All Categories

How to make arena more feasible?

Search
May 20, 2021, 06:5005/20/21
01/01/21

Fix the arena, how hard is it bring back the bots or split the arena between people that finished their Arbiter missions and those that have not. I should not have to fight 100s of em to get my own, gold 2 is 90% arbiters those should all be in gold 4, hell lock everyone that has reached gold 4 into gold 4 forever.

FIX THE ARENA! not just bronze and silver.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 20, 2021, 07:1105/20/21
04/15/19

Hi Majiebeast, 

I do agree arena in its current state can be frustrating and developers are aware of the issue. If all goes well, we can expect an update this week. Fingers crossed this will help with the struggles that the players are facing!

May 20, 2021, 07:1305/20/21
03/30/19

Arbiter is not unbeatable. I don't even use Arbiter.

Was the question in thread name directed at yourself? 

May 20, 2021, 10:1405/20/21
12/17/20
(JR) RAMBO

Who gives a crap about what you can or cannot do? Or about you in general? If a topic does not concern you why comment on it? Inferiority complex?

May 20, 2021, 11:1105/20/21
03/30/19
BattleHedgehog

Who gives a crap about what you can or cannot do? Or about you in general? If a topic does not concern you why comment on it? Inferiority complex?

He was implying Arbiter is unbeatable. Sorry you guys don't know how to build an arena team, I truly am, but this crying is leading to nowhere. 

OracleCommunity Manager
May 20, 2021, 11:2305/20/21
03/02/21

Hey, guys! Please, try to be constructive in your critics and refrain from insulting other people. The title of the OP is also somewhat offensive. Please, don't title your posts in such a way - this Forum is a place for the exchange of ideas, not for applying some emotional pressure on other people or the company

OracleCommunity Manager
May 20, 2021, 11:3405/20/21
03/02/21

Okay, about the Arena itself - we continue working on the update. Meanwhile, you may post your Champion roster so that experienced players might advise you on some tactical ideas or some gear. Unless we see your roster and the enemy teams you face - it is difficult to address your situation correctly. In general, if you face some strong team in lower Tiers - there are usually some reasons for them to be there, and you actually might have a chance defeating them. If their Player power is far superior to yours, theoretically current matchmaking system should exclude them from your possible list of enemies

May 20, 2021, 11:3705/20/21
02/14/21

we continue working on the update 

theoretically current matchmaking system should exclude them from your possible list of enemies 

😁👎

May 20, 2021, 13:1105/20/21
May 20, 2021, 13:16(edited)
05/03/20
(JR) RAMBO

Blah blah blah, arbiter can be beat, speed teams can be countered. git gud.  

Stop justifying things when even the devs know it is broken as broken can be.  

Amazing how some people think they know better than everyone else.  I get so sick of these "I'm better than you answers." Go thump your chest and inflate your fragile ego elsewhere.  When the forum is filled with complaints there's a problem.  When the devs admit there is a problem, there is a problem.

If ignorance were truly bliss you would be the happiest person in this thread.

(edit) Sorry for my rant - but I get sick and tired of these condescending comments meant only to make the poster feel superior in some way.  

May 20, 2021, 14:4205/20/21
03/30/19
kumacho

Blah blah blah, arbiter can be beat, speed teams can be countered. git gud.  

Stop justifying things when even the devs know it is broken as broken can be.  

Amazing how some people think they know better than everyone else.  I get so sick of these "I'm better than you answers." Go thump your chest and inflate your fragile ego elsewhere.  When the forum is filled with complaints there's a problem.  When the devs admit there is a problem, there is a problem.

If ignorance were truly bliss you would be the happiest person in this thread.

(edit) Sorry for my rant - but I get sick and tired of these condescending comments meant only to make the poster feel superior in some way.  

More like you are upset people are calling you out on being bad when you'd rather shift the blame towards the company and the game itself.

I am chilling in gold 4 with my 3 month old alt just fine. Game knowledge is what you lack, the game is working as intended. 

May 20, 2021, 14:5505/20/21
07/05/19
Krysh

Hi Majiebeast, 

I do agree arena in its current state can be frustrating and developers are aware of the issue. If all goes well, we can expect an update this week. Fingers crossed this will help with the struggles that the players are facing!

It's been a year, A YEAR, Plarium keep saying, "we know the problem in Arena, we're going to fix it" and each new fix eventually makes arena worse, and worse...

So what's new this time around?

May 20, 2021, 15:1605/20/21
03/27/19

arbiter is weak scyl the drake is better 

freaking hate madam she is both cleanser and thinner 

May 28, 2021, 11:2405/28/21
03/12/21

The problem with Arbiter is not her strength as such, but that she has a 30% speed aura and a team turn booster. That combination and the fact that she is a mission chain reward means that she has a disproportionate effect on the arena. If she was a regular lego only then she would be ok, but it is that widespread access that is the issue.

May 28, 2021, 11:4305/28/21
05/02/14

we need ignore option.

May 28, 2021, 11:5605/28/21
05/02/14
(JR) RAMBO

Arena use pyramid sistem. 

That is like have 10 candy and 100 kids, no mather what sistem you use only 10 kids will eat candy. (that was in first year).

Now are like 10k kids. 

if you dont understand better back to school.

May 28, 2021, 12:4205/28/21
May 28, 2021, 12:43(edited)
06/20/20
yellamokara

The problem with Arbiter is not her strength as such, but that she has a 30% speed aura and a team turn booster. That combination and the fact that she is a mission chain reward means that she has a disproportionate effect on the arena. If she was a regular lego only then she would be ok, but it is that widespread access that is the issue.

+1 This is the real problem.

You give arbiter for free to a lot of people. This people was intended to stay at G4 because without Arbiter they were able to reach G4 so with it their team improved. And Im sure it was working like that for months, until those pages of 1 common defense dissapeared, and a big percentage of that people descended to S3.

This mean for X reasons you have been allowing people that did not have arbiter to reach G4, and after the arena changes they are at S3 with Arbiter. One may assume that this same teams without arbiter would be at Bronze. So reality is that you gave Arbiter to teams who, with the current Arena rules, would be at Bronze.

And for the one-upping guy, your particular case in which you are in g4 in 3 months spending god know how much its just annecdotic. You may have had very luck and pull a very good speed counter team but reality is that most of the ppl dont have that luck.

And another thing I would like to say about the Arbiter problem. If I do what plarium gm's suggest about looking for info/advice to know more about the game and I just search in google "rsl arena gold" what I find are videos like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V23_ku0oHU from ColdBrew, who I believe is a well-known content creator of RSL, uploaded in Oct 2020, just 7-8 months old, in which the suggestion to reach gold is making a team with Kathum as leader with 240 speed. This was normal just 7-8 months ago, now go and try to engage any fight at gold with 240 speed, you need about 60 more speed to begin with. With 240 speed GL to leave bronze. So its obvious there is some inconsistence here.

May 28, 2021, 14:4705/28/21
04/14/20
Alezz

+1 This is the real problem.

You give arbiter for free to a lot of people. This people was intended to stay at G4 because without Arbiter they were able to reach G4 so with it their team improved. And Im sure it was working like that for months, until those pages of 1 common defense dissapeared, and a big percentage of that people descended to S3.

This mean for X reasons you have been allowing people that did not have arbiter to reach G4, and after the arena changes they are at S3 with Arbiter. One may assume that this same teams without arbiter would be at Bronze. So reality is that you gave Arbiter to teams who, with the current Arena rules, would be at Bronze.

And for the one-upping guy, your particular case in which you are in g4 in 3 months spending god know how much its just annecdotic. You may have had very luck and pull a very good speed counter team but reality is that most of the ppl dont have that luck.

And another thing I would like to say about the Arbiter problem. If I do what plarium gm's suggest about looking for info/advice to know more about the game and I just search in google "rsl arena gold" what I find are videos like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V23_ku0oHU from ColdBrew, who I believe is a well-known content creator of RSL, uploaded in Oct 2020, just 7-8 months old, in which the suggestion to reach gold is making a team with Kathum as leader with 240 speed. This was normal just 7-8 months ago, now go and try to engage any fight at gold with 240 speed, you need about 60 more speed to begin with. With 240 speed GL to leave bronze. So its obvious there is some inconsistence here.

You seem to think that just having Arbiter will change everything for you in arena... sorry to dash your hopes, but even if you got Arbiter from a lucky void shard tomorrow, her advantage over a team with, let's say, High Khatun and Seeker, is only +/- 10-12 speed from her superior aura, which can be easily compensated if the HK/Seeker team has better gear. If you already have a better aura than HK's, from another lego or from epics like Jinglehunter, Gorgorab, Skullcrown, then the difference is even smaller. Of course Arbi also has the AOE revive, but so do Gorgorab and Duchess - and Duchess is rather tankier, often a harder opponent than Arbiter really. 

Arbiter isn't some kind of arena goddess - she may the best in her category of champions, but not by that much and in fact you could argue Lyssandra is as good or even better, if you look at the speed/turn meter aspect only. And yes, when you see an opponent with Arbiter, you might assume that they also have very good gear and hence their speed advantage will be bigger than this 10-12 speed, but that's not necessarily true. They may be part of that generation of players who joined in the 'bot era' and got to gold IV super easily, never having to build a really good team, then got Arbiter but dropped far back because they had never built the good team or grinded the top gear. Or they may just have gotten Arbi from a lucky void.

Also, you seem confused on the whole 'pages of bot teams' thing, which has nothing to do with people putting 1 common champion on defense. There were never whole pages of only 1 common champion on defense - the 'bot teams' as we called them were stronger than that and often included quite strong champions. They were just abnormally weak and low-level by the standard of the tier they were in. And since it was so easy to farm wins as long as you didn't edge too close to Plat, people felt comfortable putting deliberately weak defenses like that 1 common champion, which they've mostly stopped doing after arena turned hard again. 

May 28, 2021, 15:4305/28/21
01/15/21
L9753

You seem to think that just having Arbiter will change everything for you in arena... sorry to dash your hopes, but even if you got Arbiter from a lucky void shard tomorrow, her advantage over a team with, let's say, High Khatun and Seeker, is only +/- 10-12 speed from her superior aura, which can be easily compensated if the HK/Seeker team has better gear. If you already have a better aura than HK's, from another lego or from epics like Jinglehunter, Gorgorab, Skullcrown, then the difference is even smaller. Of course Arbi also has the AOE revive, but so do Gorgorab and Duchess - and Duchess is rather tankier, often a harder opponent than Arbiter really. 

Arbiter isn't some kind of arena goddess - she may the best in her category of champions, but not by that much and in fact you could argue Lyssandra is as good or even better, if you look at the speed/turn meter aspect only. And yes, when you see an opponent with Arbiter, you might assume that they also have very good gear and hence their speed advantage will be bigger than this 10-12 speed, but that's not necessarily true. They may be part of that generation of players who joined in the 'bot era' and got to gold IV super easily, never having to build a really good team, then got Arbiter but dropped far back because they had never built the good team or grinded the top gear. Or they may just have gotten Arbi from a lucky void.

Also, you seem confused on the whole 'pages of bot teams' thing, which has nothing to do with people putting 1 common champion on defense. There were never whole pages of only 1 common champion on defense - the 'bot teams' as we called them were stronger than that and often included quite strong champions. They were just abnormally weak and low-level by the standard of the tier they were in. And since it was so easy to farm wins as long as you didn't edge too close to Plat, people felt comfortable putting deliberately weak defenses like that 1 common champion, which they've mostly stopped doing after arena turned hard again. 

I think maybe you are under-estimating the advantage a little?

Yes its only 10 or so speed points, but certainly in the lineups i have it is very tight for speed, im pretty tight tuning but passives still get me cut in

And she does a 30% turn meter. Right now i am running seeker into high khatun for double turn meter, it allows me to have a slower nuker, but if i could have seeker and arbi? not only would i benefit from the better aura (which is a big thing with numbers tight) but id have even better turn meter.

No she isnt a magic bullet as you say, but its a big advantage nonetheless? Point taken if you have someone better than HK but many do not.

As for the 'bot' teams i started playing just before they went, its how i pushed into g2 without a clue, from what i remember they were all level 60 etc just put together with no synergy (kael leads etc for example)

May 28, 2021, 15:4905/28/21
06/20/20
L9753

Idk if you missclicked on my comment and cited me when you want to reply to another user because you putting in quotes "pages of bot teams" when I've never said nothing even close to that... Indeed plarium has said there were no bots.

Still I've seen and fought against that teams you are referring and you are wrong. Back at the end of 2020 I was in gold 4 with my crappy kathun/kael/warmaiden/apo team, and I can assure you that from time to time, about 1 of each 5 arena page reloads you could find full or almost full pages of defenses of 1 player. I myself farmed more than 3k gold medals killing them, and I was a new player by that time, I can imagine players which have been benefiting of this for longer sure have the gh completed due to that, with minimal effort.

Also when you said "is only +/- 10-12", it is not a flat value. But even in the case of it being 10-12 more speed it would mean my seeker will be close to 305 sp when, as I put in the previous comment, just 8 months ago content creators were recommending 240 speed for g4.

Also as I've written in other posts here, I dont mind at all if I fight vs a gorgorab/kathun or any other champ lead team and he has worked more than I in getting gear and he wins, thats perfectly normal. Your confussion probably comes from the fact that you dont have a champ atm at S4/G1 so you dont see how S4/G1 is completely flooded of Arbiter teams. Can you see gorbo/kathum/lys/lili teams at S4/G1? Of course. Do you see anyone complaining about that epic/leggos being at S4/G1? No.

May 28, 2021, 16:5705/28/21
04/14/20
Alezz

Idk if you missclicked on my comment and cited me when you want to reply to another user because you putting in quotes "pages of bot teams" when I've never said nothing even close to that... Indeed plarium has said there were no bots.

Still I've seen and fought against that teams you are referring and you are wrong. Back at the end of 2020 I was in gold 4 with my crappy kathun/kael/warmaiden/apo team, and I can assure you that from time to time, about 1 of each 5 arena page reloads you could find full or almost full pages of defenses of 1 player. I myself farmed more than 3k gold medals killing them, and I was a new player by that time, I can imagine players which have been benefiting of this for longer sure have the gh completed due to that, with minimal effort.

Also when you said "is only +/- 10-12", it is not a flat value. But even in the case of it being 10-12 more speed it would mean my seeker will be close to 305 sp when, as I put in the previous comment, just 8 months ago content creators were recommending 240 speed for g4.

Also as I've written in other posts here, I dont mind at all if I fight vs a gorgorab/kathun or any other champ lead team and he has worked more than I in getting gear and he wins, thats perfectly normal. Your confussion probably comes from the fact that you dont have a champ atm at S4/G1 so you dont see how S4/G1 is completely flooded of Arbiter teams. Can you see gorbo/kathum/lys/lili teams at S4/G1? Of course. Do you see anyone complaining about that epic/leggos being at S4/G1? No.

I put 'pages of bot teams' in quotes because of Plarium's claim that they weren't bots - not that they ever gave a serious explanation of what they were instead. You didn't mention those words, but  clearly it was what you were referring to when you talked about players being given Arbiter for free. And I was assuming that you weren't around at the time, since you didn't seem to include yourself in the people who got all those free wins - reading this reply now, seems you did get them but just not long enough to unlock Arbi, which I can imagine is very frustrating. 

As for players having the GH completed due to that, it actually sounds like you didn't miss all that much of the free wins period, most people got probably a few thousand medals like you, maybe somewhat more but not like tens of thousands, unless they were whaling hard on arena refills. As you can see in forum posts or youtube videos from back then, arena was super hard for most of 2020 as well, it was only the final 3-4 months that suddenly it became ludicrously easy. 

Not sure what you mean by 'it's not a flat value'. We're talking 11 percent of the champion's base speed, the difference between HK's aura and Arbi's, so depending on what the champion's base speed is, that's approximately between 10 and 12 speed as I wrote. 

You are absolutely right about the speed requirements in arena becoming crazy, but what I'm saying is, Arbi's not the biggest problem there, gear is. If you had made that 240 speed team in October that you refer to, with HK plus Seeker, and then you switched in Arbi instead, you'd only gain 10-12 speed from her aura - all the rest of the extra speed needed has to come from gear. Though Trevor is right that if you use Arbi *and* Seeker or some other TM increase champion, the difference is bigger. 

I'm indeed not in S4/G1, I'm in G4. The large majority of teams that I see, as you'd expect, is led by Arbi or Lyss - against Lyss I'm even more likely to lose the speed race than against Arbi, though of course Lyss can't revive so it's a different fight. But the teams with different leads aren't necessarily easier. There's Tormin leads, for instance - certainly possible to beat him with a typical speed nuke team, but only with a lot of good RNG/luck to avoid his freezes, so you may have to try two or three times for one win. Duchess leads - you may be faster and attack first, but if she's properly built, you can still easily lose regardless. Siphi leads - you can imagine. 

May 28, 2021, 17:1805/28/21
04/14/20
Trevor Wilson

I think maybe you are under-estimating the advantage a little?

Yes its only 10 or so speed points, but certainly in the lineups i have it is very tight for speed, im pretty tight tuning but passives still get me cut in

And she does a 30% turn meter. Right now i am running seeker into high khatun for double turn meter, it allows me to have a slower nuker, but if i could have seeker and arbi? not only would i benefit from the better aura (which is a big thing with numbers tight) but id have even better turn meter.

No she isnt a magic bullet as you say, but its a big advantage nonetheless? Point taken if you have someone better than HK but many do not.

As for the 'bot' teams i started playing just before they went, its how i pushed into g2 without a clue, from what i remember they were all level 60 etc just put together with no synergy (kael leads etc for example)

If it's a straight comparison Arbiter vs High Khatun, in the same gear and in both cases with Seeker added, then yeah, of course Arbi is a big upgrade. I think maybe I didn't focus enough on the key point that the inequality between players is more about gear (and GH bonuses) than about the champions. If you're facing a veteran player with 320 speed on their Arbi and you have 240 speed on your HK - they'd still outspeed you if they used HK in their Arbi gear and you used Arbi in your HK gear. And the rest of their team will also consist of champions with better gear. 

For me personally, as a player in G4 who has Arbi and doesn't particularly need to worry about medals anymore (though my GH is very, very far from fully built), my biggest problem with arena right now isn't the difficulty as such, but how boring it is that choosing opponents in far too many cases comes down to a guessing game: would their Arbiter/Lyssandra be faster than mine or not? There are fortunately still some speed-lead teams that I can beat even after losing the speed race, so there is still some tactics involved in identifying those teams and adjusting my offense team accordingly, but there are also many where it's clear in advance that it's a pure speed race, whoever has the faster speed lead will win.