All Categories

anyone else feel like plarium went to far with DD events?

anyone else feel like plarium went to far with DD events?

Search
Comments
ShortOnSkillzModerator
Aug 11, 2023, 22:5308/11/23
Aug 11, 2023, 22:56(edited)
06/24/19
Trevor Wilson

It may be faster for you to get f2p off the ground, but you have considerable experience and that may be a factor. You dont make the mistakes new players make.

Personally as an f2p that has been playing a while ( 3 years) and is past the mid game i think the game has veered more towards pay 2 win in the last year or 2.

The exceptional forge sets and the emphasis on maxxed awakenings are good examples.

IMO that depends on what you mean by "winning".  For high end PvP there certainly has been a tremendous amount of power creep but I think the point does stand that progression thru early and mid game is much easier than it ever has been.  Even accounting for the experience gap which certainly can't be discredited.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Aug 11, 2023, 22:5908/11/23
06/24/19
oblivion01332

Ok for the next fusion i would like you to use one of those f2p accounts (not one thats prestocked with 2k brews and other resources / ridiculous OP champions) and post ur journey through the next fusion for us and let us know resources used and more specifically time taken to do a fusion, i look forward to seeing the outcome of it.

Why does Thorne need to do what no less than half a dozen CCs are already doing?  Many of them started F2Ps in February, have completed multiple fusions and will complete this one as well.  You can make a case for experience difference but anyone that's been around for 5 or 6 months should have a good idea what a fusion will entail.

Aug 11, 2023, 23:5908/11/23
10/01/22
ShortOnSkillz

Why does Thorne need to do what no less than half a dozen CCs are already doing?  Many of them started F2Ps in February, have completed multiple fusions and will complete this one as well.  You can make a case for experience difference but anyone that's been around for 5 or 6 months should have a good idea what a fusion will entail.

iv never once said that doing a fusion as a f2p is not possible, its just thrones view of it is based off his end game account with enough resources to do it with ease, and teams built for spider/ig/dragon that can run it at fast speeds, all i asked him to do which iv asked him to do on many other subjects is look at it from the POV from someone who is not so far advanced into the game hence why i suggested he should start a new f2p account and see it first hand him self, again the time required to do a fusion now is getting ridiculous this is a mobile game, we have seen multiple people on this topic with years of game play even complaining how absurd requirements are becoming. and yes ur right anyone with 5-6 months of game play should understand what a fusion should entail, but were also seeing the bar lifted each and every time by plarium, i dont feel that saying just because some things are slightly easier to do than they were as before justification, this is called growth of a game, it doesnt mean plarium need to move the goalposts each time, i understand they need to make money but they are going to end up driving away its existing playerbase, probably already have to some extent.

Aug 12, 2023, 00:1308/12/23
06/03/23

There's no way I can make 4 of her.  I have one.  I'm good.  Now to find something to do with my free time...

Aug 12, 2023, 02:3708/12/23
12/19/19
oblivion01332

iv never once said that doing a fusion as a f2p is not possible, its just thrones view of it is based off his end game account with enough resources to do it with ease, and teams built for spider/ig/dragon that can run it at fast speeds, all i asked him to do which iv asked him to do on many other subjects is look at it from the POV from someone who is not so far advanced into the game hence why i suggested he should start a new f2p account and see it first hand him self, again the time required to do a fusion now is getting ridiculous this is a mobile game, we have seen multiple people on this topic with years of game play even complaining how absurd requirements are becoming. and yes ur right anyone with 5-6 months of game play should understand what a fusion should entail, but were also seeing the bar lifted each and every time by plarium, i dont feel that saying just because some things are slightly easier to do than they were as before justification, this is called growth of a game, it doesnt mean plarium need to move the goalposts each time, i understand they need to make money but they are going to end up driving away its existing playerbase, probably already have to some extent.

Your argument is that this will drive f2p away from game, and you are correct.  Unfortunately, that is not a concern for plarium.  They are content with 10 f2p quitting for every 1 that spends... And now that the game is mature, the top of funnel focus is geared toward pushing noobs to spend or quit. I can't fault that strategy. 

Aug 12, 2023, 07:3208/12/23
10/01/22
Trips

Your argument is that this will drive f2p away from game, and you are correct.  Unfortunately, that is not a concern for plarium.  They are content with 10 f2p quitting for every 1 that spends... And now that the game is mature, the top of funnel focus is geared toward pushing noobs to spend or quit. I can't fault that strategy. 

from the opinions i see from both f2p and p2p i think they are going to push everyone away from this game.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 12, 2023, 08:0408/12/23
02/24/19

3700 on DD3 seems pretty good.

i

I'm still on Team Skip Rares makes this fusion way easier and more streamlined than others. But to each their own, I guess.

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 12, 2023, 08:0808/12/23
12/30/20
harleQuinn

3700 on DD3 seems pretty good.

i

I'm still on Team Skip Rares makes this fusion way easier and more streamlined than others. But to each their own, I guess.

Have not missed that mindless clicking one bit 😉

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 12, 2023, 08:1008/12/23
02/24/19
dthorne04

Have not missed that mindless clicking one bit 😉

That's just brutal, yeha. I am glad to not be running rares through 12-3 and upgrading in the tavern. Would rather do some extra dungeon runs from here on out.

I hope this method is one they stick with tbh.

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 12, 2023, 08:1808/12/23
12/30/20
harleQuinn

That's just brutal, yeha. I am glad to not be running rares through 12-3 and upgrading in the tavern. Would rather do some extra dungeon runs from here on out.

I hope this method is one they stick with tbh.

100%.

Classic/Hybrid fusions being truncated by cutting out picking up the rares, making chickens, ascending is worth, easily. 

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 12, 2023, 08:3708/12/23
02/24/19
ShortOnSkillz

I happen to know you're doing this fusion twice, on a single mobile device. Give yourself a little credit too, not just the CCs. haha 

Me? I'd be ShortOnTime after attempting such a thing.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Aug 12, 2023, 12:1208/12/23
06/24/19
harleQuinn

I happen to know you're doing this fusion twice, on a single mobile device. Give yourself a little credit too, not just the CCs. haha 

Me? I'd be ShortOnTime after attempting such a thing.

Now I just need to find time to sneak in Hydra runs.  Can't just let them run and take the 1 key anymore.  Need the big numbies.

Aug 13, 2023, 21:0508/13/23
10/01/22

nearly completed this fusion just need to finish the last DD which im 500 pts away from,  i probably wont be attempting any other fusions after this as it really did suck the fun out of the game for me but i did also really need that unkillable, the last dd event im doing now will probably cost me 1300 gems and i had 1000 energy saved in inbox also and this was lower points to obtain than the 2nd DD, really was an overkill.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 13, 2023, 21:1208/13/23
02/24/19
oblivion01332

nearly completed this fusion just need to finish the last DD which im 500 pts away from,  i probably wont be attempting any other fusions after this as it really did suck the fun out of the game for me but i did also really need that unkillable, the last dd event im doing now will probably cost me 1300 gems and i had 1000 energy saved in inbox also and this was lower points to obtain than the 2nd DD, really was an overkill.

If this sucked the fun out of it, you're lucky this wasn't the Brogni or Karato level hybrid fusions. Collecting every darn rare champ with no bonus events were brutal. I felt like with Brogni missing any event proved fatal for getting him, you'd miss some rare champ.... It's been quite a while since then, but those two fusions were more stressful than any that have become before or after. I was on Empty ranking up the final epics with energy recharge and daily quest stuff until nearly the last hour on both.

Congrats on getting it done though! Hopefully you can get a nice Unkillable CB team put together with this dude.

Aug 13, 2023, 21:2008/13/23
10/01/22
harleQuinn

If this sucked the fun out of it, you're lucky this wasn't the Brogni or Karato level hybrid fusions. Collecting every darn rare champ with no bonus events were brutal. I felt like with Brogni missing any event proved fatal for getting him, you'd miss some rare champ.... It's been quite a while since then, but those two fusions were more stressful than any that have become before or after. I was on Empty ranking up the final epics with energy recharge and daily quest stuff until nearly the last hour on both.

Congrats on getting it done though! Hopefully you can get a nice Unkillable CB team put together with this dude.

dont get me wrong i liked that they added some bonus fragments this time and its a step in the right direction, just unfortunate that champ chases and summon events are aimed at spenders really, would have been nice to see a bonus artifact event or something similar that most regular players had a chance of doing, and if the fusions before this for brogni etc were really as bad as you say im glad i missed them :D 

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 13, 2023, 21:3708/13/23
02/24/19
oblivion01332

dont get me wrong i liked that they added some bonus fragments this time and its a step in the right direction, just unfortunate that champ chases and summon events are aimed at spenders really, would have been nice to see a bonus artifact event or something similar that most regular players had a chance of doing, and if the fusions before this for brogni etc were really as bad as you say im glad i missed them :D 

Yeah Brogni was very tough. But fortunately that was just collecting Epics. Karato was the worst cause for me cause it was the same level of Brogni...except you ALSO needed to get 4 each of 4 rares, and rank and ascend and fuse them for the Epics. I fused mine maybe an hour or two before I ran out of time!

Bonus Fragments + No Need to Farm 16 Rares gave people more freedom with this one, which was nice. Sure, that meant the DD2 was higher than normal, but I felt it was much easier to just run dungeons a bit longer than rank champs up that I was going to burn on the Pyre of Fusion. I like DD events cause I am at least actively farming for better gear while doing the fusion. Energy put into ranking up rares and epics you garbage bin to fuse the leggo is just energy gone with nothing to show.

As far as geared towards spenders, yeah, that's any live service game. Especially the F2P model. This one feels less so to me.

I got Champ Chase and Summon Rush both done without too much trouble. The key ofc is stocking up on Broadmaw Food and Relickeeper Food and saving your DT champs and previous fusions. When you start doing that, you know you can finish a Champ Chase without any real struggle, which means you can drop more shards onto the Summon Rush that comes before or after. I didn't event touch my DT frag champs again, as stocking up on the early game fusion champs in the reserve vault really makes a difference for the ability to finish fusions without needing to buy packs.

I have to thank one of our forum regulars from way back though, who taught me to be a religious shard saver and hoarder of fusion food, and honestly that was the biggest thing in making every fusion finishable. Previously, I was only doing every other or every third. Two plus years of pretty much every fusion though, worth the bit of time I spend collecting Arbalesters and such! hahaha

Aug 13, 2023, 23:0908/13/23
09/07/21

But today, they're effortless. Champ chase is basically a non-event given you can just save summons from various places to cheat points. Dungeon divers just amounts to saving the countless amounts of free energy you get. Each of the dungeon tournaments are an afterthought. Champ training is just a question of using brews. Artifact enhancement? Don't make me laugh.

I have no complaints about the difficulty of the fancy fusions -- seems to me they should be hard to get I think. I just wanted to say in re that comment that, wow, I really think I"m playing this game wrong because none of those things are effortless to me, but especially artifact enhancement. 

Aug 13, 2023, 23:2008/13/23
10/01/22
xonak

But today, they're effortless. Champ chase is basically a non-event given you can just save summons from various places to cheat points. Dungeon divers just amounts to saving the countless amounts of free energy you get. Each of the dungeon tournaments are an afterthought. Champ training is just a question of using brews. Artifact enhancement? Don't make me laugh.

I have no complaints about the difficulty of the fancy fusions -- seems to me they should be hard to get I think. I just wanted to say in re that comment that, wow, I really think I"m playing this game wrong because none of those things are effortless to me, but especially artifact enhancement. 

i found the artifact enchanment the easiest tbh, you accumulate most of the silver you need for each one doing the dungeon runs etc, especially spider, it costs an average of 20m per one id say, i never sat there and did lvl 8 upgrades etc i just straight up upgraded items to 16 that were in use on my main champions and i was done in about 5-15 mins each time, biggest ones for me were FK/IG/spider and the dd events in general, i think i calculated in total i probably burned around 25-30k energy for this fusion and i dont want to know how many hrs of game play.

Aug 13, 2023, 23:2208/13/23
10/01/22
harleQuinn

Yeah Brogni was very tough. But fortunately that was just collecting Epics. Karato was the worst cause for me cause it was the same level of Brogni...except you ALSO needed to get 4 each of 4 rares, and rank and ascend and fuse them for the Epics. I fused mine maybe an hour or two before I ran out of time!

Bonus Fragments + No Need to Farm 16 Rares gave people more freedom with this one, which was nice. Sure, that meant the DD2 was higher than normal, but I felt it was much easier to just run dungeons a bit longer than rank champs up that I was going to burn on the Pyre of Fusion. I like DD events cause I am at least actively farming for better gear while doing the fusion. Energy put into ranking up rares and epics you garbage bin to fuse the leggo is just energy gone with nothing to show.

As far as geared towards spenders, yeah, that's any live service game. Especially the F2P model. This one feels less so to me.

I got Champ Chase and Summon Rush both done without too much trouble. The key ofc is stocking up on Broadmaw Food and Relickeeper Food and saving your DT champs and previous fusions. When you start doing that, you know you can finish a Champ Chase without any real struggle, which means you can drop more shards onto the Summon Rush that comes before or after. I didn't event touch my DT frag champs again, as stocking up on the early game fusion champs in the reserve vault really makes a difference for the ability to finish fusions without needing to buy packs.

I have to thank one of our forum regulars from way back though, who taught me to be a religious shard saver and hoarder of fusion food, and honestly that was the biggest thing in making every fusion finishable. Previously, I was only doing every other or every third. Two plus years of pretty much every fusion though, worth the bit of time I spend collecting Arbalesters and such! hahaha

well it is aimed at spenders ya but i admit if you do hoard shards it does become a lot easier, i never actually did any of the summons for relic keeper etc, did all mine purely with shards from cb, biggest for me is energy useage and more importantly time.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 14, 2023, 00:2508/14/23
02/24/19
oblivion01332

well it is aimed at spenders ya but i admit if you do hoard shards it does become a lot easier, i never actually did any of the summons for relic keeper etc, did all mine purely with shards from cb, biggest for me is energy useage and more importantly time.

Well, even if you think you MAYBE may want to do another fusion ever, start stashing all the Relickeeper rares and the Broadmaw rares in the vault. I even go ahead and rank mine to their required levels and ascensions during champ trainings.

Then, when Champ Chase comes along, I pull the champs from the current fusion if possible, then Broadmaws and Relics to finish out if needed. This lets me use my shards for Summon Rush and is big for me and being F2P.