Все Категории

Selection of units: choose the right quantity you want to select, FASTER !!!

Поиск
How to join our moderation team?
20 нояб. 2019, 09:0920.11.19

Can you please implement this change ??

Sometimes it takes me more than 20 minutes to select the right group of units I want to send (eg. 50% of my COBRAs, 75% of my OFF, 50% of my DEF, 25% of my Recons)...

For example: if I want to split my OFF-army into 4 separate attacks  (or if I want to split my defensive army in 4 groups, each 1/4 to send to defend 4 different places), every time I have to calculate what 1/4 of my army is!! (of each type of unit I have!!).

After I made the first selection of 1/4, then I have to select 1/3 of the ALL remaining units (to select the second group of 1/4), then I have to select 1/2 of the remaining units (to select the third 1/4) and finally the last 1/4 to be selected remains in the bunker! (and I can finally press "Offense", to select it).

so... after 30 minutes spent selecting units, FINALLY I have:

• 1/4,
  • 1/4,
  • 1/4,
  • 1/4,

... of my army, moving on the map (often when the last group leaves, the first group sent has already arrived!)

THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING and sometimes I give up making my attacks (or sending my defenses), because I get discouraged from having to lose 20+ minutes to select the units I want !! (not all my defense, but 1/5, 1/4 or 1/3 of it!)

Moreover it becomes very difficult to organize strategies (surprise attacks, coordinated attacks, etc.) if you lose all this time for the selection of the units and if between the first and the fourth attack there are 30 minutes of difference (due to the manual selection of the correct percentage of each type of unit!!).

Another example:

If I have to send 1/20 of my DEF-Army on each of the 20 Mining Complexes owned by my combine, with this interface it is easier to do (just select 10% to pull out of the bunker, once outside: select 50% of it and so you have 1/20!)

It is very useful in many situations and makes everything easier and faster!

so... I hope you like my idea and you agree with me to implement it in the game AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !!

Thanks.

Просмотры
Комментарии
Комментарии
AlinaCommunity Manager
20 нояб. 2019, 10:5420.11.19

Red Terror said:

Can you please implement this change ??

Sometimes it takes me more than 20 minutes to select the right group of units I want to send (eg. 50% of my COBRAs, 75% of my OFF, 50% of my DEF, 25% of my Recons)...

For example: if I want to split my OFF-army into 4 separate attacks  (or if I want to split my defensive army in 4 groups, each 1/4 to send to defend 4 different places), every time I have to calculate what 1/4 of my army is!! (of each type of unit I have!!).

After I made the first selection of 1/4, then I have to select 1/3 of the ALL remaining units (to select the second group of 1/4), then I have to select 1/2 of the remaining units (to select the third 1/4) and finally the last 1/4 to be selected remains in the bunker! (and I can finally press "Offense", to select it).

so... after 30 minutes spent selecting units, FINALLY I have:

• 1/4,
  • 1/4,
  • 1/4,
  • 1/4,

... of my army, moving on the map (often when the last group leaves, the first group sent has already arrived!)

THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING and sometimes I give up making my attacks (or sending my defenses), because I get discouraged from having to lose 20+ minutes to select the units I want !! (not all my defense, but 1/5, 1/4 or 1/3 of it!)

Moreover it becomes very difficult to organize strategies (surprise attacks, coordinated attacks, etc.) if you lose all this time for the selection of the units and if between the first and the fourth attack there are 30 minutes of difference (due to the manual selection of the correct percentage of each type of unit!!).

Another example:

If I have to send 1/20 of my DEF-Army on each of the 20 Mining Complexes owned by my combine, with this interface it is easier to do (just select 10% to pull out of the bunker, once outside: select 50% of it and so you have 1/20!)

It is very useful in many situations and makes everything easier and faster!

so... I hope you like my idea and you agree with me to implement it in the game AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !!

Thanks.

Hello!

Thanks for your suggestion! So, as far as I understood, your suggestion is to choose units in %, not in numbers? Did I get it right? 
20 нояб. 2019, 11:4520.11.19
20 нояб. 2019, 12:50(отредактировано)

Alina said:

Hello!

Thanks for your suggestion! So, as far as I understood, your suggestion is to choose units in %, not in numbers? Did I get it right? 

currently there are only two choices:
- select all OFFENSE (100%).
- or manually select what OFFENSE you want (by entering the number beside each unit).

It is clear that if your intent is to divide your army into 3, 4 or 5 equal parts, with the current dashboard you need to spend dozens of minutes, because you have to select everything manually and calculate what is (for example):
- 1/5 of 20.922 thuderheads
- 1/5 of 15.025 Mohawk
- 1/5 of 8.044 YAN
- 1/5 of 250 sansons
- 1/5 of 35.462 zaams
- 1/5 of 17.000 Vindicator
- 1/5 of 11.778 Assault infantry
- 1/5 of 19'563 Heavy infantry
- 1/5 of 16.229 Rifleman
- etc.

and then repeat the whole selection process again 4 more times (each time selecting a different percentage of the remaining units still to be selected, so as to collect 1/5 of the original total!)

In the image that I posted, you can choose 1/5 of everything, 1/4 of everything, etc ... simply by pressing 1 button! without wasting time selecting one by one each type of unit manually (accounting mentally how much is 1/5 of 35k zaam and the percentage of all other units!).

You can also choose 1/5 of a single type (eg. 1/5 only Recon, 1/5 only Offence), simply by setting all the others categories to 0% ... so the advantage is remarkable!

if you don't understand it, I invite you to try to select 1/5 of all your offensive army and organize 5 different attacks in this way (each one consisting of 1/5 of your entire offensive army!). ... do you realize how much time you lose !?!?!? (after doing it once you will never do it again!).

obviously, if a player wants to select units by typing the number next to the logo of the relevant unit he wishes to select (eg. 100 Thunderheads and that's it!), he can continue to do so.

This new system helps you a lot to quickly select a large number of different units, so that you can split your army equally and send each part quickly! (otherwise you lose 30+ minutes to do it! ... considering the varied amount of units present in the game).

____

in short, my suggestion is to be able to split my entire defensive or offensive army (including all its sections: aviation, armours, heavy infantry and light infantry) in 3 parts, 4 parts, 5 parts, 6 parts or more (according to the needs of the moment) ... simply by pressing 1 button.
I no longer want to select everything one by one and lose 30 minutes in order to split my whole army in equal parts, and trying to figure out what 1/5 of 34k zaam is.... what 1/5 of 19k Assault infantry is ... etc.

AlinaCommunity Manager
21 нояб. 2019, 16:2921.11.19

Red Terror said:

Alina said:

Hello!

currently there are only two choices:
- select all OFFENSE (100%).
- or manually select what OFFENSE you want (by entering the number beside each unit).

It is clear that if your intent is to divide your army into 3, 4 or 5 equal parts, with the current dashboard you need to spend dozens of minutes, because you have to select everything manually and calculate what is (for example):
- 1/5 of 20.922 thuderheads
- 1/5 of 15.025 Mohawk
- 1/5 of 8.044 YAN
- 1/5 of 250 sansons
- 1/5 of 35.462 zaams
- 1/5 of 17.000 Vindicator
- 1/5 of 11.778 Assault infantry
- 1/5 of 19'563 Heavy infantry
- 1/5 of 16.229 Rifleman
- etc.

and then repeat the whole selection process again 4 more times (each time selecting a different percentage of the remaining units still to be selected, so as to collect 1/5 of the original total!)

In the image that I posted, you can choose 1/5 of everything, 1/4 of everything, etc ... simply by pressing 1 button! without wasting time selecting one by one each type of unit manually (accounting mentally how much is 1/5 of 35k zaam and the percentage of all other units!).

You can also choose 1/5 of a single type (eg. 1/5 only Recon, 1/5 only Offence), simply by setting all the others categories to 0% ... so the advantage is remarkable!

if you don't understand it, I invite you to try to select 1/5 of all your offensive army and organize 5 different attacks in this way (each one consisting of 1/5 of your entire offensive army!). ... do you realize how much time you lose !?!?!? (after doing it once you will never do it again!).

obviously, if a player wants to select units by typing the number next to the logo of the relevant unit he wishes to select (eg. 100 Thunderheads and that's it!), he can continue to do so.

This new system helps you a lot to quickly select a large number of different units, so that you can split your army equally and send each part quickly! (otherwise you lose 30+ minutes to do it! ... considering the varied amount of units present in the game).

____

in short, my suggestion is to be able to split my entire defensive or offensive army (including all its sections: aviation, armours, heavy infantry and light infantry) in 3 parts, 4 parts, 5 parts, 6 parts or more (according to the needs of the moment) ... simply by pressing 1 button.
I no longer want to select everything one by one and lose 30 minutes in order to split my whole army in equal parts, and trying to figure out what 1/5 of 34k zaam is.... what 1/5 of 19k Assault infantry is ... etc.

Hi, thanks for your detailed explanation!

I'll forward it to the game team, and we'll see what they think about it. 

Cheers!