All Categories

Hoskarul: He's Easy to Get, and hits like a truck. Please Fuse this Guy!

Hoskarul: He's Easy to Get, and hits like a truck. Please Fuse this Guy!

Search
Comments
Nov 29, 2022, 09:2711/29/22
Nov 29, 2022, 09:29(edited)
11/19/22
harleQuinn

Remember that your energy recharges 480 energy per day if you can keep it below the cap, as well as getting another energy refill for doing 5 arena matches. If you're close enough to get this guy by running Dragon, I would encourage to knock it out if you can. :)

If you're gonna miss anyways, well, continue with your leveling. :)

I'm already above a low cap, at around 500/99 energy. But I've decided to go for it anyway and try farm Dragon 7 and level up some food at the same time. :)

Nov 29, 2022, 16:0911/29/22
11/01/22

If 'Unfazed' were dropped down from 4 turns (full) to two this guy would be unstoppable in AoE types of events. For now he needs ALOT of ACC and SPEED to really make use of him. Stuns are nice but don't rely on them till he has lots of ACC and SPEED.

Just sayin'. Yes, he was a fairly easy pick-up. Long term, he's no replacement for Soulguide but could be a great niche compliment in certain situations. 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 29, 2022, 22:2811/29/22
02/24/19
Fathertron

I'm already above a low cap, at around 500/99 energy. But I've decided to go for it anyway and try farm Dragon 7 and level up some food at the same time. :)

How's it going on this? :)

Nov 30, 2022, 11:5011/30/22
11/19/22
harleQuinn

How's it going on this? :)

Just got him, thank you. :)

Didn't think I would have enough resources. Only just did, but completely out of levelling food now. Got a lot of fancy new armor from farming Dragon, though. :)

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 30, 2022, 12:1111/30/22
02/24/19
Fathertron

Just got him, thank you. :)

Didn't think I would have enough resources. Only just did, but completely out of levelling food now. Got a lot of fancy new armor from farming Dragon, though. :)

Good! Glad you did. He'll be a big help for your account sooner rather than later, I would think. :)

Also, energy refills fairly quick in this game. You get 480 energy just from the natural recharge (if you stay below the cap), and the energy bottle in Quests and the energy bottle in Advanced Quests. I know it can feel like a grind, but just keep at it and you'll have your starter and then him at 60 in no time. :)

Dec 1, 2022, 09:3112/01/22
Dec 1, 2022, 09:57(edited)
11/19/22

Which stats are people prioritizing with Hoskarul? My initial thought is a SPD/HP/ATK build with a focus on ACC to land stuns. However, is he better focused on just tankiness or damage?

Also, I'd presumed stun is a good set to put him on, but I don't have enough pieces to a set so am considering Frost, simply because I have decent pieces from farming Dragon and I'm very limited with my artifact set choices overall at this stage.

Dec 1, 2022, 10:3312/01/22
10/25/19

He's good for wave clearing and stun locking. But I wouldn't say he snacks ( or maybe it's just that I've built him wrong).

Any suggestions on my stats? 

i

i

Dec 1, 2022, 11:1512/01/22
07/08/19
Fathertron

Which stats are people prioritizing with Hoskarul? My initial thought is a SPD/HP/ATK build with a focus on ACC to land stuns. However, is he better focused on just tankiness or damage?

Also, I'd presumed stun is a good set to put him on, but I don't have enough pieces to a set so am considering Frost, simply because I have decent pieces from farming Dragon and I'm very limited with my artifact set choices overall at this stage.

first off, atk is a pointless stat for him. his damage scales off defense, so attack is quite literally useless.

whether to build him as a dps or a debuffer depends on what you need more right now. you might be able to do both in the long term, but it will be challenging at the moment. if you opt to go the dps route, you'll want to focus on crit rate, crit damage, and defense. if you'd prefer to use him as a cc champion, you'll be more concerned with accuracy, speed, and defense (you'll want speed for the dps route as well, but since youre building for more stats total it will likely end up being lower).

neither stun nor frost is a particularly good set for him. frost is used most often in pvp and works best on a provoker while stun is most effective on  champions with all AoE attacks (and could end up being redundant on him, since his attacks can already stun and you cant stun someone twice). more importantly though, you're way to early in the game to be worrying about set bonuses. stats are far more important than sets and you should be focusing on making sure he has gear with good main and substats. if you have to use gear from 6 different sets to do that, that's fine.

Dec 1, 2022, 11:5112/01/22
Dec 1, 2022, 11:54(edited)
11/19/22

Many thanks for the replies, and - oh, dear! - next time I'd better look more closely at a monster's skills before thinking about artifacts and sets! Been trying to equip too many different mons in my head at the same time!

Dec 1, 2022, 12:0512/01/22
10/15/20
SirComander

He's good for wave clearing and stun locking. But I wouldn't say he snacks ( or maybe it's just that I've built him wrong).

Any suggestions on my stats? 

i

i

More crit rate. With 223% crit dam, you obviously try to go the dps route. Stacking that much crit dam without 100% crit rate isn't effective. In 20% of the time, your gigantic stockpile of crit dam doesn't work.

Maybe you could get some extra accuracy as well. As a rule of thumb, you need dungeon level x 10 accuracy to land your debuffs with a high chance. You need only a little bit more for successfull stun in dungeon level 25.

If you can find items to get him the last points of crit rate and accuracy, you could achieve to make him good for stun and dps at the same time.