All Categories

PLARIUM, FIX ARENA!

PLARIUM, FIX ARENA!

Search
Comments
Jul 4, 2020, 15:4907/04/20
05/26/20

stevensdominic said:

Not only is progress through the arena broken but they have included arena progress into ordinary game sequence  progression.Stupid  as fk to get a bottleneck that not even buying packs will get you past. Plarium will not be getting my money anymore . 

Yep. No more money from me while arena remains in its current state. Honestly I'll never be a whale spender, but I would regularly make smaller purchases if I felt that they cared enough to keep the game viable for F2P and low spenders.

They've already lost out on several purchases I would have made between the time I decided to close my wallet and now.
Jul 4, 2020, 17:0107/04/20
12/01/18
stevensdominic said:

Not only is progress through the arena broken but they have included arena progress into ordinary game sequence  progression.Stupid  as fk to get a bottleneck that not even buying packs will get you past. Plarium will not be getting my money anymore . 
Exactly, I'm on the verge of quitting because of this STUPID issue.
Jul 4, 2020, 17:0307/04/20
12/01/18
OzzLee said:

Rauthma said:

I'm turning into a broken record talking about how broken arena is and how that's the only thing stopping Plarium from getting any more money out of me.

But alas, I will keep saying it and responding to arena posts in the hopes that the CM's that monitor this forum go back to the dev team and say "look guys, we have a problem and it's only getting worse".

And it is getting worse. I'm stuck in Bronze 4 and have a feeling that even though I am improving my team as I can, I will soon be stuck in Bronze 3 because the opponents are getting harder every day.

I get a little better, matchmaking gives me teams that are a lot better. Not a very rewarding experience.

Doing an experiment right now and just intentionally putting myself in Bronze 1, kinda surprised that fully ugraded fully ascended teams of legendaries are so common even in Bronze 1
IKR, it's ridiculous.
Jul 4, 2020, 17:0807/04/20
05/26/20

They should also change the rules for turn meter manipulation and speed for arena so that those aspects don't rule the roost. 

Look at the champs people use in arena. By far it's the ones that boost speed and turn meter (or reduce enemy speed and turn meter) that people are playing. There are so many more abilities and aspects to this game that it's a shame arena primarily boils down to who goes first and most often. I find it very distasteful. 

Turn for turn would be a better way to do it, with speed determine who goes first and in what order on each team, but still allowing players the opportunity to engage.

Nothing is more frustrating than going into battle and not even getting a turn because you have been "out speeded". It gives you no choice but to compete for who stacks the most speed. It's pretty lame.
May 1, 2021, 00:1705/01/21
May 1, 2021, 00:17(edited)
10/19/20

aaaaand nothing been fixed. actually got way worse.

No arena fix = no more money.

May 1, 2021, 02:4205/01/21
07/05/19

Aaaaah the good old days when the problem for most new players is going to Silver 1

May 1, 2021, 09:2905/01/21
04/12/21

As far as dropping like a rock from any tier you were in before the big arena "fix", it has to do with their method of the weekly reset. Wherever you are on the points scale in any tier, upon reset you get dropped to the very bottom threshold of your tier. That may involve hundreds of points equivalent to many battles they  never fought.  That happens in the wee hours of (my) morning, when they are vulnerable to any number of hits from those trying to recover and stay in the tier.  So one or two battles later they enter the next lower tier, and if they are never able to mount up to the tier they were in, bam, they gat whacked down to the next lower threshold and on and on.

So in a few weeks you may really plummet until you can find a place you can compete.

May 1, 2021, 09:4505/01/21
May 1, 2021, 09:52(edited)
01/31/21

My PP (lvl54) rised from 445k to 485k (i pulled couple of champs that want to skill up) and now i dropoed from s3 to s2 and opponents on each roll are impossible to win ( can find maybe 1 per roll), before when my lvl and PP was lover (380-415k) i had no issues to stay in S3 and have 5-7 wins per roll, it was couple of weeks ago. My arena team is stable with little tweeks of speed overtieme.

I was focusing on arena so i stripped my roster to bare bones, and didnt pull any shards. Now i focusing back to build my roster and area getting more and more difficult as i started to levleing my new champs.

With upcoming weekly reset i will be down to S1 which WILL have  f*big impact on my Dungons and CB damage output

May 2, 2021, 09:5105/02/21
04/12/21
tanthil

My PP (lvl54) rised from 445k to 485k (i pulled couple of champs that want to skill up) and now i dropoed from s3 to s2 and opponents on each roll are impossible to win ( can find maybe 1 per roll), before when my lvl and PP was lover (380-415k) i had no issues to stay in S3 and have 5-7 wins per roll, it was couple of weeks ago. My arena team is stable with little tweeks of speed overtieme.

I was focusing on arena so i stripped my roster to bare bones, and didnt pull any shards. Now i focusing back to build my roster and area getting more and more difficult as i started to levleing my new champs.

With upcoming weekly reset i will be down to S1 which WILL have  f*big impact on my Dungons and CB damage output

right, I just do not see the point of that weekly reset  down to the BOTTOM of your tier...why not just leave things be?  We should not have to resort to so many shenanigans just to work around what the game has done to us.

I started the game over as FTP about 3 weeks ago (I was in G4 FTP but was being reset down to hades)....holding my own in Bronze 1 & 2, but yes lots of big guns in this tier.  They look like dropdowns from higher tiers that can't stay afloat there.

Why drag it out?  Just drop everyone down to Bronze 1 and be done with it, already!!  Let everyone fight their way back up if they can but get rid of the reset.

May 2, 2021, 10:3005/02/21
06/07/20

It´s EASY-------> rework Arena or rework pairing

People don´t play more with this F****** system and leave the game after weeks 

May 2, 2021, 13:1305/02/21
07/08/17

Why  does plarium  base  arena  matching on  account power  rather than the team that's actually in the arena?  I  only get to use  4  champions  per  matc.  And  since progression in  all  other  areas is  dependent on  doing well in the arena your customers are  in  a  catch  22  trap.  I've spent a  lot of money on this game.  Never again.

Sure  hope  upper management sees  the  lack  of  common sense and  fires  some  people who seem to have been born without any 

May 2, 2021, 15:2205/02/21
12/30/20

FIX THE ARENA, IF YOU WON'T, REMOVE IT FROM DAILY QUEST OR ADVANCED QUEST SPECIALLY THE QUEST FOR COLLECTING ARENA ITEMS. IT WAS SAID TO BE FREE TO PLAY FRIENDLY NOT UGLY. YOU WON'T EVEN GIVE US GOOD CHAMPIONS, YOU RESERVE IT FOR THOSE WHO PAY, FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!

May 2, 2021, 16:0605/02/21
05/03/20

Make the power metric mean something...Right now you really have no idea if you're a match for a team.  A power 217 team can be beaten by a power 100 team. There's no logic to it.

It needs to make sense and we need a better way of gaging  the competition. 

May 2, 2021, 16:3905/02/21
07/01/20

Every Monday morning I appear with only 1100 at the beginning of bronze III, after all week trying to even get to bronze IV, it is not funny, not funny ... 

i

i

i

May 2, 2021, 16:4205/02/21
07/01/20

I am, level 55 and I have to fight with levels 58, 59, 60, 61, some with more power almost always 

May 2, 2021, 17:5405/02/21
10/15/20
Oracle

I am, level 55 and I have to fight with levels 58, 59, 60, 61, some with more power almost always 

Your team could be much more sucessfull if you replace Reliquary Tender with Warmaiden or a similar champ with def debuff.

May 2, 2021, 18:4305/02/21
11/16/20
Oracle

Every Monday morning I appear with only 1100 at the beginning of bronze III, after all week trying to even get to bronze IV, it is not funny, not funny ... 

i

i

i

You have scyl from daily log in rewards? If so you really should have a team with all 60s, ascended, and masteries. You're comp is sub par in that set up you should replace reliquary tender for a defense down champion. Not to be mean but that team you are running belongs in bronze, do a little research and make a team with better synergy and farm so gear for them, and six star your champs!

May 2, 2021, 20:4305/02/21
12/28/20

Bronze II right now. When i look at my opponents i see an average of one lego per team, 1-2 60s, most fully ascended and team/speed optimised, aka 3 buffers/debuffers and one aoe nuker, all going before me.

A simple solution is to sort opponents not only by arena points, which has lots of older inactive players  clogging up the lower tiers, but by player level as well. You just dont get rect by Level 80+ players with a power level of over 900.000, who didnt open Raid for the last 2 month anymore. No need to even open more leagues, just let a algorythm in the background sort potential opponents by comparable levels. That way the lower level whales still have an advantage, which Plarium wants, as its their source of income, but other players still hva a chance. I am not spending much, but if this arena sh.t keeps the way it is, i wont even do that anymore.

May 2, 2021, 21:2005/02/21
10/15/20
Smutje Fischkopf

Bronze II right now. When i look at my opponents i see an average of one lego per team, 1-2 60s, most fully ascended and team/speed optimised, aka 3 buffers/debuffers and one aoe nuker, all going before me.

A simple solution is to sort opponents not only by arena points, which has lots of older inactive players  clogging up the lower tiers, but by player level as well. You just dont get rect by Level 80+ players with a power level of over 900.000, who didnt open Raid for the last 2 month anymore. No need to even open more leagues, just let a algorythm in the background sort potential opponents by comparable levels. That way the lower level whales still have an advantage, which Plarium wants, as its their source of income, but other players still hva a chance. I am not spending much, but if this arena sh.t keeps the way it is, i wont even do that anymore.

That is as bad as punishing people for having high player power.

It goes against the idea of progression, people should not be punished for developing their accounts.

May 2, 2021, 21:3005/02/21
12/28/20

Where do you see a "punishment"? Because they cant farm newbies anymore? Boohoo, cry me a river.

Some people do this on purpose, have a strong offense team to farm easily and a weak def so they dont rise out of the weak player fishing pond.

The concept is to fight amongst equals, get doable, but not neccesarily easy victories, which on the other hand means new players stand a chance and not quit out of frustration, so Plarium loses potential revenue. Come on, its like boxing, you wont see a welterweight fighting a heavyweight. The heavyweight isnt "punished" for his weight, but put into a league with others who have a fair chance to compete.