All Categories

Flash - End-of-Life December 2020

Search
How to join our moderation team?
Aug 11, 2019, 19:4008/11/19

Adobe announced end of flash by December 2020. I remember when Plarium migrated from Google+ to Facebook. No accounts were moved, everyone needed to start over from the level 1. I anticipate the same will happen when Flash goes End-of-Life at the end of 2020.

1) No Flash & Start over. I'll leave the game permanently.

2) If they migrate Flash to HTML5 and migrate our accounts, I'll happily keep playing.

Since Plarium isn't making an official statement, I assume they are fearful to tell customers who continue to pay them, so Plarium will take the money and run, and leave us with nothing to do but build over from level 1.

Views
Comments
Comments
CrowbarModerator
Aug 11, 2019, 22:4408/11/19
03/07/16

Option 1 will simply not happen, because there is an official app, and that one will work after Flash dies. Also, this change is not affecting the server, like Yahoo and Kabam deaths did (and Google+, which I was unaware of until now).

Now, I understand that many do not use the app. As a matter of fact, I myself am one of those players, because there is no Plarium app for Linux and I refuse to bother with Win for one silly game. For that reason, I am already trying to get some answers from them. As soon as I do, I will share them, as I always do.

Aug 11, 2019, 23:0108/11/19
06/03/14

I'll pile on with Crowbar (howdy dude).  I'm not using the App because I can't install it, yet I'm on Windows.

I enjoy the community I'm in, but I'll go away if I can't access the game.
Aug 12, 2019, 00:1108/12/19

Crowbar said:

Option 1 will simply not happen, because there is an official app, and that one will work after Flash dies. Also, this change is not affecting the server, like Yahoo and Kabam deaths did (and Google+, which I was unaware of until now).

Now, I understand that many do not use the app. As a matter of fact, I myself am one of those players, because there is no Plarium app for Linux and I refuse to bother with Win for one silly game. For that reason, I am already trying to get some answers from them. As soon as I do, I will share them, as I always do.

The Facebook Gameroom is the app I think you're referring to. The Gameroom app states its dependency on Flash as well. 

By installing, you agree to our Terms and Privacy Policy. Installing Gameroom might also install Adobe Flash Player, which powers many of the games. We will update Gameroom and Adobe Flash Player automatically. You can uninstall Gameroom and Flash Player at any time. Learn more.

Is the gameroom app the onramp to the HTML5 highway or is it still too Flash heavy? Based on how Plarium responds to the voice of the customer. My money is 100% Flash based and just a nice Facebook Portal dedicated to harvesting your gaming/friends data.  They will bet that people will start over from level 1. Historically, they have done just that.

CrowbarModerator
Aug 12, 2019, 13:2708/12/19
03/07/16

dan said:

The Facebook Gameroom is the app I think you're referring to. The Gameroom app states its dependency on Flash as well.

No, I'm referring to Plarium Play.

As for FB Gameroom, I know that Plarium still hasn't resolved it with FB, which is why there are no official news about it.

dan said:

Is the gameroom app the onramp to the HTML5 highway or is it still too Flash heavy? Based on how Plarium responds to the voice of the customer. My money is 100% Flash based and just a nice Facebook Portal dedicated to harvesting your gaming/friends data.

Sorry, I've never had a FB acc, so I don't know anything about that one, except what Plarium tells me.

dan said:

They will bet that people will start over from level 1. Historically, they have done just that.

As I said above, that would make no sense. Our havens data is on the servers, which are unaffected by the client's technology imminent death. The previous moves were from other servers (Yahoo's, Kabam's,...) and that's why havens data was an issue.

Btw, the last such transition preserved our havens successfully (these are s2 and s3 on the portal, and I'm one of the immigrants that came here from Kabam, so I know it worked).

No, the only question here is what kind of client will replace the one running on Flash in our browsers now. I would vote HTML5, but it's not like my vote counts for anything.