All Categories

Never ending (udk) arena

Never ending (udk) arena

Search
Sep 30, 2022, 15:5109/30/22
09/22/22

Never ending (udk) arena

Just a quick query. The unending arena battles or (1500 max hit count) cap. 

with udk and I'm sure other champions causing these lengthy battles, does anyone know if plarium is looking for alternatives to soften this area? I remember in the old days of WoW after a certain time period (10mins or so) there would be a stat decrease debuff  which occurred frequently to stop this from happening.

just thought I would chuck It out there! I love the challenge of the game, just not a 30minute arena battle😣

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 30, 2022, 20:3209/30/22
09/22/22
dthorne04

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/1217927_unlimited-healing-in-arena/

this thread also leads to a few other threads in which players have voiced their issues with UDK, who definitely can lead to a stalemate or two :)

there's some potential strategies to look at such as heal reduction, but would it also be possible to see your roster? curious to see who you're using in arena. 

I'm currently running Elhain, udk, geomancer and apo. Mainly due to these being my strongest characters at the moment and geos hp burn damage can be the difference in winning vs udk or stalemate. arena is an area I'd love to develop in so would greatly appreciate the input. ☺️

will send over my champions (It's quite busy atm as I have a lot of dupes I'm using for faction guardians stats bonus) and I'm about a day away from food farming for udk 60

i

i

i

i

i

i

Oct 1, 2022, 14:3010/01/22
09/22/22
dthorne04

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/1217927_unlimited-healing-in-arena/

this thread also leads to a few other threads in which players have voiced their issues with UDK, who definitely can lead to a stalemate or two :)

there's some potential strategies to look at such as heal reduction, but would it also be possible to see your roster? curious to see who you're using in arena. 

Also just pulled ursula the mourner and runekeeper dazdurk from voids if either of these are viable! ☺️

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 1, 2022, 18:1210/01/22
12/30/20
Jdsgames

Also just pulled ursula the mourner and runekeeper dazdurk from voids if either of these are viable! ☺️

Runekeeper is a solid pull, Ursala is tremendous. She's going to help you out a ton long term. Great reviver, great kit. 

I think you're still at a point that we should be focusing on making impactful 60s, which will help you move up in dungeons, which will help you deal with tanky champs like UDK through better/more efficient damage. 

That said, if you pull a Rocktooth (healing reduction champion) from Felwins Gate in campaign, fine to take to 40 or so in early game then use as a chicken later.

But personally I'd want to focus on taking your best champs (Ursala, UDK, Geo, even potentially Apo) up to 60 which will just help you in general, overall content. Overall progression now while potentially not enjoying arena as much will put you in a much better place long term in the game. :)

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 1, 2022, 18:2610/01/22
02/24/19
dthorne04

Runekeeper is a solid pull, Ursala is tremendous. She's going to help you out a ton long term. Great reviver, great kit. 

I think you're still at a point that we should be focusing on making impactful 60s, which will help you move up in dungeons, which will help you deal with tanky champs like UDK through better/more efficient damage. 

That said, if you pull a Rocktooth (healing reduction champion) from Felwins Gate in campaign, fine to take to 40 or so in early game then use as a chicken later.

But personally I'd want to focus on taking your best champs (Ursala, UDK, Geo, even potentially Apo) up to 60 which will just help you in general, overall content. Overall progression now while potentially not enjoying arena as much will put you in a much better place long term in the game. :)

Agreed.

i

Achak will also be a big help in Spider dungeon progression, so worth getting to 60 for sure.

Oct 1, 2022, 19:2110/01/22
09/22/22
dthorne04

Thank you very much for the response both of you! Since this post I've rank 6'd and ascended udk and currently grinding some solid poison pieces and building for solo drag/ golem. 

next steps for me that I am going to move forward with ( let me know if you agree on these, I think they're the right choices lol) 

* Rank 6 geo for CB and re kit for res, speed, acc

* Rank 5 Anax and Fayne and build for unkillable CB

* Rank and build both ursula and achak

* re gear Elhain as she's currently lifesteal + speed 

* rank felhound to replace food farming speed runs

* rank khatun for speed lead arena but no rush 

* I've got dupe rocktooths so build one and fold the others 

* rank new void pulls

Oct 1, 2022, 20:0810/01/22
dthorne04

Just go and check the low lvl PvP leagues. Such a silver leagues. There the battle its a nightmare where the players just lvl30-lvl40s or lower. The UDK came with 6 star free artifacts. Could build high resists etc. What chance a fast win against UDK teams ??? Almost zero. 

The battles sometimes go over 10 minutes. If you dont have luck, and you dont pulled a good hero, or good items, you will strungling there in arena. Furthermore, all starter nuker is Magic affinity, so they all weak affinty against UDK. More lower chance against the 6 star geared, high resisted UDK to debuff. Almost all team in silvers use UDK, mostly team highest nuker there just lvl50 and dont have enough strenght to overdamage UDK. And other thing, what about block debuffs,remove debuffs and other champs when if they use? The low leagues battles now long-long time delayed boring battles.

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 1, 2022, 20:1610/01/22
12/30/20
Jdsgames

Thank you very much for the response both of you! Since this post I've rank 6'd and ascended udk and currently grinding some solid poison pieces and building for solo drag/ golem. 

next steps for me that I am going to move forward with ( let me know if you agree on these, I think they're the right choices lol) 

* Rank 6 geo for CB and re kit for res, speed, acc

* Rank 5 Anax and Fayne and build for unkillable CB

* Rank and build both ursula and achak

* re gear Elhain as she's currently lifesteal + speed 

* rank felhound to replace food farming speed runs

* rank khatun for speed lead arena but no rush 

* I've got dupe rocktooths so build one and fold the others 

* rank new void pulls

I don't see pieces for Unkillable, such as Maneater, Demytha, etc. unless I'm missing something. I think I'd hold off on Anax/Fayne and perhaps Fellhound for now. Staying focused is going to yield much better dividends for overall account growth, having a few goals in terms of ranking up champions at a time. 

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 1, 2022, 20:2510/01/22
Oct 1, 2022, 20:25(edited)
12/30/20
Deleted

Just go and check the low lvl PvP leagues. Such a silver leagues. There the battle its a nightmare where the players just lvl30-lvl40s or lower. The UDK came with 6 star free artifacts. Could build high resists etc. What chance a fast win against UDK teams ??? Almost zero. 

The battles sometimes go over 10 minutes. If you dont have luck, and you dont pulled a good hero, or good items, you will strungling there in arena. Furthermore, all starter nuker is Magic affinity, so they all weak affinty against UDK. More lower chance against the 6 star geared, high resisted UDK to debuff. Almost all team in silvers use UDK, mostly team highest nuker there just lvl50 and dont have enough strenght to overdamage UDK. And other thing, what about block debuffs,remove debuffs and other champs when if they use? The low leagues battles now long-long time delayed boring battles.

Well, as someone who's currently doing a F2P alt that is bouncing around S1-S3 yes, I'm aware of the existence of UDK and what he brings to the table. Fortunately, I like to preach sensible ideas like building your champions out better - as UDK exposes and punishes gearing/comp/account choices - and take the approach of finding good outcomes, rather than sitting on my hands. 

Staying focused, building out your best possible teams, putting your attention into gearing them (all concepts that remain valid for the vast majority of the game) rather than trying to run headlong into a UDK with a level 50 nuker all seem a better approach. Furthermore, players should be racing their starter to 6, which helps dealing with the affinity matchup. Yes, we're going to lose some. No, we shouldn't stop trying to improve our account situation to deal with it. 

UDK serves as a valuable lesson in building your account properly and trying to find solutions, no matter how annoying he can be. If one is continuing to have trouble with UDK in early arena, it seems better to try to improve their account rather than the alternatives.

Oct 1, 2022, 21:0310/01/22
09/22/22
dthorne04

I don't see pieces for Unkillable, such as Maneater, Demytha, etc. unless I'm missing something. I think I'd hold off on Anax/Fayne and perhaps Fellhound for now. Staying focused is going to yield much better dividends for overall account growth, having a few goals in terms of ranking up champions at a time. 

No you're not missing anything at'all! I've been playing the game for just over a month, I knew they could be used for unkillable CB but wasn't aware other champs were needed to make the setup viable until now, so thank you for letting me know so that I don't waste resources at this point! ☺️

I will focus the next week on food farming for geo and farming scrolls for Elhain, udk, geo and apo as there's a few more masteries I can get for each which should make a difference! Need to build armiger also with masteries

thank you very much for your responses, I will make sure to give an update on progression ☺️

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 1, 2022, 21:3810/01/22
12/30/20
Jdsgames

No you're not missing anything at'all! I've been playing the game for just over a month, I knew they could be used for unkillable CB but wasn't aware other champs were needed to make the setup viable until now, so thank you for letting me know so that I don't waste resources at this point! ☺️

I will focus the next week on food farming for geo and farming scrolls for Elhain, udk, geo and apo as there's a few more masteries I can get for each which should make a difference! Need to build armiger also with masteries

thank you very much for your responses, I will make sure to give an update on progression ☺️

No worries. :)

Yeah, for unkillable we're looking for champs like Helicath, Demytha, Maneater to name a few. Incredibly powerful comps but require the gear and of course the champs. Without them - and champs like them - the teams simply can't function.

Feel free to drop back in whenever, and good luck. :)

Oct 3, 2022, 07:5810/03/22
dthorne04

Well, as someone who's currently doing a F2P alt that is bouncing around S1-S3 yes, I'm aware of the existence of UDK and what he brings to the table. Fortunately, I like to preach sensible ideas like building your champions out better - as UDK exposes and punishes gearing/comp/account choices - and take the approach of finding good outcomes, rather than sitting on my hands. 

Staying focused, building out your best possible teams, putting your attention into gearing them (all concepts that remain valid for the vast majority of the game) rather than trying to run headlong into a UDK with a level 50 nuker all seem a better approach. Furthermore, players should be racing their starter to 6, which helps dealing with the affinity matchup. Yes, we're going to lose some. No, we shouldn't stop trying to improve our account situation to deal with it. 

UDK serves as a valuable lesson in building your account properly and trying to find solutions, no matter how annoying he can be. If one is continuing to have trouble with UDK in early arena, it seems better to try to improve their account rather than the alternatives.

What ?? Just F2P player strugling there ? LOL

Plarium brings UDK to table , thats okey, but with 6star items. What they think about it what will happen in the low lvl leagues ? Lvl 30-40 characters could kill fast him ? Pathetic long every battles there. No everyone lucky to pull block debuff or other heroes. Over 5-10 minutes a battle and need 5 times for completing the daily pvp quest.  Really who need the boring long pvp section too beside over 1 hour CB battles, over half hour Iron Twin battles, hours long Hydra etc etc etc. 

Oct 5, 2022, 20:3310/05/22
09/22/22
dthorne04

No worries. :)

Yeah, for unkillable we're looking for champs like Helicath, Demytha, Maneater to name a few. Incredibly powerful comps but require the gear and of course the champs. Without them - and champs like them - the teams simply can't function.

Feel free to drop back in whenever, and good luck. :)

3 days in, almost got the food For Geo, I only had 3 x 3* chicken to use towards the grind but almost there. I have 3x 5*, two maxed 4* champs so final food farming to rank 5 them and geo is good to go to rank 6. Please tell me that rank 6'ing gets easier in time lol. 

that will be udk and geo rank 6'd in the space of a week. 

going to give myself a short break after tomorrow and rank some of my essential characters to rank 5 I.e... Ursula, Anax, Fayne, jjorg and achak.  ☺️

Oct 7, 2022, 22:4510/07/22
09/22/22
dthorne04

And a further update from today, geo is now rank 6 and ranked ursala to 5. Already seeing positive progression here, went from mid 1600 arena up to 1820. 

- ice golem from 14 to 18

- drag from 13 to 16

- spider from 10/11 to 13. 

( that was just by ranking geo, yet to check progress with ursala in the mix) 

Next plan is to rank 6 ursala & armiger. Then rank achak and jjorg to 5 as I would like to see some more spider progression. 

(I could beat 14 spider if damage was higher, my udk was unkillable for this stage but just could not damage enough to counter heals), however ursala may noa be able to keep team alive to persist through and beat further stages ☺️

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 8, 2022, 04:5110/08/22
12/30/20
Jdsgames

And a further update from today, geo is now rank 6 and ranked ursala to 5. Already seeing positive progression here, went from mid 1600 arena up to 1820. 

- ice golem from 14 to 18

- drag from 13 to 16

- spider from 10/11 to 13. 

( that was just by ranking geo, yet to check progress with ursala in the mix) 

Next plan is to rank 6 ursala & armiger. Then rank achak and jjorg to 5 as I would like to see some more spider progression. 

(I could beat 14 spider if damage was higher, my udk was unkillable for this stage but just could not damage enough to counter heals), however ursala may noa be able to keep team alive to persist through and beat further stages ☺️

Hmm, I think I'd like to spend time in Dragon 16 soon, get your gear going up (maybe even once Ursala is done.) 

The reason being is I think if we can consistently farm gear with our first team of 60s in the best possible dungeon - being Dragon - rather than spreading out too much - it's going to help you more long term. It's up to you, of course. I just think Dragon will be a better place to focus sooner rather than later. :)

Oct 8, 2022, 08:0810/08/22
09/22/22
dthorne04

Hmm, I think I'd like to spend time in Dragon 16 soon, get your gear going up (maybe even once Ursala is done.) 

The reason being is I think if we can consistently farm gear with our first team of 60s in the best possible dungeon - being Dragon - rather than spreading out too much - it's going to help you more long term. It's up to you, of course. I just think Dragon will be a better place to focus sooner rather than later. :)

I think that would be beneficial, I prefer dragons dungeon as well and need to get some more solid toxic pieces for udk and lifesteal for CB team and speed pieces are always ideal! 

I'm going to get raid card soon for a month whilst I grind out ranks to speed things up a bit ☺️

I need to focus a bit more on runekeeper dazdurk as well as his a3 cleanse and heal is going to be crucial for many areas especially the ol' poisons ☺️

Oct 8, 2022, 23:2710/08/22
09/22/22
dthorne04

Just pulled a magnarr from the only aincent shard I've got today, it's a good day! 

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 9, 2022, 08:4810/09/22
12/30/20
Jdsgames

Just pulled a magnarr from the only aincent shard I've got today, it's a good day! 

Grats, tremendous HP arena nuker to build a little bit down the road. :)

Oct 10, 2022, 19:1810/10/22
09/22/22
dthorne04

Grats, tremendous HP arena nuker to build a little bit down the road. :)

Hey DT, 

Based on the roster I've sent over and ursula, runekeeper, magnarr that I've pulled since, do you see anything viable for a dragons 20 team? As said I am at 16 at the moment, would love to build to 20 just so that I can guarantee 5-6* drops as this would make farming upgrades A lot easier for my current mains. Have used all my energy the last 2-3 days and have got around 3-5 upgrade pieces so far

Thank you in advance! ☺️

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 11, 2022, 09:0710/11/22
Oct 11, 2022, 09:41(edited)
12/30/20
Jdsgames

Hey DT, 

Based on the roster I've sent over and ursula, runekeeper, magnarr that I've pulled since, do you see anything viable for a dragons 20 team? As said I am at 16 at the moment, would love to build to 20 just so that I can guarantee 5-6* drops as this would make farming upgrades A lot easier for my current mains. Have used all my energy the last 2-3 days and have got around 3-5 upgrade pieces so far

Thank you in advance! ☺️

I'd be inclined to roll something like UDK/Elhain/Apo/FroBan/Ursala. That said, it might be a bit slow without an AoE defense down/weaken on the waves.