Все Категории

Political Units - too Strong!!

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
6 апр. 2020, 10:3406.04.20

Lately the game play for fighting – and we all like a good fight – has changed.

It seems to me to have changed for the worse. Now players and rogue coalitions in particular – just bash way with hundreds of Political Units and never bother with the ‘real’ troops – too scared I think?

So now I can’t be bothered with fights as the Political Units are easy, immediate and completely dominating the scene. Buck up and sort this distortion of game play out.

There’s nothing wrong with PUs – but they should NOT overwhelm the fight part of Sparta – that’s what all the other troops are for. PUs should be a niche element for a surprise attack.

The game limits raids per day to 10 (typically), resource gathering limits, and even sending a max of 2 articles a day to another player!

As plea to get this game back to a more sensible balance – please do something with the Political Units power.. Set a maximum per day that can hit another player say 10 – that’s still pretty heavy. DO NOT do it as a max per player – the rogue coalitions will just get 20 players to all send 10 and we’re back where it is at now.

Thank you

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
NancyAdmin
7 апр. 2020, 12:0507.04.20

Hello, SANUTUA.

As far as I understand, the main concern is that some players may use Political units more often in comparison with other players in your opinion. 

What I can say, there are many tactics in the game a player could choose from and stick to it in order to achieve their goals in the game. Sparta is a war strategy game and players should be ready to fight against different players and deal with different tactics. If there is a player in the game who uses a lot of Political Units against your Coalition, I would suggest that you gather with your Coalition mates and revenge them. 

8 апр. 2020, 00:0008.04.20

Hi Sanutua, Nancy, Sparta Players and Plarium.

This is very important topic. Hundreds of players representing tens of percentages of the players will look at it. Sanutua is playing for many years, I also play for 4 years. I have a lot of experience with diverse tactics and playing modes. I don't think any Plarium personnel, game designer, programmer, team leader or architect have even 20% of the experience Sanutua or myself have separately.

I state confidently that the Greek Assassins that are called also Political attacks do ruin the game and I challenge anyone inside the game or inside plarium to state otherwise.

Now I will demonstrate in length how the game is destroyed by this. Some players I know might say that I used Political attacks in a battle just few days ago. Yes, I used them since the battle tactics forced me to choose assassins as a better way to do battle results. But this doesn't mean I like or agree to this general direction being forced to use.

Nancy, what is the main purpose of Sparta game? Answer: it is said in the name of the game "sparta - war of empires". The war itself is not just one out of many of the aspects of this game but its main purpose. And when saying "war" it means battles, and most of the battles are city battles. So city battles is the aspect that brings the most fun and excitement to the players that play this game and while doing this also the players pay a lot of money to Plarium.

99% of the time is building troops time, including raiding dead cities for resources, and not doing real battles. Already players mentioned this many times, this is way too high percentage used to build troops relatively to the wars themselves. Try to rename the name of the game to "Sparta - Building Troops game" and let's see how many new players will join.

However, the remaining 1%, which is way too low by itself, it is important not to destroy the fun that it still does. War or Battle means to me army against army, no shortcuts. Greek Assassins are like missiles being shot from thousands of kilometers doing a lot of damage.

1) I don't see any real life historical justification for such a missile phenomenon in 500 B.C. For modern warfare games maybe, and players will object to that too, but definitely not ancient historical ones.

2) Let's enter now the mind of the 10,000 players of Sparta from offensive and defensive mode. I estimated this number in a different topic calculating overall different human players that play Sparta.

3) When wanting to do offence, sending political attacks instead of assassins will result in few political attacks destroying hundred of thousands of defense points, without any loss to real troop to the offender. Real troops that the offender can send more now to other targets, mostly pantheons or emporium. So from offence point of view, sending political attacks is the best way, real troops stay in acropolis.

4) Defender, when seeing that few political attacks can destroy even big army, his own defensive army will always stay in acropolis and not defending his own city.

5) So in the most common battles now, as demonstrated in points 3 and 4, the troops stay in the acropolis for offence and defense alike. My say now is as above, where is the battle? where is the army against army?

Nancy, you cannot say there are many tactics to choose. Once there is a better tactic like using political attacks all the others will be neglected naturally.

6) To add things worse, in the last months Plarium is giving free many political attacks as rewards. Not good, as demonstrated above.

7) Rich players, called Coiners, buy city scheme that protects them from these attacks, spending 80-100$ per month just for this protection. This makes the difference between Rich players and regular players even higher and makes regular non rich players to be the main victims of these political assassins.

My suggestion is to eliminate completely the political attacks, as it is now it makes the game to be less fun.