All Categories

The reward system on Positions is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way!

The reward system on Positions is now secure against attempts to obtain Units in an unfair way!

Search
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Nov 2, 2016, 10:0211/02/16
09/17/15
Tonaya said:

Alyona,imperial units have 0 (zero)  value on pp !! why we getting them as rewards from tournaments?

i insist to get answer asap!

Tonaya
All Units have a certain value on PPs. However, please keep in mind that their value may differ from your expectations.
Nov 2, 2016, 12:4711/02/16
07/12/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

All Units have a certain value on PPs. However, please keep in mind that their value may differ from your expectations.

.. and here we have it AGAIN!!

IF units given as reward DO have value on PPs AND since they cost NO resources, THEN paying back the Bank CANNOT be based SOLELY on resources!  

And "their value may differ from your expectations" is it because their value is calculated in Hit Points AND Resources?? 

Nov 2, 2016, 22:5411/02/16
08/21/14

Tonaya said:

Alyona,imperial units have 0 (zero)  value on pp !! why we getting them as rewards from tournaments?

Tonaya

no,no,no Alyona! imerial units have ZERO VALUE on PP(i'v calculated it)they dont cost any resourses and they dont have any value on PP for filling the bank.all problems with PP and your top secret system started when you changed system(i think you just raised interest)and started to give us imperial units as rewards from tournaments,and when we send imperial units on PP they only kill persians but they dont fill our bank.that is why many players lost all or almost all army on PP.with that changes you are killing your costumers,when you lost your costumers you(plarium)wont have to whom to sell their products.as you see,we are not all idiots here,and you are cutting the branch on which you are sitting,so when you fall its gonna hurt :)

one more time sorry for my bad english,but i hope you understood what i'm saying

you can enjoy declining  99% of my suggestions with this song 

THE ROLLING STONES

"Like A Rolling Stone"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy-WDrhi8Cg

and one day you'll understand how does it feel :D

Tonaya  

Nov 3, 2016, 10:2811/03/16
09/17/15
Kakos said:

IF units given as reward DO have value on PPs AND since they cost NO resources, THEN paying back the Bank CANNOT be based SOLELY on resources!  

And "their value may differ from your expectations" is it because their value is calculated in Hit Points AND Resources?? 

I cannot confirm or decline your guess :) And I cannot give you more information on this matter.
Nov 3, 2016, 11:3011/03/16
Nov 3, 2016, 11:32(edited)
07/12/15

Kakos said:

I cannot confirm or decline your guess :) And I cannot give you more information on this matter.

I am not asking for MORE information but rather a confirmation of what you said previously "All Units have a certain value on PPs" and a denial of Tonaya's assertion " no,no,no Alyona! imerial units have ZERO VALUE on PP"

Because both can't be correct, right?!

Nov 4, 2016, 02:0611/04/16
08/21/14

Alyona,you know Tonaya like you?

Tonaya will adore you when you learn to answer YES instead of always NOPE

Tonaya ^^

Nov 4, 2016, 02:2411/04/16
08/21/14

Tonaya said:

Alyona,this is your words from 1. september,now its 26.october and you know we are not going any younger,so what happened?

are devs stil alive?

ps can you Alyona tell me where is your city on map? I would like to show you my balance >:)

Tonaya
No news from them yet, Tonaya. I have a meeting with them this week, so I will ask :)

1 week is gonne,what is their answer?

Tonaya
Nov 4, 2016, 02:2611/04/16
08/21/14

GLP said:

Tonaya said:

Tonaya

Tonaya, do you know that to be a fact?

Alyona, can you confirm/deny?

yes,they dont cost any resourses to build them,their value is ZERO

Tonaya
Nov 4, 2016, 11:5311/04/16
09/17/15
Tonaya said:

1 week is gonne,what is their answer?

Tonaya
No decision was made yet.
Nov 4, 2016, 21:3911/04/16
08/21/14

Alyona,why you ignoring some of my posts? ^^

Tonaya
Nov 5, 2016, 02:4111/05/16
you need hell lot of cash to play this type of game...GL
Nov 5, 2016, 11:0011/05/16
08/13/16

I have read most of the posts and have a concluding message to Plarium and TONOYA on the PP topic. (I am NOT a noob, rather I am probably one of the players who have had some of the most success with PPs. I have also started a new account around the time the PP changes came in to see how it builds up now.)

TONOYA: I have read ALL of your posts. Listen to me: your logic is not making sense. Have you considered that maybe you don't understand the PP system or a competitive multiplayer game? I can tell you with absolute certainty that 90% of what you say is incorrect and based on a flawed understanding of PP. Many other players (who have access to the same information as you) do understand the system. 90% of your problem (TONAYA), lies with you, and not with Plarium. You need to please stop ranting and blaming others (so passionately) due to your own limitations, and start working on addressing them. I say this in the nicest way I can, but you really need to hear it.

TO PLARIUM: I say this with great respect to others, and please do not see this the wrong way. It is clear as day that the PP favors smarter and more mathematically inclined players. I have made 100's of millions of armies from PP and I'm still making good profits on the new PP system (at low levels with new city and at higher levels) although with more effort than before. The problem is that there is a big pool of players who chase these rewards too (because they see/hear what others achieve on PP), but they lack the logic and basic understanding to make that work and then they lose everything and/or get heavily upset. So the gap is as wide as "total disaster" and "modest gains". And take note that many of your huge coiners, are actually quite dumb people, and a good chunk stop coining for you because they perceive PP's to be broken and/or lost all their stuff.) So it is in your interest to consider this problem too. It is an issue for me personally because several of my PvP punching bags are disappearing, getting weaker and weaker or too easy to counter because all they have left are +/- 1000 horses :P

IN SUMMARY AND A SUGGESTION: As said above, I think the PP system is much more favorable to certain players than it should be (I am NOT saying it should be indifferent). My suggestion is to introduce a new system (in addition to PPs) that is simpler to understand and leave the PP's for people who have the ability and drive to figure it out and not make a disaster of many years' playing. In this suggestion, it makes sense for PP's to be capable of being a bit more profitable than the "additional" system I am suggesting, because there is more effort going into PPs and generally the more skilled player should come off better in any game, all else constant. However, it will (hopefully) sort out a lot of problems with unhappiness of players, up participation in the game and get the "balance" between people of different skill levels to a more appropriate point.

You as Plarium can then rather say: "Try your luck and skill with Positions ... if you dare ... for the chance of greater rewards, or go with the safer alternative of "<something>" where you can <achieve something similar to PPs> ... but at the cost of smaller overall gains."

I do understand that something like this will be a pretty big game change, but I think it is worth considering.

Nov 5, 2016, 11:0711/05/16
Nov 5, 2016, 12:09(edited)
08/13/16

Sorry for the follow-up, few extra things I wanted to say:

I wanted to elaborate on the problem I described above in my previous post, and pull it through to a more general / wider issue, and also explain what may work better for you as Plarium in my opinion. 

You realise that many players repeatedly throw Swordsman (arguably the worst overall unit to use in PPs) at the Persians, and then they take their Agema/Macedonians that they obtained from the PP and go and throw those at PvP tournaments? Besides someone attacking with defense units and defending with offense units, I'm not sure I know of many other, worse, strategies. Yet, it feels like the best thing to do to many players and I don't blame them (which is the issue) because they are giving a crappy unit away, getting a stronger one and then they go fight their real enemy with the stronger units (this sounds and looks very logical !).

It is true that people have different objectives with PPs, and may wish to trade Swordsman up for certain reasons, but this is certainly not the way to improve total offense/defense and those two numbers are ultimately more important and relevant than anything else.

The problem now is this: Because this is such a long-term game, the power gap between players following an okayish and a bad strategy becomes so massive that it resembles an elephant versus an ant after some time has passed, even though both players started at the same time and bought the same drachma. Players can hurt their game and competitive advantage a lot by playing PPs and not actually realise that and believe what they are doing is a good thing (and again, I really do not blame players for this!). In my opinion, 80% of people who play PPs fall into that category actually (not all to the same extent though). Yes, some of them are in coalitions like Lost Souls, HoB, Terminators, but those guys can coin their way out of the problem.

A key result of the above is the guy who ended up on the weaker side is now so much more likely to jump on the wagon of:

"coiners, coiners, can't play this damn game because of all the coiners, coiners, damn you plarium and your coiners, coiners, I am leaving, because of the coiners, coiners, etc, etc" .. type of rants.

It will not cross the mind that a big chunk of the reason for perceived disadvantage is having played a sub-optimal strategy for long time and your opponent may not even have spent a cent ... AND MY POINT IS, that is in my opinion the fault of Plarium because optimal strategy in certain parts of your game is counter-intuitive and misleading to too many players. The PPs is the biggest example of this type of issue as far as I know, but there are others as well.

So take this chance and reduce the amount of annoying rants people have about others spending money, whinning on forums and chat channels about it, and spreading negative attitude, and create a bit more balance in the game at the same time which can only benefit you money wise. I'm NOT saying remove strategy from the game, I'm saying don't make the WRONG strategy look so appealing.

Nov 5, 2016, 12:1611/05/16
Nov 5, 2016, 12:28(edited)
07/12/15

tsunwu85rsa said:

I have read most of the posts and have a concluding message to Plarium and TONOYA on the PP topic. (I am NOT a noob, rather I am probably one of the players who have had some of the most success with PPs. I have also started a new account around the time the PP changes came in to see how it builds up now.) ............................

You as Plarium can then rather say: "Try your luck and skill with Positions ... if you dare ... for the chance of greater rewards, or go with the safer alternative of "" where you can ... but at the cost of smaller overall gains."

I do understand that something like this will be a pretty big game change, but I think it is worth considering.

I don't know whether Tonaya is right or wrong but you certainly appear to be quite arrogant..

With so many players struggling with PPs, you come here gloating about millions of gains, advice and suggestions expecting anyone to take you seriously on your say so, instead of EXPALINING to us lesser mortals and oh not so math inclined plebeians who " lack the logic and basic understanding" how we might get ahead on PPs.

Like the old saying goes "put up or shut up"!! 

PS: Oh great.. another condescending post!!

What a tool!!

Nov 5, 2016, 12:2611/05/16
Nov 5, 2016, 12:32(edited)
08/13/16

The point here is to get a message to Plarium (hopefully their developers), not you. You may need a reality check if you think everybody has the mindset of "let me go teach the masses". I don't even know the people here, why would I spend my time on that? If you read between the lines in my posts, you will see that if that gets attention, it would actually benefit you a great deal. That is not my reason for posting this, as I said: a bit annoyed with my PvP punching bags fading away and too many unnecessary rants about needing money flooding interesting pieces of conversation / reading material on the game.

Nov 5, 2016, 12:3411/05/16
Nov 5, 2016, 12:38(edited)
07/12/15

tsunwu85rsa said:

The point here is to get a message to Plarium, not you.

And what is that  message? That 80% of the players are stupid and Plarium should make it "easier" for them or they're going to lose them??

Is there no end to your silly arrogance?! LOL

PS:..and this

"TONOYA: I have read ALL of your posts. Listen to me: your logic is not making sense. Have you considered that maybe you don't understand the PP system or a competitive multiplayer game? I can tell you with absolute certainty that 90% of what you say is incorrect and based on a flawed understanding of PP. Many other players (who have access to the same information as you) do understand the system. 90% of your problem (TONAYA), lies with you, and not with Plarium. You need to please stop ranting and blaming others (so passionately) due to your own limitations, and start working on addressing them. I say this in the nicest way I can, but you really need to hear it."

is NOT a message to Plarium.
Nov 5, 2016, 12:5911/05/16
Nov 5, 2016, 13:04(edited)
08/13/16
Look, I do not know what issues you've got and what you need to work through, and why it is that you think I care about your opinion about myself, but my intentions here have nothing to do with you. All that you are doing is pushing a worthwhile post to Plarium up and reducing the chances of it getting noticed, which ultimately does not disadvantage me, nearly as much as it does for you. If you have any sense, you will realise this. Good luck to you. Not replying to your post again.
Nov 5, 2016, 13:2511/05/16
07/12/15

tsunwu85rsa said:

I do not know what issues you've got and what you need to work through.. why it is that you think I care about your opinion about myself... a worthwhile post... does not disadvantage me, nearly as much as it does for you.

Seriously, you couldn't be more conceited if you tried!!

Nov 5, 2016, 19:1011/05/16
03/29/15

There's always a persian guru that has won 200 million by his own brilliance, but is coincidently unable to explain the wealth of his expertise.

Until someone lays down cast iron proof, instead of the secretive, cryptic and contradicting strategies, I'll always believe the brillance came from visa and 75% revival day rather than sparta's answer to stephen hawking.

Nov 6, 2016, 01:4211/06/16
07/12/15

Greed oft o'er reaches itself said:

sparta's answer to stephen hawking

ROTFLMAO!!  

He could've been our savior if he had the mindset "of let me go teach the masses" but alas..