All Categories

Armanz wrecked me  in arena

Armanz wrecked me in arena

Search
Comments
Mar 25, 2024, 12:4003/25/24
05/26/22

This is why I am not real excited about this champion. Yes it will take a lot to get him both the speed and accuracy he needs to function but with a good speed boost team, especially one that can reset cooldowns, your team won't get a chance. That alone isn't terrible, I mean I have spacific teams designed to counter other champions. What I do not like is that this brings back in the "race to the fastest team" meta. Super boring IMHO. 

I donno, I am probably jumping at shadows a little too much. With some of these lockdown teams that already exist today I have ways to have teams just kill themselves using Snik and others where passives do all the work for me. 

Mar 25, 2024, 14:0103/25/24
12/19/19
Ratted

I know you mods feedback and talk - so the one thing that I don't understand - when I started playing Arbiter was the best you could get - now it seems every update with release of new champs they are bringing stupidly OP champs out - my question is why?  Why so much emphasis on releasing one hideously OP champ that can negate a well worked arena team that has been properly built with gear/masteries/synergy (remember those old values?)  or solo City/DT/Dungeon levels. Older champs are in the main vault guardians and even 'buffs' are cursory and bring them nowhere near the level of these new monsters

Power creep is necessary to get new blood ($$$) in the game.  Arbiter is an early game champ now.  Plarium will continue to slowly make every OG champ less relavant if not obsolete.  This is also why calls to buff vault guardians go largely unheard.  SHould you buff an existing champ that whales already have and new players won't or release new champs that both old and new money will chase?

Mar 25, 2024, 14:3303/25/24
01/15/21
Ratted

I know you mods feedback and talk - so the one thing that I don't understand - when I started playing Arbiter was the best you could get - now it seems every update with release of new champs they are bringing stupidly OP champs out - my question is why?  Why so much emphasis on releasing one hideously OP champ that can negate a well worked arena team that has been properly built with gear/masteries/synergy (remember those old values?)  or solo City/DT/Dungeon levels. Older champs are in the main vault guardians and even 'buffs' are cursory and bring them nowhere near the level of these new monsters

Its about money.

They want people buying shards, and constantly chasing the new shiny champion, or the new shiny soul etc

That is why they introduce new op champs and new features that increase base power a lot.  Of course as the champ pool widens it gets harder to get the shiny new champ from shards, but that is probably viewed as all good.

Mar 25, 2024, 14:3803/25/24
12/18/19

It doesnt have to be either/or situation, they can make new champs and buff the older ones at the same time imo, they are doing fixes anyway from time to time, throw in a couple buffs while youre at it lol.

Mar 25, 2024, 15:0803/25/24
10/08/17

To my original post I ask you more qualified folk this, as I ponder that scene of domination in my past memory

Would of he been in a stun set of gear as well??  or does his abilities actually proc that much as I said I never saw  him miss a stun until the 4th round on my team

granted  my resistances might not been up to snuff  as it was  one of my Tag Teams

just curious

Mar 25, 2024, 15:2703/25/24
12/19/19
PriestGuardian

To my original post I ask you more qualified folk this, as I ponder that scene of domination in my past memory

Would of he been in a stun set of gear as well??  or does his abilities actually proc that much as I said I never saw  him miss a stun until the 4th round on my team

granted  my resistances might not been up to snuff  as it was  one of my Tag Teams

just curious

He doesn't need stun gear, he stuns 100% lol.  Get stoneskin or get fast :)

Mar 25, 2024, 15:2803/25/24
05/26/22
PriestGuardian

just curious

One enhancement I would love in this game is the ability to see the other player's gear. Especailly after a match. Sometimes I will come out of a match against someone where I wonder, "How the hell did he do that..." 

I was in a match the other day where the only champion he had left was Blizzar and I wasn't able to take him down fast enough to keep him down. He definately had supper high resistance because my Ronda couldn't keep him dead. Basically he would freeze my team fast enough that I couldn't kill him before his passive reset. I would love to know what gear he had on him. Did he have on gear that decreased his cooldowns, etc....

Mar 25, 2024, 16:0303/25/24
02/28/22
Trips

Power creep is necessary to get new blood ($$$) in the game.  Arbiter is an early game champ now.  Plarium will continue to slowly make every OG champ less relavant if not obsolete.  This is also why calls to buff vault guardians go largely unheard.  SHould you buff an existing champ that whales already have and new players won't or release new champs that both old and new money will chase?

I should have thought of that, money money money, it does makes me happy that I'm end game and have no real targets anymore though I think my path has been more enjoyable building teams, using epics occasionally pulling Legendaries to get where I am now with Legendaries in the vault, rather than getting one or two OP champs who would power through the whole game

Mar 25, 2024, 16:2203/25/24
11/16/20
Shibb

One enhancement I would love in this game is the ability to see the other player's gear. Especailly after a match. Sometimes I will come out of a match against someone where I wonder, "How the hell did he do that..." 

I was in a match the other day where the only champion he had left was Blizzar and I wasn't able to take him down fast enough to keep him down. He definately had supper high resistance because my Ronda couldn't keep him dead. Basically he would freeze my team fast enough that I couldn't kill him before his passive reset. I would love to know what gear he had on him. Did he have on gear that decreased his cooldowns, etc....

I left my solo animus blizzar as arena defense last week, and when I checked my defense tab I laughed and slightly felt bad for the teams that probably left after not being able to kill him.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 25, 2024, 20:0503/25/24
02/24/19
Trips

He doesn't need stun gear, he stuns 100% lol.  Get stoneskin or get fast :)

Very much this

Mar 25, 2024, 21:1603/25/24
05/26/22

Yah it isn't even.... "Has a 75% chance". It is his accuracy vs. your resistance. Stuns and steals your turn meter. The dude is insane. 

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Mar 25, 2024, 21:2103/25/24
06/24/19
harleQuinn

Very much this

All of this.  If only Davey was better we could get more Stoneskin accessories to help combat.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 25, 2024, 21:3303/25/24
02/24/19

I mean, the argument for Armanz and Wukong being the way they are is that Plarium is trying to give people the tools to deal with the absolute oppressiveness of Taras and Marichka. They've been absolutely dominant at the top end of arena for well over a year and absolutely brutal to deal with.

Still, perhaps that's cold comfort when Armanz uses those OP champ counter skills to fully lock out regular teams.

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 25, 2024, 23:1003/25/24
12/30/20
harleQuinn

I mean, the argument for Armanz and Wukong being the way they are is that Plarium is trying to give people the tools to deal with the absolute oppressiveness of Taras and Marichka. They've been absolutely dominant at the top end of arena for well over a year and absolutely brutal to deal with.

Still, perhaps that's cold comfort when Armanz uses those OP champ counter skills to fully lock out regular teams.

I like this take a lot. 

I can't stress enough how much Wukong has helped me against Harima, Taras & other misc nonsense, just such a game changer.

Mar 26, 2024, 15:4403/26/24
05/26/22

Narses is the one that has been popping up lately where I keep thinking, "Holy hell that guy hits hard." Good thing I have Snik. 

Mar 26, 2024, 16:3903/26/24
01/31/20
Shibb

Narses is the one that has been popping up lately where I keep thinking, "Holy hell that guy hits hard." Good thing I have Snik. 

I have been slowly levelling & mastering a Sniktrak in Minotaur for a while.  Narses ignores the shields.  Is the Increased Reflect Damage Effect really strong enough to take down an Ankora/Narses combo?   

Mar 26, 2024, 18:0603/26/24
12/16/21
dthorne04

I like this take a lot. 

I can't stress enough how much Wukong has helped me against Harima, Taras & other misc nonsense, just such a game changer.

And I in turn stand by my position that Horsey is gonna be the Cap'n Jack counter as soon as people get though the new missions

Mar 27, 2024, 13:0703/27/24
05/26/22
WileyMan

I have been slowly levelling & mastering a Sniktrak in Minotaur for a while.  Narses ignores the shields.  Is the Increased Reflect Damage Effect really strong enough to take down an Ankora/Narses combo?   

With my go 2nd team it is usually becaused I have WuKong that will pop back up and my rezzer under stoneskin. When I forget to put Snik out though those two wreck my team. 

If you have time to get Snik's reflect damage out he will put down most AOE nukers out there because he is reflecting 4x damage back to the attacker. Or at least get them close enough to death that it doesn't take much to put them down. 

How it usually goes against aoe nuke teams is that they will attack and Snik's reflect damage will kill their nuker, they will rez their nuker, my WuKong will pop back up and kill their nuker again. Then I just start slowly dismantling their team starting with their rezzer. 

Keep in mind I punch above my weight class in arena but I am far far from anything close to a top end player. 

Mar 27, 2024, 17:1503/27/24
12/19/19
Shibb

With my go 2nd team it is usually becaused I have WuKong that will pop back up and my rezzer under stoneskin. When I forget to put Snik out though those two wreck my team. 

If you have time to get Snik's reflect damage out he will put down most AOE nukers out there because he is reflecting 4x damage back to the attacker. Or at least get them close enough to death that it doesn't take much to put them down. 

How it usually goes against aoe nuke teams is that they will attack and Snik's reflect damage will kill their nuker, they will rez their nuker, my WuKong will pop back up and kill their nuker again. Then I just start slowly dismantling their team starting with their rezzer. 

Keep in mind I punch above my weight class in arena but I am far far from anything close to a top end player. 

Great strategy! 

I know I've been bitten by a snik... rare to see. Guessing never gets banned in live?

Mar 27, 2024, 17:4203/27/24
01/15/21
Trips

Funny that this post came up and then two old champs got buffed (one buffed to be potentially usable)

As for champs such as arbiter, ramantu etc- i dont know if the missions have changed since i did them but it took nearly 6 months for me to get arbiter.  I would guess 80% of players dont play long enough to get her so i am not sure it can be classed as 'early game'?

Ramantu took considerably longer and i imagine 95%+ of players quit before getting him. 

I do accept that everything must seem early game when you started playing in 1946.