All Categories

adobe flash

adobe flash

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Nov 12, 2020, 22:4711/12/20
02/20/17

adobe flash

Is this game going to end with the end of flash player support in chrome and windows?

Views
Comments
Comments
CrowbarModerator
Nov 12, 2020, 23:5111/12/20
03/07/16

No.

You'll be able to use Plarium Play or a browser that is not being updated.

Nov 13, 2020, 22:4911/13/20
02/20/17

Thanks

Nov 23, 2020, 16:3711/23/20
11/04/15

Other plarium games have announced that they will be converted to htlm5 or similar before flash dies - I would have expected an announcement on this forum too

maybe they forgot about you guys

Nov 23, 2020, 19:3411/23/20
02/20/17

Guess I should redownload Plarium Play since halting updates on browsers isn't something I want to do.

Any chance we could get one last "try our program" lure before madatory evacuation?  I expect we will lose a lot of players if we don't lure them into trying it again.  I'm presonally going to try to keep going but I know some people said they couldn't get the program to work on the intial release and likely haven't tried it again.

CrowbarModerator
Nov 24, 2020, 18:0211/24/20
Nov 27, 2020, 00:07(edited)
03/07/16

I understand the worry. As I told Plarium: even if the app was perfect and not glitching for so many people, the app-only solution would mean slow death of the games because most potential new players wouldn't be willing to download and install something like that just to try a game. There are plenty of web-based strategies out there that do not require that.

Judging by the announcement on the game's Facebook page, Plarium is cooking two solutions, with one of them being HTML5. Admittedly, they are cutting it a bit short, but it is unfair to say that we are "forgotten".

My suggestions would be:

1. Stop or reduce buying rubies for now, if you're worried about the game suddenly dying. Once a solution is presented and you're happy with it, you can resume buying. IMO, this isn't necessary, except for your peace of mind. I could be wrong, of course.

2. Come 31st December, if we don't have the solution, turn off your Chrome's auto-updates. It is unlikely to cause any issues for a month or two. Do remember to turn it back on when we get the solution or, at the latest, by the end of March (3 months of not updating your browser is a bit pushing it).

Nov 30, 2020, 03:1911/30/20
Nov 30, 2020, 03:20(edited)
02/20/17

I would certainly hope that HTML5 works out as Ive already tried the approach of an older version of a browser with flash simply is not an option. I also don't believe that the desktop app will be able to hold up long term as it is built on deprecating technologies. Many players I know are already having far to many problems with its functionality and continue returning to a web browser. Also lets not forget that Mac and Linux users do not seem to have many options, it would be a shame to finally have to end a game that so many people have come to relay upon for entertainment and the many friendships that have come about from the game.

CrowbarModerator
Nov 30, 2020, 13:4811/30/20
Nov 30, 2020, 13:49(edited)
03/07/16

I just asked. Currently, there is no new info on this.

Btw, there is an app for Mac. I don't know how well it works there, but it exists. Only Linux is left hanging, with the only known solution being this one created by me  (that you saw, but I' m leaving the link for anyone else reading this).

Dec 7, 2020, 21:3912/07/20
04/13/15

I wouldn't mind using Plarium Play but there are so many things wrong with it, you can't refresh the game like you can with being in the browser play, you have to close it out, and bring it back up and it just takes so long, none of the tabs at the top of the game with the links are in the plarium play app, and I have no idea where they all are, the accepting of friends tab which is at the top of the browser isn't in the app. This is just a few of the things that I have brought up that have never got an answer to. It's such a pain to use.

Dec 7, 2020, 23:5812/07/20
02/04/19

I tried dozens of times to get the plarium player to work and it won't launch so I'm about to go bye bye. I want a easy acess game that isn't so frustratiing to fix. I just bought rubies but it just isn't worth the annoyance to switch or to jump through the contact help hoops so I'll likely just cut all ties with company and find something easier to acress. It is a pandemic time passer but who needs the constant hassle. I tried six times to uninstall, reintall, reset just tonight and it is frustrating and not fun to constantly fail. 

Dec 9, 2020, 05:1912/09/20
08/20/16

I'm running Version 6.3.0 - 0.0.3 (released in November) without too many problems on an old Windows 7 desktop PC. I tried an early release and gave it up due to too many bugs, but the latest Windows versions seem ok.  To those Windows users who haven't tried the app in the last 2-3 months, I'd suggest trying the current version again.  

To those determined to keep using a browser, I would suggest downloading an install copy of Firefox (Google Chrome  is too auto-update-happy) and a late copy of Adobe Flash Player Installer (and rename the file and make a few copies as the installer tends to self-delete).  

Plarium doesn't have the revenues from initial game sales or subscription fees (I dropped Quake when they abandoned advertising independent servers that I had bought their games for, in favor of promoting their own glitchy, pay-to-remove-advertising-server). I've read that Windows commands about 90% of the computer market, Apple around 7 to 8% and the rest share the remaining few percent (plus or minus a percentage point or two - estimates vary).  That's not much incentive to concentrate on more than a Windows app if resources are limited.

Over the last couple of years it seems the major browsers have changed versions more frequently than I change my underwear.  Small businesses have to keep copies of several brands just to have one that works with their different vendors. I'm not a programmer, so I can only imagine the difficulties of working with HTML5 This little excerpt from Wikipedia  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5 is not reassuring:

"While some features of HTML5 are often compared to Adobe Flash, the two technologies are very different. Both include features for playing audio and video within web pages, and for using Scalable Vector Graphics. However, HTML5 on its own cannot be used for animation or interactivity – it must be supplemented with CSS3 or JavaScript. There are many Flash capabilities that have no direct counterpart in HTML5."  

I just hope the desktop version keeps going because I'm not getting  tablet (aka the worst features of a phone made too big to carry in a shirt pocket) or use a phone/tablet OS for games other than Solitare and Majongg.

Snidely Whiplash

CrowbarModerator
Dec 9, 2020, 10:5812/09/20
03/07/16

By "HTML5" it is usually meant "in combination with JS and CSS". 😉 I don't think you can find many remotely useful websites these days that do not use all three of these together.

The game should keep working in browsers if you can get them to keep Flash (it was promised by Plarium). That's what my Linux solution  is based on. For Win, the solution could be in stand-alone browsers (possibly from Portable Apps), but I obviously can't test that, being a Linux user myself. Mac should be able to do what I did for Linux, and I don't know if they have standalone browsers like Win.

Dec 9, 2020, 13:0612/09/20
12/09/20

I just wan't to play pirates   

Dec 11, 2020, 15:1712/11/20
04/08/20

This file is designed for computers running Windows hardware. It's not compatible with your device (running Chrome OS). Search for a suitable replacement app in the Chrome Web Store. Will not work on my chromebook. Must then demand money back

CrowbarModerator
Dec 11, 2020, 19:2012/11/20
03/07/16

You can try requesting that here, but I don't think that Plarium will comply. This is from their ToS (l ink in the bottom left corner of this page):

ALL VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND VIRTUAL GOODS ARE DEEMED TO BE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE, unless stated otherwise at our discretion.
[...]
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN BY PLARIUM. The Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods have no real currency value, CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR REAL MONEY, AND CAN ONLY BE USED WITHIN THE GAMES OFFERED BY PLARIUM.

It would probably be better to try to find a Flash browser. Dolphin looks promising, but I never tried it myself.

Dec 12, 2020, 05:4512/12/20
02/20/17

There is a way to save our friends   There is a site that is taking an Old Chrome Update with Flash.  They have been  updating it and want to maintain it. It is a free Download.  Select the Language and download it. 

Their goal is to help   MAC, LINUX and Window Users stay in their Games. 

https://www.slimjet.com/chrome/google-chrome-old-version.php

CrowbarModerator
Dec 12, 2020, 12:5712/12/20
03/07/16

Thank you, Poca. We have that link here. I cannot find anywhere if Slimjet supports flash and will it do so after 31st Dec.

As for their archive of old Chromes, the problem with the old browser versions is that they don't get new security upgrades (as it states on the link you provided). This is fine if you use Chrome only to play this game (or several games), but not if you also use it for general browsing.

Normally, you can have two version of Chrome, but not run them at the same time. My Linux solution works around that problem, but it's not applicable to Win (might be to Mac, but I don't know if it is).

Dec 13, 2020, 12:1912/13/20
04/13/19

How cute. PP alerts me that my mail is invalid - as I sit in my mail account at mail.com

CrowbarModerator
Dec 13, 2020, 18:5512/13/20
03/07/16
Chaman

How cute. PP alerts me that my mail is invalid - as I sit in my mail account at mail.com

I have several players claiming the same. Their current email address is invalid and theya are trying to switch to a new one. Is this the case with you as well?

Dec 13, 2020, 19:1512/13/20
Dec 13, 2020, 19:17(edited)
12/13/14

I don't think it is necessary to validate your e-mail - just ignore it, there are much more important things to worry about  lol

I thought plarium were using my.mail.ru russian website, which breaks the padlock on my browser

Dec 14, 2020, 13:4612/14/20
04/13/19
Crowbar

I have several players claiming the same. Their current email address is invalid and theya are trying to switch to a new one. Is this the case with you as well?

No, I didn't try to change any thing.  Another weird aspect be, I can't log in using any other browser but chrome. As I wrote above, PP tells me I have an invalid email addy but not invalid if I use chrome but yes invalid on other browsers.