All Categories

Classic Arena. The current state of things.

Search
Sep 4, 2020, 12:0209/04/20
05/17/19

Greetings!

Seeing that, lately, the Classic Arena has been a subject of many heated discussions and, to be perfectly candid, a cause of pain for a lot of players, we have decided to summarize the state of things there and to address the most salient concerns in this post.

Arena is broken. There are OP opponents in Bronze and Silver. Is it a bug?- No.

The Classic Arena has become more challenging and competitive than ever before for players in Bronze and Silver owing to several factors. The increasing complication in lower Tiers occurred organically - more and more players are joining our game, developing their teams and offering greater competition than we witnessed on the Arena in the earlier days. This is not a result of a bug or any sort of an irregularity, this is a consequence of the playerbase growing stronger.

Why haven’t you fixed it yet? - We’re on it.

Our dev team has already begun to take steps towards adopting measures for tackling this issue. In patch 2.12, we decreased the time-span needed for inactive players’ Def teams to be removed from the Opponents list to 14 days. This was just one of the steps that we have in store. We have been monitoring the Arena for some time after the change took effect, and are now preparing the next step - modifications in the matchmaking system itself. We want to make sure that opponents get picked to better fit the current development level of your account taking into consideration various factors and criteria.

Arena-based Missions removal.

We are focusing on the complex set of changes in the Arena overall rather than on short-term solutions like removing the Arena-based Missions from the game. These Missions are an inalienable part of the gameplay that help players to progress and should not be removed because of the complications.

We would like to point out that curing the Classic Arena is our top priority right now. We believe that all players should be able to progress in the Arena (with some effort, of course!) and we strive to make the feature enjoyable for both veteran and newly joined players.

Before releasing any changes, we need to make sure that they are going to be effective and not disturb any other side of the game. That's why it will take some time for us to implement those changes and for you guys to see them in action.

Thank you for taking your time to read this post. We’ll get back to you with the update on this issue as soon as we possibly can.

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 4, 2020, 12:1809/04/20
Sep 4, 2020, 12:28(edited)
02/03/20

If you're not going to remove the arena missions from challenges, then you should at least reduce the requirements to make it easier for people to complete them. It is unacceptable that we had to beg you for months for you to even notice and acknowledge that there is a problem with Classic Arena, but now we have to also wait who knows how many months while you figure out who to solve this issue. And all this while we're just supposed to sit tight and not be able to complete Arbiter missions? That is absurd. If you cannot remove it, you should reduce it. 

Reach Gold 1? Okay, Reduce that to reach Silver 4

Get Great hall bonus to level 6? Okay, Reduce that to Level 4

So simple, at least make us believe that you actually care about your players, we don't need more of your empty promises. We need changes that are going to help us NOW! 

You never give the players a quick fix to reduce the pain, we always have to wait and wait, it's no wonder people are quitting in droves. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to keep members in a clan right now? we have to recruit every day because somebody is quitting.

This is just your typical response, we're working on it, nothing new at all.

Sep 4, 2020, 12:3709/04/20
09/04/20
You have to realise something i doubt most people want you to give out rewards from tag team arena since it was so hard for a long time and very few people have made it to gold so we will not get the best rewards possible for each one of us therefore i believe you should delay that. Other than that really excited for the 2.2 patch keep up the good work. We are looking forward to void tower 😁
Sep 4, 2020, 12:4309/04/20
01/09/20
Complicated, Plarium failed with players again.
Sep 4, 2020, 12:4709/04/20
08/15/20

Atm it is impossible (the arena patch brought no improvement to my account) for me to reach silver 1 in the arena, even if I renew the oponnent list every 15 minutes. I cannot understand what is so difficult to improve the matchmaking. How should I beat an opponent 10 levels above? How should I beat an opponent with 4 6-star legendarys including Rotos and Valkyre in Bronze 3? How should I beat an opponent who has double my strength in points? There are so many ways to improve the situation! The only thing I can hope for is that players put only one unit in their defence!

Unfortunately and to be honest, I dont believe that you will change anything in the near future.

Then lets have a look at the arbiter mission where I stuck to reach silver 1. All upcoming missions, e.g. get two Champions to rank 5 are so easy until I should get 50 silver medals ... and so on ...

Really really annoying that the community ask for this for months!!! If Hell Hades not had startet a FTP series and if Chosen didn't speak to some investors, this wont even be on your list!!!

Sep 4, 2020, 12:4909/04/20
08/07/20

1) "The Classic Arena has become more challenging and competitive than ever before for players in Bronze and Silver owing to several factors" - you create list of missions 1-2 years ago and u don't change it. But as you say, arena changes very much. So why u don't patch missions?

2) You fixed showing afk players to 14 days. OMG, the developers don't get tied? This fix could be done in 1 hour. And u do it for 2-4 months. Really? In what world u live? Every player in this game tell u about this problem for 3-6 months. U have 1 million feedbacks. Why u do fixes so long. U don't need players?

Sep 4, 2020, 13:0009/04/20
07/17/20
How ridiculous!!! The missions are to assist progress in the game yes? The difficulty should be structured to your organic growth as you get build a team get stronger aim for the next mission and so on so forth... agree missions should not be easy, but I’ve played for just over 60 days, completed 3star brutal campaign, on brutal cb yet I can’t with 50 silver medals in arena! But afterwards simply rank a champ to 50 when I already have several on 60?  How bloody hard is it to change a value? In a mission? Dropping the silver medal requirement to 10 even would be a quick help, although now a fix! I’ve only just last week touched silver, passed that mission. Flew through the others as I’m way past the account strength requirement for them, yet again hit a brick wall now needing not just to touch but somehow win the 50 silver medals required! It does make you feel like just not bothering with that part of the game! Then I know there will be fusions missions for I champ I really don’t think I will need by then!!! (Aside from rhazin :-) ) 
Sep 4, 2020, 13:0009/04/20
03/27/19

The change in the arena was sudden. It can't just be due to the growth of players.

Sep 4, 2020, 13:0309/04/20
08/26/19

Are you sure the time-span required for a player to be removed from Arena (due to inactivity) has been reduced to 14 days?

Because I can still see inactive players (who didn't even login for months) present in different Arena Tiers.

Attached 2 snaps for reference. They're from my clan activity panel. Please have a look.

PS - Kindly update the mobile version of this forum/website to support attachments. Currently, we cannot attach any files but only reply in text on the mobile version of this forum. It's such a pain to send the snaps to our PC first, to be able to share them here. After all,  we majorly play on our mobile devices, so we should be able to reply & share effectively using it only.

Sep 4, 2020, 13:0609/04/20
05/14/19
Why aren't there just more tiers in the classic arena now?  Make platinum 4 tiers like the others and reduce requirements to get into some of the earlier gold/silver levels.  That lets the better teams move up, leaving gold accessible once again without having an end game team.
Sep 4, 2020, 13:0709/04/20
02/16/19
You are over-complicating the matter. Nerf the arena missions so anyone can complete them in any tier (win X amount of battles, kill Y amount of champions). Buff the value of lower tier medals so bronze players can complete the GH missions in a reasonable amount of time. It's not complicated.
Sep 4, 2020, 13:0709/04/20
08/19/19

The real reason why Classic Arena became so difficult is because the greedy birds from plarium decided to throw one speed set package after the other into the game instead of bringing something like Battlepass 2 or working on other things

Sep 4, 2020, 13:0909/04/20
01/26/20

I have 2 accounts, one stuck between bronze and silver, the other is between gold 2 and 3 ; both accounts are blocked in progression because of the arena missions.

The small account could get higher with month, but for my oldest account, i can't go further, everyone has arbiter, but i need to go gold 4 to get my own ! Nice, my apo is already 300+ speed, and drake is a beach, i can't get better pieces.

I could get all missions done, but nope, stuck because of arena.

You have 2 easy ways to get rid of this problem :

1) you change the missions, and gold 1 is enough to get arbiter.

2) you don't reduce the number of medals available each week. Because, nobody talks about that, but all the lost medals never get back, so the lvl in arena is getting higher every week, whatever you do.

Well, you won't read anyone here anyway.
Sep 4, 2020, 13:3009/04/20
10/28/19

Part of the issue is the aforementioned (OP teams populating lower tiers), the other part is thay arena just isnt fun period. Unless you have one of a handful of fusion event champions that some might not have been playing for (compared to the poor champions from the last few events), you have a severe hamstring. Combine that with speed or nothing, and the mountain is huge. 

A different very successful game I played (been around for 5+ years) had a similiar issue with speed being #1 and everything else being worthless. What they did was make your fastest character determine who goes first, and that was it. After that was turn based. Realizing that would create issues in this game due to turn boosting the concept was correct. At WORST you started 1 attack series "behind" but that was it. The result was ALL stats became valuable instead of one. Its much more enjoyable having a chance to win every battle vs "Crap, i went 2nd, Ill be dead by the time im un-cc'f."
Sep 4, 2020, 13:3109/04/20
01/30/20

I have 2 accounts, one is starting to go up to Silver 3 and probably beyond aufter I pulled Trunda. The Acocunt had early luck with a Raglin that helped to get to Gold 4 for 3 weeks after massve inroads of Rotos in the meta, Raglin was not enough and so the account dropped to Silver 1 over time. I am now stuck at the Gold 1 Mission for at least 3 months. Hopefully I can get to it after pulling Trunda. I am still not sure because the teams I face in Silver 2 are  the same I faced in Gold 4 6 months ago. This account is only 3 days older than the second account below.

The second has not found any viable Arena nuker and is still running the basic High Katun, Warmaiden, Athel and Kael team as the nuker. This account has started early December and could not make it to Gold not even to Silver 3. This acount is stuck with the team in Bronze 4 to Silver 1 with no option to get to Silver 3 for the mission.

So both accounts face similar teams but one has pulled the right Champ hopefully to progress and the other is not moving at all.

If you include the age of an account into your match making which I think is the case than you need to discount the luck in pulling champs as well which I don't see in the team composition.
Sep 4, 2020, 13:3909/04/20
08/26/19

Ribbolino said:

The change in the arena was sudden. It can't just be due to the growth of players.

Yes. It was exactly in the patch where they changed Platinum Tier matchmaking for the first time. They decided that the opponent listing will be based on ranks instead of player or team power. It seemed as if they copy pasted the same changes to all arena tiers & not just Platinum.

However, I cannot disagree that opponents in Arena have became stronger as well. They have very very high speeds & damage with almost zero defence. And on top of that, they all have crazy good champions. We can now easily see, close to 300 speed Lyssandra & Arbiter now in the arena. Earlier it was nowhere to be seen other than Gold IV and above. There might be many reasons for this but selling of Speed artifacts is the biggest cause to this.

And this gap in strengths will only keep getting wider & wider and not be curable with how things are going on right now. I'll try pointing out some of the reasons in brief :-

1. TTA introduced 2 very strong accessories capable of making huge differences in the outcome of a battle. But sadly enough, they're accessible to Silver & above bracket only. Over time, moving from bronze to silver would be impossible. Of course, it already is very hard right now.
I understand those might have been made to counter Void Tower Bosses, but if that's the case, make their effects work only in Void Tower right?

2. Getting Speed artifact from Dragon is very rare. And it's even rarer to get a good one out of it. If I spend 5K-6K energy on Dragon, I get at max 1 artifact good enough to be used. Why? Because most of the drops (90-95%) are not speed artifacts & the ones I get have flat stats/ sub-stats. Plus we all know how artifact upgrading is. RNG is a cruel mistess.
Soultion? Well I won't say to stop selling Speed artifacts, but why not bring a 2x & 10x chance for artifacts as well? Just like you do for shards. So, like 2x chances for gear to be Epic/ Legendary & 10x chance for it to be Speed or Lifesteal. Would work much better that way imo.

3. Higher Classic Arena Tiers have their own perks with granting better stats & medals, because of which the Great Halls of such individuals are heavily developed as well. How about letting the Great Hall affect only PvE regions & not PvP ? A very violent suggestion but can definitely work out for balancing the Arena by a ton (& not messing up with other areas).

Give it a thought & discuss with teammates. Maybe this can help up all. For real.

Regards

Sep 4, 2020, 14:3209/04/20
01/24/20

The problem with the arena isn't that people are getting competitive. There's two things that are causing the problem.

1. You're selling speed gear every week

2. You've totally nerfed the drop rate for speed gear in the dragon

You're gonna say that doing 1000 runs is a very small sample size but what are the odds of doing 1000 runs and getting less than 50 speed artifacts while you get over 200 Daze sets?

All these arena issues started when you nerfed the drops from the dragon. Sell your speed gear but increase the drop rates from the dungeons. 
Sep 4, 2020, 14:5209/04/20
04/29/20

Ciero said:

Why aren't there just more tiers in the classic arena now?  Make platinum 4 tiers like the others and reduce requirements to get into some of the earlier gold/silver levels.  That lets the better teams move up, leaving gold accessible once again without having an end game team.

This is a great suggestion and would surely be easy to implement? 

Even if there was something above platinum for super end gamers which gave them kudos point attached to their profiles. Like a "highest points held" in a  platinum plus rank. 
Sep 4, 2020, 15:0109/04/20
08/07/20
Developers too busy to answer you. Just wait one week. =)))))))))
Sep 4, 2020, 15:0209/04/20
08/07/20
They need to do very hard ticket, we need to change from 14 to 12 day for inactive players in arena. Wait for 2 months.
Sep 4, 2020, 15:0909/04/20
05/03/20

matthiashallenmittede said:

Atm it is impossible (the arena patch brought no improvement to my account) for me to reach silver 1 in the arena, even if I renew the oponnent list every 15 minutes. I cannot understand what is so difficult to improve the matchmaking. How should I beat an opponent 10 levels above? How should I beat an opponent with 4 6-star legendarys including Rotos and Valkyre in Bronze 3? How should I beat an opponent who has double my strength in points? There are so many ways to improve the situation! The only thing I can hope for is that players put only one unit in their defence!

Unfortunately and to be honest, I dont believe that you will change anything in the near future.

Then lets have a look at the arbiter mission where I stuck to reach silver 1. All upcoming missions, e.g. get two Champions to rank 5 are so easy until I should get 50 silver medals ... and so on ...

Really really annoying that the community ask for this for months!!! If Hell Hades not had startet a FTP series and if Chosen didn't speak to some investors, this wont even be on your list!!!

As a free to play player....I disagree 100%....I dont have arena Legendary champs, I have 2 epic and 2 rare champs in my arena team and i find at least 1 team per refresh to that i can beat. The only thing they did so far, was reduce the time that it takes inactive account to not show up in matchmaking, which is a huge difference.

Team power and player power is a lie. Player power can be inflated just by having gear on all your champs, and team power can be inflated by certain stats being high, like res gives a much higher team power than other stats do.

Arena is completely different then the rest of the game, because defense teams always fight on auto while you can fight on manual. If you can't win it means you need a better team or need to change the artifacts you have on and rework your team. Speed is one of the biggest factors in arena, because if you can go first then you will usually win. Also your team need synergy, meaning every champ you use has to have a specific reason to be there, not just because they are your strongest champs. The biggest debuffs you want to use are weaken, defense down, stun or freeze, the biggest buffs you want are atk up, def up or block debuffs.

For the longest time i was stuck in bronze 4 and couldnt get past it to save my life, but then i reworked my team and bam, i made it into s1 and sometimes close to s2.

Also yes Valkery was correct, one of the major things people are ignoring is that, as people play for longer times, they will get stronger......because thats just what happens......so to say the game is broken because you are new and can't beat players that spent more time in the game is just silly.