All Categories

What really needs a fix is not the arena, it's the spam detection bot

Search
Mar 31, 2021, 09:0803/31/21
03/23/21

Dear Plarium, 

congratulations for using the worst spam detection bot in history here in the forum.

My account is banned for the third time "for the fact of spamming", and now the ban is supposed to last for one year. 

i

But where is the Spam? Please show me just one post I made that deserves to be handled as spam.

I think your spam detection bot uses skillfull and intelligent mechanics like "post per day ratio". So if I sell my penis-enlargement products here only once a week I'm not a spammer, but if I recommend good arena teams twice a day I am? What's your problem with players talking about the game? Talking about the game is literally the reason why this forum exists. 

The post I could not make because it was "detected as spam" and lead to the ban was in this Thread. The thread-op struggled in magic keep, I suggested to use Skinner until he get's some better heros with buff stealing or removing. Is that spam? 

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 31, 2021, 09:2203/31/21
04/14/20

Yeah, it's completely bugged. I've also gotten auto-banned twice now, in both cases obviously not for actual spamming. The first time if I remember right, it was because I wanted to edit a post immediately after making it, to fix some error I saw just when I posted it - which the system interpreted as making too many posts too fast, hence 'spam' and the auto-ban. The second time, no idea what even set it off, I was just writing a normal reply. 

This new forum system is pretty terrible in many ways - not being able to quote part of an earlier post, just all or nothing, comes to mind - but that's probably the worst aspect, yes. 

Mar 31, 2021, 09:2903/31/21
03/23/21
L9753

Yeah, it's completely bugged. I've also gotten auto-banned twice now, in both cases obviously not for actual spamming. The first time if I remember right, it was because I wanted to edit a post immediately after making it, to fix some error I saw just when I posted it - which the system interpreted as making too many posts too fast, hence 'spam' and the auto-ban. The second time, no idea what even set it off, I was just writing a normal reply. 

This new forum system is pretty terrible in many ways - not being able to quote part of an earlier post, just all or nothing, comes to mind - but that's probably the worst aspect, yes. 

So your next ban, and it will come if you just use the forum and comment on other threads, will take one year as well.

And nobody at Plarium seems to be interested about it. A thread about the problem (I posted there with my real account, that is banned now without any reason), another thread about the problem (where the thread-op seemed to be really angry 😈). Plarium's reaction: 🙈🙉🙊

OracleCommunity Manager
Mar 31, 2021, 09:3503/31/21
03/02/21

Hi! The ban that you got was indeed a mistake. We've unbanned you. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Our spam detection algorithm is gradually improving but we admit that occasionally it mis-reads some messages.

Mar 31, 2021, 09:4103/31/21
10/15/20

That was indeed a fast help, thank you.

Mar 31, 2021, 09:4403/31/21
03/30/19

Wow that sucks, and the actual spammers aka arena crybabies are still allowed to post 100 threads per day on the same issue without as much as a warning, damn!

Luckily @Oracle was here to help quickly but still the thought of myself getting banned for no reason makes me vary of these forums. 

Mar 31, 2021, 14:5503/31/21
02/19/21

Wow, that sucks @Skadi, but good thing that the mistake was fixed quickly.

Well @AirMaxxx I get your point. I mean, I posted one of these "Need help in Arena" topics myself not long ago. As I said, I nearly feel ashamed for being the next guy who is stuck and needs some extra help. But on the other hand, you can't deny that there is a reason for all this threads complaining about the arena system and as long as the "problem" is present, I think honest asks for help could and should be respectet. (But the arena topic shouldn't be discussed here in detail...)

Yet I think that a better concentration of these similar topics could be pleasent for those of you who comment alot here.

Mar 31, 2021, 14:5903/31/21
03/30/19
Moe474747

Wow, that sucks @Skadi, but good thing that the mistake was fixed quickly.

Well @AirMaxxx I get your point. I mean, I posted one of these "Need help in Arena" topics myself not long ago. As I said, I nearly feel ashamed for being the next guy who is stuck and needs some extra help. But on the other hand, you can't deny that there is a reason for all this threads complaining about the arena system and as long as the "problem" is present, I think honest asks for help could and should be respectet. (But the arena topic shouldn't be discussed here in detail...)

Yet I think that a better concentration of these similar topics could be pleasent for those of you who comment alot here.

You're absolutely right that those asking legitimate advice on here should be respected.

I am not at all talking about those players! In fact I don't mind giving advice at all, and think asking for it is a good thing and everyone struggling in arena should be doing it. 

The reason for the daily arena threads is the removal of the bot pages that made everyone climb without any effort, so now that arena is normalized people are finding it harder to progress because players dropped ranks from the top down. 

Apr 14, 2021, 22:4804/14/21
Apr 14, 2021, 22:52(edited)
03/23/21

Come on, Plarium. Not again.

In this thread somebody wrote the theory that inactive arena teams sink down to Bronze because they don't get points from defensive wins. I wrote that it's not true, defensive arena wins give points to you. I further wrote that there is a mechanic to prevent manipulations because attacking the same player all the time doesn't give points to the defender more than once (or 3 times, I don't remember). That's not spam. 

And maybe you could just set my ban counter back to zero, because all these spam-bans where unjustified.

And if you want to do a really big favour to your forum users, just disable the possibility of auto-ban. Let your detection bot set a mark and a moderator takes a look if it's justified to ban or not manually. Your Spam-detection just doesn't work.

Apr 15, 2021, 13:5604/15/21
03/23/21

I want my forum account back.

i

Apr 16, 2021, 17:4104/16/21
03/23/21

Your account was used for spamming. Due to this fact, your access to the forum is restricted until 4/14/202210:40 PM. 

I did not spam. And I will post here in this topic once a day until I get my real account back. Your spam detection algorithm doesn't work.

Apr 17, 2021, 08:5004/17/21
03/23/21

Dear Community Managers, you helped me once, you can help me again with the same problem.

Apr 17, 2021, 11:3904/17/21
06/27/20
Skadis Revenge

Come on, Plarium. Not again.

In this thread somebody wrote the theory that inactive arena teams sink down to Bronze because they don't get points from defensive wins. I wrote that it's not true, defensive arena wins give points to you. I further wrote that there is a mechanic to prevent manipulations because attacking the same player all the time doesn't give points to the defender more than once (or 3 times, I don't remember). That's not spam. 

And maybe you could just set my ban counter back to zero, because all these spam-bans where unjustified.

And if you want to do a really big favour to your forum users, just disable the possibility of auto-ban. Let your detection bot set a mark and a moderator takes a look if it's justified to ban or not manually. Your Spam-detection just doesn't work.

Did you post any links there? That's what got me banned twice. I almost stopped writing here to avoid bans and frustration they bring.

Apr 18, 2021, 06:3704/18/21
03/23/21

🙈🙉🙊

Just the daily "I want my account back"-post. I'll write that once a day until it works. And you should really disable your auto-ban function, if you allready know it doesn't work from the last time.

Apr 18, 2021, 07:0704/18/21
05/13/19

The  funny/sad  part  of  this  whole  situation is  I  thought  I  was  only  one.

It  gives  me a  little  joy  to  know  I'm  not  alone.  LOL

I  have  been  ban  over  10  times  due  to  spam  bot.

I went  to  support  team  freaking  out.

I  told  them  my  account  was  being targted  by  the  spam  bot.

They  did  an  investigation which  lasted  over  2  weeks  resulting in  me  being  innocent  &  my  account  not  being  targeted.  LOL

I  am  still 100%  convienced  that  I  am  being  Silenced  by  the  MAN.

The  MAN  is  trying  to  keep  me  down.

Anger,  Frustration,  &  Hatred  these  are the tools used  by  the  MAN.

The  MAN  seeks  to  cage  you.

If  you  let  the  MAN  alter  your  joyful  disposition,  you  will  be  a  prisoner  in  your  own  Body.

Don't  let  these  negative things  change  you.

Peace,  Love,  &  Happiness these  are  the  most  important things.

Remember,  Good  will  always  triumph over  Evil.

Apr 18, 2021, 20:1704/18/21
02/08/20
(JR) RAMBO

You're absolutely right that those asking legitimate advice on here should be respected.

I am not at all talking about those players! In fact I don't mind giving advice at all, and think asking for it is a good thing and everyone struggling in arena should be doing it. 

The reason for the daily arena threads is the removal of the bot pages that made everyone climb without any effort, so now that arena is normalized people are finding it harder to progress because players dropped ranks from the top down. 

This got to be one of the most ignorant descriptions of this problem. 

"now that arena is normalized "    

The problem is that "normal" arena are extremely flawed!  I did not like their "solution" with mindless easy win bots. But the "normal" is OP teams with 10 best champs in the game, and 90% are super fast teams. I am in Silver3 and face maybe 1 team I can beat with my best arena teams.  And I do have some good Arena champs too, just not the speed to beat them.  I do beat a few, but that are always hard fights.  I do not mind that at all, but I do min that 9/10 are impossible matchup.  

And that is the biggest flaw of this system, it tottaly fails with matchmaking, cuase it has none.  I play a few other games like this, and for instance Marvel SF, has a good MM system for arena. You get to face teams at your own lvl +/1. There are no easy wins, but always a chance.  And that is how arena systems should work! 

So i find it very ignorant that you and others think that this does not deserve to be talked about. We should all talk about this until Plarium step up and fix this properly! 

Apr 19, 2021, 11:0604/19/21
03/23/21
sirrobinz123

This got to be one of the most ignorant descriptions of this problem. 

"now that arena is normalized "    

The problem is that "normal" arena are extremely flawed!  I did not like their "solution" with mindless easy win bots. But the "normal" is OP teams with 10 best champs in the game, and 90% are super fast teams. I am in Silver3 and face maybe 1 team I can beat with my best arena teams.  And I do have some good Arena champs too, just not the speed to beat them.  I do beat a few, but that are always hard fights.  I do not mind that at all, but I do min that 9/10 are impossible matchup.  

And that is the biggest flaw of this system, it tottaly fails with matchmaking, cuase it has none.  I play a few other games like this, and for instance Marvel SF, has a good MM system for arena. You get to face teams at your own lvl +/1. There are no easy wins, but always a chance.  And that is how arena systems should work! 

So i find it very ignorant that you and others think that this does not deserve to be talked about. We should all talk about this until Plarium step up and fix this properly! 

We have enough "Arena-Threads" in the forum. Please don't use my "I want my account back"-thread for that arena discuission.

@ Plarium: I want my account back! 

Feb 22, 2022, 12:0702/22/22
03/23/21

Wow, nearly one year without unjustified ban. My last post in this thread was in April 2021, now we have Februar 2022. Your spam detection bot gets better and better. Maybe next time we can hit the bar of one full year? 🎂

Feb 22, 2022, 18:2402/22/22
12/19/19
Skadis Revenge

Wow, nearly one year without unjustified ban. My last post in this thread was in April 2021, now we have Februar 2022. Your spam detection bot gets better and better. Maybe next time we can hit the bar of one full year? 🎂

I think it still is broken, but I love reading old threads.  Nice bump 😆!! Good to see old school arena complaining weaved into any thread.

I have received multiple bans from both bots and mods in last 12 months, all unjustified of course 😆 🤣 😂 

Feb 22, 2022, 18:3602/22/22
06/25/20
Skadis Revenge

Lol - ask Harbby/Quinn how often I message them asking to be unbanned. It's often several times per week :/

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 22, 2022, 19:3902/22/22
02/24/19

We are here for you when it gets you. Just DM me and I'll fix it. We try and look daily, but sometimes I am pretty busy IRL.