All Categories

New player seeking help in building an Arena team

Search
Mar 18, 2020, 02:3703/18/20
03/18/20

Afternoon All

First post. I've been playing for just over two weeks and have Kael at lvl 60. I'm looking for advice on how to build teams, what I should be looking for etc. Should I begin by listing the champions I hve right now?

Thanks in advance

Morty

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 18, 2020, 04:1203/18/20
12/19/19
Yes. List and post a screenshot of who you have. 
Mar 18, 2020, 05:1003/18/20
11/28/19

In bronze and silver, the most common champions are kael (or other blue starter), apothecary, spirithost, warmaiden. Other common ones include the other starters, high khatun, and shaman. Then you get the random epics/legendaries that people get. Seekers are pretty common too. Gorgorab and Skullcrown are instantly put in there as well.

You will see Kael/Apothecary and even high khatun through gold up to gold 4.

Most of these teams are built on spirit host/high khatun speed aura, into an apothecary with max speed (or seeker) and some speed boost to get warmaiden to cast its defense down debuff and kael to drop the nuke.

How do you counter this? Red champions. Sub Gold levels, most teams don't have great gear (or they would be higher) and those teams that I just listed are one trick ponies. Their warmaidens are geared for max speed and damage. Kael is high crit and high damage. Basically if you kill kael, you won. Or you survive Kael's a2 nuke, you won.

You want your main heavy hitter to be Force...Relic Keeper is golden at this. What you want is to either win the speed race (with your own speed lead) or you want red champions. They are harder to be crit and take less damage from Kael (athel/elhain, etc)....and they get more crits and more damage on kael.

Leveling Kael is what everyone does (like you did) and its a very reasonable thing to do. But to destroy kael teams, go Red. Any red damage epic, Lutheia, Alika, Teshada, Bloodfeather, etc that can do high damage (not a poisoner like Erinyes) will make it a lot easier.

You need to show us the rest of your toons, but honestly about 50% of the teams below gold 2 have a blue starter champ as their dps. If you have a couple of toons that are red, those toons will take a lot less damage and make losing in the speed department less miserable. You will then be neutral to warmaiden and affinitiy positive to apothecary...

So in short,

Win speed contest or survive opener

Kill Kael

Kill warmaiden

Kill apothecary

Kill 4th

Mar 18, 2020, 20:1003/18/20
03/18/20
Thanks for your help: With what I currently have I was thinking: Kael, Jizoh, Warmaiden and one other from Athel, Warpreist, Coldheart, Drake or somehting else from the screenshot...
Mar 18, 2020, 20:1103/18/20
03/18/20
Sorry 
Mar 18, 2020, 20:1203/18/20
03/18/20

Thank you, screenshot posted.

rcw said:

In bronze and silver, the most common champions are kael (or other blue starter), apothecary, spirithost, warmaiden. Other common ones include the other starters, high khatun, and shaman. Then you get the random epics/legendaries that people get. Seekers are pretty common too. Gorgorab and Skullcrown are instantly put in there as well.

You will see Kael/Apothecary and even high khatun through gold up to gold 4.

Most of these teams are built on spirit host/high khatun speed aura, into an apothecary with max speed (or seeker) and some speed boost to get warmaiden to cast its defense down debuff and kael to drop the nuke.

How do you counter this? Red champions. Sub Gold levels, most teams don't have great gear (or they would be higher) and those teams that I just listed are one trick ponies. Their warmaidens are geared for max speed and damage. Kael is high crit and high damage. Basically if you kill kael, you won. Or you survive Kael's a2 nuke, you won.

You want your main heavy hitter to be Force...Relic Keeper is golden at this. What you want is to either win the speed race (with your own speed lead) or you want red champions. They are harder to be crit and take less damage from Kael (athel/elhain, etc)....and they get more crits and more damage on kael.

Leveling Kael is what everyone does (like you did) and its a very reasonable thing to do. But to destroy kael teams, go Red. Any red damage epic, Lutheia, Alika, Teshada, Bloodfeather, etc that can do high damage (not a poisoner like Erinyes) will make it a lot easier.

You need to show us the rest of your toons, but honestly about 50% of the teams below gold 2 have a blue starter champ as their dps. If you have a couple of toons that are red, those toons will take a lot less damage and make losing in the speed department less miserable. You will then be neutral to warmaiden and affinitiy positive to apothecary...

So in short,

Win speed contest or survive opener

Kill Kael

Kill warmaiden

Kill apothecary

Kill 4th

Mar 18, 2020, 20:1303/18/20
03/18/20
Thank you. Screenshot posted 

Trips said:

Yes. List and post a screenshot of who you have. 

Mar 19, 2020, 00:5103/19/20
12/19/19
I don't know everyone by picture. But it looks like you have focused most of your resources into upgrading attackers. I think your next 60 needs to be more of a support, Apothecary would be ideal but I don't think I see him.  Save your shards for 2x event. Don't use Epic books unless you are sure you are using on someone really good.  Keep farming,12.3 Brutal if you can w/Kael.
Mar 19, 2020, 03:3703/19/20
11/28/19

Jizoh is not that great for offense unless you make a tank team. You could with executioner and his a3.

If it were me from that list, I would use spirithost. Speed lead, debuff removal, block debuffs, attack buff.

I would gear spirithost for pure speed, would have her buff attack, have warmaiden go next and drop defense, then have kael nuke. If you use coldheart, she can either finish someone off or take turn meter.

Mind you this is the exact team my suggestion would be to counter. If you run this team, it will be a pure gear race against most teams.

Mar 19, 2020, 21:1303/19/20
03/18/20
Trips said:

I don't know everyone by picture. But it looks like you have focused most of your resources into upgrading attackers. I think your next 60 needs to be more of a support, Apothecary would be ideal but I don't think I see him.  Save your shards for 2x event. Don't use Epic books unless you are sure you are using on someone really good.  Keep farming,12.3 Brutal if you can w/Kael.
Thanks again. I was thinking of using Jizoh as defense, I also have Shaman, I can't farm 12.3 brutal yet, still on 12.3 hard.because I'm only as far as Valdemar in Brutal.
Mar 19, 2020, 21:1503/19/20
03/18/20
rcw said:

Jizoh is not that great for offense unless you make a tank team. You could with executioner and his a3.

If it were me from that list, I would use spirithost. Speed lead, debuff removal, block debuffs, attack buff.

I would gear spirithost for pure speed, would have her buff attack, have warmaiden go next and drop defense, then have kael nuke. If you use coldheart, she can either finish someone off or take turn meter.

Mind you this is the exact team my suggestion would be to counter. If you run this team, it will be a pure gear race against most teams.

Is there an order they should be put in for better results? Let's say I use Kael. Warmaiden, Shaman and (Jizoh or spirithost or drake or Athel).
Mar 20, 2020, 03:1703/20/20
Mar 20, 2020, 03:26(edited)
05/13/19

A Beginner Arena Offense - Speed set up includes:

Leader: Spirithost - Speed Aura 10%

1st move: Diabolist ---------> Turn Meter Filling

2nd move: Spirithost -------> Increase Attack 50%

3rd move: Warmaiden -----> Decrease Enemy Defense 60%

4th move: Starter -----------> AOE Nuke

You can check out examples of the above team on youtube.

A Beginner Arena Defense - Defense set up includes:

Leader: Executioner - Defense Aura 17% 

1st move: Shaman ---------> Reviving

2nd move: Witness ---------> Shielding  <---- I think I recommend War Priest in my Guide for Healing 

3rd move: Executioner -----> AOE Nuke

4th move: Jizoh -----------> Provoke <--------- A few people who tried the team recommended using Templar

You can check out examples of the above team from my Arena Guide which is the below link.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/673_guides-and-tutorials/135577_arena-defense-guide-for-beginners/

Mar 21, 2020, 04:5103/21/20
11/28/19

Player J and I are saying the same thing.

Once you do this, you will be the same as most teams in silver that don't have a game changing epic or legendary (madame serris, miscreated monster, any top legendary, skullcrown, etc.)....

Then you will find the entire arena situation until you get really diverse champs is...whomever wins speed wins...well, when you fight very similar teams. That means you will avoid anyone with a battlesage, skullcrown, duchess, gorgorab, high khatun, etc lead, because you will lose on speed.

My advice, aside for hoping for some really good epics/legendaries, or some good red champs (which will let you counter these) is not to worry or invest too energy/time into warmaiden and spirithost. Not they aren't good for arena, but they are not end game champs and until you can get into gold arena is not that rewarding.

I would still use coldheart, who is not a good arena champ, but because she is a GREAT endgame toon and you investment in her now will be rewarded forever. You look like a low spender/free player. If that is correct, then you have to be smart about your resources.

Early in the game, you want to get a campaign farmer and very good long-term toons to level 60. On your account that is Kael, Coldheart. There is very little value for being 1800s vs 1600s in arena given the effort at your level to get higher.

But if you really want to max out arena, Player J/my advice will help you.

Good luck.

Mar 22, 2020, 20:0003/22/20
03/18/20

Thank you so much.

Player J said:

2nd move: Witness ---------> Shielding  <---- I think I recommend War Priest in my Guide for Healing 

4th move: Jizoh -----------> Provoke <--------- A few people who tried the team recommended using Templar

You can check out examples of the above team from my Arena Guide which is the below link.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/673_guides-and-tutorials/135577_arena-defense-guide-for-beginners/

Mar 22, 2020, 20:2603/22/20
03/18/20
Player J said:

When you say speed set up does that mean every single artifact for every champion needs to be from the speed set?
Mar 30, 2020, 21:1403/30/20
03/18/20

This has really helped, thanks. I have the Offense lineup as below and now working on the right artifacts (with what i have).

For defense I will go for:

Executioner, Shaman, Warpriest, Kael and one other; maybe diabolist, coldheart, spirithost?

I will get High Katun today - where does this fit in either team please?

Player J said:

Mar 31, 2020, 08:1003/31/20
02/20/20

Speed > AOE > AOE > AOE

There is no beginner or mid game arena defence :P
Apr 1, 2020, 20:1704/01/20
03/18/20
So should i go for three speed sets on War Maiden and forego the accuacy set? Thanks again.
Apr 1, 2020, 20:2304/01/20
Apr 1, 2020, 20:30(edited)
12/19/19

Morty said:

So should i go for three speed sets on War Maiden and forego the accuacy set? Thanks again.

Don't worry about the exact sets. It's the resulting overall stats you get from the. You need high ACC to place the debuff. 

So you probably want the ACC set, but if the main stats and substats aren't good look elsewhere. Same with speed, speed sets are only good if the substats and main stats are good for the particular hero. You don't want to waste silver on crappy gear. You can often get more speed in substats than from the set bonus. Really, understanding the gear is critical to progressing efficiently in this game. I wasted tons of silver early on focusing on pieces because they had more stars or were epic/legendary. If the stats aren't good, sell it don't upgrade it.