All Categories

do you think item storage should be bigger?

do you think item storage should be bigger?

Search
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
May 22, 2023, 21:2505/22/23
12/30/20
oblivion01332

well you just added another point here, the forge, not hard to create 100s of items instantly and neededing said space to do it combined with everything else i said.

also ur arguement may as well be "once you have essentially completed the game and gear all ur champs you wont need the extra space" :P im getting a very mixed emotion of yes and no on this topic overall though. but still think the option to purchase additonal space if you want it could be a really good add on.

what the forge example really does is further show why everyone could stand to be a little more diligent in the type of gear they're keeping around. the forge is where i make most of my gains these days, and i think that its usefulness holds true for players who farm FW 20/21. 

i would argue you should be plenty choosy - if not more so - early as well because of silver and pieces that are often going to represent diminishing returns in a hurry. 

I am absolutely down for more filters that make it easier for folks to figure out what they'd like to sell. but I also think almost every single player would benefit from knowing what their stat thresholds are in sets/types of champs, what you actually need, what is junk and what isn't. 

even if we're talking sets with strong pve applications (regen, reflex, provoke, etc.) or pvp (immu, stone skin, etc.) you are still going to want pieces that get you to the highest possible builds on your account, rather than just keeping pieces that are so very unlikely to make it into a meaningful build.

harleQuinnModerator
May 22, 2023, 21:2605/22/23
02/24/19
oblivion01332

well you just added another point here, the forge, not hard to create 100s of items instantly and neededing said space to do it combined with everything else i said.

also ur arguement may as well be "once you have essentially completed the game and gear all ur champs you wont need the extra space" :P im getting a very mixed emotion of yes and no on this topic overall though. but still think the option to purchase additonal space if you want it could be a really good add on.

If you have geared all the current champs you are using, the same concept applies. Get rid of some significant percentage of gear that can't make the cut to make it on any of the champs you are currently using on your current teams.

There is value in raising the overall gear quality on your account. There is no value in raising the gear quantity. Pieces that didn't make the cut 6 months ago aren't going to make the cut now, especially if you are farming and forging new gear.

It is a churn, cycling through and upgrading gear, and this extra space slows down the game and makes it harder and slower to do actual inventory management. Gear cleanses are friends of progress, extra space is not.

May 22, 2023, 22:0605/22/23
06/05/22

Simplest possible concrete advice: Don't think about "how good" a piece of gear is. think about where in the list of "I need to roll this to 16" it is. If it's above 100 (meaning: you have 100 unrolled pieces on your account that are higher priority) then it's a sell.

This rule should scale nicely with your account progression as well.

If your storage is full and you have less than 100 unrolled pieces: congratulations, you're late game! That's the time to think about fancier, more detailed strategies.

harleQuinnModerator
May 22, 2023, 22:0905/22/23
02/24/19
Urlibu FTP

Simplest possible concrete advice: Don't think about "how good" a piece of gear is. think about where in the list of "I need to roll this to 16" it is. If it's above 100 (meaning: you have 100 unrolled pieces on your account that are higher priority) then it's a sell.

This rule should scale nicely with your account progression as well.

If your storage is full and you have less than 100 unrolled pieces: congratulations, you're late game! That's the time to think about fancier, more detailed strategies.

Love this rule and line of thinking 

May 23, 2023, 00:5905/23/23
06/05/22

:)

For reference, to upgrade 100 unrolled items (at ~1M each) takes something like 5k gems worth of running spider for silver. You can set the threshold higher or lower, but that's a preeety big buffer.

May 23, 2023, 05:2005/23/23
May 23, 2023, 05:22(edited)
02/13/20
oblivion01332

i fully get you, but we end up keeping a lot of "maybe this will come in use as an off set item"   it was only last night i went through my item collection to really sell as much as humanly possible without getting rid or potential actual useul items and i still have about 800-900/1300 space used, so again im not saying storage is to small but maybe we could at least have the option to increase the size of it (example how we can get more slots in champion vaults etc by buying it with silver or gems)

if you live in the maybes and should ofs, you'll always be left wondering. 

Just a quote I use at my work as I am a table games supervisor, when people ponder about the cards that could of been. 

If you cant use it in the now, there is no point in keeping it. Especially when it comes to mid to late game when 1 stat sets just are over shadowed. Plarium already states that it wont be taking player suggestions, so the best you can do with what you are given, is simply manage what you need here and now.

May 23, 2023, 07:3205/23/23
10/01/22
RavageRose

if you live in the maybes and should ofs, you'll always be left wondering. 

Just a quote I use at my work as I am a table games supervisor, when people ponder about the cards that could of been. 

If you cant use it in the now, there is no point in keeping it. Especially when it comes to mid to late game when 1 stat sets just are over shadowed. Plarium already states that it wont be taking player suggestions, so the best you can do with what you are given, is simply manage what you need here and now.

no offence but i dont like being compared to a gambling addict at ur place of work as these 2 scenarios are 2 worlds apart.

the whole point of hoarding an item is because you have a reasonable percent chance in you that this item is going to be used, the way im viewing this scenario right now is you wouldnt make this same decision if it came down to turning a epic or lego into a chicken, you wouldnt do it, i dont see why we have to make this same split decision with an item? something that could be as potentially game changing as a lego or epic champion.

iv noticed a lot of people disagreeing with the idea in general seem to be end game players who have already accumulated the majority of items they need and are no longer at a point where they need to keep all sorts of bits and bobs and i do understand that but it took you most likely years before you reached this point, for the mid game player we are still at a scenario we need to keep a good variey of items because were still in the learning curb of what items best suit what and we shouldnt have to pick between.

and this is ignoring the fact that example the guy in my OP story lost 15,000 energy because of silly things like this

May 23, 2023, 09:2405/23/23
02/13/20
oblivion01332

no offence but i dont like being compared to a gambling addict at ur place of work as these 2 scenarios are 2 worlds apart.

the whole point of hoarding an item is because you have a reasonable percent chance in you that this item is going to be used, the way im viewing this scenario right now is you wouldnt make this same decision if it came down to turning a epic or lego into a chicken, you wouldnt do it, i dont see why we have to make this same split decision with an item? something that could be as potentially game changing as a lego or epic champion.

iv noticed a lot of people disagreeing with the idea in general seem to be end game players who have already accumulated the majority of items they need and are no longer at a point where they need to keep all sorts of bits and bobs and i do understand that but it took you most likely years before you reached this point, for the mid game player we are still at a scenario we need to keep a good variey of items because were still in the learning curb of what items best suit what and we shouldnt have to pick between.

and this is ignoring the fact that example the guy in my OP story lost 15,000 energy because of silly things like this

That story is simply a mismanagement and preperation for what they wished to do. Nothing more, nothingless. An not all gamblers are adicts, btw. The quote does indeed apply here with the whole "What if" senerio you are bringing to the table. 

If an Item has potential, you roll it to 8 or even 12 see what hits, if nothing good, scrap it. 

nothing you stated here can be summed up in actual need requirements, just what ifs, that can easily be quenched to 10-15% stock of the hoarded items by just prioritizing stats and test rolling them. I'm sorry but I see no point in keeping flat base stat gear, or far out shaddowed sets. 

the example of using a champion for food, is not comparable to a farmable item, that doesnt even have the stats you NEED. Everything you are upset about, is managable and non prio in my, an from this post, nearly everyone elses eyes. I just spent 13,000 energy myself on farming for reflex and speed gear not to long ago. out of that 13k energy, I only kept 41 pieces. 

As to the reference of end game players. even my F2P account, which I stocked up 4.6k energy to burn on farming gear, is only keeping about 15% of the gear I got. The only ones I see agreeing, prob have gear with flat ATK on DEF set boots, with flat DEF, and HP, with no speed. 

Prep for the HERE AND NOW, that will progress you sooner, rather than later, and stop over preparing for something that most likely will never come.... it's farmable for a reason. It's simple a matter of management, plain and simple. 

May 23, 2023, 09:4605/23/23
10/01/22
RavageRose

That story is simply a mismanagement and preperation for what they wished to do. Nothing more, nothingless. An not all gamblers are adicts, btw. The quote does indeed apply here with the whole "What if" senerio you are bringing to the table. 

If an Item has potential, you roll it to 8 or even 12 see what hits, if nothing good, scrap it. 

nothing you stated here can be summed up in actual need requirements, just what ifs, that can easily be quenched to 10-15% stock of the hoarded items by just prioritizing stats and test rolling them. I'm sorry but I see no point in keeping flat base stat gear, or far out shaddowed sets. 

the example of using a champion for food, is not comparable to a farmable item, that doesnt even have the stats you NEED. Everything you are upset about, is managable and non prio in my, an from this post, nearly everyone elses eyes. I just spent 13,000 energy myself on farming for reflex and speed gear not to long ago. out of that 13k energy, I only kept 41 pieces. 

As to the reference of end game players. even my F2P account, which I stocked up 4.6k energy to burn on farming gear, is only keeping about 15% of the gear I got. The only ones I see agreeing, prob have gear with flat ATK on DEF set boots, with flat DEF, and HP, with no speed. 

Prep for the HERE AND NOW, that will progress you sooner, rather than later, and stop over preparing for something that most likely will never come.... it's farmable for a reason. It's simple a matter of management, plain and simple. 

what ur saying more so justifies what i said in the previous post, in ur eyes the only gear worth keeping at ur end game stage are items you can try and roll triple/quad rolls on(even seen some end game players say they dont have enough space also). in mid game ur at a point where you may lack speed and other small factors in ur builds to bring certain champions up to scratch (which is a long winded process its not like were just gearing main champions but constantly trying to better fw champions etc) and im not disputing that everyone already sells 90% of the crap they get from runs and forge but ur at a point in ur game play where u know exactly what few items ur looking for to perfect builds , im at the point in mine where i still might need these items (for reference my hoarded items are not flat def/att etc only epic quaility minimum up to mythical with decent useable stats on them) and again im not saying the space we are given is small, but again with all item sets etc being added to the game it just seems its only a matter of time before this really does start to effect people on a more signifcant scale then it is now.

May 23, 2023, 13:0005/23/23
11/29/20

should add 50-100 new slots for each new set imo.  the idea of keeping only god tier gear is fine, but need to at least be able to keep it for each set as well.

i have zero intention on forging the forge pass gear because i just don't have the inventory to play around with it or keep it.

May 23, 2023, 13:1505/23/23

Oh, and i almost forgot, when i wrote many new item sets. Many item set cant farmable from dungeons/DT. Thats came from Forge Pass. So, better if do you keep more than just godlike sets (Legendary,Very Strong).

No matter what you store, DEF champs,HP champs,Supports,Attacker etc. Thats need separate too just like Bomb team, Speed teams etc. etc. I dont have weak artifacts, i dont have 5stars blue and other craps (bad flat stats etc), what i not need at end game or junk. All important character geared, many what i dont used, and i have more than over 1000 pieces. Yes need item storage upgrade. Very nice when i go to tournaments and super raid drop two items, specially at spider where i completing 35sec. Inbox fully loaded and staring the mouse button fest.

May 23, 2023, 16:3805/23/23
10/01/22
chris

should add 50-100 new slots for each new set imo.  the idea of keeping only god tier gear is fine, but need to at least be able to keep it for each set as well.

i have zero intention on forging the forge pass gear because i just don't have the inventory to play around with it or keep it.

adding 50-100 item slots every time they add a new set would probably do the job.

May 23, 2023, 21:5605/23/23
05/03/20

This is a business.  They could offer expanded storage in all areas for real money.  

I still have problems selling enough gear.  I now sell all 5* rare and 5* epic with a bad sub.  I know that I need to do better but selling 5* lego gear just seems wrong.  lol

May 24, 2023, 15:2605/24/23
12/19/19

JUST SELL YOUR SH!T ... FRIGGING HOARDERS ANONYMOUS HAS SEATS AVAILABLE

dthorne04Moderator
May 24, 2023, 17:1705/24/23
May 24, 2023, 17:19(edited)
12/30/20

So, I watched this all the way through and I think you may have missed most of the video. 

He talks about how he's going to check his drops right away rather than sit on them forever, instead of having a bunch of unleveled artifacts/accessories taking up space. He also talks about knowing your account, knowing what you need, thinking what pieces are going to go on what champions, being proactive in figuring out what the range of gear we want to be keeping. He finishes up by talking about how he errs on the side of trashing gear because over the years he's found himself looking back and wondering why he kept subpar artifacts/accessories.

So, a lot of good advice, I agree. :)

May 24, 2023, 18:2205/24/23
12/19/19
dthorne04

So, I watched this all the way through and I think you may have missed most of the video. 

He talks about how he's going to check his drops right away rather than sit on them forever, instead of having a bunch of unleveled artifacts/accessories taking up space. He also talks about knowing your account, knowing what you need, thinking what pieces are going to go on what champions, being proactive in figuring out what the range of gear we want to be keeping. He finishes up by talking about how he errs on the side of trashing gear because over the years he's found himself looking back and wondering why he kept subpar artifacts/accessories.

Sell sell sell

Wasted rolls on gear with 1 decent sub, even a lego with speed +atk/def/hp is an autosell for me.  Determine what you think your threshold should be then raise the bar 2 levels.  Then start selling at 4 or 8.  Don't auto to 12/16 yoloing... save that for shards :) this is why I have 100M or 150M silver

May 25, 2023, 12:4205/25/23
dthorne04

Thats one thing, but his opinion we need more storage numbers upgrade from Plarium, i think you missed this from video.

May 28, 2023, 21:2105/28/23
10/01/22

it was only yesterday i was looking at some of the awakening i have and even that part of the game has the ability to buy more space using gems/silver so you can store more of ur awakenings than being forced to sell them because it gets full, starting to seem like the only part of the game that does not have this feature is the item storage which is quite baffling as its one of the most used.