All Categories

No point in playing more than two battles a day

No point in playing more than two battles a day

Search
Comments
Feb 11, 2024, 01:5402/11/24
12/24/23
Peulut

Skill does matter as you can see this video from Scape211: https://youtu.be/Id7He112tU8?si=fQYbGVmhFHkIIXY3 first match he played. Scape211 and his teammate (which he calls "buddy" for some reason so i'm going to call him "buddy")  play a CPC match against 2 players. Scape211 is 4k SP and "buddy" has 5k SP, the opponents had 6k SP and 7k SP. Yet Scape211 and "buddy" still won by a large mile, simply because they were way better than their opponents to the point that the power-advantage the opponents had didn't even work. If the opponents had the same SP as Scape211 and "buddy" then Scape211 and "buddy" would have vaporized them.

Does the matchmaking have problems? Yes.

But i understand the reason why they do skill-based-matchmaking and not hangar-based-matchmaking.

By the way, the matchmaking doesnt just only look at your win-rate, there are other factors like win-streak, we just dont know all of them. Probably because if we would know all factors we could fine more ways to exploit matchmaking.

Now about the bots, that they have stronger mechs and weapons (or atleast more in a hangar) than the players is kinda stupid. Cryo Launchers are assist weapons but the Cryos of bots hit way too hard. Tho we still wipe the floor with bots even tho they have stronger mechs and weapons. The biggest problem are the bots in FFA because they keep targeting the player snd double-team the player.

So, what you're saying is my SP of 1.2K can beat a 2.7K "player based" squad and bots just by skills?

Highlighting "player based" since I doubt that we really get to play with actual people in real time. 

Feb 11, 2024, 04:5202/11/24
08/08/20
Arcjuan

So, what you're saying is my SP of 1.2K can beat a 2.7K "player based" squad and bots just by skills?

Highlighting "player based" since I doubt that we really get to play with actual people in real time. 

Actually, yes...a 1.2k hangar can beat a 2.7k hangar if a skilled player versus someone that relies purely on overpowering the opponent (and actually, for this game, that's a pretty fair match - no joke). After a long enough win streak, my 2.8k hangar might see up to 9k hangars, although I seem to average opponents at about 4k. I certainly don't beat them all (and in the game concept, I'm not supposed to), but there are times I best the big boys. It typically takes reaching the best field position, using your surroundings and team (as best you can in that case, haha), and remembering Leeeroy Jeeenkins only works in memes.

Definitely like 90% npc fights, though. I'll give you that. Haha

Feb 11, 2024, 17:5502/11/24
04/01/23
Free Player

Actually, yes...a 1.2k hangar can beat a 2.7k hangar if a skilled player versus someone that relies purely on overpowering the opponent (and actually, for this game, that's a pretty fair match - no joke). After a long enough win streak, my 2.8k hangar might see up to 9k hangars, although I seem to average opponents at about 4k. I certainly don't beat them all (and in the game concept, I'm not supposed to), but there are times I best the big boys. It typically takes reaching the best field position, using your surroundings and team (as best you can in that case, haha), and remembering Leeeroy Jeeenkins only works in memes.

You are correct. What also helps is a Aegis with Discs 8, i greatly advice to get that. I also got the EM Rifle (it was a good choice to get that, a expensive one, but a good one). Right now my EM 8 is on Orion. With Hunters Mark it's possible to even one-shot a maxed endgame Surge.

Also Free Player, are you the same Free Player that appears in Chat Room 420?

Feb 11, 2024, 22:2502/11/24
05/21/23
CrystalDrew

I'm talking about myself. What's fun for me doesn't have to be fun for anyone else

Well, it looks like it is fun only for you. You have to be so distant from other players and living in another world when you have no idea how frustating is this "game" for everybody! You should talk with other players instead of justify the unjustifiable.

5 surges or 5 hemlocks at the same time in torneo, all of them maxed but for you it is fair play, true?

Feb 11, 2024, 22:5902/11/24
08/08/20
Peulut

You are correct. What also helps is a Aegis with Discs 8, i greatly advice to get that. I also got the EM Rifle (it was a good choice to get that, a expensive one, but a good one). Right now my EM 8 is on Orion. With Hunters Mark it's possible to even one-shot a maxed endgame Surge.

Also Free Player, are you the same Free Player that appears in Chat Room 420?

Correct! I am the same "Free Player". #TeamPPP

Feb 14, 2024, 07:3402/14/24
12/24/23
Free Player

So, my 3 star Nomad + Ember 12 with just a rare pilot and rare implants can stay competitive against a 4 star Eclipse with a 5  star Arc 10 and maxed out epic pilot and implants, right? And were you also not counting the other player was not skilled? Right, I thought as much. Bottom line is, what's the point of putting all those "power" scores on each element (mech+weapon+pilot) when it's just disregarded. 

Feb 14, 2024, 08:3702/14/24
04/01/23

Get Aegis and put Discs 8 on him. If you cant get Aegis, get Guardian.

Feb 24, 2024, 05:0002/24/24
12/24/23

And your point being? 

Seriously? You think an Aegis and DLs of low rate SP can compete against  a squad 2-3 times higher? Really, that's the best solution you have? Sheesh 🙄 

Please, try not to make a suggestion if it's not really going to be of any help to what's actually happening on the ground.  

Feb 24, 2024, 12:4302/24/24
08/08/20
Arcjuan

So, my 3 star Nomad + Ember 12 with just a rare pilot and rare implants can stay competitive against a 4 star Eclipse with a 5  star Arc 10 and maxed out epic pilot and implants, right? And were you also not counting the other player was not skilled? Right, I thought as much. Bottom line is, what's the point of putting all those "power" scores on each element (mech+weapon+pilot) when it's just disregarded. 

I don't know what you can do, but I use 3 light mechs, and yes, I take nomads and eclipses and all others. My mechs and weapons aren't even 6 stars (though, I do have purple pilots), haha. Honestly, it sounds like you feel psyched out when you see "big boys", which is understandable. Become familiar with what you can do and can't do, and what your opponent can do and can't do. Use what you can do to exploit what they can't do, and avoid letting what they can do that you can't do.

One thing I will say also, play with mechs and weapons you are good with, not what Plarium wants you to buy. That's where most players fail their hangars.

Feb 26, 2024, 07:1402/26/24
12/24/23
Free Player

I don't know what you can do, but I use 3 light mechs, and yes, I take nomads and eclipses and all others. My mechs and weapons aren't even 6 stars (though, I do have purple pilots), haha. Honestly, it sounds like you feel psyched out when you see "big boys", which is understandable. Become familiar with what you can do and can't do, and what your opponent can do and can't do. Use what you can do to exploit what they can't do, and avoid letting what they can do that you can't do.

One thing I will say also, play with mechs and weapons you are good with, not what Plarium wants you to buy. That's where most players fail their hangars.

Nope, I don't get "psyched out" by a good player - for as long as the hangars are evenly competitive. But I can hardly say a 1.3K SP can keep up with a 3.5K SP. And that's excluding the bots of almost the same SP. 

Also, I think you'd agree with me saying some matches ( if not most) as are actually predetermine - meaning the opposing player based team gets an advantage on speed, accuracy, power and timing. It would be stupid not to notice that.

Feb 26, 2024, 08:1302/26/24
08/08/20
Arcjuan

Nope, I don't get "psyched out" by a good player - for as long as the hangars are evenly competitive. But I can hardly say a 1.3K SP can keep up with a 3.5K SP. And that's excluding the bots of almost the same SP. 

Also, I think you'd agree with me saying some matches ( if not most) as are actually predetermine - meaning the opposing player based team gets an advantage on speed, accuracy, power and timing. It would be stupid not to notice that.

Oh, without a doubt the matches are predetermined (or as much as they can try to). That's mostly for the p2w crowd, though...as in, they know the equation that's at play here.

"P2w" pays to win, but paying doesn't guarantee that player is good enough to win (even overpowered). The rub is, if p2w doesn't win, they quit (loss of paying customer), demand a refund (loss of profits earned), and then bad mouth the game on YouTube (bad press). So, Plarium tilts the game in their favor - it keeps them in the game and spending. This is what mobile gaming has been for awhile.

However, that doesn't mean you can't beat this system as a free player. However, it requires skills (not just the garden variety kind) and patience (almost too much - haha). My 2.9k sp can and does beat players using 5k hangars pretty regularly, and sometimes higher (depending on my winstreak). Of course, I can tell pretty quick when the game is deciding I need a loss; playing 1 versus 5 after 1 minute of gameplay is a pretty obvious slant.

Mar 14, 2024, 22:1403/14/24
12/30/23

The only reason I can see to play more than 2 battles is if there are event for keys on, as there's like a 0.00068237% that you get acoins from the fortune vaults