All Categories

Big difference in packs' price

Big difference in packs' price

Search
Comments
Apr 20, 2019, 14:5404/20/19
04/20/19

Seconded. These are gross business practices that are anti-consumer as hell and extremely off-putting for someone who has put quite a bit of money into the game.

How is it even legal to begin with? It literally encourages your paying players not to spend money on the game.
Apr 20, 2019, 17:0804/20/19
Apr 20, 2019, 17:35(edited)
01/17/19

Same pack at different prices:

28.99 GBP

https://prnt.sc/nelq55

And 29.99 USD 

https://prnt.sc/nelyy2

29.99 USD = 23.07 GBP

That means either UK players have to pay 26%  more than USA players, or players who have bought packs before are offered higher prices. Either way, it is wrong.

Apr 20, 2019, 17:2204/20/19
04/17/19
snyperisleet said:

well hopefully more people figure this out quickly because the solution is just to spend less. if we all start spending less then its bad for plarium and maybe they can change their methods
I already left a 1 star review on their game, writing that their practices of charging its more loyal fanbase more money is extremely unethical. 
Apr 21, 2019, 21:1504/21/19
04/21/19

I started playing last night 4/20/19, I noticed today when I loaded the game up on BlueStacks and had to login so I could access my account.  The Starter Package, temp account: $28.99 USD vs verified account: $9.99 USD.  The only real difference was 9 less blue summons and 200 less gems.

As soon as I seen this business tactic I told myself I refuse to spend a single 1 cent on this game.  This is shady and unethical.  I have played many Gacha games and I have never seen this underhanded trick.

I still gave this game a shot, but as a free user it's really boring.  Plarium games are now on my never play list.

Apr 21, 2019, 23:2704/21/19
04/17/19
chaossaga said:

Plarium games are now on my never play list.

Good choice, at least until they change their antics. 
KiwiMcSheepModerator
Apr 21, 2019, 23:5804/21/19
09/18/18

Hello all

Thanks for all the feedback and screen shots, though i did notice some differences with the ones posted where some have more shards and others less, the items do seem to vary from the cost of the pack, even in my personal experience the cost of the packs seem to reflect the amount of items actually inside the deal generally. 

Nevertheless Ive already re-highlighted this topic for review by Devs/CM.

Many thanks

Apr 22, 2019, 01:0004/22/19
Apr 22, 2019, 01:02(edited)
03/28/19
KiwiMcSheep said:

Hello all

Thanks for all the feedback and screen shots, though i did notice some differences with the ones posted where some have more shards and others less, the items do seem to vary from the cost of the pack, even in my personal experience the cost of the packs seem to reflect the amount of items actually inside the deal generally. 

Many thanks

we dont want high priced packs with silver energy and gems and the same amount of shards as someone who has a low price......i want to pay 15$ for shards not 100$ for shards energy gems and silver.... absolutly no way i would ever spend 100 on that garbage pack when someone can get the same shards and just less energy gems and silver for 1/10th the price
Apr 22, 2019, 01:3804/22/19
04/17/19

KiwiMcSheep said:

Hello all

Many thanks

I think it's clear to most of us that the higher priced packs have more items, that's not the problem. The problem is that consistently offering higher priced packs to your paying customers is NOT sustainable for the consumer. Offer deals that would be sustainable and you will have a much happier player base, unless you expect the majority of your player base to shell out $100 each time one of your ridiculous offers come out. This is just plain unethical. 
Apr 22, 2019, 06:0004/22/19
Apr 22, 2019, 06:01(edited)
03/11/19

I had been a spender until the day I found that my friend was getting things 2-3 cheaper than I did. And this was not a singular event - every pack pushed to his phone is at least twice better in value. Same platform, same currency, and same region. THIS IS REALLY SCREWED UP.

Apr 22, 2019, 23:0604/22/19
04/20/19

KiwiMcSheep said:

Hello all

Many thanks

Please let us know what they say. For players who have spent hundreds of dollars to support the game, this feels like a slap in the face.

As others have said, the primary issue is that the more expensive packs which are only offered to top spending players are a very bad value specifically in terms of shards, compared to the lower priced packages. Look at the Spring Pack, where a high-spending player would have to pay $140 for two sacred shards, while low-spending or F2P players can pay less than half that for two sacred shards. 

That is actually insane and highly offensive and the legality seems highly questionable as well.

I have spent nearly $1k on this game, and I honestly feel taken advantage of seeing that other players have gotten the same (or close to the same) amount of shards for far less money.

Honestly, paying players should be compensated for such a massive imbalance in the packs we've bought. I really enjoy the game, but right now it feels like I've been defrauded. There needs to be an official statement from the devs on this, and some sort of significant compensation if you want to keep your high-spending players.

Apr 23, 2019, 13:2004/23/19
04/13/19
I have been waiting a week for some reply on these package threads from a dev.  In light of the lack of response, I have decided to take my money elsewhere.  I feel fortunate I haven't thrown down the cash some of these players have.  Shame.
Apr 23, 2019, 14:4704/23/19
04/08/19

Miliannai said:

KiwiMcSheep said:

Hello all

Many thanks

I think it's clear to most of us that the higher priced packs have more items, that's not the problem. The problem is that consistently offering higher priced packs to your paying customers is NOT sustainable for the consumer. Offer deals that would be sustainable and you will have a much happier player base, unless you expect the majority of your player base to shell out $100 each time one of your ridiculous offers come out. This is just plain unethical. 

I have probably put $60-80 into the game. This is my thought, As someone who pays money semi-regularly (not even reached 35 days yet...) I want to spend $5-15 at a time, not $50-$150. Just because I put money into the game from time to time, doesn't mean I want to put a lot at a time.

Now with that being said. I only purchase the packs I feel are worth it for me. I don't know why, but all of the examples you gave for the most part are different with items and price. With the exception of the ST Patrick's Day ad all the other ads shown had different benefits. For example the void one had roughly 50% more items (15 shards instead of 10, 45 brews instead of 30, etc.). So it should be 50% more expensive. As for those saying it's a bad sales practice and you were "robbed". You didn't have to purchase that Ancient Shard pack or the void shard pack. It is your choice to take the offer. Should the offers be comparable? Absolutely. I think they need to figure out what they want 1000 silver to be worth, 100 xp to be worth etc, and everything should cost based on that.

For example 15 Shards, 30 brews, and 1000 xp should cost exactly 50% of 30 shards, 60 brews, and 2000 xp if not even a little bit of a discount for buying more.

Plarium, if you do have the EXACT same pack for different costs in the same currency, you need to fix that. It's bulls*** and you know it. If there is a cost difference it should be based on spending tiers. In the last 6 months you've spent between $1-$50 you get a 5% discount, $51-$100 you get a 10% discount, etc. Reward the spenders and they'll spend even more. I've spent $60-$80 on this game now. I'm not opposed to spending more. If I see a deal that I like and that makes sense for me and I see I'm getting it at a loyalty discount, I'm more apt to purchase it. Now does that mean we have to purchase it? No. If you think it's a good deal for you, you buy it. If you don't think it's a good deal, you don't buy it. It's that simple.

Plarium I would recommend stop sending out different packs with different things in it to different regions for different dollars. I would say alright here is our void pack and it is ALWAYS 10 void shards, 30 brews, etc. Here is our XP Pack and it always has 500 XP, 250,000 silver, and 500 gems and it is always $X. This will save you this headache you have and then you won't have to ask for screen shots of these price variances and the public's confusion. They'll know if they're in Finland, USA, Russia, or the Moon they're getting the same offers at the same price as everyone else. Plain and simple.

Apr 24, 2019, 01:5904/24/19
01/29/19

Probably the sneakiest and most shifty pricing I've ever seen in a mobile game. Is this even legal to begin with ? quite insulting to the high spenders (a large portion of them are starting to notice these price policies), it won't end well financially for this game 

Apr 24, 2019, 06:1904/24/19
04/17/19
Curlycross said:

Miliannai said:

KiwiMcSheep said:

Hello all

Many thanks

I have probably put $60-80 into the game. This is my thought, As someone who pays money semi-regularly (not even reached 35 days yet...) I want to spend $5-15 at a time, not $50-$150. Just because I put money into the game from time to time, doesn't mean I want to put a lot at a time.

This is EXACTLY what I am proposing...? I don't understand lol, what you said is exactly what I am looking for. 
Apr 24, 2019, 14:2904/24/19
04/08/19
Miliannai said:

Curlycross said:

Miliannai said:

KiwiMcSheep said:

Hello all

Many thanks

This is EXACTLY what I am proposing...? I don't understand lol, what you said is exactly what I am looking for. 
I am agreeing to your point. Another voice in the crowd, if you will.
CirillaAdmin
Apr 24, 2019, 16:2504/24/19
02/27/19
Hello everyone! Thank you for your comments. I would like to assure you that, first of all, we have passed this feedback accordingly. Our game designers and analysts are already working on redesigning packages and improving them. We do appreciate your understanding.
Apr 24, 2019, 16:5304/24/19
04/08/19
Cirilla said:

Hello everyone! Thank you for your comments. I would like to assure you that, first of all, we have passed this feedback accordingly. Our game designers and analysts are already working on redesigning packages and improving them. We do appreciate your understanding.
Thanks for a response. I DO NOT EXPECT THIS TO BE EXACT, THIS IS ASKING AS AN ESTIMATE. Do you know what kind of time frame these implementations would take? Are we talking days, weeks, months [or even a year... I'll be there for you...(Friends TV show song)]
Apr 25, 2019, 01:1604/25/19
04/17/19
Curlycross said:

Miliannai said:

Curlycross said:

Miliannai said:

KiwiMcSheep said:

Hello all

Many thanks

I am agreeing to your point. Another voice in the crowd, if you will.
Got you. Hope the changes come quickly. 
Apr 26, 2019, 03:2904/26/19
04/20/19

Cirilla said:

I have noticed hardly any packs pop up since Easter, which is a promising sign - not sure if that's intentional, but the frequency seems much lower, so fingers crossed.

If you would considering compensating heavy spenders like myself who have received far less for what they paid than other players, that would be really nice, though I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath.
Apr 26, 2019, 11:2104/26/19
05/08/17

Those are screenshot from a new account:

70 PLN = ~ 18 USD

24 PLN = ~ 6 USD

I haven't seen such packs on my account from the beginning of the game, it's just not fair that we get so expensive packs later and don't have a chance to get cheaper once.