All Categories

Classic Arena. The current state of things.

Classic Arena. The current state of things.

Search
Comments
Sep 9, 2020, 11:1009/09/20
08/18/20

Why not just remove the Arena from the missions page and stop pretending like you're making it any better by doing nothing.
Even paying for over 500 gems to refresh the arena didn't help me get past the arena SILVER missions. (Didn't even make it to bronze 4 with 68k power and a decent team) The fact that you haven't made a simple remove change and are losing player-base due to it shows that you're not willing to adapt and improve the game so that it benefits a massive portion of the new and returning players.

I don't even care about Arena, I just want to progress. As do many others. 

I've had the philosophy of  "Buy" packs to do better, but they don't help, So i'll refrain from spending anything until these matters are fixed or I find a new game to play, unfortunately leaving these type of issues in games has killed several previous games I've played. Hopefully you fix it before something better comes along.

Sep 9, 2020, 11:1309/09/20
08/18/20
Cherub said:

Are you sure the time-span required for a player to be removed from Arena (due to inactivity) has been reduced to 14 days?

Because I can still see inactive players (who didn't even login for months) present in different Arena Tiers.

Attached 2 snaps for reference. They're from my clan activity panel. Please have a look.

PS - Kindly update the mobile version of this forum/website to support attachments. Currently, we cannot attach any files but only reply in text on the mobile version of this forum. It's such a pain to send the snaps to our PC first, to be able to share them here. After all,  we majorly play on our mobile devices, so we should be able to reply & share effectively using it only.

Nope, They're all still in Arena and the Bronze2/3 have teams with 100-140k and most do not play the game no more. 
Sep 9, 2020, 15:4309/09/20
09/09/20

i like this ppl who are ou i was gold 4 year ago now i am silver.....and??? year ago belower was in gold 4 ahaha and kaels...even shaman....now such shit noob teams in bronze....its not broken arena,...its you are to weak...

while you cry everybody gear up

Sep 9, 2020, 20:5509/09/20
Sep 9, 2020, 20:56(edited)
04/23/20

Got playing this game 240days and still on but it’s frustrating to see how I can’t get progression in a game ... yeah I donated a lot of gems to get up for the gold1 and still can’t make it ... I rlly enjoyed this game but broh may I ask ... it’s so hard to delete arena missions or make it easier for other people ?? 

Sep 10, 2020, 09:0309/10/20
07/05/19

I finally get it! In the past I have mentioned this theory, but I finally see why arena fix is not about taking players out of the pool like the last fix (removing inactive players out of the pool), in fact this kind if fix will actually MAKE ARENA PROBLEM WORSE.

Ever wonder why when you start playing the arena, you start at 1000 points? In other games of this genre, you almost always start from zero, but in raid you start with 1000, in which you can actually lose points and get bellow where you start.

Also ever wonder why every week there's a need to reset your points to the lower limits of your tier? I mean wouldn't letting you keep your point as is after distributing the weekly arena reward achieve the same thing?

You see those 2 things are essential for Plarium to mask the nature of the classic arena.

The first thing, the 1000 points starting points is essential because the point system in arena is a ZERO SUM SYSTEM, what that mean is that the points I win is always equal to the points my opponent lose and vice versa, I win 9 points, my opponents lose 9 points; I lose 11 points, my opponent gain 11 points. Meaning there's ALWAYS A FINITE number of points available in the arena 

You can actually check this at your defense log and calculate it for yourself.

The 1000 points given to you as you start playing in the arena is needed to grow the arena ladder, the more people join, the more points are available for you to grab, but in the end there is a finite number of points available for any player in the system to get; that number is 1000 * the number of players in the arena.

Hence if Plarium did remove inactive accounts in the last fix, they would actually remove a huge number of available points in the arena; which in my theory would make arena EVEN WORSE because less points = harder to get to higher tier, but this explains why my account is actually benefited from the fix while many other barely feel anything. I would assume anyone around my tier of silver 1 should also feel some benefit.

As I said, the point system is a zero sum system, so assuming plarium really did remove inactive accounts, there should be a contraction in the whole system, those bellow should be pulled up a little and those above should feel a tug down. That is why Plarium said the fix is for Bronze and Silver in all of their announcement, because they know it would actually effect those on the border of Silver 4/ gold 1 negatively. But they won't really feel it because of how those in the border of the tier are used to going up and down between tier, that a slightly stronger pull down won't bother them.

And this is why the weekly reset of points ARE ESSENTIAL. It is used to mask this nature of the zero sum system. Because of this zero sum system, for anyone to reach a higher tier, they need to pull someone down, if you start in bronze, you need to pull someone down from silver, and then you need to pull someone down from gold... To mask this, Plarium geniously mask it with a weekly reset, and distract you with weekly rewards, if there was no weekly reset, you will all see how the points you have are stuck! In fact you can clearly see it going down if your progression of your arena champs are not in par to everyone around you.

To prove my theory, I will need the weekly list of the top Platinum tier winner. If my theory is correct, there's should be very minimum change in the points of the platinum tier winners in the last few months, and at the week of the 2.12 fix there's should be a slight decrease in points of those in the Platinum.

This also explains the May fix fiasco, the day Arena started to become exponentially harder. From the stories I gather, before that may fix there was an abundance of easy target accounts, hence people were so easy getting to gold tier. I would venture a guess that those easy accounts were bots Plarium use to fill in the arena at the beginning of this game's life. At that May fix, I speculate that they remove all of those bots, causing a HUGE POINT SHORTAGE, remember all of those points people win from those bots were reset every week, thus wiping millions of points that used to be up for grabs. Because of that, people are dropping from the tiers, because there's simply no points to be won, and for many people their points are now getting devoured like krills to the whales.

So Plarium, this is yout problem... your points system are now jammed, because the high level players are too hard to be taken down, and everyone keep getting stronger, but there's no place for anyone to go up, that's why everyone is going down now.

Sep 10, 2020, 15:3609/10/20
05/13/19

I am stuck in Silver II. That means that for every won battle I get two silver badges. I am lucky if I win 3 out of 10 battles a day, so I get between 4 to 6 badges a day.

At this rate it takes me 3 to 4 months to get a simple minor improvement for my Great Hall, meaning that I get 3 in a year, provided I keep playing.

So instead of catching up, I keep losing ground compared to everybody from Silver III and up. And the same goes for everbody else in my position, leave alone those stuck in Bronze.

When, not if, they stop playing en masse, the game will stop being fun for everybody else still paying, even in the top tiers.

A first step would be to increase the number of spots in Gold and Platinum tiers, but I have little hope there

Sep 10, 2020, 20:2109/10/20
08/05/19
Just give me my FREE Arbiter dudes. I already have your broken screwed up arena bonus (great hall) upgraded to level 9 and how many years more I need to collect golden medals from 629 to 1000? Just replace this mission (upgrade GH bonus to level 10) to be the last one maybe? At least I would get all the other missions' rewards I already can get like beating dungeons' stage 20 on auto or alike. Do you even realize this mission stucks ALL my progress of getting my FREE Arbiter for months? Do something clever before it didn't become more clever just to quit your broken game. 
Sep 10, 2020, 21:4209/10/20
05/18/20
Let me explain in terms you care about. New players become whales and give you more money or new players leave and you lose money. Currently, new players are massively frustrated by how "unfair" the missions and arena are. They are not becoming whales as fast as they could be. NOT FIXING ARENA AND MISSIONS IS COSTING YOU MONEY. Fix Arena. Give us a date. Do the easy fix now. Don't take a century for a comprehensive fix while you are losing new players. LOSING NEW PLAYERS MEANS LOSING MONEY.
Sep 10, 2020, 22:1009/10/20
09/09/20
48k team silver go cry more
Sep 10, 2020, 22:3909/10/20
03/24/20
Hello this is my first post :) I'm a 6 months player lvl 65 nearly FTP (just some monthly gem packs). I'm in silver 2 arena and as you might expect progression is beyond annoying. I would like to suggest a possible solution. Create another classic arena and put players that have not done the missions in 1 that goes from bronze to gold 4. And the end game players that finished the game in the second one that goes all the way up to platinum. This way people that don't have Arbiter and all way round golden great halls have the option to fight among their own and progress in the game. And once they finish the missions and get Arbiter they get moved to the second arena to try and fight to get to platinum. What do you think?
Sep 11, 2020, 19:3609/11/20
12/19/19
adamochip said:

Hello this is my first post :) I'm a 6 months player lvl 65 nearly FTP (just some monthly gem packs). I'm in silver 2 arena and as you might expect progression is beyond annoying. I would like to suggest a possible solution. Create another classic arena and put players that have not done the missions in 1 that goes from bronze to gold 4. And the end game players that finished the game in the second one that goes all the way up to platinum. This way people that don't have Arbiter and all way round golden great halls have the option to fight among their own and progress in the game. And once they finish the missions and get Arbiter they get moved to the second arena to try and fight to get to platinum. What do you think?
That is too rational, too simple, and easily implemented. So no way plarium does this, lol. Better off grouping new players with year+ players still...
Sep 11, 2020, 20:4509/11/20
03/24/20
Yep that was the idea rational simple and easy to implement :P
Sep 12, 2020, 01:1909/12/20
07/05/19

Trips said:

adamochip said:

That is too rational, too simple, and easily implemented. So no way plarium does this, lol. Better off grouping new players with year+ players still...

Actually... Not really a good idea, unless Plarium are willing to pump up bots to fill the list so there would be enough points for people to grab

At this point I am 99% sure that my point theory is right, and anything that would make the list of players shorter would break the classic arena even further.

Here's the problem that I see:

You have to remember, that at the current arena, the ones at gold and platinum are the whales, by taking out the players that has not get Arbiter from missions, and putting them on a separate list / league, people in the original list would be dropping down to bronze /silver. I don't even think there would be enough points for anyone to be at gold in that "experienced players" league. It would cause an uproar, whales would be driven out of the game!

I'm not trying to justify quick cash grab or irresponsible spending, but you have to remember, that these people are the ones paying for this game, without them there would be no game, AT ALL... So yeah.

But let's assume, they'd stay regardless, what would happen when you get to move to that "experienced player" league? You'd be facing endless whale accounts even from bronze, people with 300+ maybe even 400+ speed, all of them packing Rotos and Siphis and Tormins and all of those champs, fully mastered, fully geared, fully ascended.

You'd have no way of winning any match even if you now have that Arbiter.

So yeah, for me any idea that would make the player list shorter in classic arena is a bad idea.

Sep 12, 2020, 02:3609/12/20
12/19/19
Well the "second" arena could just start at gold 1. So once you get Arbiter you only compete for gold medals. Or maybe start at silver. 
Sep 12, 2020, 02:4509/12/20
Sep 12, 2020, 02:51(edited)
05/13/20

I'm tired of hearing excuse and tolerate this broken PVP system. I do not care, it doesn't matter how long these "OP Endgame" player not actively playing or how bad that player is or how players can "abuse" the system. When you have a LEVEL 70, SEVENTY endgame in Bronze, 

THAT IS THE PROBLEM. It is inexcusable for these kind of high level players in newbie rank griefing lowbie. You can say you "are working on fixing it all you want", let me know when it is fixed, until then I will provide feedback by stop spending my money until this ridiculous broken PVP system IS ACTUALLY GET FIXED. 

Sep 12, 2020, 03:2709/12/20
Sep 12, 2020, 03:29(edited)
07/05/19

downonluck said:

I'm tired of hearing excuse and tolerate this broken PVP system. I do not care, it doesn't matter how long these "OP Endgame" player not actively playing or how bad that player is or how players can "abuse" the system. When you have a LEVEL 70, SEVENTY endgame in Bronze, 

THAT IS THE PROBLEM. It is inexcusable for these kind of high level players in newbie rank griefing lowbie. You can say you "are working on fixing it all you want", let me know when it is fixed, until then I will provide feedback by stop spending my money until this ridiculous broken PVP system IS ACTUALLY GET FIXED. 

I don't think that is a good example to show how bad the matchmaking system is... Because as high is the account level is, that roster seemed pretty tame compared to others I have seen even at Bronze 3.

Not even looked really good at team synergy. And I think it is even achievable by lower level accounts

Although, I have to agree that this guy should've been in silver 1 or Bronze 4 at the very least

Sep 12, 2020, 04:2209/12/20
07/05/19

Trips said:

Well the "second" arena could just start at gold 1. So once you get Arbiter you only compete for gold medals. Or maybe start at silver. 

This is achievable without the need of separating the classic arena. But it needs to have Bronze to be a protected tier.

1. There needs to be a checkpoint system, where once you cross that checkpoint, you can't go back down. My preference is that once you have a silver medal you are locked in silver, and cannot go down to bronze again

2. There needs to be active bots, controlled by Plarium, located in Bronze 3 and 4. These bots needs to be filled by champs Plarium deemed to be what it needs to be the maximum standard of what Bronze 3 and 4 should be. These bots will attack every account at least 2-3 times a day, pushing anyone who already above that standard to go higher, also give targets for those already above said standard so they can actively go up.

I think that's my idea to compliment Adamochip and your idea. It can also be scaled up to silver 4 if they want the protected area to go up to silver.

Sep 12, 2020, 18:0309/12/20
12/19/19
OzzLee said:

Trips said:

This is achievable without the need of separating the classic arena. But it needs to have Bronze to be a protected tier.

1. There needs to be a checkpoint system, where once you cross that checkpoint, you can't go back down. My preference is that once you have a silver medal you are locked in silver, and cannot go down to bronze again

2. There needs to be active bots, controlled by Plarium, located in Bronze 3 and 4. These bots needs to be filled by champs Plarium deemed to be what it needs to be the maximum standard of what Bronze 3 and 4 should be. These bots will attack every account at least 2-3 times a day, pushing anyone who already above that standard to go higher, also give targets for those already above said standard so they can actively go up.

I think that's my idea to compliment Adamochip and your idea. It can also be scaled up to silver 4 if they want the protected area to go up to silver.

Separate tiers has always been my preferred approach to the problem, I just don't think it will ever happen even though it is easily implementable.  This accomplishes everything you are trying to achieve without plarium having to define appropriate bots and naturally pushes people out of the lower tier on a regular basis...preventing collapse of ponzi scheme :)
Sep 14, 2020, 18:3909/14/20
07/28/20

matsumats said:

Let me explain in terms you care about. New players become whales and give you more money or new players leave and you lose money. Currently, new players are massively frustrated by how "unfair" the missions and arena are. They are not becoming whales as fast as they could be. NOT FIXING ARENA AND MISSIONS IS COSTING YOU MONEY. Fix Arena. Give us a date. Do the easy fix now. Don't take a century for a comprehensive fix while you are losing new players. LOSING NEW PLAYERS MEANS LOSING MONEY.

That's true.  Not worth to spend as a newbie.

It is reasonable that newbies cannot defeat veterans in arena(maybe forever). But newbie's mission/great hall progression should not be blocked.  This is the most newbie unfriendly game I have played. 

Sep 15, 2020, 22:3309/15/20
Sep 15, 2020, 22:34(edited)
01/29/19
I was a day or two away from completing the Gold IV Arena mission when Plarium changed things and now I struggle to stay in Silver III. Never, ever going to see an Arbiter even though I can complete all the rest of the missions except the Arena one. This SUCKS!