All Categories

Captains, the reward system on Prizes has been updated!

Captains, the reward system on Prizes has been updated!

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Comments
Jun 25, 2016, 12:3806/25/16
03/27/14

Can we please keep this thread about the update, it's really moving off the topic and getting us no where

I do understand the concerns of the game here and do wish you to come in here and express your concerns that is why we have the forums 

as well as your questions .... 

This update has caused a huge stir in all the games, and yet just like the old update of the targets turning into treasures, many had threaten to quit and leave the game, but they to had stuck around learn to play adapt to the new setting plarium had given us 

Please just lets keep it about the topic, i do not want to have to close this because of drama....

Lady Blas
Jun 25, 2016, 12:4806/25/16
01/22/16

Blas - as a result of these comments - is this thread only seen by the players and the moderators?  Or rather my question is:  Has Plarium been advised of the discontent amongst its players due to this change in the prizes?  If so, thats what we want - even if they don't revert back.  But, if NOT - then, they should be.

As a former IT nerd - I KNOW changes can be put back in place.  We just want our voices heard with Plarium.

In addition - changes to systems are usually fought - especially by the users.  But this prize change has really impacted this game in a negative way - not 100% mind you, but it has been out there for 3 days now and I still do not see the payouts nor the BIG payouts that would have been banked and paid out to me.  I have to continue doing the prizes due to the events going on at this time.  So, I have no choice in the matter.

Still unhappy..
Jun 25, 2016, 12:5106/25/16
Aug 27, 2019, 12:04(edited)
12/13/14

Ok, you are right.

Back on topic, last big payout was around 11 million mixed O and D a few weeks ago, had 2 million plus left in haven at time of payout ( all resource units, no Breth or other)

plus built close to a million more.

All dead, no big payout, just the small junk ones.

Am not convinced the new system is working, l fully understand how the prize system worked, in fact was trained by one of the most knowlegable players to ever play the game ( Deathbringer )

Sorry, but the new system is terrible.
Jun 25, 2016, 13:1206/25/16
Jun 25, 2016, 13:17(edited)
03/27/14

Beafraid said:

Blas - as a result of these comments - is this thread only seen by the players and the moderators?  Or rather my question is:  Has Plarium been advised of the discontent amongst its players due to this change in the prizes?  If so, thats what we want - even if they don't revert back.  But, if NOT - then, they should be.

As a former IT nerd - I KNOW changes can be put back in place.  We just want our voices heard with Plarium.

In addition - changes to systems are usually fought - especially by the users.  But this prize change has really impacted this game in a negative way - not 100% mind you, but it has been out there for 3 days now and I still do not see the payouts nor the BIG payouts that would have been banked and paid out to me.  I have to continue doing the prizes due to the events going on at this time.  So, I have no choice in the matter.

Still unhappy..

Plarium sees everything we say on here, your opinions do matter, The community managers make sure of this

Believe me, they are aware of your thoughts on this mater 

Now for the payouts, the new update will not pay the same with already weakened prizes, now the banking is still there, waiting for the right attack if you are about to get paid, sometimes the prizes works in mysterious ways, and you have to over attack them to get your pay...

but make no mistake the banking is still there, they left that alone, ( so when i say they will not pay the same, i mean that the prize has been hit already and the recent update does not recognize it so you wont get a small reward ) 

BUT the prizes you haven't hit yet the system will recognize and you should get some kinda reward if you beat it....

AGAIN the banking hasn't been changed, it's still part of the prizes, 

now for the new update to pay small rewards every time, the new topic is

have the prizes been adjusted? more troops now to kill them???

I won't know this answer to give you untill Monday when our CM's come back

I will get this info and share it here... but my opinion is if we get a pay now even if we owe the banking, i assume they upped our prizes, means we owe more to the banking now, which is why many are having issues getting the prize ... ( this is just my thought not answered by a CM yet ) 

Jun 25, 2016, 13:2706/25/16
Jul 18, 2019, 12:05(edited)
01/03/15

i apologise to you Blasphemy... i am trying hard to keep to the topic but Fazi has made that very difficult.

now.... none of us liked the change with the targets and we did NOT stick around and adapt... we just do not play those anymore, as you can see yourself the treasure islands are always 90% plus unocupied as everyone knows  it's just a daft way to loose your troops.... it's a noobs game those treasure islands... so we all put up and shut up about it and left that part out of our gaming..ok, a few look for clueless players who do put troops on those 'treasure islands' to just smash them as soon as they land almost, but us long term players have dropped that side of the game like a red hot stone.

Now however that this HUGE change has occurred with the prizes ... we all feel it's plain overkill or why would we all be so passionate about what we are saying on this thread...

many people are telling me there unhappiness with this new prize system and lots feel like it is the last straw for them, myself included obviously.... those that feel this way are all good dedicated gamers who have spent lots of time and effort not to mention real life hard earned cash playing this game...  we all feel that we are not being listened to or considered.

i am once again in agreement with Beafraid... i also spend big ammounts of money on this game and i also will no longer spend any more real money on rubies... so many players will leave over this because you can't keep making detromental negative game changes all the time without it eventually changing the game so much that it pushes us long time loyal players away, this prizes change is that eventual push for many.... and once again we feel Plarium cares not about that even though those players have been long time loyal and dedicated pirates.....

i for one will no longer play prizes and after the disscusions here as i know i will never now get above the level130 that i was on unless i smash all the SOLs i last won on it only to recieve a pitance in payout that will never again be as great as the SOLs i now have..... if i hear differently from other players in a month or so.... if they stat recieving big payouts for there efforts then i will maybe change my mind, however nobody on the whole server has yet told me or put on here that they have won BIG.... so far its all to the contrary and all players have been 'winning' small only...

we just want you to put our plee's forward to your boisses Lady Blas and not just be made to feel like our opinions don't matter.

regards lady Blas

Bart
Jun 25, 2016, 13:4306/25/16
Jun 25, 2016, 13:55(edited)
10/20/15

my question is : are the small rewards are standard reward or depend on what you use to kill the prize like we used too...

for example if i kill a lv 50 using only murderers..am i gonna get low reward then if i used ships to kill the prize ?

Jun 25, 2016, 13:5506/25/16
01/03/15

ligolaspoland said:

my question is : are the small rewards are standard reward or depend on what you use to kill the prize like we used too...

for example if i kill a lv 50 using only murderers..am i gonna get low reward then if i used shipsto kill the prize ?

buddy it does not matter what you use... its the accunulated offence points of any units you use that matters, NOT using brethren, vetren and pardon'd troops on prizes ever is the only thing to tell you.

but back to what lady Blas was saying on ammounts needed... yes it is now taking more troops to clear a prize than what we have charts declaring. I am sure Beafraid will confirm that as she is the biggest player on the server for prizes (or was)

for instance a level 25 prize should take 36,000 points to clear and is now taking 45,000 to clear... yet another massive change... plarium has changed the prize system without first sorting charts on it for the players and without notifying us dedicated prize players that all our efforts to yellow bar as many prizes as possible would a futile endevour...yet another negative for this change.

Jun 25, 2016, 14:0706/25/16
03/27/14

BlackBart said:

ligolaspoland said:

for example if i kill a lv 50 using only murderers..am i gonna get low reward then if i used shipsto kill the prize ?

buddy it does not matter what you use... its the accunulated offence points of any units you use that matters, NOT using brethren, vetren and pardon'd troops on prizes ever is the only thing to tell you.

but back to what lady Blas was saying on ammounts needed... yes it is now taking more troops to clear a prize than what we have charts declaring. I am sure Beafraid will confirm that as she is the biggest player on the server for prizes (or was)

for instance a level 25 prize should take 36,000 points to clear and is now taking 45,000 to clear... yet another massive change... plarium has changed the prize system without first sorting charts on it for the players and without notifying us dedicated prize players that all our efforts to yellow bar as many prizes as possible would a futile endevour...yet another negative for this change.

The part of plarium not telling you they did it is the part they want you to figure it out on your own, they see it has a "new challenge"

when the players had worked to figure out how to work around something and the challenge comes easy, i think plarium thinks it's time to fix that, brings a new challenge for us...

as they did with the targets, we found a way to beat it take advantage of it, they changed that made it harder...

now they've done it to the prizes 

Jun 25, 2016, 14:4006/25/16
01/03/15

well just as long as everyone knows that you will need atleast 1/4 more troop size than what our charts say is needed to clear then, even more if it grows with level %.....which probably means the new system will want 1/4 more that what you've banked alrady with it to pay out to the level your at... so for a big player putting in already 5 millions will have to somehow raise another 1.25 millions at least before getting a decent payout, if such a thing still exists...

guys if you any of you are mugs enough to loose your boats trying this new prize system out then forget all the charts we have and send everything you have at each prize you try, ensuring it is at least 1/2 again as big or bigger than our old charts predict as only by completing a prize in one fell swoop will give you a pittance pay out...

this is obvo plarium's 'new challenge' ...to get us to use more for less gain and to have to give extra to get to the point we were allready at... its just another way to try and get players buying troops back with ruby's.
Jun 25, 2016, 14:5606/25/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:07(edited)
11/05/14

FaZi said:

2-- This system is really helpful for new players specially the one who do not understand banking and they go for prizes, when they get nothing they simply quit it. Now they will be getting units back with various %age and with that they will be determined to take on new ones and get a bigger payout

Not the case, im a new player, and in the space of three days the prize quests have basically seen every decent unit die and i now have a bunch of junks, turtle ships and bonnies...

Pretty much have no fleet or armada now, which wasnt an issue before the changes, i had figured out the system and was going along pretty solidly. 
Jun 25, 2016, 15:0906/25/16
03/27/14

DimGrepo said:

FaZi said:

2-- This system is really helpful for new players specially the one who do not understand banking and they go for prizes, when they get nothing they simply quit it. Now they will be getting units back with various %age and with that they will be determined to take on new ones and get a bigger payout

Not the case, im a new player, and in the space of three days the prize quests have basically seen every decent unit die and i now have a bunch of junks, turtle ships and bonnies...

Pretty much have no fleet or armada now, which wasnt an issue before the changes, i had figured out the system and was going along pretty solidly. 

why on the seven seas would you use armada troops to attack prizes?

most everyone knows never use your armada unless you have already weekin the prize and just killing it off

We learn as we go foreward, when you win armada troops save them, only kill troops you can make... 

Jun 25, 2016, 16:2306/25/16
Jun 25, 2016, 16:26(edited)
09/21/15

DimGrepo said:

FaZi said:

Just as blas mentioned, Never use armada in prizes (but only if you are 100% sure that you will get payout in next prize) simple law in this is lose the units that you can afford to build.

It has been working for many smaller players in my alliance. I recently noticed one thing that prizes less than 10 are giving only pirates units. 

I will ask my CM if this payout is distributed in categories in tiers as well. Hit 9 levels of lower level prizes & on 10th & 11th go for higher available. I hope you will get the bigger payout with better units.

Jun 25, 2016, 17:0706/25/16
01/03/15

don't listen to Fazi he has no clue what he is talking about.... and don't argue back at me Fazi, what level are you? what level of prizes are you at? far below me thats what.

yes it's right that you should be only using troops you can build, however when your putting millions into a prize level then.. then you should be using fleet on caravels and armada on black corsairs... the type of troop is of no matter.... if you clear a lev 20 with boats or infantry does not determine the prize, the only thing that counts in prizes is the ammount of points your troops come to when killing them into the bank.

gear troops count as nothing for the bank, do not use those, .... brethren troops and veteren troops count as only 1/2 there value in the bank..

so when doing prizes only ever use white sail troops, white sail means boats or infantry that are not brethren,veteren or pardon'd..

and because someone is a moderator does not mean that they understand the game better than us high level, experienced players.
Jun 25, 2016, 17:1606/25/16
03/27/14

FaZi said:

DimGrepo said:

FaZi said:

Just as blas mentioned, Never use armada in prizes (but only if you are 100% sure that you will get payout in next prize) simple law in this is lose the units that you can afford to build.

It has been working for many smaller players in my alliance. I recently noticed one thing that prizes less than 10 are giving only pirates units. 

I will ask my CM if this payout is distributed in categories in tiers as well. Hit 9 levels of lower level prizes & on 10th & 11th go for higher available. I hope you will get the bigger payout with better units.

they don't go in tiers, only NORDS goes in that direction, and ive gotten different type units in smaller prizes, so not sure i agree with that..

what i do find ammusing is that i was trained to complete treasure islands before taking on and finishing prizes

facebook players, don't use that method at all, and it has worked great in plarium... makes you go hmmmhmmm lol

Jun 25, 2016, 17:3706/25/16
Jun 25, 2016, 17:57(edited)
09/21/15

I do not want to argue with some kid who is here to trash talk at others when it comes back to himself he is going to cry out loud as babies.

Suggestion was particular to that player and with respect to his level so it stays that way. There are people who think strategies are same for everyone, i can't comment on those. Because they do not want to listen they want to spread garbage along with their similar personality so i don't even give a ....

In addition to that what i know about game & what level i am etc. There is nothing that you have to do with that so keep yourself away from that. You are simply no one, and not even deserve a tiny bit of my attention. & when you want to learn something you can always consult my replies in multiple threads & i am sure they will help you to control over your whining and try things and might work for you.

Though i am sure prizes are personality detectors as well and they don't want to consider certain types 

& before dragging this trash talk further, remember one thing you are treated the same way you treat others.

You are no one to whom i need to explain this. And i don't even want to waste my important time on such whiners.

& one advice for a whiner lurking around here.

Do not use DC in prizes, use them on adventures. Yes it will take time but at least you don't lose troops in there. DC will cost nothing and you will get your adventure killed. Maybe some people do not know that troops killed in adventures are not counted towards the bank. So the best way is to kill them with troops which have no resource value. 

Gear troops have no value but indirectly they come from resourcesm they take time such as collecting gears etc. so i use them in my PVP fights not in prizes or in adventures

If a player level is high enough he can always kill armada in prizes but there are some who avoid that. 

I will make it two for particular trash talkers

Pardoned units are counted as 1/2 as well.

Jun 25, 2016, 17:4006/25/16
09/21/15

Blasphemy said:

they don't go in tiers, only NORDS goes in that direction, and ive gotten different type units in smaller prizes, so not sure i agree with that..

what i do find ammusing is that i was trained to complete treasure islands before taking on and finishing prizes

facebook players, don't use that method at all, and it has worked great in plarium... makes you go hmmmhmmm lol

Blas what i meant here, maybe unit type is distributed in prize levels. Not the actual tier thing that is in nords

Just to be more clearer

let say pirate units in level 0-20 prize etc.

Unfortunately i don't have any prize less than 26 to test this. my lowest are starting from mid 20's. It was just the reports that i get from my members.

Will look into this further. We can't say anything for sure since this is new system and old strategies are not working. or atleast they have a rare chance.
Jun 25, 2016, 18:0906/25/16
01/03/15

Fazi.. you are the only one in here who is talking with a mouth like trash... i simply said when it comes to prizes you don't knoiw what your on about.

and you don't.

and yet you once again youv'e turned it into your personal slanging match and again started slanging stuff at me, calling me a child when i am father of 3 grown up children myself, they would not talk to anyone the way you talk to players on here..

saying my personality is garbage.... how dare you.... a representative of Plarium talk to players in such a manner...

i hope your CM reads your posts and sacks you as a moderator as you do not deserve to have that position and talk the way you do to us players.

i don't think i could ever learn anything from any of your posts Fazi other than that you are abusive and abrupt.

and your comment about prizes being a personality detector.... are you saying that players like Beafraid who play this game mostly to do prizes are somewhat seen as lowly by your standards?... i honestly hope your CM boots you after reading these.

and as for calling me a whiner.. i have not whined once, your so rude Fazi it's untrue
Jun 25, 2016, 18:1106/25/16
03/27/14

FaZi said:

Blasphemy said:

Blas what i meant here, maybe unit type is distributed in prize levels. Not the actual tier thing that is in nords

Just to be more clearer

let say pirate units in level 0-20 prize etc.

Unfortunately i don't have any prize less than 26 to test this. my lowest are starting from mid 20's. It was just the reports that i get from my members.

Will look into this further. We can't say anything for sure since this is new system and old strategies are not working. or atleast they have a rare chance.

im curios in how you think pardoned troops in prizes are only half value in resources? 

Jun 25, 2016, 18:1906/25/16
01/22/16

I do have a question and since this is the only thread I've gotten involved in - I don't know the answer nor is it apparent how to do this.  I would like to send a note to the administrator.  Blasphemy - can you help me here please?  It's not about the prizes though.  Just a note that need to be addressed rather promptly too.

Thanks

Beafraid
Jun 25, 2016, 18:2506/25/16
01/03/15
well Blasphemy ....from trying them out... they become the same as veteren troops in value.. you can pardon veteren troops as well as white sails so i have found that the game reacts in prizes to pardoned boats in the same way as it does with veteren troops and brethren troops may even work out as less than 1/2 points on prizes even though they are the biggest hitters when smashing opposition players.