All Categories

anyone else feel like plarium went to far with DD events?

Search
Aug 8, 2023, 20:3108/08/23
10/01/22

not saying i wont be able to complete it, but does anyone else feel plarium have gone to far with the requirements of dd? seem the requirements just keep going up over the course of time dramatically, im personally f2p but i even see whales in my clan complaining about it and these guys can just outright buy energy packs.curious of others opinions.

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Aug 8, 2023, 21:0408/08/23
12/30/20

pretty well in line with some of the feedback I've been seeing/hearing this week.

~6500 energy is a pretty big ask, for sure. It's affecting some long term players I know.

Aug 8, 2023, 21:1008/08/23
10/01/22
dthorne04

pretty well in line with some of the feedback I've been seeing/hearing this week.

~6500 energy is a pretty big ask, for sure. It's affecting some long term players I know.

i never actually knew the rough energy total required to do it, thats really steep :(

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 8, 2023, 21:1808/08/23
12/30/20
oblivion01332

i never actually knew the rough energy total required to do it, thats really steep :(

with clan shop energy + dailies + doom tower it does become feasible without dipping too much into gems/buying energy but when you start talking 200-400+ dungeon runs in 3-4 days it becomes less fun especially since it's IG, too. 

Aug 8, 2023, 21:2208/08/23
06/25/20

Honestly, I think it's about in-line with what people should expect. Back before people really understood how to manage resources, these fusions actually were challenging to complete (anyone remember Brogni?)

But today, they're effortless. Champ chase is basically a non-event given you can just save summons from various places to cheat points. Dungeon divers just amounts to saving the countless amounts of free energy you get. Each of the dungeon tournaments are an afterthought. Champ training is just a question of using brews. Artifact enhancement? Don't make me laugh.

Summon rush is the only one of the events that is challenging, but even that is just a question of properly saving your shards. I literally barely play now, and I still haven't had to do anything more than just log in and autobattle for this fusion.

Aug 8, 2023, 21:4608/08/23
04/24/22

Sure they are still manageable and quite easy(ish) , especially if you can align them with stuff you would be doing anyway , now you just have an extra reason to do it now instead. 

But ... they cant keep raising and raising them like they did in the previous year

2028 .. summon rush 10k for the rare , 25k for the epic ? DD 27500 for the rare ? Like at what point is the limit of whats acceptable for fusion events ? 

Aug 8, 2023, 22:0308/08/23
12/19/19
Lyryal

Sure they are still manageable and quite easy(ish) , especially if you can align them with stuff you would be doing anyway , now you just have an extra reason to do it now instead. 

But ... they cant keep raising and raising them like they did in the previous year

2028 .. summon rush 10k for the rare , 25k for the epic ? DD 27500 for the rare ? Like at what point is the limit of whats acceptable for fusion events ? 

Why can't they keep raising them :)

The f2p hoarder will eventually not be able to do every fusion, even someone like Kram who understands resource management.  Now, whether that is 1 year from now or 5 years... idk.  The only reason these are still easy for some f2p, is the 3+ years of reserves stockpiled and a full roster that allows you to be selective in what you do and to be realistic in that you will slip further away from true end game on a daily basis. 

New f2p will struggle significantly as Plarium cares far less about us f2p now.  

Aug 8, 2023, 22:1508/08/23
Aug 8, 2023, 22:16(edited)
04/24/22
Trips

Why can't they keep raising them :)

The f2p hoarder will eventually not be able to do every fusion, even someone like Kram who understands resource management.  Now, whether that is 1 year from now or 5 years... idk.  The only reason these are still easy for some f2p, is the 3+ years of reserves stockpiled and a full roster that allows you to be selective in what you do and to be realistic in that you will slip further away from true end game on a daily basis. 

New f2p will struggle significantly as Plarium cares far less about us f2p now.  

Cuz at one point even someone like kram , who can hoard most if not all ressources wont have enough .. 

At one point even hoarding for 6 months wont be enough to do 1 fusion . thats why they cant keep raising them like they did previous year , they need to do it more progressivly otherwise you end up with only kraken doing fusion and thats if they hoarded ressources alongside their wallet :P We arent close to that but at this rate wont take very long either !

Aug 8, 2023, 22:3208/08/23
Aug 8, 2023, 22:39(edited)
06/20/19

Well, for more than a year DD is the only one that I hang on, and not b/c I can't do them all.  It's not only the energy but the time investment.  iPhone doesn have all these cool stacks and helpers.

the first dd this fusion didn't seem so bad.  But the current I'm only 2/3 way there and actually about to be through my inbox refills and gonna have to start into my gem pile.

i may should have just skipped it, but I like breathing room.

in all honesty I think it's designed to drain shards from horders.  Offer 50 'extra' frags from summoning, then make DD that much harder? 

it's a lot easier to bust a dozen sacreds than to grind 40  hours of dungeons.

i spent 21 on this fusion, and could skip the remaing dd, but I like a cushion so will pick up this one.

Aug 8, 2023, 23:0108/08/23
Aug 8, 2023, 23:12(edited)
10/01/22
kramaswamy.kr

Honestly, I think it's about in-line with what people should expect. Back before people really understood how to manage resources, these fusions actually were challenging to complete (anyone remember Brogni?)

But today, they're effortless. Champ chase is basically a non-event given you can just save summons from various places to cheat points. Dungeon divers just amounts to saving the countless amounts of free energy you get. Each of the dungeon tournaments are an afterthought. Champ training is just a question of using brews. Artifact enhancement? Don't make me laugh.

Summon rush is the only one of the events that is challenging, but even that is just a question of properly saving your shards. I literally barely play now, and I still haven't had to do anything more than just log in and autobattle for this fusion.

i wouldnt really say summon rush is the challenging one, its about as laughable and easy to do as an artifact event as long as you saved the resources to do it , then its done in 5 mins, its not just the energy cost of DD that i was implying plarium went to far with but more the time involved in doing it as well, and there really isnt any fast track away around it, not that im implying it should be fast, but probably shouldnt be so long winded either.

also u should probably look at it from the perspective of people who have not managed to hoard supplies in advance for as long as someone like ur self who has played for a long time, i just feel f2p or p2p people should have a reasonable chance of doing these events, the plus side for p2pers is they can bypass some of the hoarding and make it easier on them self which is fair, it doesnt mean it should become a coinflip for f2p players being able to complete it imo. 

heck when u see a whale squinting his eyes at the dd events u know something has to not be quite right :P

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 8, 2023, 23:2008/08/23
12/30/20
kramaswamy.kr

So with the caveat that you and I are in very different places in the game than most everyone: 

We are going to have a very different view of the game than most, but to stockpile resources to this degree means at some point this is going to come at the cost of playing the game/growing the account for many. Even for those who are later on in the game they're quite likely dumping piles of gem based energy into Sand Devil/Shogun, which realistically they should be doing if they are trying to stretch their account as far as they can in Arena.

Then there becomes the question of time - especially on mobile - when you start talking 6-7k of energy during a Dungeon Divers.

it's been a minor annoyance to myself as well, but there's a danger in not looking through the lens of a wider range of players here, I think. 

Aug 8, 2023, 23:3108/08/23
12/19/19
dthorne04

So with the caveat that you and I are in very different places in the game than most everyone: 

We are going to have a very different view of the game than most, but to stockpile resources to this degree means at some point this is going to come at the cost of playing the game/growing the account for many. Even for those who are later on in the game they're quite likely dumping piles of gem based energy into Sand Devil/Shogun, which realistically they should be doing if they are trying to stretch their account as far as they can in Arena.

Then there becomes the question of time - especially on mobile - when you start talking 6-7k of energy during a Dungeon Divers.

it's been a minor annoyance to myself as well, but there's a danger in not looking through the lens of a wider range of players here, I think. 

Hmm, isn't that what I just said? Lol

I feel the inflation continuing at the current pace for the next year is a safe bet tbh.  I think some old timers are going to start seeing thinning of warehouse supplies faster than they think.

Aug 8, 2023, 23:3508/08/23
Aug 8, 2023, 23:36(edited)
06/25/20

Yeah alright I'll change my mind on this one - the DD points are higher than I expected. Not a big deal for me since I can just skip it, but I could see the me-from-last-year being annoyed.

Still - I don't think it should come as a surprise. Plarium needs to make it tempting to spend. That's their business model. If it's easy to do these without pain, then people simply won't spend.

Aug 8, 2023, 23:4408/08/23
10/01/22
kramaswamy.kr

Yeah alright I'll change my mind on this one - the DD points are higher than I expected. Not a big deal for me since I can just skip it, but I could see the me-from-last-year being annoyed.

Still - I don't think it should come as a surprise. Plarium needs to make it tempting to spend. That's their business model. If it's easy to do these without pain, then people simply won't spend.

never asked for it to be easy :P just more manageable, the whales and krakens will always spend to save them self time.

Aug 9, 2023, 02:0308/09/23
12/18/19

Every single event should be doable with the daily resources you get, one shouldnt hoard.

Having the daily resources doesnt magically make the fusable champ appear in your champ list, you still need to log on and work for it, thats how every single other game out there does their events and its a system that people actually like.

Aug 9, 2023, 03:3608/09/23
12/19/19
sharkium

Every single event should be doable with the daily resources you get, one shouldnt hoard.

Having the daily resources doesnt magically make the fusable champ appear in your champ list, you still need to log on and work for it, thats how every single other game out there does their events and its a system that people actually like.

This is completely counter to their objectives 😆 

Aug 9, 2023, 06:4708/09/23
11/19/22

The DD requirements are high, but to be fair, it's more than doable for anyone who was stocked up ready for the fusion. Plus we have the Spider Tournament with the new free Stag Knight skin to double dip for Dungeon Divers. There's also the additional Summon rush that can allow you to skip later fusion events that comes with guaranteed Stag Knight for just 25 ancients, plus a double legendary event if you pull one. And that's before we even mention the new free champion at the end of this week. All in all I think it more than balances out. I say that as an early mid-game player who also did Gnut and prepared for this fusion and am finding it a challenge but quite doable with the bonus events Plarium has laid out.

Aug 9, 2023, 07:3808/09/23
10/01/22
Fathertron

The DD requirements are high, but to be fair, it's more than doable for anyone who was stocked up ready for the fusion. Plus we have the Spider Tournament with the new free Stag Knight skin to double dip for Dungeon Divers. There's also the additional Summon rush that can allow you to skip later fusion events that comes with guaranteed Stag Knight for just 25 ancients, plus a double legendary event if you pull one. And that's before we even mention the new free champion at the end of this week. All in all I think it more than balances out. I say that as an early mid-game player who also did Gnut and prepared for this fusion and am finding it a challenge but quite doable with the bonus events Plarium has laid out.

ya i doubled dipped into the spider tourny even though i dont have a stagknight, it just seemed more appealing than doing more IG, even after completeing the IG and spider i diddnt even hit 50% point on DD yet.

Aug 9, 2023, 08:1008/09/23
06/20/19
sharkium

???  rubish 

Aug 9, 2023, 08:1808/09/23
10/01/22
Angwil

???  rubish 

well he kinda has a point , im not saying it should be quite as simple as he is implying, i feel there should be some hoarding involved, but we also get 7 day login champs where were just given the likes of artak for clicking 1 button for 7 days straight, then fusions come and the requirements are 20 worlds apart :P 

Aug 9, 2023, 08:3008/09/23
Aug 9, 2023, 08:31(edited)
06/20/19
oblivion01332

well he kinda has a point , im not saying it should be quite as simple as he is implying, i feel there should be some hoarding involved, but we also get 7 day login champs where were just given the likes of artak for clicking 1 button for 7 days straight, then fusions come and the requirements are 20 worlds apart :P 

What was said, as I read, is simply log in daily, do dailies, and every singl event, tourn, fusion, reward, blue ribbon, etc, should be automatic.

never hoard, never prepare, never plan ahead?

yes I get that 7day log in champs are that easy.  Does that mean everyt in life is that easy?  Do you really want no challenge in life, or in game.