Все Категории

Please reduce RSI inducing actions

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
16 янв. 2020, 21:1216.01.20

It is obvious to all who play Sparta that people are leaving in droves.

I believe there are 3 main factors:

1) Dominance of coiners - for example even top 10 COA's cannot hold onto even a single Pan as a single coiner player can come along and wipe out the entire Pan defence by him/her self.

2) The in your face avarice of Plarium. We all understand that you need to make money but the incessant in game self promotion and obvious design of features that are obviously designed primarily to entice players to spend spend spend are I believe counter productive for the majority of players - who would spend  modestly but don't because they feel manipulated, coerced almost into spending. It gets our backs up and we finish up not spending at all in response.

3) The huge time drain that participating in the game entails. I applaud Plarium's updates that recently have automated repetitive and boring bits of the game. One area stands out as needing more improvement- Guardians.

For Example; 

I am currently running auto conquest feature in 3 cities. This is a full time task to keep the 3 conquests going - My hands are literally seizing up with the amount of mouse movements required. The conquest item creates large quantities of levelled up guardians. To upgrade the rank of each of these guardians takes a large amount of mouse movements and clicks. For example to upgrade a rank 2 guardian takes 1 mouse click and drag (quite tricky as no indexing in the guardian list is provided), a further 7 mouse movements and a totla of 8 mouse clicks - that's just ONE upgrade - a total of 16 separate actions for one upgrade - madness!

When not using auto function the situation is far worse.

Some of those actions are easily designed out. EG Pop up picture of upgraded guardian after clicking UPGRADE and requiring mouse move and click is COMPLETELY UN-NECESSARY.

With some thought, getting to the guardian you want could be made easier or even automated, as could the selection of the feeder guardians facilitating the upgrade.

Please look at this area with a view to reducing payer time input.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
NancyAdmin
21 янв. 2020, 12:1921.01.20

Thanks for your suggestions, AGESOFMAN RED WARRIOR. 

Guardians is a pretty new feature and we have ideas on how to make this feature even better. 

I would be grateful if you could complete your suggestions regarding Guardians with screenshots. It will help us to avoid possible misunderstanding and we will forward the exact examples to our game designers for further consideration. 

13 фев. 2020, 15:3013.02.20

Hi Nancy

Sorry for delay in replying, I have been busy

Hard to illustrate my issue with the way the game plays with screenshots but really easy to duplicate what my issue is - simply upgrade a level 20 guardian (G) to the next rank and note carefully the number of actions required. Sparta plays really slowly on my PC even though I have a powerful gaming PC and an excellent net connection. This makes mouse scrolling movements especially painful to carry out (slow, laggy, oveshoot etc)

If you are looking for solid suggestions as to how to improve:

1) Reduce number of scroll and clicks needed to upgrade - especially mouse movements

2) Add small click buttons to move down G list to level 1; 15; 20; 25; 30; 35

3) Clicking on large G in RH screen - move down G list to that G

4) If say player is upgrading rank 1, level 15 Guardian (G) (to rank 2 level 1 G), then keep G list view at level 15 (rather than returning to top of G list)

5) As a general comment - make icons smaller and get more icons in view eg you can see 5 warlords in warlords tab - rearrange screen to enable player to be able to see 8 or 10 warlords (2 columns or smaller icon boxes for example would be fine)

6) Add ability to select multiple G to upgrade to next rank (including of course which G's you want to retire to effect upgrade

7) Reduce or eliminate the animated graphics - they just get boring and slow the gameplay down

I am sure there are other ways it would be possible but above would be a good start

regards

Agesofman

Nancy said

Thanks for your suggestions, AGESOFMAN RED WARRIOR. 

Guardians is a pretty new feature and we have ideas on how to make this feature even better. 

I would be grateful if you could complete your suggestions regarding Guardians with screenshots. It will help us to avoid possible misunderstanding and we will forward the exact examples to our game designers for further consideration.