adobe flash

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Comments
CrowbarModerator
Dec 16, 2020, 16:3712/16/20
03/07/16
Chaman

No, I didn't try to change any thing.  Another weird aspect be, I can't log in using any other browser but chrome. As I wrote above, PP tells me I have an invalid email addy but not invalid if I use chrome but yes invalid on other browsers.

Sorry for the delay.

We don't have an idea what is going on here, so the best thing to do is for you to contact the support

Dec 20, 2020, 09:4512/20/20
08/31/20

so, no easy way to play the game on browser after 1-1-2021 ?

CrowbarModerator
Dec 20, 2020, 12:4512/20/20
03/07/16
louloux74

so, no easy way to play the game on browser after 1-1-2021 ?

Arguably, it's not easy now, with Plarium's hyper-intrusive "download out wonderful app" popups.

Like I said many times: the browsers should keep working until updated, so you can turn off auto-updates. However, if using that specific browser (not just the profile, but the brwoser itself) for anything other than some games, you don't want it without updates for too long. I'd say 3 months tops. Hopefully, that's enough time for Plarium to roll out their browser support (in preparation, but not yet ready).

Dec 22, 2020, 08:0512/22/20
04/13/15

Plarium has known that flash was going to end Jan. 2021, they have had a couple of years to get all the kinks fixed or a new format to change the game to, so why are they just now panicking not knowing if html5 was going to work or not? This could have been fixed long ago instead of waiting until the last minute. I am using plarium play, I don't like it but don't have much choice if I want to continue the game. I just do not understand why in the last couple of years have they not already  had another solution besides the plarium play app? In 2 years surely another way to play in a browser could have been figured out by now, instead of using the app that has so many bugs in it. That's the main reason I don't like the app is because of all the bugs, but have no other choice since no one has found a way to play in the browsers.  These things should have been addressed 2 years ago, or started working on a solution 2 years ago. Don't wait until the last minute to try to use the browsers, but I guess they figured everyone would just jump to plarium play. That's why so many are quiting the game because of all the bugs in the app. But since I want to play the game, I will have to use the app and put up with the bugs.  

CrowbarModerator
Dec 22, 2020, 16:3612/22/20
03/07/16

I don't know much, but I do know that they were trying various solutions that they said didn't work for them. HTML5 was ditched early on (I don't know why; it would've been my choice) and I haven't heard them mention it again until maybe 2 months ago.

My guess is that they decided that the app would be The Solution here, and that they expected a much smoother transition than it really is. So, they put all the eggs in that basket.

Bad call, obviously.

Disclaimer: This is all me guessing, almost entirely as a regular forum user. Apart from my first sentence (which doesn't really say much because I don't know much), any non-moderator player could have done the same speculation. Of course, don't expect an official explanation from Plarium. This is their internal decision making process, which companies do not devulge to their customers.

CrowbarModerator
Jan 6, 2021, 10:2001/06/21
03/07/16

I was recently made aware that Flash itself has a kill switch and will die on the 12th January. That means that even "do not update your browser" approach won't work. If you haven't worked out your own solution (like my attempt for Linux), I strongly suggest you get the app working.

Jan 6, 2021, 21:0901/06/21
09/22/16
Crowbar

I was recently made aware that Flash itself has a kill switch and will die on the 12th January. That means that even "do not update your browser" approach won't work. If you haven't worked out your own solution (like my attempt for Linux), I strongly suggest you get the app working.

I'm trying ... it ain't easy 😠 ... I've got as far as install and launch.. but it crashes on launch.

I still have a few ideas to try and we do still have a few days left... but don't hold your breath.. blue is sooo 2020 😋

CrowbarModerator
Jan 6, 2021, 22:0301/06/21
03/07/16

I'm sticking with my solution until 12th proves me wrong. 😁

"Blue" is water. I was hoping for a transparent feel on the map, but it didn't really work. However, I'm too lazy to edit my avatar again.

Jan 13, 2021, 05:2301/13/21
10/30/17

Flash is still wotking on old not updated version of some browsers, problem, Plarium dont let other choice than download their background always active even if disabled in starting services "plariumplay"... too many crap in, sadly

CrowbarModerator
Jan 13, 2021, 10:0901/13/21
03/07/16

@uburoi, yes, that page appearing was very disappointing. Plarium is still deliberating whether to return browser access or not, so that's not a completely done deal. I can't say more because I don't know more. I'll share as soon as I can.