All Categories

Getting cut in Arena - Help

Getting cut in Arena - Help

Search
Comments
Apr 10, 2021, 16:2004/10/21
10/15/20
Skadi

I'm in Gold 2 as nearly f2p player, spent not hundreds, only 3.49 € for one small package.

i

Arena is indeed, beside the Doom Tower bosses, the most difficult part of the game. 

You really should avoid fighting teams with unnatural low teampower. The way the teampower (or power of a single hero) is calculated is just stupid. There is a thread about that, resistance counts a lot, while speed has only minor influence to teampower. So if you see a team that is in your tier (especially higher arena tiers), but has absurde low teampower, that's probably a nuker-team with enormous amount of speed. The chance that they will win the speedrace or interrupt is very high. On the other hand, teams like the one I fought here normally don't interrupt. 

Of course avoiding fights if the opponent has lower teampower and looking for teams with higher power to win is absurd, it's the opposite of what Teampower should indicate. Plarium should really rework that. Speed as most important stat in Arena raises the teampower only by a few points.

I never used an arena calculator, I'm to lazy to do that. I know wich teams will interrupt mine and avoid that fights. Of course, sometimes I get surprised by a faster than expected 🏃 enemy. Have to take that as price for not using the calculator.

I have spent less than 20 and stayed in G2 for two weeks so yes it can be done, a lot of it is a lottery though

Looking at your team- i imagine deacon was a game changer for you, i simply cannot pull a good turn meter champ like that (and he has a sweet high damage aoe with def down too!). Knowing the game wont change the champs available to me. I wouldnt care about sliding into silver if the lower tiers were actually easier, but as i have high player power they wont be.

Anyway....OP i avoid unnaturally low power teams too...i find myself saying 'its a trap' in an admiral ackbar voice lol

I also dont fall for the single champs which just happen to have 75k power :)

Apr 10, 2021, 18:2504/10/21
02/17/20
evilized6666

interesting because as in my op im already at 202 speed and get cut quit a bit atm.

Not sure if mentioned already but based on set up. If elder skarg or war maiden are critting and the enemy has cycle of revenge masteries, this could add towards issues too.

Apr 10, 2021, 20:1004/10/21
11/16/20
Gruumsh87

Not sure if mentioned already but based on set up. If elder skarg or war maiden are critting and the enemy has cycle of revenge masteries, this could add towards issues too.

I use skarg second to drop a aoe fear/taunt on the opposing team so it's not a crit issue. For some reason doom screech is my biggest offender, I see nothing in his kit though that is causing the issue. I go first and my hk fills my teams turn meter and everyone is sitting over 100% meter then for some reason the other teams booster goes and their entire team will go before even my skarg turn comes up.

Apr 10, 2021, 21:2504/10/21
10/15/20
evilized6666

I use skarg second to drop a aoe fear/taunt on the opposing team so it's not a crit issue. For some reason doom screech is my biggest offender, I see nothing in his kit though that is causing the issue. I go first and my hk fills my teams turn meter and everyone is sitting over 100% meter then for some reason the other teams booster goes and their entire team will go before even my skarg turn comes up.

Are you sure its doomscreech?

If i am cut in, over half the time it is by a seeker who looks similar

Apr 10, 2021, 21:3904/10/21
11/16/20
trevor.wilson

Are you sure its doomscreech?

If i am cut in, over half the time it is by a seeker who looks similar

Yes you are right it was seeker I meant.

Apr 10, 2021, 23:2604/10/21
10/15/20

Neither Seeker nore Doomscreech have something special to intercept in their skillset. If they do, they are very fast or have Cycle of Revenge masterie skilled, or both.

Apr 11, 2021, 01:4304/11/21
05/13/19

All the heroes moving after High Khatun are not Speed Tune.

If the Enemy Team Turn Meter Filling Champion is fast enough, They will cut in before Elder Skarg.

It doesn't matter who the enemy Turn Meter Filling Champion is.

- Seeker

- Doomscreech

- Any of them can cut as long as they are fast enough to be in the Speed Cutting Window.

To avoid being Speed Cutting, you have 3 options.

Option 1 - You Add more Speed to Elder Skarg, Warmaiden, & Kael

Option 2 - You Add more Turn Meter Filling 

Option 3 - You Add a hero who Decrease Enemy Turn Meter

Option 1 & 2 are ideal because you take no Risk.

Option 3 is risky because you take a lot of Risk.

Option 1 & 2 are ideal because those are things which you can control

Option 3 is risky because it involves doing things to the enemy - It could Fail if the Enemy Resists you.

Example of Option 1:

Change Elder Skarg Speed to 225

Change Warmaiden Speed to 222

Change Kael Speed to 218

Example of Option 2:

Swap out Elder Skarg for Gorgorab 

or Swap out Elder Skarg for Seeker

It would lower the Speed Requirements for your follow up hero's

Example of Option 3:

Swap out Elder Skarg for Psylar.

You would need Pyslar with tons of ACC so to avoid being Resisted.

If Successful, Your follow up hero's will have lower Speed Requirements.

If Failure, The Enemy team will cut in before your Warmaiden.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 More Issues I see wrong with your team besides the Speed Cutting Issue.

1 - Your Fastest Speed Champion isn't in 3 Speed sets

I don't want to get into a debate as to why you only have 2 Speed sets on High Khatun.

The end result of the debate is always the same.

You want your fastest champion in 6 Speed Pieces.

You need to farm Dragon till you get Insane Speed Pieces to can make it happen.

2 - Your Damage Dealer is lacking Increase Attack Buff.

You are missing out on a lot of Damage.

It is a huge loss because your Kael may not nuke hard enough to 1 shot enemy team.

Apr 11, 2021, 10:4204/11/21
10/15/20
Skadi

Neither Seeker nore Doomscreech have something special to intercept in their skillset. If they do, they are very fast or have Cycle of Revenge masterie skilled, or both.

Yeh we know, its just funny that we have the same bogey man in arena

In my case when i am cut in, i know why - my nuker is a touch too slow. I imagine numbers are tight which is why despite the small opportunity it happens so often

In the OP's case though the calculator suggests his second champ is just about quick enough- which is odd. Maybe i plugged it in wrong *shrug*

Apr 12, 2021, 01:5604/12/21
08/09/20
evilized6666

interesting because as in my op im already at 202 speed and get cut quit a bit atm.

Actually, I think your sheet speed needs to be 201.66...so basically 202. And I've heard that the calculator isn't always exact, so you need to be above that number to not get cut in on.