All Categories

How to make arena more feasible?

How to make arena more feasible?

Search
Comments
May 28, 2021, 17:2605/28/21
04/14/20

I should add a point I just saw someone making in another thread that I hadn't considered enough, kind of the flip side of what I mentioned above.

On your defense team, having Arbi does also make a big difference in terms of deterring people from attacking you at all. Many people will assume she's super fast and not attack you, even if actually her speed is just that 240 because your gear sucks. If your defense team is led by HK, you'll get attacked far more - which *could* be a good thing if in fact your HK is super fast and you rack up the defensive victories, but for most people it's probably not good. 

May 28, 2021, 17:3505/28/21
May 28, 2021, 17:35(edited)
01/15/21
L9753

If it's a straight comparison Arbiter vs High Khatun, in the same gear and in both cases with Seeker added, then yeah, of course Arbi is a big upgrade. I think maybe I didn't focus enough on the key point that the inequality between players is more about gear (and GH bonuses) than about the champions. If you're facing a veteran player with 320 speed on their Arbi and you have 240 speed on your HK - they'd still outspeed you if they used HK in their Arbi gear and you used Arbi in your HK gear. And the rest of their team will also consist of champions with better gear. 

For me personally, as a player in G4 who has Arbi and doesn't particularly need to worry about medals anymore (though my GH is very, very far from fully built), my biggest problem with arena right now isn't the difficulty as such, but how boring it is that choosing opponents in far too many cases comes down to a guessing game: would their Arbiter/Lyssandra be faster than mine or not? There are fortunately still some speed-lead teams that I can beat even after losing the speed race, so there is still some tactics involved in identifying those teams and adjusting my offense team accordingly, but there are also many where it's clear in advance that it's a pure speed race, whoever has the faster speed lead will win. 

Oh gear is crucial for sure, grinding is the biggest factor in the game.

It just seems that everyone is around the same speed in S4 - somewhere between 285 to 300 sheet speed from what i can see so in that situation 11 points or so seems huge :)

As an example my sheet speed on my seeker is 292, with HK aura that is 311.5 true speed

With a 30% aura? that would be 323 truespeed - it would dramatically improve how often i win the race.

Having said all that i win the speed race half the time anyway so they arent very well built arbiters in S4.