All Categories

Tag arena

Tag arena

Search
Oct 24, 2022, 03:0110/24/22
02/11/22

Tag arena

I am done with this crap. I legitimately tried to push up into silver this weekend. Its hopeless, i cant win anything, and when i do, i get pushed back down. Win 3 series 2-1, then a whale comes and crushes me, and i end up right where i was.

40,000 gold bars and i cant spend them. No more tag for me, its a waste of electricity.

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 24, 2022, 03:5910/24/22
06/25/20

Git gud? :)

Oct 24, 2022, 04:5510/24/22
10/11/20
kramaswamy.kr

Git gud? :)

@Trips ,is....is that you? 

Oct 24, 2022, 08:0810/24/22
10/08/17

@OP   I feel your pain, its definitely a tough go no matter what tier your in

I had a mission to getto silver III .  First week I failed, was  unsure this week if I would make  it as I was getting squeezed out at the end. Fortunately for  myself I stayed  in silver II long enough with a green bar to get pushed  into Silver III and complete  my mission 

Now  it will be quite some time before  my missions require  me to attain silver IV so I have set my defence team to one champ to score some easy gold  bars

Overall, if I am objective of the whole experience I will say it presents a good challenge

But to your  point I agree the Bazzar needs  some  love and  more rewards for Bronze Tier

Oct 24, 2022, 12:4810/24/22
12/19/19
Tyr Anasazi

@Trips ,is....is that you? 

Lol, only in spirit...

Tag is tough early/mid game, as it requires dedicated champs for pvp.  Or at least a dedicated strategy beyond "use 3 speed leads".

If you spend 99% of effort on pve builds, and 1% or less in pvp u will struggle...

Wasted efforts getting a 6 second farmer instead of 10 seconds, overkill on CB.... speeding up dungeons by 10%... all great.... but no real progress. Especially for f2p/low spender.   I could go on....

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 24, 2022, 13:1210/24/22
02/24/19
Trips

Lol, only in spirit...

Tag is tough early/mid game, as it requires dedicated champs for pvp.  Or at least a dedicated strategy beyond "use 3 speed leads".

If you spend 99% of effort on pve builds, and 1% or less in pvp u will struggle...

Wasted efforts getting a 6 second farmer instead of 10 seconds, overkill on CB.... speeding up dungeons by 10%... all great.... but no real progress. Especially for f2p/low spender.   I could go on....

Very well said.

Oct 24, 2022, 13:2010/24/22
06/25/20

Also - word of advice. Between Mithrala and UDK, both of whom you should be able to get without too much effort - you shouldn't be running more than, at most, one speed nuke team. The "rock-paper-scissor" equation you should play into is, to be extremely simplistic, Cardinal > Speed Nuke > Go-Second > Cardinal. So, craft your teams around that. In other words, you don't really need to have a 360 speed Arbiter. What you need is a team that can win against a go-second team, aka, a team with very high DEF/RES, big shields, etc.

Oct 24, 2022, 13:5210/24/22
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Also - word of advice. Between Mithrala and UDK, both of whom you should be able to get without too much effort - you shouldn't be running more than, at most, one speed nuke team. The "rock-paper-scissor" equation you should play into is, to be extremely simplistic, Cardinal > Speed Nuke > Go-Second > Cardinal. So, craft your teams around that. In other words, you don't really need to have a 360 speed Arbiter. What you need is a team that can win against a go-second team, aka, a team with very high DEF/RES, big shields, etc.

This is spot on, I've been too lazy to even build a cardinal team... just need to gear still...

But I'm in g4 with nobody above 330s, I never fight speed with speed.  

Oct 28, 2022, 19:0510/28/22
09/10/22

Wait... there are tiers in Tag Arena 😟???

I thought it was just another daily, there to farm the single champ / lvl 1 defense teams for bars until you got Drex...

I mean do the math... @ Bronze 1 you get 18 bars per win x 20 tokens every 24 hours (when you do the advanced quest)= 360 bars... 

Drex fragments... 360 bars / 24 hours.

Oct 28, 2022, 22:1210/28/22
06/25/20
TENRaid3

Wait... there are tiers in Tag Arena 😟???

I thought it was just another daily, there to farm the single champ / lvl 1 defense teams for bars until you got Drex...

I mean do the math... @ Bronze 1 you get 18 bars per win x 20 tokens every 24 hours (when you do the advanced quest)= 360 bars... 

Drex fragments... 360 bars / 24 hours.

Free lego books and sacred shards at gold :)

Oct 28, 2022, 22:1610/28/22
09/14/20
kramaswamy.kr

Free lego books and sacred shards at gold :)

They should get rid of this restriction in the bazar.....if you really played and saved up the medals while being in Bronze, it makes no sense for me to hide some ales behind the silver or gold curtain...

Oct 28, 2022, 22:3010/28/22
Oct 28, 2022, 22:33(edited)
01/15/21

***TRIPS MODE ACTIVATED***

Do  10,000 dragon runs.

***TRIPS MODE OFF***

....do 10,000 dragon runs....

No seriously tag is tough and it is all about gear, i have been playing over 2 years now and still cant get out of my current bracket.

I am not sure i understand the comments about pve builds not helping in pvp to be honest, pve progress gets you better gear.

I would ignore tag for now, focus on

Reliable dragon team that can run at least dragon 20 for speed gear

Reliable spider team (accessories)

Reliable fireknight team 

Getting a clan boss team that can get UNM and nightmare chests daily.

FW teams that work because perception gear is really, really good.

I would come back to it when all this is sorted

Having said that i do agree with matrim that the restriction in the bazaar is silly.

Oct 29, 2022, 02:1510/29/22
02/11/21
Trevor Wilson

***TRIPS MODE ACTIVATED***

Do  10,000 dragon runs.

***TRIPS MODE OFF***

....do 10,000 dragon runs....

No seriously tag is tough and it is all about gear, i have been playing over 2 years now and still cant get out of my current bracket.

I am not sure i understand the comments about pve builds not helping in pvp to be honest, pve progress gets you better gear.

I would ignore tag for now, focus on

Reliable dragon team that can run at least dragon 20 for speed gear

Reliable spider team (accessories)

Reliable fireknight team 

Getting a clan boss team that can get UNM and nightmare chests daily.

FW teams that work because perception gear is really, really good.

I would come back to it when all this is sorted

Having said that i do agree with matrim that the restriction in the bazaar is silly.

What he means is that higher tag requires dedicated arena-specific teams. 

PVE champs tend to be well-rounded and multi-faceted to accommodate requirements of PVE content (Hydra champs need to do multiple things at once), FK needs a blance of wave clearing and boss fight (totally different battles), same in Doom Tower, except a new strat for every DT boss. But there is overlap between PVE builds, I can use Husk in DT and Hydra, my Var Gall is in Hydra and Scarab team, Seer is DT and FK.... 

For arena, you need specific champs, specific stats, and specific gear. Stoneskin loses 75% of its value after 1-2 turns, so does Bolster, Shield, Immunity and other arena-specific gear. You can build your damage dealers slow in arena, which doesn't fly in PVE normally. You build your turn meter booster with nothing but speed. Tag is that x3.

I am the prime example of that. My Hydra game is not that impressive (I just started getting 3 chests every week), but I'm on my way. I finished DTH for the first time, I can run every dungeon, I hit lvl15 of every Iron Twins Fortress except Magic (13), and I am one crypt away from getting Lydia........and I'm only in Silver 2 tag arena. I have several teams that can farm in Gold 5 no problem, but tag is a a different beast altogether. 

Oct 29, 2022, 06:0110/29/22
Oct 29, 2022, 06:03(edited)
01/15/21

But pve progress is still the key to earing your arena champs (I agree it requires different gear)

I sympathize with anyone finding tag tough, gratz on finishing DT hard by the way!

Nov 2, 2022, 22:4911/02/22
02/11/22

I hear all these wise words of advice and i understand them fully. My post rant was in fact more oriented with the absurd way the bazaar works. To be honest, i couldnt give two hoots about being higher than bronze 4... IF i could actually spend my gold bars.

One other thing maybe should be tweaked is the number of players per tier. Now, I'm not sure i understand this correctly, but in case I do, it reads like this to me:

Number of total players in Raid, according to the official announcements by Raid: Millions... with an "s". So if they are telling it right, millions means at least 2m. So let's go with that.

Players in Gold 1-4: 7000 + 4500 + 3000 + 2500 = 14,000 = 0.7% of player base

Players in Silver 1-4: 30,000 + 25,000 + 20,000 + 15,000 = 90,000 = 4.5% of player base

So in total, we have a system that allows entry to at least mid-tier to only 5.2% of all players... Is that enough?

So you see, all these words of advice are nice, but very pointless, sorry to say. A new guy like me trying to beat 94.9% of players after only 6 months against a bunch of players who've been playing 2-3 years? I dont think so.

=> Anyone feel free to correct me if all this is off base

Nov 2, 2022, 22:5911/02/22
11/16/20

I struggle in s4 of tag still.

I'm going to need to push into gold in a few more weeks for ramantu quests...

Probably gonna start a thread asking how to make go second teams because I run 2 speed nukes and 1 go second comp still.

Forever behind :(

Nov 2, 2022, 23:2711/02/22
06/25/20
Swiftblade

I hear all these wise words of advice and i understand them fully. My post rant was in fact more oriented with the absurd way the bazaar works. To be honest, i couldnt give two hoots about being higher than bronze 4... IF i could actually spend my gold bars.

One other thing maybe should be tweaked is the number of players per tier. Now, I'm not sure i understand this correctly, but in case I do, it reads like this to me:

Number of total players in Raid, according to the official announcements by Raid: Millions... with an "s". So if they are telling it right, millions means at least 2m. So let's go with that.

Players in Gold 1-4: 7000 + 4500 + 3000 + 2500 = 14,000 = 0.7% of player base

Players in Silver 1-4: 30,000 + 25,000 + 20,000 + 15,000 = 90,000 = 4.5% of player base

So in total, we have a system that allows entry to at least mid-tier to only 5.2% of all players... Is that enough?

So you see, all these words of advice are nice, but very pointless, sorry to say. A new guy like me trying to beat 94.9% of players after only 6 months against a bunch of players who've been playing 2-3 years? I dont think so.

=> Anyone feel free to correct me if all this is off base

Firstly, that total player count is almost certainly higher than the reality. Even if they do prune out inactive accounts, they likely do that with as much leeway as they possibly can.

Secondly, a large amount of that total player count is likely not anywhere close to gold tag. Player counts are always a pyramid with a much larger base.

A more accurate measure would be the total number of players in gold as a fraction of the total number of players in silver 1+. So, roughly 13% of active tag players are in gold+. That seems relatively fair to me. And, as I'd mentioned earlier, players who are arguably "meant" to be in gold+ rarely find it challenging to remain there.

If your argument is that the missions artificially restrict your progress by putting barriers that are not at "appropriate" points relative to the subsequent missions, then you won't get any argument from me. But that's not how Plarium constructed their mission system, for better or for worse. 

Nov 2, 2022, 23:2811/02/22
06/25/20
evilized6666

I struggle in s4 of tag still.

I'm going to need to push into gold in a few more weeks for ramantu quests...

Probably gonna start a thread asking how to make go second teams because I run 2 speed nukes and 1 go second comp still.

Forever behind :(

You're way off from what is currently meta. Personally, I find at least half my tag fights don't even involve my speed nuke team.

Nov 2, 2022, 23:3311/02/22
02/11/22
kramaswamy.kr

Firstly, that total player count is almost certainly higher than the reality. Even if they do prune out inactive accounts, they likely do that with as much leeway as they possibly can.

Secondly, a large amount of that total player count is likely not anywhere close to gold tag. Player counts are always a pyramid with a much larger base.

A more accurate measure would be the total number of players in gold as a fraction of the total number of players in silver 1+. So, roughly 13% of active tag players are in gold+. That seems relatively fair to me. And, as I'd mentioned earlier, players who are arguably "meant" to be in gold+ rarely find it challenging to remain there.

If your argument is that the missions artificially restrict your progress by putting barriers that are not at "appropriate" points relative to the subsequent missions, then you won't get any argument from me. But that's not how Plarium constructed their mission system, for better or for worse. 

What i intended to show is that the player brackets are a bit smallish. I have no problem with restricting gold to even 5% of the players. But silver? It could very well be expanded 3-4 fold. It is intended to be mid tier no?

So for an account like mine. All Keeps at 20, all dungeons at 25 (not fast, but can do them all), Hard DT to about 50%, Gold 5 arena, FW about 65% complete in terms of stars (ya the 35%  is twice as hard as the 65% i know, but thats the only way to measure), etc... Doesnt that qualify as at least the lowest of mid-tier players? Apparently in Tag, not even close.

Nov 2, 2022, 23:3911/02/22
02/11/22

And one other thing, you say 13% of all active players are in gold. That is not true, because you are instantly dismissing all bronze players as being inactive. There's a lot of us in bronze that are probably just as active as the higher tiers, and some, maybe even more.

Nov 2, 2022, 23:4811/02/22
06/25/20
Swiftblade

And one other thing, you say 13% of all active players are in gold. That is not true, because you are instantly dismissing all bronze players as being inactive. There's a lot of us in bronze that are probably just as active as the higher tiers, and some, maybe even more.

I specifically said "active tag players" :)