Arbiters everywhere.

May 27, 2021, 14:4305/27/21
May 27, 2021, 14:44(edited)
01/04/20
Alezz

One more day at the office...

i

Arbiters everywhere.

I'm  in  G4  and  I  have  to  refresh  a  LOT.  My  shiny  new  Arbiter  is  only  312 (  just  got  that  high  last  night  from  308..)  and  I'm  always  going  second.  

You got this!

May 27, 2021, 14:4405/27/21
01/15/21
Harbby

I'm  in  G4  and  I  have  to  refresh  a  LOT.  My  shiny  new  Arbiter  is  only  312 (  just  got  that  high  last  night  from  308..)  and  I'm  always  going  second.  

You got this!

You kind of expect everyone to have their arbiter in G4?

But not in silver.

May 27, 2021, 14:5405/27/21
May 27, 2021, 14:54(edited)
01/04/20
Trevor Wilson

You kind of expect everyone to have their arbiter in G4?

But not in silver.

The  point  of  the  comment  is  that  you  just  need  to  refresh  until  you  find  teams  to  fight.  I  got  to  G4  without  arbiter  or  tormin.  And  I've  stayed  there.  And  now  I  have  a  stacked  team  and  I  still  have  to  refresh  a  lot.  

May 27, 2021, 16:3105/27/21
May 27, 2021, 16:39(edited)
06/20/20
Harbby

The  point  of  the  comment  is  that  you  just  need  to  refresh  until  you  find  teams  to  fight.  I  got  to  G4  without  arbiter  or  tormin.  And  I've  stayed  there.  And  now  I  have  a  stacked  team  and  I  still  have  to  refresh  a  lot.  

Dont get me wrong but your personal experience does not represent the current state of the arenas. Before I stopped playing I was able to reach and stay in G4 with just kathun, apo, warmaiden, kael.

But I stopped playing and when I came back I was in bronze I. Focused other areas of the game and completed all 20 dungeons, leveled 6* of all affinites and now that I need the arena mission of G4 and 8 points in a GH skill Im stomping against a wall of Arbiters.

And yes, being honest, if I start refreshing it is possible I that I find teams that I could kill, indeed from the picture I posted Im pretty sure I get that Arbiter team with Siphi, Tundra, Lili and Im pretty sure that I would have won, because of the logic of that if someone with that op champs is at G1, he is a noob and much likely his gear is a mess.

But the point is that we are not talking about 10 or 20 lucky wins, nowadays a player that want to reach G4 for arbiter needs to win about 1000 Arena points while reloading loads and loads of pages with Arbiter leaded teams.

Edit: Just right now, at 2026 point I refreshed the page and I literally have 8 arbiter teams and 2 lyssandra. 8 arbiters at G1....

i

May 27, 2021, 16:3905/27/21
May 27, 2021, 16:45(edited)
01/04/20
Alezz

Dont get me wrong but your personal experience does not represent the current state of the arenas. Before I stopped playing I was able to reach and stay in G4 with just kathun, apo, warmaiden, kael.

But I stopped playing and when I came back I was in bronze I. Focused other areas of the game and completed all 20 dungeons, leveled 6* of all affinites and now that I need the arena mission of G4 and 8 points in a GH skill Im stomping against a wall of Arbiters.

And yes, being honest, if I start refreshing it is possible I that I find teams that I could kill, indeed from the picture I posted Im pretty sure I get that Arbiter team with Siphi, Tundra, Lili and Im pretty sure that I would have won, because of the logic of that if someone with that op champs is at G1, he is a noob and much likely his gear is a mess.

But the point is that we are not talking about 10 or 20 lucky wins, nowadays a player that want to reach G4 for arbiter needs to win about 1000 Arena points while reloading loads and loads of pages with Arbiter leaded teams.

Edit: Just right now, at 2026 point I refreshed the page and I literally have 8 arbiter teams and 2 lyssandra. 8 arbiters at G1....

i

It's  not  quite  that  difficult  but  I  understand  what  you  mean. 

I  also  hit  G4  probably  around  the  time  you  did.  Then  I  droped  down  to  bronze  after  whatever  change  happened,  and  i  couldn't  get  out  of  Silver  2 once  I  managed  to  climb  there.  My  Lyssandra  at  the  time  had  270  speed  and  I  was  getting  smoked by,  you  guessed  it,  Arbiter  teams.

So,  what  I  did  was,  farm  more  gear  and  change  my  team  comp. About  three  months  ago  I  managed  to  get Lyssandra  to  299  speed  and  was  able  to  climb  through  gold.  

This  didn't  happen  early  last  year  when  everyone  could  easily  climb  to  gold.  

You  and  I  have  had  almost  identical  experiences,  but  with  different  team  compositions  I'm  sure.  

Last  year  I  ran  Dragon  about  3500  times.  This  year   I've  already  passed  that,  which  is  the  only  reason  I'm  able  to  stay  up  here.  My  speed  increases  by  one  or  two  points  every  few  weeks. I  refresh  at  least  10  times  a  day  if  not  more,  just  so  I  can  find  non  hedgemon  teams  or  teams  that  aren't  300k  power. This  is  exactly  what  I  had  to  do  in  G1-G3  as  well. It  is  a  long  grind  that  we  all  have  to  do  unless  we  want  to  buy  all  the  speed  sets and  hope  we  get  lucky.    

May 27, 2021, 18:1905/27/21
May 27, 2021, 18:20(edited)
01/15/21
Harbby

It's  not  quite  that  difficult  but  I  understand  what  you  mean. 

I  also  hit  G4  probably  around  the  time  you  did.  Then  I  droped  down  to  bronze  after  whatever  change  happened,  and  i  couldn't  get  out  of  Silver  2 once  I  managed  to  climb  there.  My  Lyssandra  at  the  time  had  270  speed  and  I  was  getting  smoked by,  you  guessed  it,  Arbiter  teams.

So,  what  I  did  was,  farm  more  gear  and  change  my  team  comp. About  three  months  ago  I  managed  to  get Lyssandra  to  299  speed  and  was  able  to  climb  through  gold.  

This  didn't  happen  early  last  year  when  everyone  could  easily  climb  to  gold.  

You  and  I  have  had  almost  identical  experiences,  but  with  different  team  compositions  I'm  sure.  

Last  year  I  ran  Dragon  about  3500  times.  This  year   I've  already  passed  that,  which  is  the  only  reason  I'm  able  to  stay  up  here.  My  speed  increases  by  one  or  two  points  every  few  weeks. I  refresh  at  least  10  times  a  day  if  not  more,  just  so  I  can  find  non  hedgemon  teams  or  teams  that  aren't  300k  power. This  is  exactly  what  I  had  to  do  in  G1-G3  as  well. It  is  a  long  grind  that  we  all  have  to  do  unless  we  want  to  buy  all  the  speed  sets and  hope  we  get  lucky.    

That is a reasonable response to be fair.

As a newish player, hitting 7 months now- i didnt really read any guides or pay attention for the first three months, but i gained levels so now im level 70- and its not as if i havent played these sort of games before.

But bouncing constantly between s4 and g1 when 3 months ago i was stable in G2 is frustrating, i have dramatically improved the team (only 292 speed but that took considerable effort) but i am still going backwards.

I ran nearly 10k energy looking for speed in the dragon event but not a single upgrade, so i am certainly grinding a lot as i hit dragon and spider constantly even outside the event.

I guess when people (not yourself) post the 'just go get warmaiden, spirithost' type posts offering advice that i get frustrated with them

And yes if i refresh enough i find teams i can beat, and to be honest some of the arbiters are slower than me despite the much better aura.

I personally think having upper silver full of people who have done their arbiter quest shows a problem, but- it is what it is at the end of the day

May 27, 2021, 18:2205/27/21
01/04/20
Trevor Wilson

That is a reasonable response to be fair.

As a newish player, hitting 7 months now- i didnt really read any guides or pay attention for the first three months, but i gained levels so now im level 70- and its not as if i havent played these sort of games before.

But bouncing constantly between s4 and g1 when 3 months ago i was stable in G2 is frustrating, i have dramatically improved the team (only 292 speed but that took considerable effort) but i am still going backwards.

I ran nearly 10k energy looking for speed in the dragon event but not a single upgrade, so i am certainly grinding a lot as i hit dragon and spider constantly even outside the event.

I guess when people (not yourself) post the 'just go get warmaiden, spirithost' type posts offering advice that i get frustrated with them

And yes if i refresh enough i find teams i can beat, and to be honest some of the arbiters are slower than me despite the much better aura.

I personally think having upper silver full of people who have done their arbiter quest shows a problem, but- it is what it is at the end of the day

I  agree  that  it  is  quite  frustrating,  and  something  should  be  done.  I  just  try  to  encourage  people,  since  I  was  in  the  same  boat.  

May 27, 2021, 18:5805/27/21
11/10/20

Arena is just so damn hard. Plarium is saying 'there was never bots accounts' but clearly before change Arena was easy and now it sooooo hard even after the 'fix'. Plarium if you think doing so will get your more revenue as people will pay to move up in Arena, I'm pretty sure you will not get there. You should have statistics in the back to count your revenue stream is going up or not after Arena change. 

For me, I was happy to spend some money every month as I was enjoying the game. After Arena change I completely stop paying as I'm frustrated. I'm sure lots of other players would be same as me.

May 27, 2021, 22:4905/27/21
01/04/20

Hey  bud,  I  know  you're  upset.  Many  people  are.  But  games  change  all  the  time.  Some  changes  are  good,  and  some  are  bad.  It  takes  time  to  find  if  a  change  was  good  or  bad,  nothing  is  instant.  I  can  assure  you  they  are  working  on  balancing  the  Arena.  

May 27, 2021, 23:0005/27/21
05/27/21
Harbby

Hey  bud,  I  know  you're  upset.  Many  people  are.  But  games  change  all  the  time.  Some  changes  are  good,  and  some  are  bad.  It  takes  time  to  find  if  a  change  was  good  or  bad,  nothing  is  instant.  I  can  assure  you  they  are  working  on  balancing  the  Arena.  

As long as the are working on it, why don't they get reinstated the old system, so people get less frustrated? Were these months not enough? To let people have a bit fun again? Is this forbidden by law? If most of the gamer are unhappy, is it not reasonable, to make them happy again before fuzzing again something untested???

I just simply do not understand. In my company, but is most of the reasonably led institutions, there is a clear direction: " NEVER change a running system!" If the want to change, make it thougher, fine. Put on an additional layer to make it FAIR! Or test the changes in smaller group before release... But if you do like this and the response are, that that's shit, than you should drop in the bin immerdiately, not trying to argue, why is the trash isn't trash.

What Plarium has done is absolute not understandable... like the bloodiest amateurs without any experience in game development...

May 27, 2021, 23:1205/27/21
01/04/20
Aupair Kobor

As long as the are working on it, why don't they get reinstated the old system, so people get less frustrated? Were these months not enough? To let people have a bit fun again? Is this forbidden by law? If most of the gamer are unhappy, is it not reasonable, to make them happy again before fuzzing again something untested???

I just simply do not understand. In my company, but is most of the reasonably led institutions, there is a clear direction: " NEVER change a running system!" If the want to change, make it thougher, fine. Put on an additional layer to make it FAIR! Or test the changes in smaller group before release... But if you do like this and the response are, that that's shit, than you should drop in the bin immerdiately, not trying to argue, why is the trash isn't trash.

What Plarium has done is absolute not understandable... like the bloodiest amateurs without any experience in game development...

The  arena  version  you  are  referring  too  was  far  too  easy.  They  want  it  to  be  a  challenge.  Back  then  anyone  could  win  as  many  battles  in  a  row  without  a  challenge.  

Plarium  is  trying  to  find  a  happy  middle  ground  between  too  easy  and  impossible.  There  is  no video  game  in  the  world  that  strives  to  make  a  key  feature  so  easy  that  you  could  do  it  in  your  sleep.  

May 27, 2021, 23:3005/27/21
07/05/19
Harbby

The  arena  version  you  are  referring  too  was  far  too  easy.  They  want  it  to  be  a  challenge.  Back  then  anyone  could  win  as  many  battles  in  a  row  without  a  challenge.  

Plarium  is  trying  to  find  a  happy  middle  ground  between  too  easy  and  impossible.  There  is  no video  game  in  the  world  that  strives  to  make  a  key  feature  so  easy  that  you  could  do  it  in  your  sleep.  

They have been trying to do that for a year now... They have no idea how to fix Arena.

May 27, 2021, 23:3405/27/21
01/27/21
Harbby

The fact that their "fix" doubled down on account level and account power actually indicates that they have no idea how to match people in the arena.  Until the demonstrate even a remote understanding of how PvP should be run, why should anyone trust that they are actually working on balancing the arena?  They might be working, but if you don't understand the fundamentals of the problem, you aren't working towards a solution.  They could straight-up copy what clash of clans does (substitute great hall development for Town Hall level) and the arena would be infinitely better.

May 28, 2021, 00:2405/28/21
05/27/21

So, a lot of people, who got Arbiter easy shall fight those, who has no chance to get her like this...?

Once again: Matching condition number 1. If you finished the mission you gets an Arbiter as a reward, you won't get matched with a gamer, who hasn't. That simple flag would greatly eliminate the inbalance of unfair advantage earlier player, who gained a huge advantage playing the easy Arena, and give a significant improvement in chance for the newer ones, who joined the game later.

Why do we need to wait months for an

IF (Arbiter-Mission is finished) THEN (this account is not element of matchable accounts)

?

Somehow it took me 3 seconds to write the code... I am not a programmer btw. If I would be one it would have taken maybe 1 sec...?!

May 28, 2021, 08:1105/28/21
May 28, 2021, 08:27(edited)
01/15/21

I have been watching the free to plat series from Iamsteamin, its a good series and he knows his stuff

He is only 50 days in and in s4, but only level 49.

I am totally impressed, but GOD does player power make a big difference, his entire page of opponents in S4 are teams i would love to face.

Matchmaking really does mean it might be better to restart if you are stuck in silver and fairly high level, stay lean and then focus on arena 

I cant get over how dramatically different the teams are in S4 if your player power / account level is low. 

May 28, 2021, 08:2405/28/21
04/12/21

have you noticed that the easy targets are returning, not sure if they are bots or not but in Silver I am seeing more of them, keeps me afloat

May 28, 2021, 08:2705/28/21
01/15/21
End Is Near

have you noticed that the easy targets are returning, not sure if they are bots or not but in Silver I am seeing more of them, keeps me afloat

nope

May 28, 2021, 08:3505/28/21
10/15/20
Trevor Wilson

I have been watching the free to plat series from Iamsteamin, its a good series and he knows his stuff

He is only 50 days in and in s4, but only level 49.

I am totally impressed, but GOD does player power make a big difference, his entire page of opponents in S4 are teams i would love to face.

Matchmaking really does mean it might be better to restart if you are stuck in silver and fairly high level, stay lean and then focus on arena 

I cant get over how dramatically different the teams are in S4 if your player power / account level is low. 

Indeed, there are different arenas in Bronze and Silver. They have only the same name ("Silver 3 arena" for example), but there is a Silver 3 arena for low lvl accounts with low player power (HK, Spirithost, Warmaiden, Kael as opponents) and a Silver 3 arena for high accounts with high player power (Arbiter, Hegemon, Uugo, Valkyrie as opponent). Plarium thinks, that is a good way to make fair matchmaking and protect noobs from running into 2 year old accounts. Raid is the only game in the world where you are punished for playing the game and they really think, that is good. They made a "fix" (lol) and didn't change that. Tons of teams stuck in Bronze (old accounts) are way better than teams in Silver 4 (new accounts), but can't climb up, as they are matched against each other with a 50% win ratio all the time.

May 28, 2021, 08:4505/28/21
01/15/21
Skadi

Indeed, there are different arenas in Bronze and Silver. They have only the same name ("Silver 3 arena" for example), but there is a Silver 3 arena for low lvl accounts with low player power (HK, Spirithost, Warmaiden, Kael as opponents) and a Silver 3 arena for high accounts with high player power (Arbiter, Hegemon, Uugo, Valkyrie as opponent). Plarium thinks, that is a good way to make fair matchmaking and protect noobs from running into 2 year old accounts. Raid is the only game in the world where you are punished for playing the game and they really think, that is good. They made a "fix" (lol) and didn't change that. Tons of teams stuck in Bronze (old accounts) are way better than teams in Silver 4 (new accounts), but can't climb up, as they are matched against each other with a 50% win ratio all the time.

Its ridiculous, half his champs arent even level 60 and he is in silver 4.

why even bother having tiers if you are simply going to match by account power?

I have a page full of arbiter/hegemon/valk teams (if lucky i get the odd gorb lead opponent and jump on that) and he has teams with kael / elhain leading etc.

I am not criticising the content creator, its not his fault- but as you say you are actually punished for grinding, at level 70 i am guaranteed stacked teams so am seriously considering just deleting the account.

But not sure i can be bothered to do another one either to be honest.

Oh and one of my clanmates retired then came back after months off- you should see the teams he gets in bronze 2