Все Категории

Are the following tactics allowed in Jotunheim?

Поиск
11 дек. 2022, 09:4911.12.22

Hello,

I hope to receive clarification on whether or not the practices I'm about to describe, which I consistently witness during Jotunheim, are allowed and within the rules of the game.

The most common sight by far is as follows. Two towns will sit right next to each other, and send troops at each other. It's not a genuine fight though. Often times, both towns involved are huge in influence and obviously have tons of troops, and nobody trying to do well would even think of messing with them. There Is usually a leisurely pace to it, and an ordered back and forth exchange, rather than what a genuine fight would be expected to look like. The attacking town always does terrible, losing a bunch of troops while hardly killing any. But they nearly always switch roles periodically so as to balance the benefit for both of them.

Both towns go on like this for however long they desire, presumably to easily score lots of points and do well in the contests. They can take their time and heal after each fight and have no worry of it stopping them short by shielding. This method is obviously a lot less risky than trying to get the same amount of kills by attacking without the guarantee of getting like kind in return, so I understand why people do this.

The other thing I see quite often is where a town, either under the control of the attacking players or someone under their influence, is purposely left vulnerable while packed with troops. This allows the attackers to get guaranteed high-scoring battles with minimal losses. But as soon as anyone else tries to get in on it, the target always shields immediately, they all move somewhere else, and start the process again after waiting a bit. Again, presumably for the same purposes as the prior approach, and also just as understandably attractive an option to people who want the easy way to points and rewards.

The in-game rules would initially lead me to believe that playing in such a manner violates policy, but after having seen the sustained ubiquity of it for awhile now, I'm left wondering if it's one of those things that they say you can't do, but everyone just kind of knows you actually can and does it anyway. Or perhaps it's not even breaking policy, and my understanding is flawed.

I want to know if all these players are somehow openly breaking the rules with Impunity, or am I a fool for not taking advantage of these techniques myself? So many players do it, and it seems the clans everyone says are the best are among the ones utilizing such measures the most. It's so easy to see, they all do it in broad daylight with no effort to conceal it. There is no possible way for most people to compete with players doing these things short of doing it themselves.

Can I please get the official ruling on these things from a Plarium representative? My instincts and reasoning tell me these things shouldn't be allowed, but my eyes tell me not only is it ok, it is necessary to have any chance at success. So which is it?

Thank you for your help!

V

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
11 дек. 2022, 11:3611.12.22
11 дек. 2022, 11:57(отредактировано)

Val Halla : there are  lots of things to take into consideration. I have tried doing the activity you describe and it can be really tricky. I am level 27 and less than 60 bill influence - if I spend any time with my shield down trying to swap hits with a like level player we both run the risk of getting slaughtered by a level 40. In a previous Jot I got hit and the lv 40 was "miles" away. 

According to one video on You Tube, Lv 40s can now attack each other with up to 400 million top level troops, in one march - enough to flatten most low level 40s. 

The two players "swapping troops" can be members of an alliance, members of the same kingdom or any two people that are willing to take a gamble against the other person, and against getting caught by  a much bigger player ! 

The other scenario you describe: i.e. a town packed with troops that is left unshielded, in the hope it looks vulnerable to players too small to do much damage, is also a gamble. It only works until a strong player hits and does serious damage and the owner has to shield to save the surviving troops.

And when you think about it, the whole of Jot is a gamble: you never know if the town you are attacking is reinforced with troops from a much stronger player or by several stronger players. Or if the troops attacking you are way stronger than the town that they originate from would suggest?  The only thing you can be sure of in a vikings battle -  is that there is always someone bigger and stronger ready to take you down. ( Yesterday in Jot I watched a 100 trillion infl lv 40 happily giving all the other lv 40s around him a hard time.)

Try dropping your shield yourself next time -  and see if it is cheating the game - and good luck, if you are not a high lv40 you may need it ! A number of players do seem to just sacrifice their troops in the hope  they get some points, some soul shards, and an excuse to train more troops afterwards, .... it is just a game.

11 дек. 2022, 21:4811.12.22

There has been no Plarium input on these boards for several months Val so you might have a very long wait for the official ruling you seek.  And even when there were posts by forum admin those posts were invariably just empty boilerplate messages.

You will get a response if you submit a ticket to the Support Tram https://vikingsweb-support.plarium.com/web/en/tickets?game=vikings but the first response will be of the empty boilerplare variety and if you persist I would rate your chance of getting anything helpful or sensible as low to disappearing.

On the face of it, the gameplay rules try to establisg principles.  However the reality is that they are a jumble and require so much interpretation as to be meaningless without a body of specific rulings to refer to.  And Plarium make no specific rulings, still less publish any.

Exchanging hits, as you describe, seems to me OK, if very dull.  Similarly the technique you describe of offering an easy and profitable target - and at least that entails a modicum of risk.

Plarium have said that these behaviours are outside the rules when the participants are alts - and, very oddly, Plarium bars a player found to be doing that from making purchases for a period.