All Categories

The EM Rifles are still strong

The EM Rifles are still strong

Search
Comments
May 25, 2023, 16:0305/25/23
12/08/22

SKILL ??, does it seem like a game where some rocket mortar skill prevails,, disck launcher, javelin, point and shoot, the target can escape, it will be hit anyway..., you call it skill?? , it is evident that you know nothing about the game, perhaps you are a developer who comments in secret.

May 25, 2023, 20:5705/25/23
11/17/22

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 

The Consumer Rights Act sets out your rights when you buy products, services and digital content

As with the Sale of Goods Act, under the Consumer Rights Act all products must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described.  

The rules also include digital content in this definition. So all products - whether physical or digital - must meet the following standards: 

• Fit for purpose: The goods should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for, as well as any specific purpose you made known to the retailer before you agreed to buy the goods. 
  • As described: The goods supplied must match any description given to you, or any models or samples shown to you at the time of purchase.
  • Satisfactory quality: Goods shouldn't be faulty or damaged when you receive them. You should ask what a reasonable person would consider satisfactory for the goods in question. For example, bargain-bucket products won’t be held to as high standards as luxury goods 

Since my em-rifle is no longer as described under the consumer rights act 2015 i have a claim.

May 25, 2023, 23:1605/25/23
08/04/22

Hopefully people have now learnt not to buy new weapons in the most severe way. It will hurt their income as people won't invest as much though fear of the nerf. 

May 26, 2023, 04:3105/26/23
09/26/22
CrystalDrew

You got it right! The Update was made to make the Weapon more balanced compared to other Weapons in the game, but we intentionally kept it one of the top ones.

That's a complete lie. This was all a money making ploy. You don't care about balance or you would have nerfed rocket mortars before when it was a legitimate issue that threw off the balance for a long, long time (longer than EM ever did). You didn't because it was your intention to drive people to spend money on something to try and counter them. 

If you actually cared about balance, you would fix the matchmaking for starters, which would have alleviated the need for your so called EM 'balance'. You won't do that either because once again, your intention is to try and drive people to spend more.

Any changes made are done to drive up revenue, nothing more, nothing less. Absolutely nothing to do with balance and fair gameplay. It's quite sickening that you continue treating your player base like gullible idiots 🤦‍♂️like every other game that's done this, the end is inevitable, sooner than later at this rate...

May 27, 2023, 16:5805/27/23
10/19/20
Besticio

then you ignore the complete immobility of those who hide at the bottom of the map with rockety mortars and kill anyone, dealing damage even when you are in cover ??. ignore those hiding in inaccessible locations with killshots and javeli racks, or helix racks?? . ignore, who paralyzes you with surge and crushes you in 1 second with arc torrent ????. you forget that to use EM -RIFLE you have to expose yourself and the shots don't always hit even with the autormire..... and you forget that those who use the disk launcher also kill behind walls ???... here we are not he complains about the reduction of power, but rather about the umpteenth palrium scam that makes you spend and ru spend because you believe ,, and then suddenly money thrown away for pilot and weapon ?? you need to be more realistic man. and open your eyes, I've been playing Plarium for 8 years, but never as in this last year in games has he shamelessly used this weakening mechanism.. he sells you and makes you spend on something, which sooner or later they already know they'll make useless or worse..... then let's leave the robotos 100% effective, long range hidden javelin rack, rocket mortar at the bottom of the map behind the wall, and melee weapon like arc torrent grappling targets from mid-map and hitting 2 players as well together. so let's leave all that, but let's worry about EM rifle and how to make it intile. , It's a support weapon and now it's worth half .. it shows that you don't use it ,

I can't complain about spending money on em16 or my em 10 & 6 I won all of them. My complaint is I suffer (maybe "have" is better here I don't really suffer) from tremors and the auto assist was a huge help because when I'm shaking and try to fire a precision weapon I inevitably  jerk to the left or right. So it's not all about skill.

Also let's not forget about it being a legendary weapon what's so legendary about it now? What separates it from a long arm? It deals more damage, big deal. At least with two longarm 12's you can take multiple shots and kill things reeeeeaaaal quick. 

There needs to be a give because I'm tired of the 

May 27, 2023, 17:2405/27/23
10/19/20
CrystalDrew

You got it right! The Update was made to make the Weapon more balanced compared to other Weapons in the game, but we intentionally kept it one of the top ones.

Perhaps you should give a detailed explanation of what makes this so top now. 

What makes this weapon legendary now.

I understand you can't naysay your employers but there is nothing special about this "LEGENDARY" weapon anymore.

That it deals a lot of damage, sure, until you're up close to a target. Then it is 

Jun 1, 2023, 07:4906/01/23
04/16/23

I don't agree.EM rimless damage wasn't the point.It was the AIM ASSIT that was good.Although EM rifle"s damage is high,true,but the aim assit is more important..

Jun 1, 2023, 14:4806/01/23
Jun 1, 2023, 14:49(edited)
09/17/21
Besticio

then you ignore the complete immobility of those who hide at the bottom of the map with rockety mortars and kill anyone, dealing damage even when you are in cover ??. ignore those hiding in inaccessible locations with killshots and javeli racks, or helix racks?? . ignore, who paralyzes you with surge and crushes you in 1 second with arc torrent ????. you forget that to use EM -RIFLE you have to expose yourself and the shots don't always hit even with the autormire..... and you forget that those who use the disk launcher also kill behind walls ???... here we are not he complains about the reduction of power, but rather about the umpteenth palrium scam that makes you spend and ru spend because you believe ,, and then suddenly money thrown away for pilot and weapon ?? you need to be more realistic man. and open your eyes, I've been playing Plarium for 8 years, but never as in this last year in games has he shamelessly used this weakening mechanism.. he sells you and makes you spend on something, which sooner or later they already know they'll make useless or worse..... then let's leave the robotos 100% effective, long range hidden javelin rack, rocket mortar at the bottom of the map behind the wall, and melee weapon like arc torrent grappling targets from mid-map and hitting 2 players as well together. so let's leave all that, but let's worry about EM rifle and how to make it intile. , It's a support weapon and now it's worth half .. it shows that you don't use it ,

Bruh. 

Sorry, but did you see the meta prior to the nerf? 

It was O-N-L-Y EM rifles. It was all people used. It made for boring and stale gameplay, not to mention being a pain to play against. 

The meta was basically just:

Surge & EMs

Bastion & EMs

Panther & EMs

Redeemer & EMs 

Eclipse/Shadow EMs

You prefer it that way? 

Getting one-hit every time you come round a corner? 

EMs give you 0.7 seconds to react. Mortars give you alot more. 

Don't forget, mortars have a WAY longer cooldown than EMs. 

EMs are still really OP, IF you can hit your shots. I if you've played the game for a bit, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm assuming you've played the game for a 'bit'. So what's the matter? If you are so mad, just use mortars. It's an equal level of 'scum' in my eyes. 

I mean not to be offencive. I am simply pointing out a flaw in you logic. 

Jun 1, 2023, 14:5106/01/23
09/17/21
Mech Arena sucks

I don't agree.EM rimless damage wasn't the point.It was the AIM ASSIT that was good.Although EM rifle"s damage is high,true,but the aim assit is more important..

The aim assist shouldn't be a problem if you can hit you shots. 

Their still SUPER powerful, as long as you don't have a **skill issue**

Jun 1, 2023, 16:1806/01/23
03/30/23
Wheelz

SO... let's compare the two- longarms to Em rifle's lets use level 12's  1 star to compare

Magazine: Em-1, Longarms 5 

Reload Em: 5.3 , Longarm 12 

Range Em: 165, Longarms 180

Damage per mag: Em 8132, Longarms 23, 070

So lets see less rounds less damage less range + shot delay for the Em rifle .... Why would anyone choose the EM Rifle with that info???? I choose the Em rifle to help defend the surge and slingshots that rush me ... I would have spent the money on a diff mech or weapon had I known ...  You can try and make it a skill issue if you choose but the numbers do not lie I would have never spent a Penny on the EM rifles had this change been in place at the time of purchase... 

You have to consider not just the damage per mag but the DPS as well. As the Longarms have the second slowest fire rate in the game. Only beating the Railgun by 10 rpm

Comparing the Longarm 8 and the EM Rifle 8:

The EM Rifle 8 deals 22,907 per shot/mag at its base level

The Longarm 8 deals 8,023/40,115 per shot/mag at 4* Lvl 6 (The closest I have to 5*, so you could consider a 5% increase in damage from my calculations here)

Though on paper the Longarm looks like it is far more effective, its fire rate of 60 rpm means you will only get one of those shots per second, which makes its competition far more effective at catching other snipers as it deals its double damage twice as often as the longarms apply overheat.

Additionally, the low fire rate means that to get all of your shots, and to get the weapon reloaded takes 17 seconds without implants, for a DPS of 2,359 assuming no overheat. 

The EM Rifles take ~2 seconds to fire their shot after the fire button is pressed, leading for a total of 7.3 seconds to fully reload, or a total of 3,138 DPS assuming you low-roll.

This makes the EM Rifles still better at killing Surges and Killshots on reaction, with the Railguns being the only real competition for that spot in theory due to the latter having no shot delay and double the damage per shot of the Longarms.

Jun 1, 2023, 16:2906/01/23
03/30/23
Deleted

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 

The Consumer Rights Act sets out your rights when you buy products, services and digital content

As with the Sale of Goods Act, under the Consumer Rights Act all products must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described.  

The rules also include digital content in this definition. So all products - whether physical or digital - must meet the following standards: 

• Fit for purpose: The goods should be fit for the purpose they are supplied for, as well as any specific purpose you made known to the retailer before you agreed to buy the goods. 
  • As described: The goods supplied must match any description given to you, or any models or samples shown to you at the time of purchase.
  • Satisfactory quality: Goods shouldn't be faulty or damaged when you receive them. You should ask what a reasonable person would consider satisfactory for the goods in question. For example, bargain-bucket products won’t be held to as high standards as luxury goods 

Since my em-rifle is no longer as described under the consumer rights act 2015 i have a claim.

If you are making a legal argument here, you have not read very far into the wording you have given.

Fit for Purpose: The EM Rifles still are the weapon with the highest single-shot damage in the game (Not single volley), they still have their range, they still have the shot delay, and the aim assist was never advertised. Since I doubt you got into a conversation with Plarium before purchasing them, you still have the weapon that is fit for the purpose that it was supplied for.

As Described: This only applies at the time of purchase. When you purchased them they functioned just as it was described, and functioned identically to everyone else's EM rifles at the time of purchase.

Satisfactory Quality: When you received the EM Rifles they functioned perfectly, and were not faulty or damaged. This also only applies to when you purchased them.

If this legislation applied for goods after you had purchased them then any game company could be sued for nerfing weapons, or reworking how they function, and for physical goods, a company could be sued for natural degredation of their products.

To reiterate, the information you have given only appllies to the goods at the time of purchase.

Jun 1, 2023, 16:3106/01/23
03/30/23
Scoppiato

SKILL ??, does it seem like a game where some rocket mortar skill prevails,, disck launcher, javelin, point and shoot, the target can escape, it will be hit anyway..., you call it skill?? , it is evident that you know nothing about the game, perhaps you are a developer who comments in secret.

I would like to reiterate again that this thread is not about the weapons such as the Rocket Mortars, Disk Launchers, Guided Racks, Nade Launchers, or any other weapon that is not comparable to the EM Rifles.

There of course are many other weapons that deserve a nerf, but none of the listed weapons are, nor will ever be a replacement for the EM Rifles.

Jun 1, 2023, 16:4106/01/23
03/30/23
Gau2023Mech

ok,i saw the video linked,AND the EM riffle used to be one kill,AND it shos that those are new-players,i have played with them so i know.

Here are my counterpoints to these arguments:

-The EM Rifles did not get their damage nerfed, only the chance to deal double damage, which was nerfed from a max of 50% to a max of 40%. This means it's only a little less likely to one-shot tankier mechs like Brickhouse, who needed double damage from both weapons to one-shot at higher levels. (You can see in the video the first mech I successfully shot was a Brickhouse, and neither rifle rolled double damage)

-The game is notoriously filled with bots, you should expect in most games to see names you recognize piloting a hangar similar in power to yours. This means they are not actual new players. My hangar has 5 Legendary Mechs, 4 Legendary Pilots, a Neymar Jr, 4 pairs of Legendary Weapons, and a pair of Epic weapons. All of this combined means I will be getting almost maximum strength bots and players hangar power-wise.

Jun 1, 2023, 18:5306/01/23
07/17/20

But wow this dude in the Video using his EM Rifles....

- had luck with the Map cause it's a good Map for EM Rifle

- seems lucky with the Enemy cause I saw no Javlins or Mortar aiming at him

- he camped at one spot use the aim help by move only left n right

- last but not least his damage was 170k - 150k which means 300k damage both weapon slots. Dude my Bastion have 160k Hp. So I wonder which lvl he play cause he mostly need 2 Shots to take 1 down. Would be cool if u tell us how much you paid for lvl these EMR 's up. 

Jun 4, 2023, 08:4206/04/23
04/16/23
PogsterPlays

The aim assist shouldn't be a problem if you can hit you shots. 

Their still SUPER powerful, as long as you don't have a **skill issue**

Yeah.....skill issues...😅😅

Jun 4, 2023, 08:4406/04/23
04/16/23
Besticio

But rocket motars are good and OP😁😁

Jun 4, 2023, 08:5606/04/23
Jun 4, 2023, 10:42(edited)
04/16/23
Gau2023Mech

ok,i saw the video linked,AND the EM riffle used to be one kill,AND it shos that those are new-players,i have played with them so i know.

Bro did u know that there are AI in this game?I seen this guy when I was level ten then he appeared on a division 1 youtuber"s video(fresh)

NANI?

Example ai:

AllHopeNoFite

RogerRoger

Jun 7, 2023, 02:3006/07/23
04/15/23

I admit it pissed me off that EM Rifle had an auto-aim, I was like "Why should this weapon have an auto-aim when others like Railgun and Longarm don't and nobody complained that it was hard to aim with".

For this time I must say that Plarium you did well to lower the firepower of EM Rifle :)

Of course there is a lot of disagreement about the auto-aim on the EM Rifle, so that's why I propose my idea: I propose that from rank 6, the EM Rifle can have an auto-aim because this way for players who are less advanced in the game will have a chance against this completely devastating weapon and for more advanced players will have a chance to destroy stronger mechs more easily as most legendary mechs have huge amount of HP.