This topic is closed

Question - Answer from our Game Designers (October, 2019)

75 Replies
Community Manager
9 October, 2019, 12:17 PM UTC

Hello, Raiders! Seeing that this whole time that our game is developing you guys have been putting forward tons of feedback, requests, and suggestions, we decided to make up a list of the most popular things that you would like to see in the game. Our moderators have listened to all of you, collected your feedback on both official and unofficial community platforms (a huge thank you goes to them here), and helped us to create the following list that we later discussed with our game designers. Here go their comments:


Suggestion 1: Expand Artifacts storage and implement a more convenient filtering system for Artifacts and Accessories.

Game Dev response: We do realize how important that is to be able to manage well your Artifacts storage, especially when you are playing actively and it gets filled very quickly. The expansion is coming in one of the nearest releases and we are going to work on the filters, too.


Suggestion 2: Improve the Arena Chests rewards.

Game Dev response: We are planning on gradually making the PvP-side of the game much bigger, thus, improving the whole area, including Arena rewards.


Suggestion 3: Provide more available runs in the Multi-battle more.

Game Dev response: Yes, we are considering this one and running some tests right now.


Suggestion 4: Make Tavern more convenient for navigation.

Game Dev response: Definitely working on that.


Suggestion 5: Reset bonuses in Great Hall.

Game Dev response: While we do understand that, having reached a certain stage in the game, we all may feel that we made kind of a not very good choice by upgrading this or that bonus in Great Hall. However, the important thing is that none of those Bonuses are useless, you would need all of them to make your champions so much stronger. Of course, it will take time and effort to open all of them. But, hey, we do hope that you are with us for the long run :)


Suggestion 6: Make the Destroy Artifact confirmation window.

Game Dev response: We are on it.


Suggestion 7: Improve Market (add more valuable resources).

Game Dev response: That’s a good one, we are going to think about it.


Suggestion 8: Do something about the SPD meta on the Arena.

Game Dev response: We are aware that the current state of things with prevailing powers on the Arena makes you curious about whether or not this is going to change at all. As mentioned in the comment about reconsidering the Arena Chests rewards pool, we are going to improve this side of the game. Namely, there will be new mechanics, champion Skills, brand-new Artifacts sets etc. All of this will balance out the current meta on the Arena.


Suggestion 9: Bring in Arena revenge.

Game Dev response: We all know this feeling when you go to the Arena Defense tab, see the players who dared bother our champs in a battle and wish we could fight back. While this would be a really cool addition to the game and we will certainly try to make it come true in the future, it is a rather big feature, so we cannot promise that we will be able to work it out soon.


Suggestion 10: Set a limit to summoning duplicate champions.

Game Dev response: As you all well know, the whole summoning concept is based on the laws of randomness and we cannot possibly interfere in them. But! We have some excellent ideas for utilizing your duplicates. Stay with us and you’ll find out what they are.


Suggestion 11: Add five more levels to the Minotaur Dungeon.

Game Dev response: This is not in our plans, however, there will be some changes in the whole area.


Suggestion 12: Consider granting Clan Bosses the ability to hit through Block Damage and Unkillable.

Game Dev response: We do know that using the abovementioned Skills on Clan Bosses disrupts the game balance to an extent. We will think this all through and see how we can change this.


Suggestion 13: Rewards for Clan Achievements.

Game Dev response: We have been thinking about implementing this, will see what we can do.


Suggestion 14: Extend the Daily Login rewards program.

Game Dev response: We have been thinking about it. Most likely, we will bring something like that to the game, but it may just not look quite like we would expect it to.


Suggestion 15: Improve the Vault, extend it and bring the Vault sorting to the pre-battle window.

Game Dev response: Coming up with one of the nearest releases.


Suggestion 16: Implement a push notification for Clan leaders and their substitutes to inform them about members joining or leaving Clans.

Game Dev response: We will make this happen.


Suggestion 17: Show the damage dealt to a CB in real time.

Game Dev response: Already in plans.


Suggestion 18: Rebalance faction Wars stages.

Game Dev response: We are looking into it.


Our game designers have a lot of exciting stuff for the game up their sleeve. And we are working intensely on step-by-step bringing them to life.

UTC +8:00
15
User
9 October, 2019, 12:57 PM UTC

1) The Game really needs more energy  double the max- energy from 130 to 260 it has been the same since the time the game was created, there has been new stages and a lot more new champion and really not enough energy to farm gear position and Minotaur's Labyrinth

2) Raid pass for 10,99 monthly is useless. Add 120 gems daily also add 2 extra energy refill daily and 100% XP in all battles 100% to Silver in all battles 25+ Multi Battle 25 Multi Battle all Dungeons.

3) Arena should give daily rewards like Clan boss. its useless once a week. or make it Tuesday Thursday and Sunday resets

4) The game needs a stage that gives rare, epic and legendary books.it would make a lot of sense if the book rewards from faction wars bosses reset each time they open.

5)Add a way to fuse books like the positions. We cannot focus on new champions if 85% of our champions need epic and legendary books this development is needed.

6) Minotaur's Labyrinth drops ( 24-32 basic ) ( 11-16 advance) (6-12 Divine) Any player needs minimum 4k-5k energy to max out 5 champions this is the way to much much. Minotaur's Labyrinth drops should be simpler, for example, stage 1-5 (5-25 basic scroll) from stage 5-10 (5-25 advance scroll) and from stage 10-15 ( 5-25 ) Divine scroll.

7) Arcane, void, Magic and Spirit Keep.there has been times that I have wasted more than 500 energy and still didn't get a superior position, Please remove mystery shard there is no player that wants to waste 12energy to get a mystery shard or XP brew. just make the stage simple from stage 1-5 less potion(Drops 1-5) from 5-10 greater position (Drops 1-4) and from 10-15 superior (1-3).

8) For Spider's Den please add double chance on specific days for specific factions it's almost impossible to get the faction we need. Or on specific days only 3 factions will have drops.

9) Ice Golem, Dragon lair, and fire knight the same add double chance on specific days for specific artifacts and remove XP brew and Mystery Shards, please.

Thanks

UTC +3:00
47
User
9 October, 2019, 12:58 PM UTC
Thank you, the arena (speed meta) desperately needed a revamp.  
UTC +5:00
2
User
9 October, 2019, 1:05 PM UTC
I doubt that some of these are among the most popular suggestions. #12 seriously? Who would suggest buffing the clan boss?! And why change the Block Damage and Unkillable buffs? So idiotic! Also, #10...excuse me but you can tweak the output of the RNG. I’m a developer, you ain’t fooling me with that “laws of randomness” BS
UTC +0:00
27
User
9 October, 2019, 1:12 PM UTC

You are adding a lot of new champions, but average players can’t experiment with them because the time investment to level and book them is cost prohibitive! Can you increase xp & book drops or add an emulator so we can test different champion combinations?

Blanket Boss immunities to freeze, stun, sleep ect, make many epic & legendary champions almost useless! Why not change boss immunity depending on affinity?

Faction wars is extremely disappointing. Why not have faction specific artifacts to boost performance or allow ability to re-roll buffs or debuffs?

Champion vault - For the love of god please let me view my champion skills and stats in the vault! Having to remove them to check these is a needless pain.

Revenue tip: you don’t need to make all your $ off crap drops, horrible shard chances, and xp grinding! You can offer unique hero skins! (See Fortnight)
UTC +5:00
12
User
9 October, 2019, 1:15 PM UTC

Any reason why the clan boss health still isn't being addressed? Seems unfair to people in different time zones that they can't get the top chest each day because the other members have already killed it. Even on UNM, the best result you can get is 16 people getting the top chest, and that requires no one else to touch it and all of those 16 people doing no more than 70m damage. Why do the other 14 members (Or in the real world 16 or more) have to miss out every day?

Simple solution is to remove the total HP and just set a clan threshold that has to be met to get the double rewards, that way you can't kill it and prevent others from getting rewards. Because the boss won't die at any point, give the rewards at every reset.
UTC +10:00
19
User
9 October, 2019, 1:16 PM UTC

Completely disagree with #12..

why nerf Block Damage and Unkillable buffs? There have to be some constants in the game, other ppl will invest in certain strategies, only to find that those resources wasted...

UTC +1:00
10
User
9 October, 2019, 1:19 PM UTC

Dear Cirilla,

thank you very much for your constant communication with us and the developers, you're doing a great job there. It's a good feeling to see that our concerns reach the people in charge. This list shows a lot of things pointed out by us on reddit and by YouTubers. However, as we're at it, I'd like to point out some things that I am missing on this list:

1. Skill Books are a crucial tool to improve champions and for some only get viable when booked. With Faction Wars going on, we are motivated to max out more and more champions and thus need a lot more skill books. The issue with that is that there is almost no way to receive skill books through ingame activites (such as Dungeons). Me and my clan are getting the top tier Clan Boss and Arena chests on a regular basis and very rarely see an epic let alone a legenary skill book. I wish for a way to "farm" for skill books or any other way to get them without using my credit card.

2. Another Issue are the rewards for endgame content, such as Clan Boss chests as stated above. Several people I talked about this stated that the rewards for beating the Demon Lord on UNM difficulty are even worse than those from the Nightmare difficulty before UNM was introduced. So I would love to see some balancing regarding this.

Thanks again for all the effort you put into this, I really appreciate your work!

Sincerely,

Puppet Man

UTC +2:00
14
User
9 October, 2019, 1:28 PM UTC

Thanks for the news!


Just one question: When is the rebalancing for some of the terrible legendarys coming? It wasnt even mentioned above. 

Im waiting for some Yannica, Black Knight, Sethallia etc. buffs.
UTC +2:00
4
User
9 October, 2019, 1:33 PM UTC

There's a whole lot of nothing here. We are thinking about, we are on it, coming soon blah blah blah!

It means nothing, we've heard it all before and we are all well aware that 'soon' means months to never.

But it stops members hassling you for a while though doesn't it!


Super quick to nerf our champs though when we finally get ones that make a positive difference for us.
UTC +1:00
13
User
9 October, 2019, 1:34 PM UTC

Why is Raid so far behind so many games at giving a progression reward system. You guys had a great 90 day system then dropped the ball. Most of us believed this was going to become a permanent part of the game. 

And as for the unkillable or block damage or Veil in the clan boss. Dont nerf that. If you do you cripple some of your best and rarest champions people have invested in. Instead just make clan boss single target stun attack clear all buffs off that single target. 


Lastly! Please any champ that has Anything done to them needs to be reported. These silent fixes to champs like what you recently did to zavia’s A3... Its rude and crazy making not to tell players you tweaked something.

Build trust with your players!
UTC +5:00
9
User
9 October, 2019, 1:39 PM UTC
Akrotackraider said:

Completely disagree with #12..

why nerf Block Damage and Unkillable buffs? There have to be some constants in the game, other ppl will invest in certain strategies, only to find that those resources wasted...

Absolutely agree. Tbh, i think plarium made this one up themselves. Nobody, and i MEAN nobody wants the cb to be harder. Unm is crazy enough as it is. 
UTC +1:00
6
User
9 October, 2019, 1:43 PM UTC
GoodGuyGlen said:

Any reason why the clan boss health still isn't being addressed? Seems unfair to people in different time zones that they can't get the top chest each day because the other members have already killed it. Even on UNM, the best result you can get is 16 people getting the top chest, and that requires no one else to touch it and all of those 16 people doing no more than 70m damage. Why do the other 14 members (Or in the real world 16 or more) have to miss out every day?

Simple solution is to remove the total HP and just set a clan threshold that has to be met to get the double rewards, that way you can't kill it and prevent others from getting rewards. Because the boss won't die at any point, give the rewards at every reset.
Funny isn't it, that this very post they are telling us how they 'listened', yet what they did with the implementation of unm proves they did nothing of the sort.
UTC +1:00
3
User
9 October, 2019, 1:50 PM UTC

So a whole lot of maybes, a big no on Great Hall reset, and no new minotaur stages but maybe some tweaks (adding some mystery shards and brews here as well, I bet)


Several of these points (or very similar ones) were already suggested before, and got the 'we're working on it' answer. But those suggestions were made over a year ago! And no progress, since they were suggested again since.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/671_announcements/110414_accepted-player-suggestions/


I saw these kind of QnAs before with SWGoH over three years. A lot of vague answers just to appease the players. I'm not falling for it. 

UTC +2:00
9
User
9 October, 2019, 1:59 PM UTC

i think they like to piss off their players I mean seriously.

who the hell give a shit about Suggestion 5,6,7,8,12.

and why can't you make Suggestion 10: Set a limit to summoning duplicate champions. it's not that hard after I player gets a champion cannot get the same until get gets all rare champions then it rests and can get rare duplicate champion same with epic and legendary or is it because this is your money maker.

SIMPLE WE NEED ENERGY TO LEVEL CHAMPIONS AND WE NEED BOOKS TO MAX THEM OUT HOW HARD IS THAT THIS SHOULD BE YOUR PRIORITY  THEN EVERYTHING ELSE.

UTC +4:00
7
User
9 October, 2019, 2:02 PM UTC
Can't mess with randomness?????  The last void event i bought 21 shards 5 were doomscreech. Why didn't i get 5 st nick??? Im sure it's random with higher percentage on certain champs. 
UTC +0:00
7
User
9 October, 2019, 2:09 PM UTC

Can you first of all fix the crashes the game has! My game just crashes randomly when im fighting something. It can happen in any type of combat. It's super frustrating, especially when its the clanboss and you just lose all your damage and your key.

This should be prio number one because im not the only one.

UTC +2:00
3
User
9 October, 2019, 2:17 PM UTC

Thank you for answering all these questions, heres stuff I would have said.


A pity system for getting dupe rare/epic/leg units could be nice. Say 50 rare dupes gets you an Ancient/void shard /get a choice at a rare after a certain amount? Or something similar. I want to have 1 of each Unit and that would be a nice/fair way to achieve it.

Would be nice to add more levels in turn increasing maximum energy. Would reward people who play the game the most and also let them play longer each day. 

More ways to attain skill books would be nice. Maybe put them in the gem store at 500 rare 1500 epic book and 2000-3000 legendary book for example. 

Ways to attain Void shards from gem shop would be nice.

Improvement on the training pit. Making the max upgrades give more XP would be great, I have never upgraded the sparring pit and never regret spending the gems on energy or shards instead.

I believe the reason it is full speed meta is because its the easiest to build when Arena doesn't give anything that worth building a team specifically for. I would like to see more teams in arena though so I hope it goes well. Seeing 90% of teams with the same 4ish speed leads does get boring. 

6* common gear would be a great addition to the market I believe, it would be reasonable price and also greatly help get that extra bit you might need to beat something. 

Would also like more stages on the potion keeps, the current stage 15 feels lacklustre. Especially when you do the mission to mix 10 superior potions this becomes very clear.

Faction wars is currently not even worth my time as it takes so long to level any unit to be of usable quality. Also need the gear on them which costs a fortune to remove. I don't know how faction wars can be improved but at the moment all it is used for is a couple of +1 on my current artefacts. The idea of faction wars is great but I can't enjoy it as I only have 0-3 usable units for each team.

Honestly I am content at the current stage of the game as it has been improving, only problem I have ever actually been annoyed about is not being able to have 2 of every unit in case of a fusion. I have units that aren't in my collection anymore : (

UTC +0:00
4
User
9 October, 2019, 2:21 PM UTC

Hells to the yea! THESE are needed!

Dimera said:



1) The Game really needs more energy  double the max- energy from 130 to 260 it has been the same since the time the game was created, there has been new stages and a lot more new champion and really not enough energy to farm gear position and Minotaur's Labyrinth

2) Raid pass for 10,99 monthly is useless. Add 120 gems daily also add 2 extra energy refill daily and 100% XP in all battles 100% to Silver in all battles 25+ Multi Battle 25 Multi Battle all Dungeons.

3) Arena should give daily rewards like Clan boss. its useless once a week. or make it Tuesday Thursday and Sunday resets

4) The game needs a stage that gives rare, epic and legendary books.it would make a lot of sense if the book rewards from faction wars bosses reset each time they open.

5)Add a way to fuse books like the positions. We cannot focus on new champions if 85% of our champions need epic and legendary books this development is needed.

6) Minotaur's Labyrinth drops ( 24-32 basic ) ( 11-16 advance) (6-12 Divine) Any player needs minimum 4k-5k energy to max out 5 champions this is the way to much much. Minotaur's Labyrinth drops should be simpler, for example, stage 1-5 (5-25 basic scroll) from stage 5-10 (5-25 advance scroll) and from stage 10-15 ( 5-25 ) Divine scroll.

7) Arcane, void, Magic and Spirit Keep.there has been times that I have wasted more than 500 energy and still didn't get a superior position, Please remove mystery shard there is no player that wants to waste 12energy to get a mystery shard or XP brew. just make the stage simple from stage 1-5 less potion(Drops 1-5) from 5-10 greater position (Drops 1-4) and from 10-15 superior (1-3).

8) For Spider's Den please add double chance on specific days for specific factions it's almost impossible to get the faction we need. Or on specific days only 3 factions will have drops.

9) Ice Golem, Dragon lair, and fire knight the same add double chance on specific days for specific artifacts and remove XP brew and Mystery Shards, please.

Thanks


•.•
UTC +7:00
6
User
9 October, 2019, 2:28 PM UTC

%100 agree I dont believe either of these..

 First - No self respecting gammer would actually suggest to nerf themselves, no, not happening. 

Second - in regards to the RGN for summons they have ALREADY tweeted with it when has suited their needs. Ya know **doubleing** the chances for Voids or Legendaries... then selling a **$50 USD!** package of Void or Sacred Shards......... uh huh..


joseanton said:


I doubt that some of these are among the most popular suggestions. #12 seriously? Who would suggest buffing the clan boss?! And why change the Block Damage and Unkillable buffs? So idiotic! Also, #10...excuse me but you can tweak the output of the RNG. I’m a developer, you ain’t fooling me with that “laws of randomness” BS

•.•
UTC +7:00
6
6855411 users registered; 120456 topics; 468544 posts; our newest member:masterwayne