Все Категории

Where I think Plarium went wrong....

Поиск
Moderators for Sparta: War of Empires
Moderators wanted!
4 окт. 2022, 15:2804.10.22

I have long wondered what went "wrong" with this game.  While I am still addicted to it, I no longer love it like I used to.  It has become more a chore of clicking this, clicking that, reading political attack reports, and listening to people complain about sieges being raided (probably the thing I hate the most).

The biggest complaint I hear among most players (on Server 2 as that is the only server I play) is that the top coalitions in the game are all allied with each other and those alliances have ruined the server.  While strategic alliances were crucial at the beginning of the game while we all grew, now, as the game has evolved and some coalitions grew and others dimished, the need for the alliances is questioned by those not in the alliances.  I've been told numerous times that in order to "save the server" my coalition should attack our closest ally and our best friends in the game.  Why?  Because this will help the OTHER coalitions and the server.  But it serves us no good other than killing our own units to benefit our "enemies".  

So I wondered, what would incentivize coalitions to fight, even their own allies.  And I came up to the realization that the flaw in the game is that there is no END GAME.  There is no event that WINS the server.  Something that would cause people to fight 'til the bitter end to prevent even their allies from "winning".  This game continues forever, with plarium adding things that further extends the gaps between the "bigger coas/player" and the "smaller coas/players".

Maybe its a fear that if there is an end game, plarium will lose out on money as players will stop playing.  But I disagree completely.  By ending a server, you can start a new server.  And players who LOST or players who started servers late and know they are too far behind will gladly spend on the new server.  I really believe this.  In addition, the amount of money people would spend to try to WIN would be incredible.

So my suggestion to Plarium is this:

End the server when a coalition's capital reaches lvl 100.  Make the upgrades for the capital dependent on ori at the higher levels, forcing coalition to conquer and hold pantheons.  Give us a reason to fight again rather than farm and click.  If people think that all their hard work is in jeopardy as another coa gets close to lvl 100, they will FINALLY work together as opposed to protecting their own coalition.  It will create a server based war.  And will create an interest in new servers, as you will lose some people but will gain others.  

This is my idea.

-V

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
4 окт. 2022, 18:0204.10.22

so i agree with some of  your statement.  But a cap reaching lvl 100    wlll once again only happen for the top 1-2 coalitions in the server, as no other coas could hold a Pan long enough because you would need 15   billion defense per Pan just to hold it for a short time.

thus creating even a larger gap for many coalitions.

Because plarium created so many additions and champions , new troops. It has destroyed the Pan from being optained by any coalition, Unless that coalition has 10- 15  billion defense to keep in it at all times. 

Now pantheons are just targets, near obsolete . Unless you have a Pantheon, then you avoid attacking others, Except if you are in the top couple of coalitions on the server. 

There was a fun with this game back 6 years ago, nice simple fun. Now I am close to hating the game that I loved [playing so much. For the simple reason you do not have the time to play the parts of the game that gives you enjoyment because of all the daily chores that must be done so your city does not fall behind

One day we will follow so many before us and leave the game. then realize there is a life outside Plarium

KatiaModerator
5 окт. 2022, 19:3705.10.22

Hello, Archons. I play the game for more than 8 years. I do agree that the peace agreements destroying the fun, but  Plarium cannot do something about it. It is the coalitions' leaders who should decide on peace or war.  I do hope that we will have new levels for capitals soon, but I don't think that we will get 100 levels 🙂As for Pantheons, a lot of players had posted good suggestions, I included, as we all see the map full of level 1 pantheons. Till now, all the suggestions have been rejected by the devs, but there was a new suggestion that might have better luck. Sometimes, a suggestion might sound interesting to our ears, but it is technically impossible for the developers to materialise it. Regarding the clicks, Plarium hears all the good suggestions, so if you have a good one don't hesitate to post it.