see that needs of specific champs guided you toward achieveing certain goals, and I assume I will do the same.

So overall I am in this getting my feet wet but you did a good job.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 2, 2021, 15:4306/02/21
01/31/21

From my point i see it this way (i focused on my GH to support arena)

First:

Focus on afinity where your main nuker is

Second:

Focus on ACC first ( up to 3rd level), then switch to C.DMG ( i think C.DMG % has better value, as usualy you need to focus to have 100% c.rate, which put c.dmg in disadvantage

Third:

ATT, DEF, RES, HP

I use 2 nukers in arena and void main support so my GH looks like this

i

Jun 2, 2021, 15:4506/02/21
06/25/20

Depends on where you're talking, and for what team comps.

Personally, I feel the biggest bang for your buck are Crit Damage % and Accuracy. Those will always yield a return on investment no matter where it is applied.

Resist I find is very situationally useful. I would put it pretty close to the bottom of priority list.

My order would be:

1) Crit Damage %

2) Accuracy

3) Defense % (this is higher rated because it is usually the highest contributor to CB damage)

4) Attack % (I'm rating this higher than HP % because HP-based champs are way less common)

5) HP %

6) Resist 

Jun 2, 2021, 17:1206/02/21
01/27/21

Accuracy is definitely the most important.  Resist is an odd one.  For the most part you shouldn't be focusing it UNLESS you are focusing it.  Early game, people are unlikely to have more than 250 accuracy (adequately covers any PvE content they are likely to face and it is unlikely to be resisted in the arena).  So, if you are able to build a high resistance team early on, it will work somewhat frequently.  The problem is you have to really be going for that.  As with most things in life, everything is conditional but accuracy is useful everywhere.

Jun 2, 2021, 17:2006/02/21
12/19/19

My first GH to 10 was magic resistance 

Jun 2, 2021, 19:0906/02/21
04/14/20

Resistance is indeed the most debatable one probably... it's important especially in Doom Tower now, plus arena of course, but in arena mostly at high levels and depending on your team (not much need for resistance if you have a speed nuke and nearly always go first). Personally I'm prioritizing it as second after accuracy, but definitely it could be lower if you aren't very concerned with DT. 

Jun 2, 2021, 19:2406/02/21
07/31/20

for pvp, it's funny when everyone goes high ACC (low RES), one day you suddenly realize you don't really need ACC to debuff your opponents. 

Jun 2, 2021, 20:0606/02/21
04/12/21

good discussion

No shortage of opinions.

I put Defense #3 after ACC and RES, because there are only 1.5 artifact groups for it (DEF and RESILIENCE), so it could use some help.

So everyone gets a chance to apply their philosophy and put it into action, BUT one must get through the arena battles to make it all happen.

Jun 2, 2021, 20:4106/02/21
06/25/20

Fundamentally, Clan Boss is the most important part of the game - which is why DEF is higher on my list. DEF-based champs are generally better than others for CB, unless you're running Unkillable or Block Damage.

Jun 3, 2021, 02:5106/03/21
05/13/19

This  is  how  my  GH  looks CURRENTLY.

i

The  Best  Upgrading  Path  Order  to  me  is  following:

1.  ACC

2.  RESIST

3.  DEF

4.  HP

5.  ATK

6.  C.DMG

The  way  I  upgrade  is  based  on  medal  efficiency +  how  I  gear  my  heroes.

I  will  share  with  you  a  Screenshot  by  a  Content Creator  named  Chosen.

Chosen  made  a  Set  Tier  List  -  It  ranks  all  gears  based  on  Best  to  Worst.

i

I  have condensed Chosen  Tier  list  to  only  show  the  Top  25  Gears.

I  have  done  so  for  the  purposes  of  this  thread.

I  will  ask  the  question.

What  Column  in  the  Great  Hall  allows  you  to  increase  your  heroes  SPEED?

Do  you  see  their  is  no  way  to  increase  SPD  in  Great  Hall!

What  does  this  mean?

It  means  the  most  logical  way  for  you  to  increase  your  hero  SPD  is  with a Gear  Set.

I.E  You  are  most  likely  to  put  2  pieces  of  SPD  gear  on   your  hero.

Lets  say  your  hero  needs  SPD  +  RESIST.

What  is  your  most  logical  build.

-  Equip  Hero  with  SPD  Gear

-  GH  Medals  into  RESIST

This  gives  you  both  SPD  +  RESIST

Now  Look  at  Chosen  Gear  Ranking  Chart.

What  are  the  Odds  of  you  using  SPD  gear  -  Number  1

What  are  the  Odds  of  you  using  RESIST gear  -  Number  25

Now  Look  at  your  Gear  Inventory.

How  many  SPD  gears  have  you  been  hording?

How  many  RESIST  gears  have  you  been  hording?

The  Great  Hall  is  designed  to  build  up  the  area's  of  the  game  you  lack.

Jun 3, 2021, 03:2906/03/21
11/29/20

I think accuracy is #1 because of the high numbers you need in high level dungeons where you'll get good gear.

Resist is probably #2 because, well, honestly, I completely ignore that stat usually so it needs some help.

Jun 3, 2021, 08:5306/03/21
01/31/21

Right now on low/med accounts for ACC you can forge decent perception artefacts.

my main go to's are acc and c.dmg, i went for acc first but now i focus on c.dmg

Jun 3, 2021, 12:1506/03/21
12/19/19

Perception is best set imo. Resistance undervalued by most. Depending on your roster, priorities can be different. Only sure thing is attack is least important. 

Jun 3, 2021, 17:3006/03/21
Jun 4, 2021, 16:31(edited)
02/29/20

I  agree  with  Player  J,  except  for  one  thing.

I  read  your  guide  on  the  Great  Hall  and  you  ranked  Attack  above  Crit  Damage  because  more  champions  benefit  from  it,  such  as  support  types.

I  rank  Crit  Damage  above  Attack.

The  reason  is:

Though  fewer  champions  are  dedicated  nukers  and  require  Crit  Damage  than  Attack,  Crit  Damage  is  harder  to  come  by  and  gives  more  benefit  than  Attack  on  tye  fewer  champions  requiring  it,  despite  not  being  needed  as  often.

Otherwise,  I  believe  all  that  Player  J  says  is  correct.

Of  course,  everything  is  different  for  different  players  and  different  accounts  with  different  needs.

When  I  started  playing  I  was  a  real  noob!  I  made  a  lot  of  Great  Hall  mistakes,  despite  others  in  different  areas.  I  wish  I  could  take  all  of  them  back.  But  I  now  and  for  a  while  have  been  working  on  the  Great  Hall  the  right  way.

Jun 3, 2021, 21:3306/03/21
Jun 4, 2021, 16:31(edited)
02/29/20

It  just  seems  as  you  werent  doing  that;  due  to  upgrading  every  area  of  your  Great  Hall  and  disagreeing  with  many  more  experienced  players  on  this  thread.

Jun 4, 2021, 17:2106/04/21
Jun 4, 2021, 17:24(edited)
04/12/21
[V]Destroyer39

It  just  seems  as  you  werent  doing  that;  due  to  upgrading  every  area  of  your  Great  Hall  and  disagreeing  with  many  more  experienced  players  on  this  thread.

That may be a different approach than others take, but we all can do a bit of woulda coulda shoulda no matter what path we choose. And the game keeps changing under our feet as well, so taking a unified approach and treat all the stats equally, to me is fair.  I do not excessively praise or condemn any stat.

Note that J took a very long time to get where he did in the GH, but I am not in a speed race or a power race. I do not spend money, nor have more than one Lego, still in the L50's space.

Jun 4, 2021, 17:3406/04/21
Jun 4, 2021, 17:35(edited)
04/12/21
Player J

This  is  how  my  GH  looks CURRENTLY.

i

The  Best  Upgrading  Path  Order  to  me  is  following:

1.  ACC

2.  RESIST

3.  DEF

4.  HP

5.  ATK

6.  C.DMG

The  way  I  upgrade  is  based  on  medal  efficiency +  how  I  gear  my  heroes.

I  will  share  with  you  a  Screenshot  by  a  Content Creator  named  Chosen.

Chosen  made  a  Set  Tier  List  -  It  ranks  all  gears  based  on  Best  to  Worst.

i

I  have condensed Chosen  Tier  list  to  only  show  the  Top  25  Gears.

I  have  done  so  for  the  purposes  of  this  thread.

I  will  ask  the  question.

What  Column  in  the  Great  Hall  allows  you  to  increase  your  heroes  SPEED?

Do  you  see  their  is  no  way  to  increase  SPD  in  Great  Hall!

What  does  this  mean?

It  means  the  most  logical  way  for  you  to  increase  your  hero  SPD  is  with a Gear  Set.

I.E  You  are  most  likely  to  put  2  pieces  of  SPD  gear  on   your  hero.

Lets  say  your  hero  needs  SPD  +  RESIST.

What  is  your  most  logical  build.

-  Equip  Hero  with  SPD  Gear

-  GH  Medals  into  RESIST

This  gives  you  both  SPD  +  RESIST

Now  Look  at  Chosen  Gear  Ranking  Chart.

What  are  the  Odds  of  you  using  SPD  gear  -  Number  1

What  are  the  Odds  of  you  using  RESIST gear  -  Number  25

Now  Look  at  your  Gear  Inventory.

How  many  SPD  gears  have  you  been  hording?

How  many  RESIST  gears  have  you  been  hording?

The  Great  Hall  is  designed  to  build  up  the  area's  of  the  game  you  lack.

J, I notice you have all L6 and L10, do you remember how that evolved?  Did you do them all the same and then branched out one by one?

Jun 4, 2021, 19:4506/04/21
05/13/19
End Is Near

J, I notice you have all L6 and L10, do you remember how that evolved?  Did you do them all the same and then branched out one by one?

When  I  was  a  beginner,  I  never  liked  spreading my  Medals.

I  always  liked  concentrating   my  Medals  into  1  Bonus only.

Then,   once  the  Bonus  was  maxed,  I  would  move  to  new  Bonus.

I  would  concentrate my  efforts  into  maxing  the  new  Bonus.

I  did  upgrading  1  by  1.

I  didn't  start  spreading my  Medals,  until  I  got  to  be  End  Game  Player.

All  the  6/10  you  see  are  new  upgrades.

I  did  most  of  them  to  get  points  in  CVC.

If  I  was  to  take  a  picture  of  my  account,  you  would  see  I  have  beat  everything.

The  only  thing  I  have  left  is  Ramantu Mission  +  Last  20  Stages  of  Hard  Mode.

Basically,  my  account  is  so  strong  it  doesn't matter  what  I  do  with   my  medals.

Adding  medals  to  my  bonuses  will  only  help  me beat  stuff  faster.

My  situation is  completely different vs.  your  situation.

You  might  be  struggling to  beat  stuff.

Concentrating  your  efforts  can  help  you  win.

If  I  was  you,  I  would  stop  spreading  points.

I  would  concentrate your  points.

You  are  going  to  need  ACC.

You  are  going  to  need  RESIST.

Everything  in  this  game  deals  with  Buffs  &  Debuffs.

ACC  helps  you  DEBUFF  other  people.

RESIST  helps  prevent  other  people  from  Debuffing  you  or  removing  your  BUFFS.

If  you  go  to  my  Great  Hall  Guide,  You  can  see  I  started  with  Nothing.

It  was  completely  Blank.

I  didn't care  about  the  Quests.

I  didnt  care about  the  Missions.

I  cared  about  WINNING!

Its  like  the  old  sayings:

-  Your  a  Jack  of  All  Trades,  but  a  Master  of  None.

Its  better  to  be  the  Master.

Think  about  every  Kung  Fu  Movies  you  ever  watched.

Its  always  Student  or  Pupil  getting  beat  up.

No  one  messes  with  the  Master.

The  only  people who  beat  up  Masters  are  other  Masters.

If  they  are  not  a  Master,  they  just  run  away.

Just  forget  about  everything and  start  putting  points  into  ACC.

Jun 4, 2021, 19:5106/04/21
04/12/21
Player J

When  I  was  a  beginner,  I  never  liked  spreading my  Medals.

I  always  liked  concentrating   my  Medals  into  1  Bonus only.

Then,   once  the  Bonus  was  maxed,  I  would  move  to  new  Bonus.

I  would  concentrate my  efforts  into  maxing  the  new  Bonus.

I  did  upgrading  1  by  1.

I  didn't  start  spreading my  Medals,  until  I  got  to  be  End  Game  Player.

All  the  6/10  you  see  are  new  upgrades.

I  did  most  of  them  to  get  points  in  CVC.

If  I  was  to  take  a  picture  of  my  account,  you  would  see  I  have  beat  everything.

The  only  thing  I  have  left  is  Ramantu Mission  +  Last  20  Stages  of  Hard  Mode.

Basically,  my  account  is  so  strong  it  doesn't matter  what  I  do  with   my  medals.

Adding  medals  to  my  bonuses  will  only  help  me beat  stuff  faster.

My  situation is  completely different vs.  your  situation.

You  might  be  struggling to  beat  stuff.

Concentrating  your  efforts  can  help  you  win.

If  I  was  you,  I  would  stop  spreading  points.

I  would  concentrate your  points.

You  are  going  to  need  ACC.

You  are  going  to  need  RESIST.

Everything  in  this  game  deals  with  Buffs  &  Debuffs.

ACC  helps  you  DEBUFF  other  people.

RESIST  helps  prevent  other  people  from  Debuffing  you  or  removing  your  BUFFS.

If  you  go  to  my  Great  Hall  Guide,  You  can  see  I  started  with  Nothing.

It  was  completely  Blank.

I  didn't care  about  the  Quests.

I  didnt  care about  the  Missions.

I  cared  about  WINNING!

Its  like  the  old  sayings:

-  Your  a  Jack  of  All  Trades,  but  a  Master  of  None.

Its  better  to  be  the  Master.

Think  about  every  Kung  Fu  Movies  you  ever  watched.

Its  always  Student  or  Pupil  getting  beat  up.

No  one  messes  with  the  Master.

The  only  people who  beat  up  Masters  are  other  Masters.

If  they  are  not  a  Master,  they  just  run  away.

Just  forget  about  everything and  start  putting  points  into  ACC.

You answered one question I had about your L6's, I think you feel that they will not help you to go higher, that may be but what will you do with them?

I have experimented with ACC auras that I have, minimal though they may be.  So when I run a champ in a battle having ACC aura and make them a leader, and they still lose compared to another champ with another aura skill, what confidence does that give me about you being correct?

Jun 4, 2021, 19:5606/04/21
04/12/21

CHAMPION RECOMMENDED STATS FOR CLAN BOSS

If your champions do not have sufficient Accuracy stats (ACC) for Clan Boss, those debuff will be resisted by him! In addition, not having sufficient Defense stats (DEF) prevents you from being able to survive long to deliver more damage to the boss. You will also need a balance of HP because too little HP leaves little room to absorb the remaining damage that is reduced by DEF stats.

Clan Boss Difficulty

Ultra Nightmare
Nightmare
Brutal
Hard
Normal
Easy

Clan Boss Speed

Req. ACC

Req. DEF

Req. HP

So for where I am at for Clan Boss, which is Easy and Normal, not a whole lot of ACC is required, and I have a tougher time trying to get some of the others.